Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:27:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 02:54:34 PM

Lol. But I do hope some of those bitcoin forks will really die, recompiling 4 different bitcoin software almost every day is not fun and forcing us to store 4 different blockchains (4x 150 GB) is basically criminal.

No need to store 4 just store the 1 that's all I do I have one core node (0.15.0.1) and that's it

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
johnsmithx

Activity: 589
Merit: 507

I don't buy nor sell anything here and never will.

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:02:34 PM

4 different bitcoin forks require 4 different blockchains. The pre-fork data could possibly be stored only once and linked but I am not sure it would actually be possible to run all forks at once (as I do) and have them all read the same block files, so anybody with half a brain will keep a separate blockchain for each.

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:05:53 PM

4 different bitcoin forks require 4 different blockchains.

Yea but how many support all 4 ? not many

If someone is going to run a node they will just run the one they support the only ones that will run multiple nodes are companies that support all the forks
johnsmithx

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:10:37 PM

If someone is going to run a node they will just run the one they support the only ones that will run multiple nodes are companies that support all the forks

I am talking about us, the users, the bitcoin holders. If I have bitcoins at the moment of the fork then I have the new bitcoins too, so then naturally I want to have a functional respective wallet software to actually be able to use those new bitcoins.

Oh and I forgot - it's not actually 4x 150 GB but 8x 150 GB because, again, everybody with half a brain keeps a backup Sad

My list of 43(+3) reviewed Bitcoin forks | You don't have to download the pre-fork blockchain again for each fork! | Beware of fraudulent AWS accounts sellers and dangerous edu AWS codes! + My personal list of legit sellers and scammers | Never publicly reveal your btc addresses, ownership or any other details and stay very far away from anybody who asks you to! | The general rule of safe buying is: if the seller is a newbie, with no reputation, with no topic nor trust feedback, offering no vouches and/or selling from a locked or self-moderated topic and unwilling to go first or use escrow => AVOID. Always check the trust feedback first and make sure that you have enabled "Show untrusted feedback by default" in "Profile / Forum Profile Information".
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:23:55 PM

I am talking about us, the users, the bitcoin holders. If I have bitcoins at the moment of the fork then I have the new bitcoins too, so then naturally I want to have a functional respective wallet software to actually be able to use those new bitcoins.

Most now just use light wallets yes I run a BTC core node but I don't use it I have a TREZOR the core node just sits listening to connections there is no active wallet on it

When Bcash forked I just used electron cash I didn't care about a full wallet I just needed to sell same with most of these alts they are very low valued and don't justify running a full node.

1. (SELL) Use a light or hardware wallet
2. (SPLIT) Use a light or hardware wallet
3. (HOLD) Don't do anything but recommended to split
4. (TRADE) Most likely kept on an exchange

Oh and I forgot - it's not actually 4x 150 GB but 8x 150 GB because, again, everybody with half a brain keeps a backup Sad

Why keep a backup no point back up your wallet yes fair enough but no need to back up the entire chain its not going anywhere the only advantage is quicker sync after a failure

johnsmithx

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 03:37:58 PM

Most now just use light wallets yes I run a BTC core node but I don't use it I have a TREZOR the core node just sits listening to connections there is no active wallet on it

When Bcash forked I just used electron cash I didn't care about a full wallet I just needed to sell same with most of these alts they are very low valued and don't justify running a full node.

Well I guess it depends on how many bitcoins you actually have. If it's next to nothing then all this is just a game to you, but if you have at least a million usd worth of bitcoins and your whole existence (and possibly of others, too) depends on it, then (again, if you have half a brain) you wouldn't even for a second think about using any light wallet or keeping it at an exchange or doing anything less secure than the best. Then you would keep all your devices encrypted, you would use multi-factor authentication and your main worry would be that you forget your very long and very hard to remember passwords because you of course weren't that stupid to write it down. Then even the "low valued" fork is worth enough to live off it for the rest of your life. Then if there is even a small chance that the new fork might replace the original bitcoin you wouldn't even for a second think about selling it. Then you would think and behave totally differently.

Why keep a backup no point back up your wallet yes fair enough but no need to back up the entire chain its not going anywhere the only advantage is quicker sync after a failure

Yes, being able to recover in minutes after a failure instead of many hours, if not days, might be a big difference. Again it depends on the amounts and how much is it worth. If you have a $500 car then you won't probably care about it much, but if you have a $500k car then you will probably polishing it every other day even though there is "no point" - the difference is your perception of it and how you treat it changes.

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 03:47:22 PM

Well I guess it depends on how many bitcoins you actually have. If it's next to nothing then all this is just a game to you, but if you have at least a million usd worth of bitcoins and your whole existence (and possibly of others, too) depends on it, then (again, if you have half a brain) you wouldn't even for a second think about using any light wallet or keeping it at an exchange or doing anything less secure than the best. Then you would keep all your devices encrypted, you would use multi-factor authentication and your main worry would be that you forget your very long and very hard to remember passwords because you of course weren't that stupid to write it down. Then even the "low valued" fork is worth enough to live off it for the rest of your life. Then if there is even a small chance that the new fork might replace the original bitcoin you wouldn't even for a second think about selling it. Then you would think and behave totally differently.

I make sure my BTC are moved somewhere safe first and if you had $1m worth then you are stupid if you don't use a hardware wallet and have your recovery seed written down and saved somewhere highly secure and in a fire safe of similar.

Plus if you had that much then running a full node won't be a problem but most users don't have that much or anywhere close to that
johnsmithx

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 04:50:54 PM

I make sure my BTC are moved somewhere safe first and if you had $1m worth then you are stupid if you don't use a hardware wallet and have your recovery seed written down and saved somewhere highly secure and in a fire safe of similar.

Sure everybody makes their own security paradigm, but there might be a difference between how you are imagining it now and how it would really be if you were in that situation. It's like those fingerprint sensors that are so popular these days. Many people probably think it's so super secure to authenticate using their fingerprints because they are spoon-fed it by all the advertisement but they don't actually think about it much because they don't really have anything that valuable to protect anyway. So they don't realize that fingerprint auth is the worst possible security scheme as you leave your fingerprints everywhere including on the device itself. A password at least needs to be beaten out of you, a fingerprint can be taken from anything you ever touched and in a few seconds can be used to imitate your finger. But people don't think about it because it doesn't really matter anyway, it's all just a game to them.

Plus if you had that much then running a full node won't be a problem

I suppose you implying you would be "rich" so some terabyte of wasted storage would be "nothing" (saying in a Tony Montana arrogant voice). And that (this attitude) is exactly why most people who suddenly get rich (like winning a lottery) will lose everything and may end up even worse than they were before. So far I haven't had to touch/sell anything I have, I use a small portion for lending at polo and bitfi and that income alone is enough to live life of leisure and support the whole family. Yet I keep working hard and seemingly there is nothing out of ordinary about me going on. Unless you were into IEMs you wouldn't notice that I am usually wearing SE846 and a few similarly priced small gadgets and you definitely wouldn't notice that that superordinary silverish ring on my finger is in fact made of the most expensive precious metal on this planet. The key is to stay below the radar, from the state, from friends, even (and especially) from your own family. It takes only one single mistake to lose everything and/or to get murdered. And yes I will keep complaining about storage requirements because it's a logical thing to do and how cheap a harddrive is to me has nothing to do with it. Making my wealth obvious either by showing off or arrogant snobbish behavior would be a truly stupid thing to do.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 05:58:51 PM

^ some very gd points john...

Im expecting a crazy weekend...
so im taking a lil break before the craziness begins...
i just got the best tech of the decade...SNES MINI   Grin

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:15:12 PM

Cryptocurrency scam alert website Badbitcoin.org has removed popular news and information outlet Bitcoin.com from its ‘Safelist’ of trusted resources.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3016ho/badbitcoinorg_staked_their_reputation_on/?st=j86dzpwm&sh=e8f70eaf

#justsayin'

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:22:07 PM

What the hell is going on?

A self important autist is publicly ragging on a website due to its owner's preference for open choices for all.

In other words, nothing.

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 09:23:39 PM

Cryptocurrency scam alert website Badbitcoin.org has removed popular news and information outlet Bitcoin.com from its ‘Safelist’ of trusted resources.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/3016ho/badbitcoinorg_staked_their_reputation_on/?st=j86dzpwm&sh=e8f70eaf

#justsayin'

Already posted but may have been buried in pointless chitchat

same with this one

https://blog.xapo.com/time-to-convert-your-bitcoin-cash-bch/

Now back to what you can do with the BCH generated in your BCH Wallet. We have made it easy and convenient for our users to convert BCH to BTC. This means you can NOW convert the total balance of your BCH Wallet to your BTC Wallet with only one transaction and one click away. Keep in mind that the company will not support BCH after December 14th and you will only be able to convert the total balance of your BCH to BTC before that date.
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:45:52 PM

Another exchange https://news.bitcoin.com/indias-multi-currency-exchange-will-list-bitcoin-cash-in-two-weeks/

and another https://news.bitcoin.com/gmo-bitcoin-cash-ether-trading-promotional-discounts/

Badbitcoin is obviously a sh*t site. These NO2X guys are really getting desperate. So much hot air from the increasingly small group of fanbois.

Ai7xpressTV

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 09:47:26 PM

Still hodling my BCH. Will buy more if it struggles.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:04:43 PM

#justsayin'

Already posted but may have been buried in pointless chitchat

same with this one

https://blog.xapo.com/time-to-convert-your-bitcoin-cash-bch/

Now back to what you can do with the BCH generated in your BCH Wallet. We have made it easy and convenient for our users to convert BCH to BTC. This means you can NOW convert the total balance of your BCH Wallet to your BTC Wallet with only one transaction and one click away. Keep in mind that the company will not support BCH after December 14th and you will only be able to convert the total balance of your BCH to BTC before that date.

It is interesting wording that one "convert to BTC". I wonder what it actually means? They will keep the BCH themselves and buy BTC on the market and give to users?

The more important questionis, will they be selling the BCH or keep it for themselves for the future when BCH becomes "Bitcoin"?

Or will they just use Shapeshift or something similar and sell the BCH on the market, the instant user "converts" it to BTC?

Hm... hm... any guesses? Cool Shocked

It means that the users have until that deadline to either trade for BTC or withdraw their BCH if not done by the deadline then it will be auto sold and credited to their account in BTC

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 10:09:41 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 10:39:48 PM by tekmobile

Its looking like another hyper round is coming the guaranteed difficulty is to drop way below what it needs to be slightly profitable
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:40:04 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 11:51:18 PM by bones261

Its looking like another hyper round is coming the guaranteed difficulty is to drop way below what it needs to be slightly profitable

Yippie, vulture miners love hyper blocks.  Cheesy Will be keeping a close eye on this. Wonder when the magical mystery miners will return. Have they thrown in the towel?

Edit:17Wk4GPKw9nZ9PbspzaxN3fv1L2m9NA9dg just mined a block. They're here. Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVC2vyVCWJI
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:53:05 PM

Yippie, vulture miners love hyper blocks.  Cheesy Will be keeping a close eye on this. Wonder when the magical mystery miners will return. Have they thrown in the towel?

Edit:17Wk4GPKw9nZ9PbspzaxN3fv1L2m9NA9dg just mined a block. They're here. Grin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVC2vyVCWJI

If ive worked it out correctly (probably not but lets see how close I am) its gonna be about 6% difficulty of the BTC chain
cointerstrike

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 11:56:00 PM

I have seen news that there will be a breakup in the bitcoin. The name of the new coin is said to be bitcoin gold. Is the news real? Or is it fake? Can you inform me?

Thank you in advance.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2017, 11:57:27 PM

I have seen news that there will be a breakup in the bitcoin. The name of the new coin is said to be bitcoin gold. Is the news real? Or is it fake? Can you inform me?

Thank you in advance.

Its just another alt coin nothing to worry about no threat its cot competing against any bitcoin
Pages: « 1 ... 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 [316] 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: