Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101101 times)
known-user

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 02:36:28 PM

just installed winminer, it works smooth, thumbs up for that.

are you going to add more algos/coins in the nearby future to make it more profitable? like neoscrypt, xevan, hsr, etc? (take a look at the list from zpool)
most of the times when mining on a multi algo pool i notice that those are the ones that deliver the most.

exactly

Thank you  Smiley

We sure will. We add more coins and algos all the time, with priority to those who can max profits for WinMiner users.

We welcome any feedback and algos/coins suggestions  Smiley

i would say the usual that other multi algo pools are offering could be a good start.
until the moment that winminer doesn't have them it's more profitable to mine elsewhere because of this.

for example the following algos:
- nist5
- blake2s
- tribus
- veltor
- exvan
- neoscrypt
- hmq1725
- x11evo
- x11gost
- keccak
- hsr
- timetravel
- phi

this list is not complete, but at least it gives some of the more profitable ones at this moment.
skyviper80

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:15:31 PM

Co-worker and I were discussing out WinMiner machines this afternoon and I noticed that neither of our machines are benchmarking or mining ETH although they indicate they are benchmarking/mining ETC. Is WinMiner mining Ethereum (ETH) or Ethereum Classic (ETC)?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:17:55 PM

Co-worker and I were discussing out WinMiner machines this afternoon and I noticed that neither of our machines are benchmarking or mining ETH although they indicate they are benchmarking/mining ETC. Is WinMiner mining Ethereum (ETH) or Ethereum Classic (ETC)?
WinMiner mines both ETH and ETC - its all a matter of which is the most profitable (taking into account the difficulty, price etc..) at any given moment... Smiley
mystere_miner

Activity: 121

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 07:40:24 PM

- x11gost

They are already doing x11gost, they're mining Sib.  However, Sib is so unstable.. it's currently one of the least profitable coins on whattomine.
skyviper80

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:34:35 PM

WinMiner mines both ETH and ETC - its all a matter of which is the most profitable (taking into account the difficulty, price etc..) at any given moment... Smiley

How do we differentiate which one it's mining? I don't see ETH in my benchmark results or in the Job decisions. I can only assume it's mining ETC and never ETH.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:49:20 AM

How do we differentiate which one it's mining? I don't see ETH in my benchmark results or in the Job decisions. I can only assume it's mining ETC and never ETH.
Here is how it works:
1. The coin being mined is shown in real time on the WinMiner Interface
2. Benchmark results - Here we show the results for the most profitable coin per algo - in the case you described you were seeing ETC there and not ETH because it was, at that specific time, more profitable to mine than ETH
Hope this clarifies  Smiley
risinqsun

Activity: 672
Merit: 273

-

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:08:41 AM

Awesome project but %3 fee very very high %3+%1 pool etc.. total %5 fee Sad

will you lower fee ? because really fee high
known-user

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:34:00 PM

Here is how it works:
2. Benchmark results - Here we show the results for the most profitable coin per algo - in the case you described you were seeing ETC there and not ETH because it was, at that specific time, more profitable to mine than ETH

i always see it mining etc (dual mining with dcr) , even though according to current difficulty , current profit / current prices eth is more profitable.
known-user

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:36:20 PM

on top of that i noticed a huge difference between actual price and the price they give you at the moment of withdrawal. yet another 3 to 3.5% on top, BESIDES from the transaction fee. i have compared the exchange price with bitstamp for an hour to see if it was a temporary thing, but it continued to be different. maybe they take the price from another exchange which is always 3 to 3.5% lower?
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 10:50:05 PM

This is an interesting project.

I'm not sure if it's a current option but personally I'd like to see LTC, ETC, XMR, and ZEC payout options.

Information on website and even here seems to be quite limited but I haven't read through the 20+ pages of posts either.

skyviper80

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 12:06:30 PM

Here is how it works:

i always see it mining etc (dual mining with dcr) , even though according to current difficulty , current profit / current prices eth is more profitable.

Same, reason I started digging into the logs and posted on the forums. You can't tell me that over the course of 2-3 months that ETH hasn't been more profitable to mine than ETC at least once. For my miners to not have a single benchmark for the algo or price decision seems a little off. Right now it's mining EXP+DCR with est of $8.59 daily earnings. I can go straight ETH mining with an estimated $13.40 daily earnings, not to mention the additional earning from mining a second algo, SIA, DCR etc.

I'll clear benchmark results and see if it picks up ETH and mines that instead but I doubt it since it hasn't yet.
known-user

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 01:09:00 PM

Here is how it works:

Same, reason I started digging into the logs and posted on the forums. You can't tell me that over the course of 2-3 months that ETH hasn't been more profitable to mine than ETC at least once. For my miners to not have a single benchmark for the algo or price decision seems a little off. Right now it's mining EXP+DCR with est of $8.59 daily earnings. I can go straight ETH mining with an estimated $13.40 daily earnings, not to mention the additional earning from mining a second algo, SIA, DCR etc.

I'll clear benchmark results and see if it picks up ETH and mines that instead but I doubt it since it hasn't yet.

actually eth is not that profitable anymore since the hard fork a couple of hours ago mining block reward went from 5 to 3 eth. so, at this moment it actually is more profitable to mine almost anything else over eth Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 04:23:19 PM

Thank you  Smiley

The fee is just 3%. No need to pay a pool fee (its included)

Our intention is to reduce the fee as the volume of WinMiner usage grows  Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 05:52:18 PM

Here is how it works:

actually eth is not that profitable anymore since the hard fork a couple of hours ago mining block reward went from 5 to 3 eth. so, at this moment it actually is more profitable to mine almost anything else over eth Smiley

Actually while the ETH reward went down,  its difficulty dropped sharply, at least for now, so there is a good chance you are now mining ETH  Smiley
skyviper80

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 06:32:24 PM

Here is how it works:

Actually while the ETH reward went down,  its difficulty dropped sharply, at least for now, so there is a good chance you are now mining ETH  Smiley

It still won't mine ETH without disabling all other Coins. However I did look at the miner it's using and noticed it's using a dcri value of 100 to mine ETH/DCR which mines approx $7.07 per day. I changed config to show command screen and adjusted dcri down to 30 and it's performing as I would expect it to, earning $9.46 per day. Hashing went from about 13-14 M/Hs per card to 25-26 M/hs per card. Is there a way to manually adjust the settings for specific algos yet? Cause the ones WinMiner is using are terrible.
known-user

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 10:11:51 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 11:04:28 AM by known-user

i'm currently mining for more than 15 minutes through winminer (eth/dcr) and i dont see the live stats being updated (it does say connected! in a green box, but further nothing), it stays empty. also the balance is not being updated.
i'm 100% sure that the miner is running. are there any issues on the statistics? and am i still getting rewarded for my mining efforts? i will stop it for now until this has been resolved.

update: restarted my computer, tried again, and now it's updating.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:03:20 PM

It still won't mine ETH without disabling all other Coins. However I did look at the miner it's using and noticed it's using a dcri value of 100 to mine ETH/DCR which mines approx $7.07 per day. I changed config to show command screen and adjusted dcri down to 30 and it's performing as I would expect it to, earning $9.46 per day. Hashing went from about 13-14 M/Hs per card to 25-26 M/hs per card. Is there a way to manually adjust the settings for specific algos yet? Cause the ones WinMiner is using are terrible.

A couple of comments -
(1) WinMiner auto chooses the best performing dcri settings for ETH + DCR from the following options - None, 30, 70, 100
(2) Manual adjustment using a command line - this is in development. stay tuned  Smiley
(3) If you want to send us your logs we will gladly take a look to see what the issue is.  
known-user

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:04:36 PM

i'm currently mining for more than 15 minutes through winminer (eth/dcr) and i dont see the live stats being updated (it does say connected! in a green box, but further nothing), it stays empty. also the balance is not being updated.
i'm 100% sure that the miner is running. are there any issues on the statistics? and am i still getting rewarded for my mining efforts? i will stop it for now until this has been resolved.

update: restarted my computer, tried again, and now it's updating.

ok, still seeing some weird things i think. i see the live tab working on the site now, but the statistics are not being updated (running the miner for 20 minutes now).
how long should it normally take before seeing any updates in the balance on the statistics page? running 7 1070s here.
skyviper80

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:22:48 PM

A couple of comments -
(1) WinMiner auto chooses the best performing dcri settings for ETH + DCR from the following options - None, 30, 70, 100
(2) Manual adjustment using a command line - this is in development. stay tuned  Smiley
(3) If you want to send us your logs we will gladly take a look to see what the issue is.  

Shortly after posting all of this my miner started to mine ETH+DCR constantly which it wouldn't do before.

Also, I uninstalled the previous drivers and finally installed the AMD blockchain drivers and the new MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 19. Must say I should have done it long time ago cause this thing is mining like a champ now.

Reset all benchmarks and let it run a new set of benchmarks and it's mining ETH+DCR @ 29.6M/Hs+889M/Hs per card. It all seems to be running well again.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:26:41 PM

A couple of comments -
Shortly after posting all of this my miner started to mine ETH+DCR constantly which it wouldn't do before.

Also, I uninstalled the previous drivers and finally installed the AMD blockchain drivers and the new MSI Afterburner 4.4.0 Beta 19. Must say I should have done it long time ago cause this thing is mining like a champ now.

Reset all benchmarks and let it run a new set of benchmarks and it's mining ETH+DCR @ 29.6M/Hs+889M/Hs per card. It all seems to be running well again.

Hallelujah!!  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: