Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 07:16:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 07:06:38 PM

Bitcoin XT (RIP)
Bitcoin Classic (RIP)
Bitcoin Unlimited (RIP)
Bitcoin Cash  (Life Support)
Bitcoin Gold (TBA)
Bitcoin 2x (TBA)

At least the cash guys didn't call it "Bitcoin" like the 2X gang will call their altcoin.

I will give them that at least they did it right with replay protection but if you split properly then replay protection makes no difference it will only catch the inexperienced

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:25:37 PM

Will the fork with Bitcoin Gold actually work the same way as the fork with Bitcoin Cash in terms of "extra" coins?

No this the fork of original Bitcoin not the clone one so stop dreaming to get free coins while holding BCH. If you have BTC than you will get this coin for free from my point of view BCH will continue as altcoin for forever.
Just like dogecoin

Only difference and possible value proposition for BCC is lack of SegWit. But that is not even a positive thing - SegWit is optimisation and improvement to the Bitcoin protocol - one that has just been proven to be effective and stable in the original Bitcoin blockchain. There is no real downside to SegWit (I am not talking about Segwit2X saboteur project, of course).

The increased block size for BCC also has no advantage and rather disadvantages - it is a dumb way of solving scaling issues, that increased technical requirements for running a node. Especially dumb considering that BCC has nowhere near enough transaction volume to justify large block size.

Blindly increasing block size in pursuit of better transaction performance is like increasing engine displacement, disregarding negative effects on efficiency, emissions etc.

You sound like you've chugged a nice big cup of Kore Koolaid. "Blindly increasing blocksize", LOL where were you when the BTC blocks were full, the mempool was giant, and people were paying $10 in fees on a $20 transaction?  And "nowhere near enough transaction volume", a new coin is supposed to magically just use its excess capacity? I suppose having 24 transactions per second (BCH) capability instead of 3 per second (BTC Kore) means nothing to you?  How about 1500x lower fees? It's hard to debate that BCH is not technically superior to BTC.  And Segwit is crap - the spam transactions stopped so it sort of works but has created less than 10% capacity increase for BTC. Lightning doesn't even exist and won't work. And when that spam kicks up again in late October...

People aren't adopting BCH that fast but that could change in a heartbeat when the SHTF with btc1/Segwit2x and Kore 1x...  It's almost like the market is completely clueless to the potentially giant trainwreck that is only a few weeks away... from what I can tell despite the Kore FUD (Lukejr says Garzik is going to JAIL LOL) and massive Kore troll campaigns, 95% of hashpower is behind 2x, so Kore is basically fired. Garzik looks like a complete corporate/government tool so this doesn't seem good either. Then we'll have all of the replays, exchange labeling fiascoes, and hard fork address confusion.

{off to buy some BCH}

classicsucks

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:28:12 PM

In vain I bought it for $ 500, now I do not know what to do with it

imho, cut your losses and sell it but keep an eye on the chart, in case it goes into a pump. You could buy quick and sell higher to make less loss if you have that kind of time.

Keep only what you can afford to lose. I bought enough at $500, and will hold as a hedge against a bad event in BTC. If cash fails, then so be it.

I did the same with ETC, knowing that ETC would most likely fail, but on the basis that a division of investment between ETH and ETC would give a spread of risk.

That makes sense.

It is always about the developers first, and the community. The chains with the greatest agregation of development talent will have the best and most relevant tools and software. Community and distribution are important, but they tend to grow from the development ecosystem.

The effective airdrop in ETC and in BCash provided a starting distribution, but it was only a snapshot, and will likely be siphoned away slowly by the gravity of the system with the greater mass.

The conclusion so far is that Core is the winner. Relative price movement will confirm that, as it is doing right now.

===>  We likely need LESS development   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

The concept of "community" has been thoroughly debunked.   Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

BCH ass hodlers are rekt  Cool  lol

Ironic, coming from a shitcoin pumper such as yourself... How's that FLO LOL?
riils

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 07:56:59 PM

You sound like you've chugged a nice big cup of Kore Koolaid. "Blindly increasing blocksize", LOL where were you when the BTC blocks were full, the mempool was giant, and people were paying $10 in fees on a $20 transaction?  And "nowhere near enough transaction volume", a new coin is supposed to magically just use its excess capacity? I suppose having 24 transactions per second (BCH) capability instead of 3 per second (BTC Kore) means nothing to you?  How about 1500x lower fees? It's hard to debate that BCH is not technically superior to BTC.  And Segwit is crap - the spam transactions stopped so it sort of works but has created less than 10% capacity increase for BTC. Lightning doesn't even exist and won't work. And when that spam kicks up again in late October...

People aren't adopting BCH that fast but that could change in a heartbeat when the SHTF with btc1/Segwit2x and Kore 1x...  It's almost like the market is completely clueless to the potentially giant trainwreck that is only a few weeks away... from what I can tell despite the Kore FUD (Lukejr says Garzik is going to JAIL LOL) and massive Kore troll campaigns, 95% of hashpower is behind 2x, so Kore is basically fired. Garzik looks like a complete corporate/government tool so this doesn't seem good either. Then we'll have all of the replays, exchange labeling fiascoes, and hard fork address confusion.

{off to buy some BCH}

You are bashing the team of brilliant minds that built bitcoin and wrote 99.99% of code in your Bitcoin C(r)ash fork.

The 2X is nothing but attempt to steal Bitcoin entirely by stealing the client code access. The powers behind it figured that it's far easier and million times cheaper to gain control over Bitcoin via sabotage (buying out Garzik and few others), then it is with monopolizing mining power or simply buying up coins.

Trust me, the Core (or "Kore" as you spell it for some reason) know better what solutions to apply for the scaling problem, which is alleviated for now with segwit anyway. Segwit, of course is an engineering solution to the problem (one of many that will follow), not a trivial block increase. And 2X as well as Cash or any other fork "teams" have never been about long term future of Bitcoin or clever engineering in general. They were always about politics and attempts to gain power.
classicsucks

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:20:55 PM

{off to buy some BCH}

You are bashing the team of brilliant minds that built bitcoin and wrote 99.99% of code in your Bitcoin C(r)ash fork.

The 2X is nothing but attempt to steal Bitcoin entirely by stealing the client code access. The powers behind it figured that it's far easier and million times cheaper to gain control over Bitcoin via sabotage (buying out Garzik and few others), then it is with monopolizing mining power or simply buying up coins.

Trust me, the Core (or "Kore" as you spell it for some reason) know better what solutions to apply for the scaling problem, which is alleviated for now with segwit anyway. Segwit, of course is an engineering solution to the problem (one of many that will follow), not a trivial block increase. And 2X as well as Cash or any other fork "teams" have never been about long term future of Bitcoin or clever engineering in general. They were always about politics and attempts to gain power.

No. The current Kore team has very few of the original members who wrote 99% of the code. The current Kore team is the people who ousted the finest devs from Bitcoin development (Satoshi, Gavin, Hearn, Garzik, etc.) with vicious trolling tactics and a cult-like devotion to small blocks and Segwit. In particular Maxwell is a nasty sort of guy - I won't deny that he's a good coder but he is absolutely toxic to the entire scene. Look at my username, I used to be a Kore minion myself, buying in to all of these R3KT campaigns full of personal attacks on devs who didn't tow the Kore party line. Now I read the works of "dissidents" who challenge Segwit/Lightning/small blocks 4ever propaganda, and it's crystal clear how short-sighted and simply wrong these Blockstreamers are.

I agree that 2x is a corporate takeover, why do you think I'm such a Bitcoin Cash fan?  When an open source project gets corrupted by bad people with an inability to make good decisions, it gets forked and improved on by a fresh set of people with renewed idealism. That's the history of open source.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:44:04 PM

$50 par value ~ i'll pay that cuz thats where i saw bitcoinSatoshi make moves  Cool  lol

©2021*MY POSTS ARE STRICTLY FOR NOVELTY AND/OR PRESERVATION/COLLECTING PURPOSES ONLY!*It should not be regarded as investment/trading advice.*advocate to promote sharing and free software for the bitcoin community* #EFF #FSF #XTZ ===> START WITH NOTHING AND BUILD IT INTO SOMETHING!
TeraBite
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 08:50:55 PM

$50 par value ~ i'll pay that cuz thats where i saw bitcoinSatoshi make moves  Cool  lol

You have to wait so long for this moment but I don't think you will get succeed to pick at this value. This coin still has good support than it bounce back soon once the accumulation will be done.

MEGATRON  -  THE RISE OF BLOCKCHAIN REVOLUTION       
                        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER         LAUNCH EVENT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN                 
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 10:19:45 PM

You have to wait so long for this moment but I don't think you will get succeed to pick at this value. This coin still has good support than it bounce back soon once the accumulation will be done.

Yes agree, it seems like it takes a long time and is difficult to achieve, I'm sure the BCH price will not drop under $ 100, this is a good time to invest the price of about $ 300 next year will reach at least $ 1000.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 11, 2017, 11:02:55 PM

Yes agree, it seems like it takes a long time and is difficult to achieve, I'm sure the BCH price will not drop under $ 100, this is a good time to invest the price of about $ 300 next year will reach at least $ 1000.

They were saying that at $600 it wont go below $500 and it's just kept going down but hang in there eventually one of you will get it right 
riils

View Profile
October 11, 2017, 11:28:02 PM

They were saying that at $600 it wont go below $500 and it's just kept going down but hang in there eventually one of you will get it right 

If you remove the mid-august mega-pump / last ditch attack on Bitcoin, and extrapolate the downward slope, we should have been at $0 before October 1st. So we have catching-up to do now  Grin
MartinGandhiKennedy

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 12:17:37 AM

tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 01:09:56 AM

And why would we want to do that segwit fixes most if not all of the outstanding bugs that satoshi was struggling with

Honest question what do you have against segwit ?
riils

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:26:23 AM

And why would we want to do that segwit fixes most if not all of the outstanding bugs that satoshi was struggling with

He probably still uses Windows 95 and hates progress in general.
MartinGandhiKennedy

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 01:48:58 AM
Last edit: October 12, 2017, 02:08:05 AM by MartinGandhiKennedy

Segwit weakens Bitcoin's security model
https://bitcrust.org/blog-incentive-shift-segwit

Risk of SegWit
https://nchain.com/en/blog/risks-of-segregated-witness-mining-cartels/

Dr. Peter Rizun - SegWit Coins are not Bitcoins - Arnhem 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoFb3mcxluY

Didn't SegWit increase the block capacity?
https://www.bitcoincash.org/
Even if used in 100% of transactions, the increase would equate to 1.7MB blocks. Thus, it is a small capacity increase at best. It will not handle exponential growth or worldwide usage. Second, the soft fork implementation results in discardable signatures, which weakens Bitcoin's security model. Third, it makes future capacity increases more difficult due to bandwidth inefficiency and quadratic hashing attacks which SegWit doesn't solve since an attacker isn't forced to use it.

For those (and other) reasons, Bitcoin Cash was necessary as a pre-SegWit fork. Segwit will not be adopted.

8 times Core told people Segwit is a Blocksize Increase
http://archive.is/6DkOY

Small Blocks Destroy Miner Revenue
https://keepingstock.net/an-open-letter-to-bitcoin-miners-c260467e1f0
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 06:41:51 AM

Risk of SegWit

Even if used in 100% of transactions, the increase would equate to 1.7MB blocks. Thus, it is a small capacity increase at best. It will not handle exponential growth or worldwide usage. Second, the soft fork implementation results in discardable signatures, which weakens Bitcoin's security model. Third, it makes future capacity increases more difficult due to bandwidth inefficiency and quadratic hashing attacks which SegWit doesn't solve since an attacker isn't forced to use it.

For those (and other) reasons, Bitcoin Cash was necessary as a pre-SegWit fork. Segwit will not be adopted.

Is that the best you can come up with some BS articles I could come up with a list of articles that list technical reasons on why increasing the blocksize is bad does that make it a valid reason.

on another note looks like the miners have finally thrown in the towel and gave up last block 3 and a half hours ago now just wait for the EDA exploit to fix the profitability for them they only need to trigger a single reduction to keep parity any more and it will be more profitable and back to hyper blocks
classicsucks

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 07:33:52 AM

Risk of SegWit

Is that the best you can come up with some BS articles I could come up with a list of articles that list technical reasons on why increasing the blocksize is bad does that make it a valid reason.

on another note looks like the miners have finally thrown in the towel and gave up last block 3 and a half hours ago now just wait for the EDA exploit to fix the profitability for them they only need to trigger a single reduction to keep parity any more and it will be more profitable and back to hyper blocks

Did you even read tec-bro? You've got a long way to go to fully understand this technology. MartinGandhiKennedy was nice enough to paste you a dump of some pretty well-researched academic work that shoots Segwit full of holes, and you want to reply 10 minutes later that you've still got all the answers? Lrn2google and educate yourself.

Here's a 20 word summary for you: Segwit is 6000 lines of code that will haunt Kore/BTC to the grave. Lightning doesn't exist and won't ever work.

I suggest you adjust your thinking accordingly.

Oh, and BCH hashrate/EDA gaming is fixed. Somebody made an API which allows miners to jump on BCH mining the minute the hashrate drop dramatically - market forces at work...

riils

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 08:39:20 AM

Segwit works. Security is not compromised. Bitcoin is over $5000, everyone's happy, except the bag holders.
Majormax
Legendary

Activity: 2534
Merit: 1129

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 09:31:14 AM

Segwit works. Security is not compromised. Bitcoin is over $5000, everyone's happy, except the bag holders.

Bagholders on which chain ?
riils

View Profile
October 12, 2017, 10:05:34 AM

Bagholders on which chain ?

On the wrong one  Wink
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2017, 10:44:50 AM

Risk of SegWit

Did you even read tec-bro? You've got a long way to go to fully understand this technology. MartinGandhiKennedy was nice enough to paste you a dump of some pretty well-researched academic work that shoots Segwit full of holes, and you want to reply 10 minutes later that you've still got all the answers? Lrn2google and educate yourself.

Here's a 20 word summary for you: Segwit is 6000 lines of code that will haunt Kore/BTC to the grave. Lightning doesn't exist and won't ever work.

I suggest you adjust your thinking accordingly.

Oh, and BCH hashrate/EDA gaming is fixed. Somebody made an API which allows miners to jump on BCH mining the minute the hashrate drop dramatically - market forces at work...

MartinGandhiKennedy on Today at 01:48:58 AM
tekmobile on Today at 06:41:51 AM

Someone needs to learn to read too  Roll Eyes

segwit is in the wild securing a lot of money currently over 10% of all btc transactions are segwit on and has been active on litecoin for years with 0 reported issues

Oh, and BCH hashrate/EDA gaming is fixed. Somebody made an API which allows miners to jump on BCH mining the minute the hashrate drop dramatically

That is not the definition of fixed, fixed would be that they cannot game the system anymore not that they can game it more accurately there are currently talks of removing it altogether
Pages: « 1 ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 [337] 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: