Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:21:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: can bitcoin wallet be hacked by hackers?  (Read 28447 times)
lady Royal

Activity: 720
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2017, 07:34:38 PM

First of all yes a Bitcoin wallet can be hacked by hackers, but it is really impossible to determine the private key of an address by hackers that is why Bitcoins are secured and so does our money in Bitcoins.

- You can increase your Wallet security by adding 2fa security feature.
- You should create a strong password (Use online password generator websites to generate a password)
- You should use different bitcoin address everytime you are going to receive payment.

If you are using a online wallet I suggest you to use blockchain.info wallet because they have added many security features and it is the best wallet for me so far.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■   .PRIVATE SALE is LIVE.   ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
..Skynet..
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
.CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
leisha

Activity: 105
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 07:48:50 PM

Yes of course, since bitcoin wallet is an online wallet there is a possibility that hackers might dig in to your wallet. But some wallets are made to be strongly secured, they're especially made with different security access. But again good hackers can access your web wallet so it is a good idea to have multiple wallets or use a hardware wallet.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
meliodas

Activity: 742
Merit: 329

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:10:43 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?

I believe they can hack our wallets if hey really want to, however, they will still be needing some information like the private address. So, it is better to check every website that you view your wallet info into. Also, don’t lose the copy of your wallet file.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $| 
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
komjhq

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:14:33 PM

The fact is that to date there is a lot of information that many have problems with their Bitcoin wallets and ETH wallet . How then are things with the fact that everyone is talking about the inaccessibility of other people's means? How then can someone steal from you if they are protected by keys?
terrific

Activity: 2128
Merit: 506

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:26:48 PM

It is very possible, one of the ways that often a hacker is there by sending a phishing link to us.

So we should be more be careful of unclear links.
And it's now popular in the forum especially those people that doesn't really know that they are being targeted by those phishers, it's either they are exposing on how much bitcoin they've got or the hackers saw the amount of their bitcoin address has. It's easy to protect our wallets as it can only be hacked if they have our information, login details or private keys. And if you will not enter any of your details into a not familiar website you are fine and also don't just click any unfamiliar links.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

ahmad21

Activity: 672
Merit: 271

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:29:00 PM

can they hack into our wallet. There are many professional hackers out there. What are the chances? Also what is the safest way to safeguard ourself?
Yes they can hack into your wallets. Many people have been looted this way. I have found many of them even posting threads about it here on the forum. Safest way is to conceal who you are and how much amount of assets you have. If you have more than 1-2 btc i suggest you to buy trezor hardware wallet which ofcourse is safest.
BCTBF

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:36:38 PM

I'm not so familiar with the world of hackers, but I once had a virus on my computer and soon my blockchain wallet asked for login verification, I panicked with the incident, without a second thought I backup all the data on my computer, then my computer format. I do not know if the hacker has stolen all my data or not, I just reformat and change all passwords just to anticipate if hacker still keep all my data. All we have to do is just be careful to install everything on our computer.
lepricoin

Activity: 673
Merit: 112

umachit.fund

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 08:38:06 PM

here you need to be a little paranoid to protect your wallets, use the password manager ... yes it can be inconvenient to enter passwords every time, but can additionally protect. Use VPN only proven and do not connect to unfamiliar wifi networks

jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:04:51 PM

First of all I would like to clear that there are many types of hackers. Hackers are not what you think there are not going to crack your password at first sight, that is the last option in their list. Hackers use a technique called spoofing, they can easily hack your computer or in other words infect your computer so that we can see what are you doing. So they don't have to crack your password we just have to keep a track on you like they have to just spy on your password. So do secure yourself I will suggest where you should make an encrypted paper wallet weather cryptographic password in it.
lucas.zimmer

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

Machine Learning & AI - Trustless Ledger System

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:07:31 PM

it seems like unfortunately it can be hacked if wallet can be reachable through internet.

kimochidesh

Activity: 518
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:08:31 PM

Yes, many got coned this way. Use hardware wallet like Trezor or use app-based wallet like mycelium which also provide private key to the users. Also if you use online wallets...always have a keen look on the URL before providing private key or username and password. There are a lot phishing site exit with almost similar URL which is used to get access to the hackers.
bitgreat

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:14:44 PM

i alredy lost my 3000usd from my poloniex account few days ago.
My account was 2fa enabled .so yes its very much possible for hackers to hack your accounts and take all of your money so always be safe.and do the required security measures.
1.alsways choose wallets that have the topclass security fetchers like blockchain.info coinbase.
2.Always use different password for different wallet.
3.never save all of your bitcoins in one wallet.
beatleap

Activity: 99
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:17:56 PM

Will hosting your Bitcoin wallet in a virtual machine be more safe or can it still be infected if the host in infected?
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:22:27 PM

Yes, Bitcoin wallet can be hacked. That's why you should consider using a software or hardware wallet instead of web one. Private keys are the proof that you are the owner of you bitcoins which I technically stored on every computer which use Bitcoin Core for example. Web wallet stores them for you so basically they are in charge of your money. It means that if someone gets into your account you will lose your money. This is why it is important to buy a hardware wallet (if you have a lot of money in crypto) or just use software wallet and encrypt your private keys. It will be a way better solution.
Lol just using web wallet want back you vulnerable to hacks. You sir, need to learn more about keeping your wallet safe. Just using desktop wallet
 and having access to your private keys won't keep your coins safe. You should make sure your computer is clean and always backup your wallet. And the safest ways are storing offline and using hardware wallets.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
rainbow169

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 09:29:25 PM

When a bitcoin wallet is hacked it could be a platform issue e.g. a zero day bug etc, however most of time the weakest link is not the system but people, phishing attempt, maleware, store passwords in emails etc. To be safe, just ensure you put the thing in a hardware wallet and have a passcode to protect the seeds too.
cryptomato

Activity: 180

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:08:43 PM

I am afraid yes it can be hacked. some of my friends wallets has been hacked and it is really scary to lose your money like that.
satish37

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:36:43 PM

The designing flaws in SS7 can help to be hacked , otherwise there are negligible chances of hack in bitcoin wallet, the bitcoin wallet in itself is very secure.
Geemy

Activity: 350
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:39:01 PM

yes it can be hacked , so be careful from press in any link you didn't know it .
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:40:29 PM

I think the only thing that can you wallet be hack is when you are not too smart on wha tyou are doing and sharing your account to other and believing to different websites etc.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
fredo123

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 26, 2017, 10:51:53 PM

I guess it will be hacked, Hackers are equipped with doing find ways to do things possible, because that is their specialty, If you are doubt with your wallet you may find ways to increase security feature to your account to prevent from hacking.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: