Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 04:35:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703566 times)
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1826

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 08:37:36 PM

will bitmain only accept bch for miners ?

At the moment it seems that they only accept bitcoin cash

I see on their site they accept btc ltc dash and bch

Read the fine print: Under payment section item 4 for their latest batch of L3 miners. BCC only accepted for the latest batch.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=00020171012101234461U4tES2cP065E

Same language for latest batch of S9 miners.

https://shop.bitmain.com/productDetail.htm?pid=000201709281019141777wvS8I1g068C

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Infinum

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:13:18 PM

This stupid EDA is killing Bitcoin Cash.

Any news on when will it be removed?
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:16:24 PM

i'm pretty sure they'll have to hard fork it to remove it. so they'll do it when we're ready for bitcoin cash classic to thrive alongside bitcoin cash. it's gonna be cool.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:28:34 PM

hallo
antmainer s9 mining bcc or no??

yes, on Suprnova!

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:29:24 PM

hallo
antmainer s9 mining bcc or no??

Yes, if you have a s9 miner, you can mine BCC by pointing it to the right pool. If you mean Hashnest, no; you can only mine BTC with the cloud mining. Come November, we will see if Hashnest S9 will mine on original chain or Segwit 2x.

yes, on Suprnova!

winding-coils

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 10:30:04 PM

Are you sure? Wouldn't it be dead if this were the case? On one side we have a case being made that miners are "gaming the system" yet others and even the same claim that the EDA is "broken."

How are we not sure the EDA isn't meant to be in place come November, when BT2 and BTC will fight for hash, and then the EDA can be manipulated to entice hash towards Cash?

I hope BTC has a lot of hash that will stand behind them or they might be left with a parabolic mempool.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 11:47:27 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 11:58:30 PM by bones261

Are you sure? Wouldn't it be dead if this were the case? On one side we have a case being made that miners are "gaming the system" yet others and even the same claim that the EDA is "broken."

How are we not sure the EDA isn't meant to be in place come November, when BT2 and BTC will fight for hash, and then the EDA can be manipulated to entice hash towards Cash?

I hope BTC has a lot of hash that will stand behind them or they might be left with a parabolic mempool.

Here is the problem with the way the EDA is playing out. If you get into a situation where the difficulty is too low, and the attracted hash is too high, you end up getting blocks that are way less than 1 minute. The faster the blocks come, the more likely the network will become a mire of orphans and reorgs. Furthermore, in order for a pool to start including transactions in a block, they need to verify the validity of all the transaction of the blocks beforehand. With the EDA, you can get into a situation where you have extremely slow blocks followed by a period of extremely fast blocks with little or no transactions.

EDA is there to prevent a death spiral and the destruction of the coin.

Removing it would be stupid.

You want the EDA to be activated less frequently , then buy a warehouse full of ASICS and run it 24x7 to keep the difficulty from dropping.

It is a superior design to segwitcoin 1MB (just waiting for a death spiral coin).

EDA is there for a technical infrastructure reason and so it should remain.

╥Aztek

There are so many other solutions to this "death spiral" problem. There is Digishield, Dark Gravity Wave and many other retarget algos to chose from. There is also merged mining. The EDA has already shown that it falls way short of having relatively consistent and reliable block times.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:30:02 AM

There are so many other solutions to this "death spiral" problem. There is Digishield, Dark Gravity Wave and many other retarget algos to chose from. There is also merged mining. The EDA has already shown that it falls way short of having relatively consistent and reliable block times.

You seem to be under the impression , that your imagination gets to set the standard for the block times. You Don't.

The Block Time is set by the miners and the EDA makes certain, their greed does not freeze the coin network.
It recognizes miners are profit based, and does not pretend their coin is a religion like segcrap.
So until things stabilize , sometimes it runs faster than normal , other times maybe only 1 or 2 per hour.
But here is the rub, one 8MB bitcoin cash block per hour still exceeds the segwit 1mb coin 6 blocks per hour standard transaction capacity.

No changes required, don't like the EDA , then over paid to use segshit coin, I don't care if you like throwing your money away.
But I am more frugal with mine and won't waste it.

EDA works, which will become even more apparent in Dec.

╥Aztek

My other solutions would have worked much better. If Bitcoin Cash went with Digishield or Dark Gravity Wave, Bitcoin Cash would have already had a nice stable network with many happy, devoted miners plugging away.
Infinum

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:36:30 AM

With the EDA, you can get into a situation where you have extremely slow blocks followed by a period of extremely fast blocks with little or no transactions.
Exactly and it is not a possibility - it actually happens quite often.

EDA is there to prevent a death spiral and the destruction of the coin.

It is not preventing it - it is accelerating the death spiral by inflating away the block reward.

EDA is there for a technical infrastructure reason and so it should remain.

ETH and ETC have the same infrastructure and they both live with their respective price levels. The asymmetric, artificial, pro-cyclic nature of Bitcoin Cash's EDA makes price stabilization more difficult and the network is quite often left non-functional i.e. without any new blocks for hours.

Give the man a cookie! EDA destroys trust in the near-constant block times - one look at block explorer shows how uneven the block distribution is after retarget.

EDA messes up the block times, burns through the block reward, destabilizes the network and hence puts additional downward pressure on the price.

Just look at https://fork.lol/ - Bitcoin Cash has the most stable profitability when it is adjusted using the classic retarget algo - once EDA kicks in, after some time, the coin ends up with lower profitability than before retarget. It is a moronic algo that kills BCC and it is evident from the graphs.
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 12:54:43 AM

EDA is easier to predict since it cover a larger group of blocks.
Your above picks reset the difficulty per block and would make the system even more erratic and less consistent / predictable.

Lets be honest the only ones frighten of the EDA are segshit supporters, as it means miners quit supporting their false religion segcrapcoin and mine for profit.

Funny , how everyone wants Bitcoin Cash to change their design , and no one seems to care shitwigcoin has Zero protections from a difficulty induced death spiral.

Bitcoin Cash the Real Bitcoin is fine, no changes to the EDA are needed.  The same cannot be said for shitwigcoin and the death spiral vulnerability they refuse to fix.

╥Aztek

Fine, Bitcoin Cash is practically perfect in every way.  Roll Eyes No need to improve it at all! Have fun going to the moon in this rocket. Grin
BTW: In reality Bitcoin Cash with its EDA is more like a patient in the ICU being tended by nurses, (The magical mystery miners and BTC.top farm) than a healthy young athlete at the peak of their career. Hope you don't have too much of your holdings sunk into this boondoggle. You may find yourself getting totally REKT!
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2017, 12:55:49 AM

You seem to be under the impression , that your imagination gets to set the standard for the block times. You Don't.

The Block Time is set by the miners and the EDA makes certain, their greed does not freeze the coin network.
It recognizes miners are profit based, and does not pretend their coin is a religion like segcrap.
So until things stabilize , sometimes it runs faster than normal , other times maybe only 1 or 2 per hour.
But here is the rub, one 8MB bitcoin cash block per hour still exceeds the segwit 1mb coin 6 blocks per hour standard transaction capacity.

No changes required, don't like the EDA , then over paid to use segshit coin, I don't care if you like throwing your money away.
But I am more frugal with mine and won't waste it.

EDA works, which will become even more apparent in Dec.

╥Aztek

My other solutions would have worked much better. If Bitcoin Cash went with Digishield or Dark Gravity Wave, Bitcoin Cash would have already had a nice stable network with many happy, devoted miners plugging away.

EDA is easier to predict since it cover a larger group of blocks.
Your above picks reset the difficulty per block and would make the system even more erratic and less consistent / predictable.

Lets be honest the only ones frighten of the EDA are segshit supporters, as it means miners quit supporting their false religion segcrapcoin and mine for profit.

Funny , how everyone wants Bitcoin Cash to change their design , and no one seems to care shitwigcoin has Zero protections from a difficulty induced death spiral.

Bitcoin Cash the Real Bitcoin is fine, no changes to the EDA are needed.  The same cannot be said for shitwigcoin and the death spiral vulnerability they refuse to fix.

╥Aztek

https://news.bitcoin.com/the-bitcoin-cash-community-debates-future-difficulty-adjustments/

However, the BCH community and the project’s developers are in the midst of a debate regarding removing the Emergency Difficulty Adjustment (EDA),

One solution is completely removing the EDA and letting BCH deal with the legacy BTC adjustment period; which has worked for bitcoin throughout the years.  Zander emphasizes, “the BTC chain is not really hurting from BCHs existence — The algorithm works, and eventually we should revert to that — It’s not broken, so why fix it?” However, the Bitcoin Classic developer understands that some people think the EDA is necessary and if that’s the case, Zander believes, “we need to fix it if we want to keep it — the current situation is very damaging

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:08:54 AM

Funny how you are so concerned with Bitcoin Cash Design which is superior to segshitcoin in multiple ways, but refuse to even admit how segshitcoin is vulnerable to the very thing the EDA protects Bitcoin Cash from.

Maybe you should contact ShitCore and tell them to setup DGW or Digishield before they die in a death spiral, since that is where you are going to lose your money if they don't.

My money is with Bitcoin Cash (The Real Bitcoin) , so I don't care if segshitcoin dies in a death spiral.

@tekmobile,
No one here is listening to you, where is your concern segshitcoin is vulnerable to a death spiral.
Have you talked to ShitCore devs or do you only spend your time trying to trick a superior coin into removing its superior code.

╥Aztek

Segwit coin "bagholders."

Bitcoin Cash "bagholders."

bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 01:41:30 AM

@bones261   Cheesy

You think the coin that has a software code (EDA) protecting it from a death spiral is the one sticking it's head in the sand.

Your confusion knows no bounds.  (Be careful your shill is showing.)

Backwards U  R.

What code is protecting segshitcoin from a death spiral if the majority of miners switch to Cash & segshit 2x.

Nothing and you don't see a problem with that.  I see a problem with your ability to reason if that is the case.

But that is the problem when you follow a coin as a religion instead of as a technology.

╥Aztek

I'm following Segwit coin like a religion? That's rich.  Roll Eyes Have you checked out my posting statistics? A vast majority of my posts are in the Altcoin announcement section. I'm hardly a bitcoin maximalist.  Roll Eyes I'm all for coming up with better ways to implement the blockchain technology. However, in the end, the EDA does not appear to be the philosophers stone that somehow turns the lead-like Segwit retarget strategy into a golden retarget strategy. It's more like turning lead into shit.  Grin
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:07:41 AM

I am very interested in the amount of fud in this forum. It is becoming more and more evident that there are people who dedicate themselves exclusively to this. That is to say an army of trolls that is dedicated to discredit everything that is not bitcoin hooded core, or paypal segwit.
It's really incredible, it must be true that they work from this and therefore spend so much time.

Just check the last posts of certain users to realize the amount of comments they make against btc cash or gold, and change as they praise the false goodness of segwit / core / paypal.

Either that, or they have a serious personality problem and are easily manipulated.

I lean for the first, salaried trolls paid by the business and financial elite.

I consider myself pro bitcoin cash for a simple reason, made for and by the people.

The fact that a merchant can not accept bitcoin core due to tariffs or transaction delays seems to me alarming and very disturbing. If you want to load bitcoin I can not think of a better way. I guess when it comes to the elite that's just what they want
Smiley gd post
oh and Hi serby, toot toot (owl sound i think lols)

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bones261
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:08:21 AM

I'm following Segwit coin like a religion? That's rich.  Roll Eyes Have you checked out my posting statistics? A vast majority of my posts are in the Altcoin announcement section. I'm hardly a bitcoin maximalist.  Roll Eyes I'm all for coming up with better ways to implement the blockchain technology. However, in the end, the EDA does not appear to be the philosophers stone that somehow turns the lead-like Segwit retarget strategy into a golden retarget strategy. It's more like turning lead into shit.  Grin

Why are you so afraid of the EDA?

It is nothing more than a safety net designed to protect the coin.

Are Miners milking it for profit , duh yeah , it is what they are in business to do , make profit.
Is it a big deal , no it is not a big deal.
They earn more of their rewards now and if they are dumb enough to sell it at the current prices , well they are doing others a favor and their-selves a disservice.

At some point in time , the EDA will not be needed, but it is like the airbag in your car, 
removing it so it is not there when you do need it is Stupid.

╥Aztek

EDA is like an airbag in need of a recall. I'm not suggesting "removing" the airbag. I'm suggesting fixing and replacing it. Call it my EDA repeal and replace plan.  Cheesy Too bad that I don't know shit about coding. I'd be submitting my pull request to the Bitcoin Cash github right now with a Digishield upgrade.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 02:12:11 AM

Why are you so afraid of the EDA?

It is nothing more than a safety net designed to protect the coin.

Are Miners milking it for profit , duh yeah , it is what they are in business to do , make profit.
Is it a big deal , no it is not a big deal.
They earn more of their rewards now and if they are dumb enough to sell it at the current prices , well they are doing others a favor and their-selves a disservice.

At some point in time , the EDA will not be needed, but it is like the airbag in your car, 
removing it so it is not there when you do need it is Stupid.

╥Aztek

EDA is like an airbag in need of a recall. I'm not suggesting "removing" the airbag. I'm suggesting fixing and replacing it. Call it my EDA repeal and replace plan.  Cheesy Too bad that I don't know shit about coding. I'd be submitting my pull request to the Bitcoin Cash github right now with a Digishield upgrade.
no idea whats goin on with you two lols,
 i like aztec and bones...
i respect both you guys..
i dont think bones is a full on bch hater lol or maxilmist  Smiley 

tek is the only one along with a few other noobies...but even tek contributes the odd honest opinion. Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 06:57:00 AM

Aztek has a valid point about the coin death spiral phenomenon. If Kore doesn't compromise before the 2x fork, 1x BTC may well go into a coin death spiral. Basically hash rate declines rapidly, no blocks are mined, the mempool completely fills, and no transactions are possible. If no block is mined for an arbitrary time (probably 2 weeks to a month), the coin is DEAD. It has no value anymore because no one can transact on it.

Ironic that everyone here is FUDding so hard about BCH's EDA. Basically it's causing hashrate fluctuations and occasional long block intervals. As someone pointed out, BCH's capacity is still higher than Segwit even if there is only a block every 90 minutes!

BTC suffers from a fatal flaw that has been known about for years (rapid drop in hashrate causing death spiral), yet people aren't even discussing it!
serby10101010001100010

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:09:46 AM

I am very interested in the amount of fud in this forum. It is becoming more and more evident that there are people who dedicate themselves exclusively to this. That is to say an army of trolls that is dedicated to discredit everything that is not bitcoin hooded core, or paypal segwit.
It's really incredible, it must be true that they work from this and therefore spend so much time.

Just check the last posts of certain users to realize the amount of comments they make against btc cash or gold, and change as they praise the false goodness of segwit / core / paypal.

Either that, or they have a serious personality problem and are easily manipulated.

I lean for the first, salaried trolls paid by the business and financial elite.

I consider myself pro bitcoin cash for a simple reason, made for and by the people.

The fact that a merchant can not accept bitcoin core due to tariffs or transaction delays seems to me alarming and very disturbing. If you want to load bitcoin I can not think of a better way. I guess when it comes to the elite that's just what they want
Smiley gd post
oh and Hi serby, toot toot (owl sound i think lols)

I hear owls see well in the dark, lol
classicsucks

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 07:50:24 AM

BTC suffers from a fatal flaw that has been known about for years (rapid drop in hashrate causing death spiral), yet people aren't even discussing it!

You are correct:  BTC .AND. BCH suffers from the same fatal flaw (they have the same mom and pop...).  But you can argue that BTC suffers more than BCH.  Even if BCH has EDA, if enough hash rate doesn't migrate to BCH, even EDA can't help.  EDA needs a minimum hash rate to trigger.  Worse, because BCH is a SHA256 coin, and currently BCH is about 5% of BTC hash rate, it makes BCH even more vulnerable to the yo-yo coin syndrome (ref: UNO), as we seen before.  As the price will go down even further - maybe to 1% levels; the spikes will be even more pronounced.   Therefore, BCH EDA is doomed (and was a butched coding job in the first place!).

No. BTC has to wait 2016 blocks if hashrate drops. That means it could simply stop working if 95% of hashrate dropped out. No blocks for 1 month, boom, gone.

BCH hashrate could go down to 1Ph in seconds and be fine - the EDA saves the coin from the death spiral phenomenon. There is a possiblilty to 51% attack if hashrate is that low, but that's a different attack vector.

The BCH price is not correlated to EDA - that's silly. If the price keeps dropping, hashrate fluctuations will DECREASE (logic). 
David48l

Activity: 600

View Profile
October 15, 2017, 09:08:20 AM

Aztek has a valid point about the coin death spiral phenomenon. If Kore doesn't compromise before the 2x fork, 1x BTC may well go into a coin death spiral. Basically hash rate declines rapidly, no blocks are mined, the mempool completely fills, and no transactions are possible. If no block is mined for an arbitrary time (probably 2 weeks to a month), the coin is DEAD. It has no value anymore because no one can transact on it.

Ironic that everyone here is FUDding so hard about BCH's EDA. Basically it's causing hashrate fluctuations and occasional long block intervals. As someone pointed out, BCH's capacity is still higher than Segwit even if there is only a block every 90 minutes!

The reason is that this forum is full of core fud soldiers.

It is alarmingly stupid to see how people here right to discredit btc cash, if they are not core soldiers then they have a serious problem of personal frustrations.

They should be celebrating the price of bitcoin core / paypal instead of criticizing btcash. It's really pathetic, I've never been to the core forum to do shit

BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN, BITCOIN SEGWIT IS PAYPAL
Pages: « 1 ... 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 [345] 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: