Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 09:43:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
ujang1

Activity: 558
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 10:50:52 PM

This fork soon will not have the same success that he had. The new fork will take over the bulk of cash money. Good luck bcash Wink

Sort or correct yes right now Bitcoin is just competing with BitCash

The split between Bitcoin and BitCash is pretty much a clean split you are either with core or against

Going forward the core supporters remain core supporters but the non core supporters will now be split between BitCash and Seg2x (probably be a 50:50 split)

So right now Bitcoin/BitCash (87:13)

after probably more like below

Bitcoin/BitCash/Seg2x (86:7:7)

Good analytics, but I think that bitcoin with each such fork will gradually lose its users. Especially since a two-megabyte block is a time requirement.

.SPECTRE.                ▄▄███▄▄
            ▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄
▄▄      ▄▄███▀▀ ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀███▄▄      ▄▄
████▄▄  ▀▀▀ ▄▄███████████▄▄ ▀▀▀  ▄▄████
  ▀▀████▄    ▀▀█████████▀▀    ▄████▀▀
 ██▄▄ ▀██ █▄▄    ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█ ██▀ ▄▄██
 ▀▀███ ██ █████▄       ▄█████ ██ ███▀▀
      ██ ███████▄   ▄███████ ██
       ██ ████████   ████████ ██
       ██▄▄ ▀▀████   ████▀▀ ▄▄██
        ▀▀███▄▄ ▀▀   ▀▀ ▄▄███▀▀
            ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
                ▀▀███▀▀
             │
     │      ███
     │      ███
    │     ███
███  │     ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███ ███ ███
███ ███     │
███ ███     │
    │

▬▬     WHITEPAPER    ▬▬
FACEBOOK     TELEGRAM
TWITTER     SLACK     MEDIUM
PRE-SALE.
PUBLIC SALE.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ScoreB

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2017, 10:51:30 PM

In vain I bought it for $ 500, now I do not know what to do with it

Well.. way I would see it: best to hodl until Bitcoin's Segwit2x fork. See, the Segwit2x is a hostile fork attempt without replay protection: meaning Bitcoin users that initiate any kind of transaction will be unsure if their BTC will be lost, will end up on a different fork or.. well enough scenario's to be scared about. It will cause people to at least temporarily halt doing any transactions and they're likely to search for alternatives, who knows.. maybe they'll jump ship to Bitcoin Cash.

Also, it makes sense, even those that oppose of 2x aren't necessarily against a bigger block size per se, but just against the way it is currently being forced onto the network. They might look at Bitcoin Cash and conclude that hey.. those guys already have both SegWit & Bigger Blocks.

Just newbie insights here.. weight them on your own terms.
MartinGandhiKennedy

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 11:00:25 PM

STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 02:26:19 AM

Hi guys. 
Can anyone shed some light on this talk of "airdrops" I have been hearing with the upcoming BTC forks.

Like what will be airdropped and when?

Just seen a certain B2X with a maximum supply of just over 1,000,000 valued at $5 on coinmarketcan.

Did that one get airdropped already.

Thanks a million in advance for any response guys. (Be nice).

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 03:11:19 AM

Hi guys. 
Can anyone shed some light on this talk of "airdrops" I have been hearing with the upcoming BTC forks.

Like what will be airdropped and when?

Just seen a certain B2X with a maximum supply of just over 1,000,000 valued at $5 on coinmarketcan.

Did that one get airdropped already.

Thanks a million in advance for any response guys. (Be nice).

By airdrops what these mean are when a clone of bitcoin happens the chain is cloned and any bitcoins you hold at the time of the clone are duplicated 1:1 so far there is just bitcoin cash this happened on the 1at august.

The next one is called bitcoin gold this is due to happen on the 25th October but may be delayed as there seems to still be quite a bit of work required and then there is B2X than will happen sometime in November I think it's somewhere around the 17th

The value of any chainsplit is unknown until it has hit the market and actually trading if you have just started collecting bitcoin and only have a tiny balance then you probably won't get anything of substantial value

Also you must have the original bitcoin holding any forks or any other altcoins and you won't get anything

Actually splitting your coins can be risky too unless you know what you are doing
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:33:30 AM

imho, cut your losses and sell it but keep an eye on the chart, in case it goes into a pump. You could buy quick and sell higher to make less loss if you have that kind of time.

Keep only what you can afford to lose. I bought enough at $500, and will hold as a hedge against a bad event in BTC. If cash fails, then so be it.

I did the same with ETC, knowing that ETC would most likely fail, but on the basis that a division of investment between ETH and ETC would give a spread of risk.

That makes sense.

It is always about the developers first, and the community. The chains with the greatest agregation of development talent will have the best and most relevant tools and software. Community and distribution are important, but they tend to grow from the development ecosystem.

The effective airdrop in ETC and in BCash provided a starting distribution, but it was only a snapshot, and will likely be siphoned away slowly by the gravity of the system with the greater mass.

The conclusion so far is that Core is the winner. Relative price movement will confirm that, as it is doing right now.

It's not 2014 anymore. The remaining Kore devs are just killing BTC by building a bunch of shit on top of it. There are many people coding new coins that are technically more sophisticated than BTC. At this point you could say there are too many cooks spoiling the soup.  We likely need LESS development and more adoption. Bitcoin is no longer just for geeks, there are tons of finance people involved, as well as a healthy assortment of idiots trying to get rich quickly.

The concept of "community" has been thoroughly debunked. At this point /r/bitcoin is a heavily censored joke, it's not even funny anymore.  Blockstream has been caught buying tweets and stuffing the ballot boxes on voting sites. They're desperately invoking government authority (SEC/computer fraud laws) to keep their stranglehold on BTC. The 2x fork is the only way Segwit even rolled out, now they shoot themselves in the foot and cling to their Lightning Network fairy tale...

The credible theory I've heard about the BTC pump is that people are stocking up on BTC before the forks, so they can get more free fork-coins and maybe do some replay attacks...
9Bank

Activity: 229
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 05:20:00 AM
Last edit: October 11, 2017, 05:48:59 AM by 9Bank

Shocked If the Bitcoin.com and BitcoinCash.org websites get more useful, it's likely to enlist many small and newbie customers. BCH could start competing with Coinbase quite drastically and fast, in my opinion. Also, besides GreenAddress.it, the only serious wallet has become Coinomi. The funny thing is, the number three spot Ripple will always be a good alert for spec is heating up...

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:19:50 AM

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
Wong Goblog

Activity: 310

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:49:30 AM

What happened to Bitcoin Cash? Why does the price keep going down and now only about 0.067 btc, is it likely to skyrocket again as it was in the beginning?
tiCeR

Activity: 1708
Merit: 747

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 09:52:39 AM

Will the fork with Bitcoin Gold actually work the same way as the fork with Bitcoin Cash in terms of "extra" coins?

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
bitcircle
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:01:33 AM

Will the fork with Bitcoin Gold actually work the same way as the fork with Bitcoin Cash in terms of "extra" coins?

No this the fork of original Bitcoin not the clone one so stop dreaming to get free coins while holding BCH. If you have BTC than you will get this coin for free from my point of view BCH will continue as altcoin for forever.
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:07:56 AM

No this the fork of original Bitcoin not the clone one so stop dreaming to get free coins while holding BCH. If you have BTC than you will get this coin for free from my point of view BCH will continue as altcoin for forever.
Just like dogecoin

$100,000 BTC in one hour
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:08:25 AM

What happened to Bitcoin Cash? Why does the price keep going down and now only about 0.067 btc, is it likely to skyrocket again as it was in the beginning?

Unfortunately that doesn't seem to happen anytime soon. Coinbase still didn't pay to its customers their free BCH since last hard fork. Imagine how desperately people are waiting to sell those coins. At large view picture doesn't look in favor of price increase high. Market will be on the move but not like it was twice already.
Maloppo

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 12:52:28 PM

Just like dogecoin

are you kidding, dont say that if you do not know about that
bitcoin cash is result from the hardfork bitcoin
JessicaG

Activity: 343
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 01:47:35 PM

And after BCC, we now have MillionBitcoinCash (MBCH, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2244959)

Can anyone confirm if this is legit or not? Since the guy behind it is claiming to have been on the BCC team:

I am Arvind Norberg , I Have 5 years experience on block chain technology.

I am also technical team in Bitcoin cash
when hard fork happend on 1st August and it was big success then we expected .

░▓██████████████░
    ░▒██            ▒██▒░         ▓█████▓                               ░█████▒               ███                   
█████▓░     ██████░   ▒▓████      ██░░░▓█▓                             ▒███▒▓███              ███                     
██        █▓▒▒▒▒▒▓▓█▓▒    ██     ▒█▓    ██                             ███   ▒██▒                                 
▓█      ░█▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓▓█░  █▓     ▓█▒   ▒█▓  ░████▓    █████   ░█████▓  ██▓    ██▓  ███████▓   ▓██   ▒█████▓   ███████▓
░█░    ░█▓▒▒░░░░░▒ ░▒██  ░█░     ██    ██░  ██  ▓█▒  ██░ ▒█▓  ▓█▓  ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███▒ ▓███  ███  ▒██▓ ▒██▒  ███▒ ▓███
 ██    ██▒░░░▒▒ ░░▒▒▓█▒  ██     ▒█▓    ██  ██   ▒█▒ ▓█░   █▓  ██   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███   ███
 ▒█░ ░▒█▒▒▒░░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒█ ░█▒     ▓█░   ▒█▓  ███████  ███████░ ░█▓   ██  ██▓    ██▓  ███   ███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
  ██ ░██▓▒▒░░░▒▒▒▒░░░█░ ██      ██    ██░ ▒█▓░▒░░  ░█▓░▒░░░  ▓█░  ▒█▒  ██▓    ██▓  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ███  ███  ░███
   ██  █▓██▓▒▒▒▒░▒▒▓█▒ ██      ▒█▓   ░██  ██       ▓█░       ██   ██   ███   ▒██▒  ███  ░███  ███  ▓██   ██▓  ███  ░███
    ██    ▒▓███████▓  ██       ██▒  ▒██   ██  ░██  ▓█░  ██░ ░██  ▓█▓   ▓██▓▒▒███   ███  ░███  ███  ░██▓░▓██▒  ███  ░███
     ██░       ░    ░██        ██████▓    ▒█████   ░█████░  ▓█████▓     ▒█████▓    ███  ░███  ███   ▒█████▒   ███  ░███
      ▒██          ██▒                                      ██                                                   
        ▒██░     ▓██                                       ▒█▓                                                         
          ▓██░ ▓██░                                        ██░                                                         
            ▒██▓
Tor Integrated & Secured
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:53:35 PM

imho, cut your losses and sell it but keep an eye on the chart, in case it goes into a pump. You could buy quick and sell higher to make less loss if you have that kind of time.

Keep only what you can afford to lose. I bought enough at $500, and will hold as a hedge against a bad event in BTC. If cash fails, then so be it.

I did the same with ETC, knowing that ETC would most likely fail, but on the basis that a division of investment between ETH and ETC would give a spread of risk.

That makes sense.

It is always about the developers first, and the community. The chains with the greatest agregation of development talent will have the best and most relevant tools and software. Community and distribution are important, but they tend to grow from the development ecosystem.

The effective airdrop in ETC and in BCash provided a starting distribution, but it was only a snapshot, and will likely be siphoned away slowly by the gravity of the system with the greater mass.

The conclusion so far is that Core is the winner. Relative price movement will confirm that, as it is doing right now.

===>  We likely need LESS development   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The concept of "community" has been thoroughly debunked.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BCH ass hodlers are rekt  Cool  lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
riils

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 03:55:36 PM

Just like dogecoin

Dogecoin at least has different algo and cool meme-based branding. Doge I view as far better investment than Bitcoin Cash - just for the nostalgia and historical value. In fact, I don't foresee anything but steady decline to BitcoinXT and BitcoinUnlimited levels (to zero) for Bitcoin Cash.

Only difference and possible value proposition for BCC is lack of SegWit. But that is not even a positive thing - SegWit is optimisation and improvement to the Bitcoin protocol - one that has just been proven to be effective and stable in the original Bitcoin blockchain. There is no real downside to SegWit (I am not talking about Segwit2X saboteur project, of course).

The increased block size for BCC also has no advantage and rather disadvantages - it is a dumb way of solving scaling issues, that increased technical requirements for running a node. Especially dumb considering that BCC has nowhere near enough transaction volume to justify large block size.

Blindly increasing block size in pursuit of better transaction performance is like increasing engine displacement, disregarding negative effects on efficiency, emissions etc.
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 04:52:32 PM

And after BCC, we now have MillionBitcoinCash (MBCH, https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2244959)

Can anyone confirm if this is legit or not? Since the guy behind it is claiming to have been on the BCC team:

I am Arvind Norberg , I Have 5 years experience on block chain technology.

I am also technical team in Bitcoin cash
when hard fork happend on 1st August and it was big success then we expected .

This is one I would stay away from without a doubt just a money grab it got mentioned once in one of my twitter posts I had a look for like 2 seconds and that was enough for me

And as for bitcoin cash was was bigger success than expected I just have to give that a big lols the expectation was to steal the majority of power and value from core

If this is real it will go with the long line of failures

Bitcoin XT (RIP)
Bitcoin Classic (RIP)
Bitcoin Unlimited (RIP)
Bitcoin Cash  (Life Support)
Bitcoin Gold (TBA)
Bitcoin 2x (TBA)

lonesomestranger

Activity: 770
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:24:40 PM

Can someone please guide me what I should do before the Fork?
I have been using the Exodus and all my BTC are in there... should I make it offline or something ?

I dont think that you should do something specially before the fork, you should keep your BTC in a safe wallet and be sure you have access to private keys, that is what I did before BCH fork! In rest, keep calm and wait for the fork Smiley

riils

Activity: 82

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 06:35:26 PM

Bitcoin XT (RIP)
Bitcoin Classic (RIP)
Bitcoin Unlimited (RIP)
Bitcoin Cash  (Life Support)
Bitcoin Gold (TBA)
Bitcoin 2x (TBA)

At least the cash guys didn't call it "Bitcoin" like the 2X gang will call their altcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 [336] 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: