Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:33:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] xxxxx  (Read 175929 times)
rainbow169

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:51:52 PM

Why is there no white paper and details about the team? Privacy? Huh

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wcxofficial (OP)

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:33:51 AM

1. Says US investors can not participate in the sale probably because of regulations, however do US citizens still get to keep WCXT for their referrals, bounties, and signup bonuses?

2. Once WCTX is traded on the exchange can US investors buy it then?

1. You can keep your WCXT.

2. This is still under discussion.

Hi everybody.
May somebody explain me what is the bonus for testers of "WCX Beta Program"?

These will be revealed along with which people were selected a few days before the exchange Beta launches (Sep 1).

1. There is a way to purchase WCXT tokens anonymously. Will there be a way to transfer those tokens to my other anonymous ethereum wallet anonymously after ICO?

2. Will WCX allow exchanging fiat <-> crypto or is it only btc <-> altcoin?

3. Will rewards from referrals be diluted in future? I read some replies, seems like users got diluted even for already-invited users. It seems some time ago it was 200/referred user, but then after you made it 100 or 50, everyone got diluted to the new amount per referral

1. You can purchase WCXT with cryptocurrency. WCXT are transferable just like any other ERC20 token once they are issued.

2. WCX is digital currency only. Fiat integration is planned for 2018.

3. No dilution. Amount per referral is conserved.

Why is there no white paper and details about the team? Privacy? Huh

Our whitepaper is available here: https://wcex.co/whitepaper.

PlayerVN

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:24:06 AM

Does WCX have inflation?
Macht

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:32:13 AM

Has anyone participated in the pre-sale? Do they say who they are? Who in their right mind would give them any money without knowing anything? Maybe it is all a scam and that's what they're after? Rich ppl who are greedy? What do you guys think?
polkacoin

Activity: 56

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:37:28 AM

Has anyone participated in the pre-sale? Do they say who they are? Who in their right mind would give them any money without knowing anything? Maybe it is all a scam and that's what they're after? Rich ppl who are greedy? What do you guys think?

Revealing private key holding team members will only make the exchange less secure. This has been explained a million times in the replies in this thread. If you don't want to invest in the pre-sale you can simply wait till the exchange launches before the ICO then decide.

As far as legitimacy, and as far as I've been dealing with the WCX team and pretty much everyone on this thread, they have delivered on all their promises so far. They are following their business timeline and the dates have been announced for beta, ICO, launch etc. so it's fair I think to let them do it.

I think the thinking behind the Presale is you take on a little more risk and get large bonuses. By the time the exchange launches all the information will be public and I *personally* believe buying WCXT will be a no-brainer.
Macht

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:59:21 AM

Revealing private key holding team members will only make the exchange less secure. This has been explained a million times in the replies in this thread. If you don't want to invest in the pre-sale you can simply wait till the exchange launches before the ICO then decide.

That's what they say? They are concerned that they are unable to secure the funds of their company? What are they noobs or what? How did all the other ICOs do it?
polkacoin

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:26:01 AM

That's what they say? They are concerned that they are unable to secure the funds of their company? What are they noobs or what? How did all the other ICOs do it?

The other ICOs aren't exchanges, they don't have customer funds to secure...

Please read through the thread it looks like you're new here.
Joking313

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:29:28 AM

How dense are you people? I mean really i don't want to be an asshole but it is like you people put 0 brain power into thinking these things though.  Most ICOs have no problem revealing their team because the crypto they hold is theirs, if they lose it it is their own fault.  On exchanges they hold not only their own but all of their clients too, which means that not only do they have vastly more crypto but it is not their own, and losing customer funds would result in a lot of mistrust for the exchange and loss of clients.
polkacoin

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:22:07 AM

How dense are you people? I mean really i don't want to be an asshole but it is like you people put 0 brain power into thinking these things though.  Most ICOs have no problem revealing their team because the crypto they hold is theirs, if they lose it it is their own fault.  On exchanges they hold not only their own but all of their clients too, which means that not only do they have vastly more crypto but it is not their own, and losing customer funds would result in a lot of mistrust for the exchange and loss of clients.

Well-said, hopefully newbies will start to understand... As a person who lives and breathes security, I know private key holder identity is a very big deal for an exchange. Deciding whether or not to reveal them should be taken very seriously (I opt to keep them non-public and instead generate trust through the product / customer service).
Macht

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:42:22 AM

What is this supposed to mean, some kind of insult? I see you are already identifying yourself with these people, feeling threatened whenever someone asks serious questions. Same goes for you, polka. I've read everything as you suggested, and they explain NOTHING.

So for everybody else who thinks about pre-ordering. There is no need to keep the team a secret just to secure the private keys. If you are doing serious business, you will find better ways to keep them secure than not saying ANYTHING about your team.
It's a stupid argument and smells fishy. And to argue "this is crypto" and the keys could easily be stolen is just stupid. BECAUSE this is crypto, a single person doesn't matter at all for the funds. If they are serious about security, they will do multisig anyways.

The whitepaper is a joke, it has nothing to do with what most crypto projects consider a whitepaper. It's just marketing speak, more like a flyer, not even a small business plan. They won't tell you anything, not even the name of the company.
There is NO ESCROW whatsoever, which means if they run with the money, it's gone. And you won't be able to complain to anyone other than some anonymous nicknames on this forum.

The bitcointalk forum used to be very sceptical, but it seems as soon as someone opens their digital purse, the greed takes over and people stop questioning the most basic things. Just don't invest anything in the presale.

polkacoin

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:51:06 AM

What is this supposed to mean, some kind of insult? I see you are already identifying yourself with these people, feeling threatened whenever someone asks serious questions. Same goes for you, polka. I've read everything as you suggested, and they explain NOTHING.

So for everybody else who thinks about pre-ordering. There is no need to keep the team a secret just to secure the private keys. If you are doing serious business, you will find better ways to keep them secure than not saying ANYTHING about your team.
It's a stupid argument and smells fishy. And to argue "this is crypto" and the keys could easily be stolen is just stupid. BECAUSE this is crypto, a single person doesn't matter at all for the funds. If they are serious about security, they will do multisig anyways.

The whitepaper is a joke, it has nothing to do with what most crypto projects consider a whitepaper. It's just marketing speak, more like a flyer, not even a small business plan. They won't tell you anything, not even the name of the company.
There is NO ESCROW whatsoever, which means if they run with the money, it's gone. And you won't be able to complain to anyone other than some anonymous nicknames on this forum.

The bitcointalk forum used to be very sceptical, but it seems as soon as someone opens their digital purse, the greed takes over and people stop questioning the most basic things. Just don't invest anything in the presale.

Look at this dumbass coming to lecture me about security. It's not about 1 person fool even if they are the entire team, if they get to 1 person they can get to the rest. Plus multisig has almost zero provable advantage over hot / cold structure, just ask bitfinex who got hacked for $200MM they were using multisig.

There is no reason to reveal team member identities. It only serves to put customer funds at risk. It doesn't even increase trust or security. Look at bitfinex their team is "supposedly" known identities, they got hacked like dogs for hundreds of $MM. It's just foolish from security perspective to reveal the private holder identity.

On the flip side Poloniex has unknown owners and they been running without a single hack for years... Also may I say they are the largest exchange by volume...
wcxofficial (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:44:53 AM

Update: WCX Slack channel has been put on hold and will be relaunched with the Private Alpha on Sep 1.
saggammahesh

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:51:09 AM

if someone clicks on my referral link and if they change language and then signup will the referral count to me?
I think there is an issue in this case.
wcxofficial (OP)

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 04:57:37 AM

if someone clicks on my referral link and if they change language and then signup will the referral count to me?
I think there is an issue in this case.

Yep it will still count. Your referral will count up to 30 days after you refer them (the referral code is saved in browser cookie).
DogeMajestic

Activity: 139
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:28:50 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 05:46:03 AM by DogeMajestic

Warning

WCX most likely SCAM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2096202.0

Don't accept the scams
polkacoin

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:53:06 AM

DogeMajestic is a confirmed troll who has not read through the thread...
DogeMajestic

Activity: 139
Merit: 107

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:56:44 AM

DogeMajestic is a confirmed troll who has not read through the thread...
Or someone who is looking through you.
Investigation has begun.

Don't accept the scams
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:58:27 AM

Look at this dumbass coming to lecture me about security. It's not about 1 person fool even if they are the entire team, if they get to 1 person they can get to the rest. Plus multisig has almost zero provable advantage over hot / cold structure, just ask bitfinex who got hacked for $200MM they were using multisig.

There is no reason to reveal team member identities. It only serves to put customer funds at risk. It doesn't even increase trust or security. Look at bitfinex their team is "supposedly" known identities, they got hacked like dogs for hundreds of $MM. It's just foolish from security perspective to reveal the private holder identity.

On the flip side Poloniex has unknown owners and they been running without a single hack for years... Also may I say they are the largest exchange by volume...

You answered with wrong account, Macht was talking to Joking313. LOL, you just admitted using multiple accounts.

And BTW Poloniex is the worst example, it's mainly because of them we need new, transparent exchanges. Plus they never had the biggest volume, not even close. And there are a few new exchanges doing ICOs, none of them hide the team names (Mothership, Hcash).
polkacoin

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 06:05:42 AM

You answered with wrong account, Macht was talking to Joking313. LOL, you just admitted using multiple accounts.

And BTW Poloniex is the worst example, it's mainly because of them we need new, transparent exchanges. Plus they never had the biggest volume, not even close. And there are a few new exchanges doing ICOs, none of them hide the team names (Mothership, Hcash).

The guy mentioned me... I know Polo sucks thats why I have hope for WCX. It's a good business case too. Mothership are very small, they raise like $5M. WCX already has like $10MM in presales. It's a different scale. Plus the fact that they're doing it doesn't make it right. I think they're completely nuts to reveal private key holders if they're running a centralized exchange. I've already explained my reasoning it makes zero sense from security perspective. Why put customer funds and directors at risk? what benefit? bitfinex directors are known and customers lost funds. same with mt gox .

If you dont trust thats your right and individual problem, but then you wait for exchange launch and by the quality you can tell immediately how pro or amateur the team is...
thaytch

Activity: 14

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 07:38:37 AM

The token sale isn't accessible to U.S investors because your token is a security. Will you comply with other countries securities regulations or just avoid them as well?

How come WCX haven't answered my question?

You guys need to wake up. WCX sell a token that will share future profits with its holders. This means that they are selling UNREGISTERED securities to you people. That's the reason why they are so secretive about their operations as well because this is a fraud. They are not allowed to sell such securities to unaccredited investors, yet they are happily taking your money.

They are trying to circumvent this by excluding U.S investors yet they fail to realise that other countries have strict security laws too.

Wake up people... This is nothing more than a quick money grab.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: