Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:46:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 158 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Any word on amd vega hash rates?  (Read 202647 times)
l1xx

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:25:48 AM

The SSD is 128 only, so there's not enough space for 96 virtual I think.  Maybe I can swap it with the 256 in my desktop pc over the weekend. But thats interesting idea. Any others Smiley ?

cryptoinvestor_x

Activity: 71
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:29:02 AM

The madness continues ...

HWInfo broke my system, had to reinstall the drivers and to apply mods again.
How are we supposed to do any monitoring with these s*** drivers? Any click anywhere outside the console breaks things, random timed out session of Team Viewer breaks things. This is very very f** up.
I really want to see how the hot card is working, but can't really do that with XMR STAK, as everything breaks too easy.

Anyway, I've seen ppl having issues with HBCC. I seem to have one too. Two of the cards are hashing at ~700 & 650. They had HBCC enabled before, now after the driver reinstall I can't even enable the thing.
But even enabled, I still had these 650-700 H/s on these threads, so I don't think it was actually working.
Rest seems to be OK (right now all of that is at 1800/1600). The change from 1600/1600 was a cosmetic +50-100 H/s total, so I see no point in pushing it more.

Can anyone help me solving that issue?
I have 8GB Ram, 64GB Virtual Memory, 6x RX VEGA 64 (Air).
Is 16 GB RAM going to solve this? My HBCC Slider says ~ 11666 MB. Is that the same number for you guys?
https://prnt.sc/gqyzlr

I managed to only get 4 cards with HBCC actually working. They sliders show up for the other 2 cards but changing any settings has no effect on the slider and the hashrate reflects HBCC is not working. I even added other AMD cards like an R9 290 and RX 570 later on and it dropped it to only 3 cards with HBCC working
l1xx

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:30:57 AM

How are we supposed to do any monitoring with these s*** drivers? Any click anywhere outside the console breaks things, random timed out session of Team Viewer breaks things. This is very very f** up.
I really want to see how the hot card is working, but can't really do that with XMR STAK, as everything breaks too easy.

Anyway, I've seen ppl having issues with HBCC. I seem to have one too. Two of the cards are hashing at ~700 & 650. They had HBCC enabled before, now after the driver reinstall I can't even enable the thing.
But even enabled, I still had these 650-700 H/s on these threads, so I don't think it was actually working.
Rest seems to be OK (right now all of that is at 1800/1600). The change from 1600/1600 was a cosmetic +50-100 H/s total, so I see no point in pushing it more.

Is 16 GB RAM going to solve this? My HBCC Slider says ~ 11666 MB. Is that the same number for you guys?

I managed to only get 4 cards with HBCC actually working. They sliders show up for the other 2 cards but changing any settings has no effect on the slider and the hashrate reflects HBCC is not working. I even added other AMD cards like an R9 290 and RX 570 later on and it dropped it to only 3 cards with HBCC working
uh oh.
Whats your virtual memory and ram situation?
cryptoinvestor_x

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:41:12 AM

uh oh.
Whats your virtual memory and ram situation?

55GB Virtual Mem because I'm restricted on the SSD for room and 16GB of physical DDR3 RAM
miner1337

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:21:23 AM

Same with 4 cards only working with HBCC.  The other 2 do not listen to their HBCC settings.  See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2201970 for as much details as I can provide.

The worst is that 2 cards also ignore Soft Power Table settings in the registry.  Also a major clue I am sure as to why this is happening.

FYI it seems you need 8GB Virtual Mem per card.  My rig only has 8GB of RAM but I tried with 16 and 32 and it did not change anything regarding the HBCC issue on more than 4 GPU.

A major clue recently was that plugging in a dummy hdmi connector to one of the problematic cards while running xmr-stak-amd miner caused the hash rate to spike up for ~10s before it dropped back down.

I have yet to do a clean install of Windows as I would like to confirm why this is happening first so I can save others the trouble.  If I clean install Windows and it works then I lost my chance to debug it.

With that said I plan a methodical re-install of Windows to hopefully fix it.

brnsted

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 06:41:33 AM

Guess we need some tool (utility) for reg-modding or this thread will be flooded with regfiles ))

And yes - putting random clock-values to P2-P5 states is not a good idea ))

Sir, you are absolutely correct.
I have actually created a simple xls to make it more comfy for myself.

Added bits & pieces to make it safe for usage.
Maybe you'll get a dedicated program sometime soon Cheesy

Not sure if it works in OpenOffice, will have a check on this tomorrow.

https://mega.nz/#!EKgHDI6S!b4OjeKGATtb6ct19e2MBwPRDpd2TLXCfzqqKdmXnfpU

Please follow the steps as per below:

Attention:  Please read existing guidelines very carefully how to adequately setup Vega64 BIOS.
I don't take any responsibility in hardware fault or system damage(!).

Credits for SoftPowerPlayTable go to hellm on Overclock.net for documenting everything.
Thanks to rednoW for highlighting this stuff to me

Very simple steps to be performed:
1. Enter graphics card you want to adjust
2. Enter desired voltage in mV  per  P State
3. Enter desired Clocks per State
4. Enter MEM Clock Rate
5. Hit "Generate reg file"
6. Run .reg file
7. Reboot
8. Go to Wattman, reset settings
9. (Some say to put voltage to manual control - for me it works without)
10. ...Mine & Profit Smiley

It seems that it needs a password to alter any values???

Actually not.
I just made sure that none of the hex table can be altered manually to avoid misconfiguration.

Check column AC.
Lines 7-14: Core voltage for all states
Lines 16-23: GPU Clock for all states
Line 25: MEM Clock

These can freely configured. Allowed values range from 500-2000.
Enter your desired values, run reg creation and save file if you want to

l1xx

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 07:44:15 AM

Same with 4 cards only working with HBCC.  The other 2 do not listen to their HBCC settings.  See https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2201970 for as much details as I can provide.

The worst is that 2 cards also ignore Soft Power Table settings in the registry.  Also a major clue I am sure as to why this is happening.

FYI it seems you need 8GB Virtual Mem per card.  My rig only has 8GB of RAM but I tried with 16 and 32 and it did not change anything regarding the HBCC issue on more than 4 GPU.

A major clue recently was that plugging in a dummy hdmi connector to one of the problematic cards while running xmr-stak-amd miner caused the hash rate to spike up for ~10s before it dropped back down.

I have yet to do a clean install of Windows as I would like to confirm why this is happening first so I can save others the trouble.  If I clean install Windows and it works then I lost my chance to debug it.

How much MB do you see next to the HBCC slider with your setup? Try changing to more VRam than 64 if u have larger SSD.
I notice, that when I enable the HBCC, the system thinks for a second before closing the AMD Settings, and their fans change speed for a second, so it actually hear that this is being applied. On the other two , the settings just insta close.
Rod1970

Activity: 4

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 08:56:59 AM

Hi all, newbie in town ! Wonderfull thread btw.. Smiley

Just build custom EK loop :

threadripper 1920 (with ek tr4 block)
4 x vega 56 (4 x ek nickel block)
samsung pro evo 512 m2 ssd (3200r / 1800w)
gskill 4x8gb 3200 cl 14-14-14-34
Corsair  1200i PSU
480 monsta rad
EK revo d5 xtop dual pump

POIDH : http://i68.tinypic.com/w7oaar.jpg

Max temp is @max 48 degree @ full load... (1000 watts) (normally around 45 water temp / 22 ambient )

Threadripper working with stak cpu at ~950 hashes
Did get the vega's once hashing at ~ 800+800 per card but messed up settings i guess (too many crashes)
now doing only ~200+200 per card ;(

Q.
I have for each card a HBBC slider ranging from about 11000 to 24000.
The HBBC is per card right ?
So 4 cards is minimal 1100 x 4 = 44 GB of ram ?

Q.
One card has monitor attached , it Always seems to be unstable (need lower settings or whatever) , same on my r9 rig i had.
Does disabeling Aero etc. help ?

btw, i see people with loops and ek blocks showing temp diff > 10 degree between hbm and core...
mine is only 1 degree off between the two !
FYI : I did use the Original four legged springy rhingy clamp from the air cooler (just use two plastic washers to keep them higher off the pcb so they dont touch the board. Improved pressure and core contact with waterblock

Q.
GPU z says 4 gb vram in use ?!? (with two thread setting 1012+1012) ?
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:49:19 AM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 10:14:42 AM by rednoW

Rod1970

1. Set you Virtual memory size to 64gb
2. Use blockchain 23Aug drivers
3. Move HBCC slider to some new position or just switch it off / on depending on your current setting. Hit apply
4. Set your HBM2 mem speed to 1100
5. Run xmr-stak-amd with 2 threads and intensities 2016 and 1800. Maybe decrease intensity for monitor attached card.
6. (optional) Apply reg patch if you want to lower power consumption. For monitor attached card you will need much higher voltage.

P.S. Don't use GPU-Z. For monitoring use latest HWINFO64 with GPU I2C support disabled in settings
l1xx

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 10:56:51 AM

rednow - HWInfo 64 broke my whole system with miner not working. I could not even go to the settings to disable that GPU I2C, when I ran it - one of the cards fan started spinning wild, the system crashed and did not want to start windows normally anymore.

So ... be careful with it Wink

Is there anyone who actually has 6x Vega 64 running with proper settings and proper speed?
rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:04:48 AM

rednow - HWInfo 64 broke my whole system with miner not working. I could not even go to the settings to disable that GPU I2C, when I ran it - one of the cards fan started spinning wild, the system crashed and did not want to start windows normally anymore.

So ... be careful with it Wink

Is there anyone who actually has 6x Vega 64 running with proper settings and proper speed?

I had this issue with fans to the max. You need just turn off GPU I2C - on the first small startup window click setting and disable it. It is on the 3 tab afaik.

If you've already catch this wildfan bug just power off the system totally (not just reboot) and start it again ))
l1xx

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:27:17 PM

well, I had to hard shut down, after start it was just not working anymore. I had to reinstall drivers to make it work again. Updated to the new version 5.58 I think, you think now its safe to try again?
What exactly are you starting also, there are some ticks for the sensors. This sh.. is so messed up, that I am already scared to touch anything outside the console.

Hellae

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 12:46:35 PM

Guess we need some tool (utility) for reg-modding or this thread will be flooded with regfiles ))

And yes - putting random clock-values to P2-P5 states is not a good idea ))

Sir, you are absolutely correct.
I have actually created a simple xls to make it more comfy for myself.

Added bits & pieces to make it safe for usage.
Maybe you'll get a dedicated program sometime soon Cheesy

Not sure if it works in OpenOffice, will have a check on this tomorrow.

https://mega.nz/#!EKgHDI6S!b4OjeKGATtb6ct19e2MBwPRDpd2TLXCfzqqKdmXnfpU

Please follow the steps as per below:

Attention:  Please read existing guidelines very carefully how to adequately setup Vega64 BIOS.
I don't take any responsibility in hardware fault or system damage(!).

Credits for SoftPowerPlayTable go to hellm on Overclock.net for documenting everything.
Thanks to rednoW for highlighting this stuff to me

Very simple steps to be performed:
1. Enter graphics card you want to adjust
2. Enter desired voltage in mV  per  P State
3. Enter desired Clocks per State
4. Enter MEM Clock Rate
5. Hit "Generate reg file"
6. Run .reg file
7. Reboot
8. Go to Wattman, reset settings
9. (Some say to put voltage to manual control - for me it works without)
10. ...Mine & Profit Smiley

It seems that it needs a password to alter any values???

Actually not.
I just made sure that none of the hex table can be altered manually to avoid misconfiguration.

Check column AC.
Lines 7-14: Core voltage for all states
Lines 16-23: GPU Clock for all states
Line 25: MEM Clock

These can freely configured. Allowed values range from 500-2000.
Enter your desired values, run reg creation and save file if you want to

It's not possible to set the memory voltage, and neither additional tweaks can be tried.
Also, one can't adapt the table to a Vega 56 editor.
B{_}rg1

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 01:27:22 PM

Has someone succesfully tried to get 2x vegas 56, 2x vegas 64 working together with 2x rx570 + 2x rx580 on the same rig for mining XMR?

I am able to use the xmr-stak-amd miner and recognize all 8 GPUs. But when I try to use Hellms tweak of double threading the vegas (page 26), the Hash doesnt go up and Im stuck at ~ 750 H/s fo revery card, regardless of vega or rx580/570 and also without any effect on the intensities i put (2016/1600, 1000 or any combination).

I have blockchain drivers and win 10.

Thank you guys!
Shnikes101

Activity: 254
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:12:04 PM

It's not possible to set the memory voltage, and neither additional tweaks can be tried.
Also, one can't adapt the table to a Vega 56 editor.

Still haven't switched over to xmr yet so I guess I will phrase this as a question. While I haven't played with blockchain drivers in a while I assume its the same as 17.9.x where setting mem volt either in wattman or softtable doesn't change mem voltages but does effectively set a floor for core voltage? This is either a bug in 17.9.x or just how wattman/the card is.

I've always moved mem volts in p3 to at/the same as my undervolt (0.9mv) on the core to ensure it sets effectively.
Hellae

Activity: 49

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:48:18 PM

Has someone succesfully tried to get 2x vegas 56, 2x vegas 64 working together with 2x rx570 + 2x rx580 on the same rig for mining XMR?

I am able to use the xmr-stak-amd miner and recognize all 8 GPUs. But when I try to use Hellms tweak of double threading the vegas (page 26), the Hash doesnt go up and Im stuck at ~ 750 H/s fo revery card, regardless of vega or rx580/570 and also without any effect on the intensities i put (2016/1600, 1000 or any combination).

Thank you guys!

Hellms Hellae's tweak ... FTFY Tongue Hellms tweak is the soft power tables on Regedit, a complete different thing.

About 2xV56 + 2xV64, I saw someone on reddit at /r/moneromining able to run them.

This is not an answer to your question, but more an advise to when you finally manage to have all cards working:
Do not run Vega's and 500s on the same stak instance. The variable difficulty of the pool will be increased by a lot with the Vega's and the 500s will strugle to submit valid, non expired shares.
B{_}rg1

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:19:47 PM

Thank you guys!

Hellms Hellae's tweak ... FTFY Tongue Hellms tweak is the soft power tables on Regedit, a complete different thing.

About 2xV56 + 2xV64, I saw someone on reddit at /r/moneromining able to run them.

This is not an answer to your question, but more an advise to when you finally manage to have all cards working:
Do not run Vega's and 500s on the same stak instance. The variable difficulty of the pool will be increased by a lot with the Vega's and the 500s will strugle to submit valid, non expired shares.

Thank you very much!
I will try to run two separate instances, one with vegas and the other with the 500's.
Only problem I anticipate is how to identify the numbers of the gpu's on xmr-stak and associate it to the corresponding card.

Is there any output file which one can generate to get some insight on how the numbering is decided?
Does it correlate to the registry numbers (0001, 0002,...) or more to the wattman order...things get crowded with multi gpu rigs!

miner1337

Activity: 36

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:02:39 PM

How much MB do you see next to the HBCC slider with your setup? Try changing to more VRam than 64 if u have larger SSD.
I notice, that when I enable the HBCC, the system thinks for a second before closing the AMD Settings, and their fans change speed for a second, so it actually hear that this is being applied. On the other two , the settings just insta close.

Exact same issue regarding how Wattman reacts.

4/6 cards when I modify the HBCC slider at all and hit apply cause the screen to flicker a bit, Wattman closes, you can hear the card "re init" as its fan spins up for a second then comes back to normal.

2/6 cards when I modify HBCC Wattman just closes.  Nothing else happens.

cryptoinvestor_x

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:10:30 PM

Verified once again that adding any AMD series R9 or RX card as the 5th disables HBCC so that 3/4 Vegas hash correctly. Changing PCI-E slots multiple times did not fix the issue making me think it's not due to PCI-E slot differences.

I'll try a test with Nvidia cards to see if it's an issue with the AMD cards populating and "taking up room" in Wattman thats causing the bug.
Django69

Activity: 74

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:54:44 PM

anyone have a trick to disable/enable hbcc quickly? i not have the slidder, system have only 4gb of memory
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 ... 158 »
  Print  

Jump to: