Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:22:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ?  (Read 9182 times)
NoNetwork

Activity: 392
Merit: 292

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:55:05 PM

You shouldn't take any advice from the media, they mix up most of the truth to something which isn't real at all. About bitcoin as an asset yes it is also a asset but it doesn't end there with bitcoin you can gamble , transafer this asset to someone anonymously, trading with stocks knows as alts and many more. Ignore the media always google there are various trusted sites out there.
Probably the media spread out some gossips about Bitcoin and having the fact that it is taking its high rise in its price maybe they wanted to challenge those people who're in this industry. Well just to make more money for them ofcourse (that's pretty much how the media works).

But then again maybe they wanted the public to know what Bitcoin's potentials are. Like this, using Bitcoin as an asset. Maybe they've noticed a poor person is now a millionaire because of this.
Sir Paijoe

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:41:35 PM

I think bitcoin is the best investment for the future, so I agree we can make our wealth assets because of the drastic increase in the future day.

▄██▄  ██ ▄▄
        ▄███▄███  █ ▄▄▄ ▀▀ ▀ ▄
      ▄ █████▀▀▀██▀ ███ ▄▀▀▀▄ █
     ▄▄ ▀███▀ ██▄▄ ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄██▄
   ▄ ▀▀  ▄▄▄  ▄▄▀▀ ███ ▀▄ ▀ ▄▀ ████
  ██ ██ █▀▀▀█ ▀▀         ▀▀▀  ▄▄▀▀▄▄
  ▄▄▄▄  █▄▄▄█             ██  ▀▀ ████
 █ ▄▄ █  ▀▀▀              ▀ ██ ██ ▀▀
 █ ▀▀ █ ██▀                 ▀▀
  ▀▀▀▀
███ ▄▄ ▄██▄
▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀██▀                ▄███▄ ▄
 █▀▀█  ▄▄▄▄▄               █████  ▄▄
 █▄▄█ █▀ ▄ ▀█              ▀███▀ ████
  ▄▄▄ █  █  █ ▄▄  ▄  ▄ ▄██▄  ▄   ▀██▀
  ▀█▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀███ ███ ▀ ▀██▀ ▀▄▀ █▄
    ▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄ ▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄  ███▄█▀
    ▀▀ ▀▀ ▀ ▄▄ █▀ ▄ ▀█ ████ ███▀
        ██ ███ █  █  █  ▀▀ █
            ▀▀ ▀█▄▄▄█▀  ▀▀
CRYPTONITY

The Crypto Community Exchange
▐▐ █ █ █ █ ██ ██  Public Sale 1  Starts: Nov 1, 2018
A comprehensive “Cryptosystem”
Security & Insurance
A Community centric trading platform
|
Whitepaper   Telegram   ANN Thread
Twitter    |▌   Discord   ▐|    Facebook
Reddit  ●●⚫  Medium  ⚫●●  LinkedIn
Babyrica0226

Activity: 854
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 04:43:18 PM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
Yes I do agreed with it. Bitcoin is really called assets even if you buy altcoins here in this industry it is same as bitcoin to be called an assets too. Why? Because it produce source of income depending on how you're gonna use it to grow it more.
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 08:59:30 PM

I think bitcoin is the best investment for the future, so I agree we can make our wealth assets because of the drastic increase in the future day.
Definitely! Bitcoins are the rulers of digital currency and have high potential to lead crypto market. I agree with you in this regard that bitcoins possess amazing features that make it stand higher than other digital currencies. With advancement in technology, bitcoins will lead the world.
madwica

Activity: 714
Merit: 531

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:16:52 PM

I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
Yes I do agreed with it. Bitcoin is really called assets even if you buy altcoins here in this industry it is same as bitcoin to be called an assets too. Why? Because it produce source of income depending on how you're gonna use it to grow it more.
You can pnly called this as asset if you have a whole bitcoin investment. That amount was generating high profit as your investment but this is too risky asset it has a possibility to disappear without getting nothing and if you are too lucky it can helps you to get rich in one click.
carlerha

Activity: 588

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:15:15 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2017, 11:35:50 AM by carlerha

You can pnly called this as asset if you have a whole bitcoin investment. That amount was generating high profit as your investment but this is too risky asset it has a possibility to disappear without getting nothing and if you are too lucky it can helps you to get rich in one click.
to me i will consider it as as assets because bitcoin is more precious than gold. in my area although still a lot of people still do not know about bitcoin but i am sure that when they will be introduce to bitcoin properly then they will surely take interest in bitcoin and will even get benefit from it. in my area although i have already started introducing bitcoin but still very little people are taking interest in it.
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:28:03 PM

In contrary, considering bitcoin and other altcoins as assets is too risky due to unpredictable fluctuation of price. Maybe the good terms that right for bitcoin is investment not an assets.
marcbitcoins

Activity: 854
Merit: 108

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:17:56 AM

Anything valuable in my kept i called it an asset and bitcoins is one of them especially now the value is very very high i might could it property that can be sell anytime at the right price.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:49:57 AM

I don't think that bitcoin is just an asset because it is also a money for us because we can use it to pay the things that we buy or we use like in our place there is a mini restaurant that is already accepting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and that is an advantage for me because i can pay thru bitcoin and that is also a proof that bitcoin is not just an asset but also a money.
leyton11

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 04:56:30 AM

Anything valuable in my kept i called it an asset and bitcoins is one of them especially now the value is very very high i might could it property that can be sell anytime at the right price.

If you can saving your money and use this asset for payment, we also call this thing is an asset. Special, with the value of Bitcoin at now, why can't call it is a virtual asset?
HasHe

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 05:29:05 AM

Bitcoin was actually created as a currency by satoshi.People earlier used it as a currency either to send money at very low cost or to buy any products.But,now with growing price of bitcoin,it is now mostly bought by people as avaluable asset which could give huge returns in future.They mostly don't want to spend bitcoins for buying any thing which could be even bought with fiat money itself.So,we could say bitcoin both as a currency as well as an asset depending upon the user's opinion.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 06:53:45 AM

Those people do not know what they are talking about, I’m not impressed by credentials, if a person with all the credentials in the world says something stupid then I’m not going to accept his point of view just because he has a piece of paper saying he has knowledge in a particular filed.
Kevondo

Activity: 742

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:21:08 PM

I don't think that bitcoin is just an asset because it is also a money for us because we can use it to pay the things that we buy or we use like in our place there is a mini restaurant that is already accepting bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies and that is an advantage for me because i can pay thru bitcoin and that is also a proof that bitcoin is not just an asset but also a money.
bitcoin for me is a currency and it is a digital currency that we use for the online payment and it is also using for investment and as an asset and saving as well it is the reason a lot of people consider bitcoin as an asset because the price of the bitcoin is increasing very fast and saving bitcoin can make you earn more bitcoin so bitcoin is good to treat as an asset.
chesegrinder

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:28:12 PM

i am a bit agree that bitcoin is just an asset which dont have a physical form and dont have currency but it is a virtual currency having a characteristic of fiat money, the good about it its value is increasing unlike physical currency that have stable value.

TIDOVEE

Activity: 1246
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 02:31:16 PM

bitcoin is more than just an asset it is a currency and it is money, it has a character of been acceptable as a medium of exchange to need needs.
Superways

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:10:06 PM

If you can saving your money and use this asset for payment, we also call this thing is an asset. Special, with the value of Bitcoin at now, why can't call it is a virtual asset?
Asset and money are two different things. Asset can be converted into money and money is used to buy assets like gold, land or any other resource. Bitcoins is both as we can use bitcoins for direct payments and it can also be converted into fiat. However, bitcoin is used as an asset more than as currency.
wizmo

Activity: 658

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:11:54 PM
Last edit: November 15, 2017, 06:09:19 AM by wizmo

Bitcoin is not just an asset but more used as an asset some people are using it as currency and some are just holding it to get higher return. It is seen that people who hold their bitcoins for longer term are getting more return than the one who sold their coins ealier. I think bitcoins can't be used for day to day transactions because of transactions fees are very high but I think it will be solved in near future.
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:19:49 PM

bitcoin is not just an asset , it is a digital decentralised crypto currency with fluctuating value ,that is used world wide by many traders and big companies like microsoft and dell for transactions ,

bitcoin in my opinion is not an asset now , it was an asset when it started in 2009 but now the prices are so high that it cannot become an assets , people now use bitcoins to buy assets like other crptocurrencies like ethereum , in app purcases like skins and all , bonds , and many more places as an investment ,
if you think that by holding bitcoins you are keeping them as assets  you are right but keeping in wallets does not make it an asset .you would be same profitable as the others who have BTC.
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:23:02 PM

I perceive it as an asset, it's too volatile to be a currency imho. But it's a currency for some folks out there who use it to pay for goods and services. It's simply a matter of perspective

Despite all the debates on Currency vs Asset, I think that it can well be both
deddod

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 23, 2017, 01:25:51 AM

I think bitcoin is not a currency. But bitcoin is a tool that gives ease in transacting. Although not yet meet the needs of modern economy. But now more and more people are using bitcoin as a tool to transact.

▄█▄
   ██▀  ▄█▄
  ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
 ██▀  ▄█▀  ▄▀
▐█▌  ▄█▀  ▄▀
██   ██  
██   ██  
██   ██  
▐█▌  ▀█▄  ▀▄
 ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
  ██▄  ▀█▄  ▀▄
   ██▄  ▀█▀
    ▀█▀
████
▀▀▀▀
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▐████
▀▀     ▄▄▄▄▄▀██████████▐████
▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄█████▀ ▀▄▄▄     ▐████
▀▀     ▄▀███▄▄▄▄       ▐████
▄▄   ▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀██████████████▐████
▄▄   ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▐████

▀▄▄▀▀▀  ██████           ▐████
██████▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▐████

▄▄  ████▀▄██████████▐████
▀▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████████████▐████
BIDIUM       ▄█▄
   ▄█▄
  ▀██

▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
  ▀▄  ▀█▄  ▐█▌
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
   █   ██   ██
  ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▐█▌
 ▄▀  ▄█▀  ▄██
▄▀
  ▄█▀  ▄██
   ▀█▀
  ▄██
       ▀█▀

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: