Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:46:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
rossen

Activity: 567
Merit: 500

In gold I trust - Aurumcoin www.cointech.net

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 09:22:02 AM

Hi,

If somebody looking for bootstrap.dat, there is one now: https://seednode.ddns.net/~bcc/ compressed with LZMA. Uncompressed size about 130GB. Uptodate: 03.01.2018.

Best Regards,
Rossen

bcc/bch: 1A6PHT5qnTPLGY5LSgaA9AbsRJqDBS6jqG

If you want a mining pool, addnode or blockexplorer - PM me https://cointech.net/block-explorers. Free BTC every 10 minutes https://satoshinow.com/?ref=163215
http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=%23aurumcoin&uio=d4
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:05:01 AM

^ how many from this list forked before segwit was put in?

Just Cash and Clashic if you wanna call that a fork since its just the old EDA chain which is currently the longest chain and yes it has overtook the BCH chain

I don't know if all took place though I know a some have and I can view by balance on their block explorers
so 15 of your forked coins cannot claim to be REAL bitcoin..ever...they are all scams, imo inc btg & claschic

now the remaining 3, BCH, btg and clashic.
Out of the 3 segwit free coins, which one had no premine,never changed the orginal algo and was distributed fairly to all old btc holders?

So the one that you started off shouting is the real bitcoin is now a scam even though it is unchanged in anyway and you you are now claiming a forked coin of this is the real bitcoin

What changed with clashic to cause it to not be the real bitcoin anymore and a scam may I ask because it is 100% what bitcoin cash was the day it forked

Clashic fits everything in your checklist as to being the real bitcoin

1. Exactly the same as bitcoin cash the day it was born (bitcoin Cash changed the rules clashic is preserving the original vision of jihan & friends)
2. It's the longest chain

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:18:15 AM

Just Cash and Clashic if you wanna call that a fork since its just the old EDA chain which is currently the longest chain and yes it has overtook the BCH chain

I don't know if all took place though I know a some have and I can view by balance on their block explorers
so 15 of your forked coins cannot claim to be REAL bitcoin..ever...they are all scams, imo inc btg & claschic

Out of the 3 segwit free coins, which one had no premine,never changed the orginal algo and was distributed fairly to all old btc holders?

So the one that you started off shouting is the real bitcoin is now a scam even though it is unchanged in anyway and you you are now claiming a forked coin of this is the real bitcoin

What changed with clashic to cause it to not be the real bitcoin anymore and a scam may I ask because it is 100% what bitcoin cash was the day it forked

1. Exactly the same as bitcoin cash the day it was born (bitcoin Cash changed the rules clashic is preserving the original vision of jihan & friends)

clutching straws m8...however if you want to consider clahsic as real btc then thats fine by me...its a scam as its not listed or followed by anyone..except a few blockstreamers trying to cause problems as usual.

admit it, your down to Bitcoin cash and you know it  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 11:34:53 AM

clutching straws m8...however if you want to consider clahsic as real btc then thats fine by me...its a scam as its not listed or followed by anyone..except a few blockstreamers trying to cause problems as usual.

admit it, your down to Bitcoin cash and you know it  Smiley

I am not down for Bitcoin cash it is a straight up money grab from big whales wanting to double up nothing more

There is no long term future the miners need fees to survive and Cash is going out of there way to make it cheap to use now they are compensated in block rewards but what happens in like 10 years when the block reward becomes closer to 1.5BCH and fees start to become much more relevant to keep security and if the rumor is true that BCH is going to HF again to reduce fees from 1sat/1b to 1 sat/10b then miner rewards get even lower there will just be no incentive to carry on mining with the same security level making the network much weaker overall in this scenario there are only a few of things that will help

1. There is a HUGE increase in on chain transactions you will need probably 1 million transactions per block to keep the security level
2. You gain HUGE in value way above BTC like 10x its value
3. You HF again increasing the 21m coin cap to create more miner subsidies inflating the coin supply and going against everything bitcoin ever stood for

vitamilk

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 11:35:11 AM

I think it is good idea.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 02:28:16 PM

admit it, your down to Bitcoin cash and you know it  Smiley

I am not down for Bitcoin cash it is a straight up money grab from big whales wanting to double up nothing more

There is no long term future the miners need fees to survive and Cash is going out of there way to make it cheap to use now they are compensated in block rewards but what happens in like 10 years when the block reward becomes closer to 1.5BCH and fees start to become much more relevant to keep security and if the rumor is true that BCH is going to HF again to reduce fees from 1sat/1b to 1 sat/10b then miner rewards get even lower there will just be no incentive to carry on mining with the same security level making the network much weaker overall in this scenario there are only a few of things that will help

1. There is a HUGE increase in on chain transactions you will need probably 1 million transactions per block to keep the security level
3. You HF again increasing the 21m coin cap to create more miner subsidies inflating the coin supply and going against everything bitcoin ever stood for

not this problem that doesnt exist again, at least 10yrs upto 140yrs...and your solution is to make users pay mega high fees and wait extremly long times for transactions today!..(or set up a tab)
also if core cared so much about the miners they wouldnt have taken the piss out tof them by lying about segwit2x and more....so please spare us the "we care about the miners future crap"

trust me users are not going to set up ln or other complex unproven tech, esp when there are far better, easier choices like BCH that they can use today.
You should be grateful Bitcoin cash forked a day before segwit was put in permanently to infect the btc chain.
I see it as a rescue operation , not a cash grab...
segwit is a cash grab, an attempt to control all of crypto through a company...this is wrong.

tek..who are you?, your motives are becoming clearer ever time you post, ...you are part of blockstream somehow arent you.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 02:57:01 PM

admit it, your down to Bitcoin cash and you know it  Smiley

not this problem that doesnt exist again, at least 10yrs upto 140yrs...and your solution is to make users pay mega high fees and wait extremly long times for transactions..(or set up a tab)
also if core cared so much about the miners they wouldnt have taken the piss out tof them by lying about segwit2x and more....so please spare us the "we care about the miners future crap"

trust me users are not going to set up ln or other complex unproven tech, esp when there are far better, easier choices like BCH that they can use today.
You should be grateful Bitcoin cash forked a day before segwit was put in permanently to infect the btc chain.
I see it as a rescue operation , not a cash grab...
segwit is a cash grab, an attempt to control all of crypto through a company...this is wrong.

tek..who are you?, your motives are becoming clearer ever time you post, ...you are part of blockstream somehow arent you.

What's segwit2x got to do with core ? they never supported it segwit2x was an attempt by businesses to acquire control of bitcoin

How is segwit a cash grab nobody earns from it you actually save money by making transaction sizes smaller thus paying lower fees and yes it has further advantages such as easy 2nd layer scaling and schnorr signatures etc that will give much greater capacity than segwit alone so instead of requiring a signature for every input you just have a single signature for all inputs saving about 40%

With Segwit and schnorr signatures BTC will be able to store in the current block limit roughly the same amount of transactions that BCH can in a full 8MB block it's about efficiency.

Would you have preferred microsoft to take the easy way out and just make you use your computer with 128GB or ram and a minimum of a 3TB HDD or like they did and made windows more efficient so it can run on 4GB RAM and a 60GB HDD.

Just increasing the blocksize is like taking a car with a 1L engine that can do 100MPH  and replacing it with a 6L and expecting it to do 600MPH.

It's ok saying huge blocks are easy HDDs are cheap you can buy a 6TB HDD that but that 6TB mechanical HDD wont work reliable enough you will need 6TB worth of solid state disk to cope with the throughput and it's not just a matter of downloading the blocks to verify the nodes also need to share this data with other nodes

Imagine a miner has just solved a 1GB block this 1GB block now needs to be sent to another node if there are 200 nodes then the miner either has to simultaneously upload 1GB to 200 nodes (200GB) fast before the next block is found or just a small sample say 20 nodes (20GB) then them 20 have to verify the 1GB and then pass it on say each one does 10 nodes thats 10GB and this needs doing preferably under 1 minute.

While this huge block is being propagated the miner that found the block is already busy solving the next before the others have even got the block nevermind verified it this puts everyone else at a huge disadvantage especially if it takes a few minutes this puts every other miner at a huge disadvantage

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 03:03:49 PM

It is absolutely hilarious , you mention the miners needing fees to survive.

How the hell , do you you expect the Onchain Miners to make a profit when segshit wants everything done OFFCHAIN in LN , Where the Miners receive Nothing!

It is like this miners can set a reasonable fees in comparison to other competing Payment Systems.
Bitcoin Cash fee may rise, but they intend to keep the fees comparable to other payment services so they stay useful and relevant.

Segshitcoin wants the ONCHAIN Fees to be insanely High to force people OFFCHAIN for all of their transactions, which will starve the miners of fees faster than anything else.
Segshit /LN, does not care they have already priced theirselves out of the markets as a payment system.

And the stupid segshit is a store of value crap , is pure hype, it has no use now except hoping the price goes up. Every Crypto has that feature.
It is even stupid for people to hold segshit in a private wallet, as leaving it on an exchange is the only safe way to be sure you can sell it when you need too.

It is like this, I can sell apples for $500 each , but as long as a competitor is selling them for $1.99 each, eventually I will run out of fools to buy my apples.
Same thing is going to happen with segshit, once the greater fools run out , segshit will crash on a level of the Dutch Tulips.
Crypto competes with Visa / Paypal / Money Wire Services / & other cryptos anything over $5 per transactions is an utter rip off denying that is foolish.

╥Aztek

The miners will get plenty of reward LN does not take their reward there will be the opening and closing fee plus any transaction of a considerable amount a LN transaction is not meant for huge value transactions its for lots of lower value ones from the tiniest of micro transactions even sending 1 single satoshi will be possible something BCH cannot do.

As for sending to exchanges to sell if the exchanges accept LN then you will be able to send and sell from your personal wallet in under a second this is much more secure than leaving your funds on an exchange just in case you need it fast if the exchanges happens to be hacked etc then you are SOL

phuckit17

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 04:07:57 PM

How's life in "sour grapesville" today? Sorry to here bcash got hacked on reddit. Fast and cheap like a 2 dollar hooker= less secure. weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 04:29:35 PM

Bitcoin Clashic is the real Bcash!!

Satoshi's True Vision!!!~1~onetildeone!

https://twitter.com/BitcoinClashic

http://bitcoinclashic.org/

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Sillytrollshavenobrain

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:13:08 PM

weeeeeeeee
>The Bilderberg Group funded Blockstream. On February 3rd, 2016, AXA invested $55 million in Blockstream. At the time of that investment, Henri de Castries was the head of both AXA and Bilderberg Group.
https://www.coindesk.com/blockstream-55-million-series-a/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henri_de_Castries
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilderberg_Group

>MasterCard funded Digital Currency Group, which funded Blockstream. Note: Glenn Hutchins serves as a board director for both the Digital Currency Group and the Federal Reserve Bank.
https://www.ccn.com/mastercard-digital-currency-group/
http://dcg.co/who-we-are/ (Archive: http://archive.is/6BLgo )
http://dcg.co/portfolio/#b (Archive: http://archive.is/u9e3n )
>Blockstream crippled Bitcoin BTC, to push people towards the Lightning Network:
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoins-possible-privatization-has-blockstream-created-problem-to-provide-solution
>The Truth About Lightning Network:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g [Embed]
https://hooktube.com/watch?v=UYHFrf5ci_g
>Larry Summers, the man who started the "war on cash" also serves as "special adviser" to the DCG board.

https://twitter.com/Tom_Horvath/status/949207156338946048
weeeeeeeeee
digiworld1

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:42:55 PM

bc bitcoin mining reward half every 4 years, increasing in btc value will justify and provide incentive for miners continue mining btc, but by 2040 , last btc mined. No more btc reward, says transaction fees is low for mass adoption, how will btc network be maintained??? Anyone know?
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:44:13 PM

bc bitcoin mining reward half every 4 years, increasing in btc value will justify and provide incentive for miners continue mining btc, but by 2040 , last btc mined. No more btc reward, says transaction fees is low for mass adoption, how will btc network be maintained??? Anyone know?
I think you'll find its 2140 approx

$100,000 BTC in one hour
keyboard warrior

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:47:23 PM

I think you'll find its 2145 approx

Yes, he got it wrong. According to estimates on stackexchange it will be about 2140, not 2040.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10486/when-will-the-last-bitcoin-be-mined

The estimate is 2140 based on the block reward halving frequency of four years. According to math and knowledge that there are 32 halving events, in 2136, the block reward will yield 0.00000168 BTC per day, which is 0.00000042 BTC per block. That's 42 satoshis.
digiworld1

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 05:49:59 PM

Yes, he got it wrong. According to estimates on stackexchange it will be about 2140, not 2040.

https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/10486/when-will-the-last-bitcoin-be-mined

The estimate is 2140 based on the block reward halving frequency of four years. According to math and knowledge that there are 32 halving events, in 2136, the block reward will yield 0.00000168 BTC per day, which is 0.00000042 BTC per block. That's 42 satoshis.

my bad, lol, nvm, yeah, its around 2140, another 100yrs or so.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 06:01:56 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2018, 08:25:57 PM by tekmobile

my bad, lol, nvm, yeah, its around 2140, another 100yrs or so.

Yea a long time but by 2040 the reward will still be down to around 0.1953125 so still almost non existent and as the reward gets lower then the fees will be needed as this is the only way miners will be paid

Also as the value increases more and more miners come online faster than the difficulty adjusts so the halving is probably closer to 3 1/2 years so by 2040 it could have possibly hit the 0.09765625 reward

Code:
Year - Block Reward

2020 6.25
2024 3.125
2028 1.5625
2032 0.78125
2036 0.390625
2040 0.1953125
2044 0.09765625
2048 0.04882812
2052 0.02441406
2056 0.01220703
2060 0.00610351
2064 0.00305175
2068 0.00152587
2072 0.00076293
2076 0.00038146
2080 0.00019073
2084 0.00009536
2088 0.00004768
2092 0.00002384
2096 0.00001192
2100 0.00000596
2104 0.00000298
2108 0.00000149
2112 0.00000074
2116 0.00000037
2120 0.00000018
2124 0.00000009
2128 0.00000004
2132 0.00000002
2136 0.00000001
2140 0

Taking data from fork.lol

Block Reward Fees   
(4.39 BTC) $73,109
(0.02 BCH) $55

So right now with no more block subsidy #

A BTC miner will earn $73109 where a BCH miner will just earn $55 per block and to gain the same amount of reward as BTC right now BCH needs to be getting over 130tx/s
so as of now BTC has around 85% miner share but with no block reward BTC will be around will be 99.5% so either
BCH will need to gain HUGE value over BTC
Have a Huge amount of on chain transactions
Raise fees by a huge amount which wont be possible if they keep the intent to make every transaction get into the next block

The only other way is to HF to increase the coin supply and go against what bitcoin was created for

Everyone here keeps going on about satoshis vision and the whitepaper etc but the reality is the white paper was a technical proof of concept it was not a vision of the final project satoshis vision was a deflationary currency not controlled by the banks and yes he even said himself that it would need to scale to layer 2 solutions way back when he was active
svennnny

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:19:38 PM

For now Bcash is all talk and promises from it's supporters but the reality shows it's just dumping, it's the one that lost the most in BTC these last days in the most known projects, even before the BTC pump, while other projects are more solid or even pumping

Exactly more and better projects are coming. Bcash is nothing more then a manipulated pump and dump coin. Isn't used for payments just ask the Bshills for the embarrassing list.
it has a terrible rep (thank Roger Ver). Keep dreaming  Grin
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:27:46 PM

https://coingeek.com/lightning-network-cant-scale-needs-another-layer/  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Still no block size increase, but an entire additional layer—and the same high fees (possibly more) WTF Grin

Also...Coinex and other BCH exchanges..please add BCH-XRP, BCH-STR pairs...
both xrp and str got huge pumps, when people want to sell they are forced into usd/usdt/btc ...none of these choices are suitable for BCH "real bitcoin " supporters..
we dont want our coins going through old btc(causing a big spike in the charts) to change to the real Bitcoin(BCH)
Thanks guys  Kiss

When a publication is owned by Calvin Ayre or Roger Ver then it's automatically void.

It's like apple telling everybody why the iOS is superior to Android

Sounds like black and white thinking...

..aaand that's a poor analogy - which mobile OS is superior is mostly an opinion.

Unless of course you care to tally up the tech specs of each and try to make an objective decision. First you need to be clear about your priorities however (is cost more important than usability etc).

OK, Let's try it with cryptos, I will go first:

MY top Priorities (your can be different, but be honest please):
1. I can use it, merchants accept it and I can trade it on exchanges or with private parties
2. It's secure
3. It's safe from theft and govt meddling/inflation
4. Low fees

So far, BTC only fits 2 and 3 - 1 and 4 are gone due to Kore's retardedness/compromise

BCH fits all 4. Your turn.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 06, 2018, 08:44:30 PM

All I can see on this thread is several hundred pages made up mainly of name calling. Why aren't you people coming up with wonderful innovations and sponsoring NASCAR?
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2018, 08:47:49 PM

https://coingeek.com/lightning-network-cant-scale-needs-another-layer/  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
Still no block size increase, but an entire additional layer—and the same high fees (possibly more) WTF Grin

Also...Coinex and other BCH exchanges..please add BCH-XRP, BCH-STR pairs...
both xrp and str got huge pumps, when people want to sell they are forced into usd/usdt/btc ...none of these choices are suitable for BCH "real bitcoin " supporters..
we dont want our coins going through old btc(causing a big spike in the charts) to change to the real Bitcoin(BCH)
Thanks guys  Kiss

When a publication is owned by Calvin Ayre or Roger Ver then it's automatically void.

It's like apple telling everybody why the iOS is superior to Android

Sounds like black and white thinking...

..aaand that's a poor analogy - which mobile OS is superior is mostly an opinion.

Unless of course you care to tally up the tech specs of each and try to make an objective decision. First you need to be clear about your priorities however (is cost more important than usability etc).

OK, Let's try it with cryptos, I will go first:

MY top Priorities (your can be different, but be honest please):
1. I can use it, merchants accept it and I can trade it on exchanges or with private parties
2. It's secure
3. It's safe from theft and govt meddling/inflation
4. Low fees

So far, BTC only fits 2 and 3 - 1 and 4 are gone due to Kore's retardedness/compromise

BCH fits all 4. Your turn.

That has nothing to do with the quote

You quote a post of me saying a BCH supporters publication is biased to the one side the same as if you asked apple which os is the best iOS or android no matter what the technicalities are apple will always say apple is better.

As for the what you try to derail the content with then BTC fills 1, 2, & 3 you like to post your acceptbitcoin.cash site and if you look over it then you would see BTC is accepted at way more places than BCH yes the fees are higher big deal once the rest of the scaling solutions have rolled out then that will ease the mempool and blockstream are not against a block increase its just not needed yet once schnorr signatures etc are implemented BTC will be able to store more transactions in the current block as BCH can in a 8MB block and if a increase is needed after all this it will be rolled out in a future release

Other busy coins are getting higher fees now too ETH is around $2.50 now and but its got issues but its not block space issue the network infrastructure cannot process the transactions fast enough also with the rise of ripple recently the transaction fee has gone up 3000% even BCH now has a average tx fee of about $0.40 yea its not much but a far cry from under $0.01 that it was a couple of month ago

Pages: « 1 ... 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 [618] 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: