Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:09:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703517 times)
Lain33

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 10, 2018, 11:50:15 PM

Gentlemen - enough about PRICE, let's look at FUNDAMENTALS:

BTC doesn't work and LN can't work with a broken layer underneath it.
BTC development is a dead meme,
BTC is the target of Wall St. speculators, and has now lost its Tether price pump mechanism.
BTC has only first adopter momentum, which it loses more of each day (anyone look at the mempool or the market dominance chart lately?)

BCH works and adoption is growing more each day.
BCH development is steaming ahead.
BCH has 24x the capacity of dead BTC.
New investment will almost certainly go to the alt market looking for growth.

Watch the US Congress hearings today. Surely they will move the markets.

Really delusional. This guy seems to think he knows his stuff, must be really into crypto a while. Hmm lets see, account created February 17, 2016 - oh yeah - def been in the scene a ''looong'' time, wink wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 12:44:57 AM

BTC is the target of Wall St. speculators, and has now lost its Tether price pump mechanism.
BTC has only first adopter momentum, which it loses more of each day (anyone look at the mempool or the market dominance chart lately?)

Really delusional. This guy seems to think he knows his stuff, must be really into crypto a while. Hmm lets see, account created February 17, 2016 - oh yeah - def been in the scene a ''looong'' time, wink wink

He's just a Bcash shill just ignore him like the rest of us LN already has more open channels than Bcash does nodes and it's not even ready yet also LN node count is catching up fast and will probably over take the Bcash node count within the next couple of weeks

There seems to be some narrative coming from them that LN needs some licence and expensive hardware from blockstream but something must be wrong with my LN node because it seems to be running just fine on the same standard computing hardware as my full node does and the licensing bit where I have to pay blockstream is missing  Huh

Also something is wrong with the fees too because I was told it would cost $100 to open a channel but when I opened a couple of channels on mine it didn't even cost me $1 so I'm just guessing it was a type and just was missing a decimal and should have said $1.00

I did buy some gear from the blockstream store though a week ago with no fees it wasn't as fast as I was expecting though as I was believed it to be instant but I swear I had to wait 250ms
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1075

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 02:51:36 AM
Merited by Bitbobb (1)

^great info tek.wow....wrong thread though  Kiss Tongue

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 06:45:13 AM

^great info tek.wow....wrong thread though  Kiss Tongue

Someone has to keep the thread alive because just like the coin nobody is using it coincidence ?

Even with the massive recent pump the amount of transactions and blocksize remained the same and it pretty much all came from a single exchange okex this is not suspicious at all lmao

Also miner fees are dropping due to lower onchain transactions and without a block subsidy your precious miners would be earning a whopping $18 per block but don't worry they will just hard fork again to add more coin supply because that is now possible that they control the code

Good luck with your dumpster fire if this is not going to work out the big players will just collude together and dump everything before leaving you lot holding the bags

Have you ever wondered why so much of the crypto community get on with BTC even though they are all competing with each other but the majority hate on BCH except some of the biggest players and supporters

Where was all the support for Roger ver on Infowars the other day I've not seen anyone here even mentioning that yet before or after is that because it was a embarrassing for the BCH community he ended up being cut short and ended as a laughing stock in case you missed it
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 2368

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:03:12 AM

He is a paid shill. There is a reason why he is flashing red. *scam* wink wink

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 08:23:32 AM

^great info tek.wow....wrong thread though  Kiss Tongue

Someone has to keep the thread alive because just like the coin nobody is using it coincidence ?
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to the talking point...just because the thread is quite at times, does not mean you can start talking about alt projects.
Esp on a thread that has nothing to do with SW/LN.
 Smiley

I still dont get why your so afraid of having an SW/LN dedicated thread,lol

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 08:27:50 AM

^great info tek.wow....wrong thread though  Kiss Tongue

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Back to the talking point...just because the thread is quite at times, does not mean you can start talking about alt projects.
Esp on a thread that has nothing to do with SW/LN.
 Smiley

Nah that's censorship remember isn't that what you cry when r/bitcoin removes off topic stuff you're suppose to be against that anyway

Plus I keep hearing if LN it becomes popular you can also implement it too so think of it as early development chat for BCH  Roll Eyes
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 09:00:49 AM

^wow , is my ln thread the only ln thread? i doubt it.
You still dont get it ,  share your knowledge on a thread that needs it...any ln thread of your choice.

hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 09:07:32 AM

Good.

If the trolling and destruction density gets higher in this sub, we know Bitcoin Cash is on a good way.

Lots of PoS (proof of stupid) posts expected over next time.

Grin

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
moli1

Activity: 182
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 10:56:27 AM

BCH price fell 11% to $1,211... market cap of bitcoin cash is $20 billion... original bitcoin had a maximum limit of 1 MB of data per block or about 3 transactions per second.
although these limits could be raised technically, the bitcoin community never reached a consensus after years of debate.
so, instead of raising the limits, the community decided to create another blockchain (which was later known as Bitcoin Cash) with the improved limits. the older bitcoins were taken to this new and improved blockchain that had a maximum limit of 8 MBs per block.
from the hard fork on August 1, 2017, Bitcoin Cash was born, increasing the capacity limit of each block.
the purpose of the fork was to raise the number of transactions that can be processed by increasing the block size to 8 MBs against 1 MB of bitcoin.
abeke

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 11:50:56 AM

I wonder why big exchanges like Bittrex, Binance etc. don't have BCH trading pair against altcoins.
svennnny

Activity: 182
Merit: 17

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 12:07:01 PM

I wonder why big exchanges like Bittrex, Binance etc. don't have BCH trading pair against altcoins.

Cause there is no demand for it.
Bitbobb

Activity: 1134
Merit: 525

Less hops. More wins.

View Profile
February 11, 2018, 04:17:27 PM

https://www.rt.com/business/418390-france-germany-bitcoin-clampdown/

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2018, 04:21:26 PM

You are aware that is a total BS article
coolcat86

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 06:28:23 AM

BCH price fell 11% to $1,211... market cap of bitcoin cash is $20 billion... original bitcoin had a maximum limit of 1 MB of data per block or about 3 transactions per second.
although these limits could be raised technically, the bitcoin community never reached a consensus after years of debate.
so, instead of raising the limits, the community decided to create another blockchain (which was later known as Bitcoin Cash) with the improved limits. the older bitcoins were taken to this new and improved blockchain that had a maximum limit of 8 MBs per block.
from the hard fork on August 1, 2017, Bitcoin Cash was born, increasing the capacity limit of each block.
the purpose of the fork was to raise the number of transactions that can be processed by increasing the block size to 8 MBs against 1 MB of bitcoin.

So according to your logic BCH transaction capacity is 3*8=24 transactions per second (that's a game changer), wow...
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:26:33 AM

So according to your logic BCH transaction capacity is 3*8=24 transactions per second (that's a game changer), wow...

It should / will be adjusted to what's roughly needed ( + excess capacity for black Fridays) - like any proper finTech (Cash + Settlement -) solution should do.  Average Joe's user experience is always key and a decent security for high rolers.

hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 08:35:38 AM

A new star is born. Welcome Tiffany!

https://twitter.com/haydentiff/status/961991338668552192

Shocked

Cyberfox

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:17:55 AM

Shapeshift has just disabled Bitcoin in their service as a precaution.

As for me, Shapeshift is very convenient but the fees are exorbitant compared to other platforms...I'm planning to use BestRate.org as it seems  like it has more advantages..the main is the principe of its work..it picks the highest rate amonng different exhange platforms, such as Changelly, ShapeShift, Evercoin, Bittrex, Poloniex and others.
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
February 12, 2018, 09:27:39 AM

He's just a Bcash shill just ignore him like the rest of us LN already has more open channels than Bcash does nodes and it's not even ready yet also LN node count is catching up fast and will probably over take the Bcash node count within the next couple of weeks

There seems to be some narrative coming from them that LN needs some licence and expensive hardware from blockstream but something must be wrong with my LN node because it seems to be running just fine on the same standard computing hardware as my full node does and the licensing bit where I have to pay blockstream is missing  Huh

Also something is wrong with the fees too because I was told it would cost $100 to open a channel but when I opened a couple of channels on mine it didn't even cost me $1 so I'm just guessing it was a type and just was missing a decimal and should have said $1.00

I did buy some gear from the blockstream store though a week ago with no fees it wasn't as fast as I was expecting though as I was believed it to be instant but I swear I had to wait 250ms

Well, there's no demand for BTC transactions currently - just look here https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions to see the number of TXs is down from almost 500k to 150k per day. That's significant drop just within 2 months between december and february. With BTC price down more than 50% from ATH, and low number of TXs your $1 for opening/closing LN channel is impressive, however, if the price and no. of TXs will go higher, your costs will surely rise to $20 (or more) again.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2018, 09:56:37 AM

There seems to be some narrative coming from them that LN needs some licence and expensive hardware from blockstream but something must be wrong with my LN node because it seems to be running just fine on the same standard computing hardware as my full node does and the licensing bit where I have to pay blockstream is missing  Huh

Well, there's no demand for BTC transactions currently - just look here https://blockchain.info/charts/n-transactions to see the number of TXs is down from almost 500k to 150k per day. That's significant drop just within 2 months between december and february. With BTC price down more than 50% from ATH, and low number of TXs your $1 for opening/closing LN channel is impressive, however, if the price and no. of TXs will go higher, your costs will surely rise to $20 (or more) again.

That was for opening 2 channels I opened a small one yesterday cost me $0.06 but I was only sending $0.16 testing and all that so technically cost a lot this is also native segwit (bc1)

https://blockchain.info/tx/e5b9a12eeba405d50d30c1f8d5541d02634754a0da73045ffdc04fb733e9d171

Pages: « 1 ... 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 [669] 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: