Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:05:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
riils

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 09:58:19 AM

BTW what happened to tek and the other trolls on this thread, are you all done dancing about the BCH dropping to almost 0.05 BTC?

I am also here. Waiting for some kind of dead cat bounce in BCH to create new, even better shorting opportunities Wink
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinPsycho
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 2066

$120000 in 2024 Confirmed

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:31:49 AM

bitcoin up bch down .this coin is dead blah blah blah

i am not sure with ur argument
this probaly because another cloning will come on oct 25th
then take a more btc sell a more bCH
basic logic
No argument. I think we all agee this ALT coin is an embarrassment LMFAO
even j l pickard can't look

$100,000 BTC in one hour
flyx

Activity: 374
Merit: 101

I am a student

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:53:26 PM

What wallet do you recommend for bch except hardware wallet

Donate:
BTC:   bc1q3ghe565af3zq20u05qpm474eu8wsff7tflcfg3
ETH:  0xDFCaFeF24a398FB8AbF4ca363c04C267c45279E5
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:17:11 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 03:28:29 AM by bones261

I don't disagree with your conclusion but your logic seems to be marred by regurgitation of talking points.

ASICBoost is a non-issue and really doesn't increase hashing that much in the current environment. Furthermore, ASICBoost was patented by a KORE DEVELOPER.  Nobody was screaming bloody murder about it when Lerner filed for the AB patent or when he licensed it to Bitmain. Doesn't that make you wonder why they got everybody worked into a frenzy about AB just when they needed Segwit to get rammed thru?

What do you mean ASICboost doesn't increase the hashing rate in the current environment? If you mean the other chain, then that is true. If you mean the Bitcoin Cash Chain, are you stating the 20% increase in hash rate is vastly overstated?

Also if you think for more than one second, Ver and Jihan are pumping hundred of millions into BTC, and probably much less into BCH. Jihan runs the largest BTC mining hardware manufacturer, why wouldn't he be pro-BTC? He likely has millions of his own fortune intrinsically tied up with BTC's fate. Ver was known as "Bitcoin Jesus" for giving away what is now millions of dollars worth of BTC. I think it's safe to say he is pro-BTC.  The only thing they don't like is the Kore team and how they are deliberately crippling BTC with 1MB blocks, Segwit, and RBF, to provide an excuse for Lightning to save the day. Which you should know is such a stupid plan, if you've read any current research on the subject.

Ver probably has the best of intentions. However, Jihan's motivation is to have as much control as possible; not only with the mining aspect but with the direction of future development as well. If he can basically get KORE fired, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to fill the gap. How perfect for him to be able to totally control the destiny of BTC. In the mean time, if he can't accomplish his desire for absolute power on the BTC chain, he has Bitcoin Cash that he can totally control.

Large blocks are not a problem like Kore screamed relentlessly they would be, and fees are 4000x lower on BCH. High fees and a bloated mempool ARE problems on BTC that have real and grave consequences for BTC, that have drastically reduced BTC's crypto market share AND the BTC adoption rate. These are just facts, yet the Kore fanbois (not saying you are one) just keep burying their heads under some more sand every time they are asked to address it.

I happen to know from experience that large blocks can be a problem for casual users. I happen to own a shitcoin that made the mistake of having 30 second blocks. My computer has a hard time keeping up with these blocks because it needs to spend time downloading the new blocks and verifying them. Since most of the blocks on this chain are empty, I can't imagine how difficult it would be for my computer to keep up with blocks that are near capacity. In order for a coin to scale properly on-chain with 10 minute blocks so that it can realistically compete with Visa, you would probably need 1GB blocks. This definitely would exclude a casual user from realistically running a node. It would also make entry for any startups who need to run a node, like a new exchange, more difficult.
PS: I am not running a Raspberry PI.

yeahitsme

Activity: 118
Merit: 11

Growthcoin Developer and Crypto Geek Since 2009

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:25:20 PM

Heard bitpays new one is pretty good

Growthco.in    Staking since 2013
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:30:32 PM

i just recommend coinomi for all my coin
yes , on mobile wallet if asking about it
safe as i know , easy and simple

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 04:29:39 PM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 05:02:22 PM by tekmobile

I don't disagree with your conclusion but your logic seems to be marred by regurgitation of talking points.

ASICBoost is a non-issue and really doesn't increase hashing that much in the current environment. Furthermore, ASICBoost was patented by a KORE DEVELOPER.  Nobody was screaming bloody murder about it when Lerner filed for the AB patent or when he licensed it to Bitmain. Doesn't that make you wonder why they got everybody worked into a frenzy about AB just when they needed Segwit to get rammed thru?

What do you meann ASICboost doesn't increase the hashing rate in the current environment? If you mean the other chain, then that is true. If you mean the Bitcoin Cash Chain, are you stating the 20% increase in hash rate is vastly overstated?

Also if you think for more than one second, Ver and Jihan are pumping hundred of millions into BTC, and probably much less into BCH. Jihan runs the largest BTC mining hardware manufacturer, why wouldn't he be pro-BTC? He likely has millions of his own fortune intrinsically tied up with BTC's fate. Ver was known as "Bitcoin Jesus" for giving away what is now millions of dollars worth of BTC. I think it's safe to say he is pro-BTC.  The only thing they don't like is the Kore team and how they are deliberately crippling BTC with 1MB blocks, Segwit, and RBF, to provide an excuse for Lightning to save the day. Which you should know is such a stupid plan, if you've read any current research on the subject.

Ver probably has the best of intentions. However, Jihan's motivation is to have as much control as possible; not only with the mining aspect but with the direction of future development as well. If he can basically get KORE fired, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to fill the gap. How perfect for him to be able to totally control the destiny of BTC. In the mean time, if he can't accomplish his desire for absolute power on the BTC chain, he has Bitcoin Cash that he can totally control.

Large blocks are not a problem like Kore screamed relentlessly they would be, and fees are 4000x lower on BCH. High fees and a bloated mempool ARE problems on BTC that have real and grave consequences for BTC, that have drastically reduced BTC's crypto market share AND the BTC adoption rate. These are just facts, yet the Kore fanbois (not saying you are one) just keep burying their heads under some more sand every time they are asked to address it.

I happen to know from experience that large blocks can be a problem for casual users. I happen to own a shitcoin that made the mistake of having 30 second blocks. My computer has a hard time keeping up with these blocks, because it needs to spend time downloading the new blocks and verifying them. Since most of the blocks on this chain are empty, I can't imagine how difficult it would be for my computer to keep up with blocks that are near capacity. In order for a coin to properly scale on-chain with 10 minute blocks so that it can realistically compete with Visa, you would probably need 1GB blocks. This definitely would exclude a casual user from realistically running a node. It would also make entry for any start ups who need to run a node, like a new exchange, more difficult.

1GB blocks over the next 10 years would mean needing to download, store and verify over 500 PetaByte that's huge

Even 100MB blocks would be 100 TeraByte over the next 10 years

The 8MB blocks now would be 4 TeraBytes over the next 10 years

And the BTC 1MB blocks would be a measly 500GB over the next 10 years

The above would be true if all blocks were full which can be easily inflated with spam attacks etc that's one of the reason to have smaller capped blocks over unlimited sizes

With a unlimited block size yes it would be cheaper and you could spam the mempool all day long to yourself with 0 fee transactions making the blockchain huge and it would cost you nothing now try the same with a capped block and it's going to cost you a fortune and you may as well just burn your money

Just blindly increasing the blocksize is retarded first you should optimise the storage medium (Segwit>schnorr signature etc) then scale up as needed

flyx

I am a student

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:38:32 PM

I want for laptop

Donate:
player99

Activity: 111
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:44:22 PM
Last edit: November 10, 2017, 05:13:32 PM by player99

Buy and sell is the way to go, nice action on this one.
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 04:49:30 PM

I want for laptop

Full node: Bitcoin ABC
Lite Wallet: Electron Cash
flyx

I am a student

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:27:25 PM

For coinomi  . Just needs to remember phrase and password? What does it means 'export keys' , I didn't get why this function exist when just to know words and password , am i wrong ?

Donate:
rakeapps

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 10:24:43 PM

Both bitcoin cash and bitcoin legacy have advantages and disadvantages. bitcoin cash can scale to mass adoption with peer to peer transaction level worldwide
bitcoin legacy could become a investment vehicle.A lot of institutional money would go into a bitcoin etf.There would be a lot of money in bitcoin legacy but it could not be able to scale like bitcoin cash
bitcoin cash would become the winner because of it,s peer to peer transaction use among people but for bitcoin cash to gain credibility maybe Craig Wright has to prove that he is satoshi if he does this bitcoin cash is going to 50000 dollars in a few months.
Right now bitcoin cash has bad press because people think it,s a broken coin with all the controversy around eda with the same problems as other coins with a broken chain
dawer49

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:18:29 PM

Yes, i agree. But, coinomi just for mobile wallet. And for pc or laptop can use electron cash.

TOKENOMY — TOKEN SALE IN JANUARY 2018
The token revolution starts right here (https://tokenomy.com)
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 02:53:03 AM

bitcoin increase but BCH is down. what happened with bitcoin cash
we hope the price will be increase too like bitcoin. hold for the long term

You're a hero member, and you're still surprised to see non-Bitcoin coins going down when Bitcoin is going up? That's funny  Cheesy

lol..bch is closer to her virtual value than btc of hers..bitcoin bubble/bch laugh loud
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:45:01 AM

What do you mean ASICboost doesn't increase the hashing rate in the current environment? If you mean the other chain, then that is true. If you mean the Bitcoin Cash Chain, are you stating the 20% increase in hash rate is vastly overstated?

So let's say somebody is getting 20% more hashing done than somebody else. Can't the other guy just use ASICBoost as well? It's not like anybody gives 2 f*cks in China about a USA patent... Or, if they want to "play by the book", they just buy 20% more miners. It's just not anything to get all worried about. And who is doing the hashing is not that big of a deal unless it's all one person. Jihan Wu runs a mining pool and doesn't own all of that hashpower anymore so than any other pool operator. And again, it would be completely against his self-interest to "rock the boat" and do a 51% attack on BTC or whatever. He just wants bigger blocks so miners can mine more transactions and make more money. Kore wants small blocks 4ever to force Lightning and their patented tech down everyones' throats. I don't want that crap and most people I respect agree with that viewpoint.

I still don't see what there is to control, the blocksize? What would it mean if Jihan Wu completely controlled a coin (likely it would be a worthless coin)? Again, Kore is sabotaging the original plan to scale Bitcoin so they can run their lame scheme on top of Bitcoin (THAT would qualify as controlling Bitcoin to me...). This has been agonizing to watch, and it won't work. A potential $500 billion market cap is being hamstrung by just $75 million which was invested in Blockstream by Silbert and DCG. There is so much pressure building for greater capacity and speed, and Kore just sits there with their thumbs up their asses saying "no" to everyone, like big babies!

I happen to know from experience that large blocks can be a problem for casual users. I happen to own a shitcoin that made the mistake of having 30 second blocks. My computer has a hard time keeping up with these blocks because it needs to spend time downloading the new blocks and verifying them. Since most of the blocks on this chain are empty, I can't imagine how difficult it would be for my computer to keep up with blocks that are near capacity. In order for a coin to scale properly on-chain with 10 minute blocks so that it can realistically compete with Visa, you would probably need 1GB blocks. This definitely would exclude a casual user from realistically running a node. It would also make entry for any startups who need to run a node, like a new exchange, more difficult.

Thanks for not running a RasPi. Sure, there are circumstances when you might need to rent a $10/mo VPS to get good performance syncing several 8-32MB blockchains. Big deal. And all of the hand-wringing about "ehrmagerd, blockchain will be 5000 Terabytes in 10 years" - get over it. Prune your blockchain, buy a bigger hard drive, or use an SPV wallet. Yes, it's annoying to have a huge blockchain but the problem can easily be solved in the next 10 years before anyone is adversely impacted.

Tek, good to see you back. You came in right on time to scream about the big blocks.
mindrust
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 2417

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:49:24 AM

Dr. Wright does not prove that he is indeed the real Satoshi, BCH will live an alternative coin.

Dr. Wright, lol. Don't call that piece of shit doctor, he doesn't deserve it. Can't you tell that he is a crook just by looking at his face?

.BLACKJACK ♠ FUN.
█████████
██████████████
████████████
█████████████████
████████████████▄▄
░█████████████▀░▀▀
██████████████████
░██████████████
████████████████
░██████████████
████████████
███████████████░██
██████████
CRYPTO CASINO &
SPORTS BETTING
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
▀███████████████▀
█████████
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:09:25 AM

Right now bitcoin cash has bad press because people think it,s a broken coin with all the controversy around eda with the same problems as other coins with a broken chain

Dude the people buying cryptos right now don't even know what a blockchain is, say nothing of what Segwit or EDA even are. BCH is an insider coin that is a hedge against the BTC fork, plain and simple. It could very well be big BTC holders shorting the BCH down to do a big buy before the fork.

I picked some BCH up at 0.05BTC, and I'm fairly confident I'll see some upside in November...
serby10101010001100010

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:16:17 AM

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/915560704513585153

We’ve been warned about those who oppose the free market and want to centrally plan the amount of block space produced.

This is Invisible Hand at its finest: "By virtue of exchange, one man's prosperity is beneficial to all others." Frédéric Bastiat.

https://twitter.com/rogerkver/status/921761513060253697

Bitcoin would likely already be over $10,000 each if not for the economic ignorance of Core’s full block policy.

ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:48:41 AM

Dude the people buying cryptos right now don't even know what a blockchain is, say nothing of what Segwit or EDA even are. BCH is an insider coin that is a hedge against the BTC fork, plain and simple. It could very well be big BTC holders shorting the BCH down to do a big buy before the fork.

I picked some BCH up at 0.05BTC, and I'm fairly confident I'll see some upside in November...

you look optimistic with it,
but do not you realize that there is BTCG that will come out in a few days
I think, u too fast to say some upside will come in November.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
serby10101010001100010

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 10:54:38 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-cash-community-preps-for-a-hard-fork-slated-for-november-13/

Get your facts right: "We are removing and adding extreme amounts of hashpower (such as 95%) and then we observe how the difficulty actually adjusts with the new code. In addition, the individual developers of the new algorithms have performed their own simulations and there are comparisons being run for different scenarios."
Pages: « 1 ... 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 [352] 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: