Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:29:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703598 times)
c_heymann

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:52:50 PM

What is this?  Still confused about this new coin. This is new script? Another shitcoin is it? How you can be so sure this bcc will equal 1:1 to btc? Just wondering ,I will not hesitate to buy few bcc if they really worth after 1 August

It's hard fork, so whatever you hold on 1st aug before hard fork you will equal amount of coins.
But there is procedure to get those coins you will not gonna get those coins without doing some work with your private keys.
HA!
Realy Grin
So what about exchanges which hold you private keys? You will get free BCC especialy in china Smiley
I can bet on that what about you?

Some of exchange agree to give BCC after fork but mostly denied that they can't support it. If you want to get your BCC move your coins where you can hold your private keys so you can claim your BCC later.

Could you be more specific about exchanges?
Which one agreed and which one denied?
secondly if i have 1 BTC and happen to have account on exchange which will give me one BCC after spending ONE BCC GIVEN HOW MANY BTC will i have
Simple answer please 0 or 1 BTC
Thanks

1...everyone saying something else did not understand how blockchains work. BTC and BCC will be two different chains, totally independent.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:55:25 PM

Are you dev or something? or a  Guru with 0 POSTS Shocked
Every one is judging dude that is all. So i word from BCC dev is welcome Wink
Why are they so silent? too busy to fix bugs before 1 of august Grin

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
GaleRecoN

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:57:38 PM

Their website explains this.

The hard fork will be a split from the original Bitcoin chain however the original chain will still continue. Making two separate chains. Now if you have 10 BTC in your private wallet with your private keys, at means you have that amount of BTC on the original chain. In order to get BCC, you will have to get the BCC wallet that supports the new (hard forked) chain. You will need to get your private keys that hold your 10 BTC and import into your new BCC wallet. It would be wise to move your BTC funds before importing your private keys. When you import, the new wallet will read the balance of your private key (10) and provide you with an equivalent amount or 10 BCC (1BTC:1BCC). You will then have the same exact BTC balance (10) in your BTC wallet as you did before and that same amount of BCC (10) in your new wallet.

If you had 10 BTC before, you will then have 10 BTC in your old wallet and 10 BCC in your new wallet. You can do what you please with the BCC.

Seems like both will be supported and used for the time being.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's my understanding. Also, same exact thing happened to Zclassic and ZenCash.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 12:59:44 PM

------
You can do what you please with the BCC.
------
Is this part based on your judgment or what? Are you going to put on risk your 10 BTC based on your understandig?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Amalker

Activity: 826
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:00:48 PM

Let say I have 10 btc now in my own wallet , then on 1 august  I got 10 Bitcoin Cash right ? at that tim bcc value $200 , so if i sell my 10 bcc that means i sell my btc too at $200 ? then i lose my both coin just for $2000 , am i wrong ?
yeswepump already post above a solution how to save your BTC and get BCC in Electrum wallet - https://electrum.org/bcc.txt
Would you be so kind to enlighten me what will happen if i spent one of the above mentioned BCC? In general i am having 10 BTC. Using your method i convert and i have 10 BTC and 10 BCC correct?
I spent 1 BCC then question is how many BTC will i have 10 or 9? Simple as that
Could you answer me pls. Please do it simple we need just one digit 10 or 9 ?
Judging the "Statement regarding Bitcoin Cash and Electrum", then you will have 10 BTC on Electrum wallet#1 and 9 BCC on Electrum wallet#2.
Judging Huh It will be much more easier if Bitcoin Cash and Electrum devs give a simple answer for ordinary people do you think so?

Judging on majority Judgments i can tell that a lot of people will burn out... Smiley
Electrum devs already post "Statement regarding Bitcoin Cash and Electrum" to explain the situation with BTC and BCC.
Statement regarding Bitcoin Cash and Electrum
=============================================

July 26th, 2017.

Electrum is a Bitcoin wallet created by Thomas Voegtlin in 2011.
Electrum is distributed by Electrum Technologies GmbH, a company
registered in Germany, using the website https://electrum.org

Multiple chain validation
-------------------------

Electrum is a SPV wallet, which means that it verifies and stores a
sequence of block headers sent by the Bitcoin network, and uses these
headers to verify that transactions are in the Bitcoin blockchain.

A new feature in Electrum 2.9 is Multiple Chain Validation
(MCV). Instead of validating a single sequence of block headers,
Electrum 2.9 validates a tree of headers, sent by Electrum servers
that may follow different branches of a fork in the Bitcoin
blockchain.

The purpose of MCV is to detect blockchain forks that would otherwise
be invisible to the classical SPV model, and to let users choose
between branches of such a fork. In particular, this feature has been
designed to deal with the BIP148 soft fork, or the Segwit2x block size
increase.

However, 'Multiple Chain Validation' still includes 'Validation'. In
particular, it assumes that both branches of a fork are valid from the
perspective of a SPV wallet, because they both follow the Bitcoin
rules.

Bitcoin Cash (BCC) is a hard fork that changes the difficulty rules of
Bitcoin. Therefore, SPV wallets written for Bitcoin will reject the
block headers of a BCC fork, and so will Electrum. This means that
Electrum will reject block headers sent by Electrum server running
Bitcoin Cash, and that users will not be able to send and receive BCC
using Electrum.

Would it be possible to add support for Bitcoin Cash in Electrum?
-----------------------------------------------------------------

It would be possible to support BCC in Electrum, by modifying the
difficulty rules we use for block headers validation, and the
transaction creation rules. There are already forks of Electrum doing
that.

However, the headers validation rules of BCC are strictly less secure
than those of Bitcoin. Therefore, it would not be possible to use the
same rules for both chains in Electrum, without significantly lowering
the security of validation of legit Bitcoin transactions.

Thus, in order to safely support both Bitcoin and BCC in the same
Electrum client, one would need to implement two separate sets of
headers validation rules. This is clearly out of the scope of multiple
chain validation. Again, the purpose of MCV is to protect users from
blockchain forks that are not detectable by the classical SPV model,
such as a block size increase.

How to redeem my BCC?
---------------------

BCC wallets will require you to import your seed or your private keys,
which can be exported from Electrum. Doing so will expose all your
Bitcoin funds associated with that seed to the BCC wallet you decide
to use.

Therefore, *after* the BCC fork, but *before* you enter a seed or
private key in a BCC wallet, you should move all your funds to a new
Electrum wallet, with a new seed. You will still be able to use the
old seed or private key with BCC, because BCC has replay
protection. Wait until your funds are confirmed in your new Bitcoin
wallet, before you enter the old private key in a BCC wallet. This
will protect your BTC funds from rogue/untrusted software.

About Electrum Cash
-------------------

The name "Electrum" has been visible on bitcoincash.org and
electrumcash.org, with a modified version of our logo. The use of our
name and logo constitutes a trademark infringement.

We have never enforced our trademark against altcoin versions of
Electrum (such as Litecoin, etc), because we consider that users of
these altcoins are well aware of the distinction between Bitcoin and
their coin, and that they cannot be harmed by that confusion. However,
we do not agree with the use of the Electrum name in the context of a
Bitcoin fork, because it suggests that we endorse that fork, and that
we also endorse that wallet.

We reserve ourselves the right to use the name Electrum for a Bitcoin
Cash wallet, should we decide to publish one in the future.
And they answer how to save your BTC.
GaleRecoN

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:04:04 PM

------
------
Is this part based on your judgment or what? Are you going to put on risk your 10 BTC based on your understandig?

I can't tell people what to do with their balance. It's up to them to decide what to do with it. I was explaining how to get the BCC balance after the hard fork.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:05:02 PM

No they do not. Sorry.....
everyone is free to do whatever he wants.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:06:23 PM

------
------

I can't tell people what to do with their balance. It's up to them to decide what to do with it. I was explaining how to get the BCC balance after the hard fork.
Can you tell how decreasing their BCC balance affects their BTC balance? That is main question...

GaleRecoN

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:09:04 PM

------
------

Can you tell how decreasing their BCC balance affects their BTC balance? That is main question...

Spending your BCC should have no affect on your BTC balance. BTC and BCC should be in two different locations and the only currency affected will be the key containing the currency you want to spend/transfer.

Like I said. They will be two separate chains. Meaning they will work independently from one another. Treat them as two separate currencies.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:13:02 PM

------
------

Spending your BCC should have no affect on your BTC balance. BTC and BCC should be in two different locations and the only currency affected will be the key containing the currency you want to spend/transfer.

Like I said. They will be two separate chains. Meaning they will work independently from one another. Treat them as two separate currencies.

should?
Look i am not native english speaker but as long as i remember from my english lessons about 30 years ago when someone is not quite certain he uses should could would or whatever. There is a different way to express 100% certainty. Correct?
Can you make a statement with 100% certainty? YES/NO

clixcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:15:47 PM

I don't understand why people taking this clone so serious we all aware of this it has no future mostly people will dump so quickly right after fork. I also ready to do this when this event will happen because I have faith only in bitcoin.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:16:53 PM

At the end let us imagine that you are correct and spending BCC will not affect your BTC balance. What is the feature of the coin when everybody will dump their free BCC IMMEDIATELY to get a buck ? Do not tell me that someone will hold that is not the case and you know it Grin

Kwelstr

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

I've got amazing powers of observation

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:18:20 PM

Wow, there are lots of very confused people in this thread!

http://damiontrombley.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/Fork-In-the-road.jpg

It is a fork, both will have the same historic blockchain, after the split they both go separate ways. If you had bitcoin before the fork, you will have it after on BOTH chains... questions?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

BitCore has a free airdrop every Monday. Get your free BTX!
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:20:32 PM

It is a fork, both will have the same historic blockchain, after the split they both go separate ways. If you had bitcoin before the fork, you will have it after on BOTH chains... questions?

How about the statement that every valid BTC transaction (after split/fork) will be valid in BCC chain also Grin
How about that after a split your wallet will be able to generate valid transactions for both chains Grin
Any questions  Grin

BitUsher
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1034

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:21:38 PM

https://medium.com/@Bixin/bixin-plans-to-share-giveaways-that-worth-more-than-10m-usd-and-calls-to-prevent-the-replay-attack-7e1de72466fb

https://blog.bitrefill.com/bitrefill-statement-on-bitcoin-cash-8d74f398007c

Bitrefill and Bixincom will sell BCC for BTC automatically for their clients , adding it to user BTC balances.

----------------------

Embarrassing interview about Roger Ver talking about Bitcoin Cash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KFCc8xBD6Q

He still is spreading lies and conspiracy theories as usual.

----------------------

BCC will also be incompatible with all existing bitcoin libraries python, c#, java, bcoin, ect... because it is not backward compatible.

Kwelstr

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:23:04 PM

How about the statement that every valid BTC transaction (after split/fork) will be valid in BCC chain also Grin
Any questions  Grin

That statement has no validity, they wont be valid on both chains, just as if you travel the road to the left you wont be traveling the road to the right at the same time.

More questions? :/

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:25:22 PM

Any questions  Grin

That statement has no validity, they wont be valid on both chains, just as if you travel the road to the left you wont be traveling the road to the right at the same time.

This:
If your statement is true that shall mean that after fork generated mined bitcoins after 1 of august wont be convertible right Grin Oh wait where the hell 1:1 free conversion went Grin Are they lying ir just not telling whole truth Huh
How about that after a split your wallet will be able to generate valid transactions for both chains Grin

Kwelstr

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:27:39 PM

Any questions  Grin

This:
If your statement is true that shall mean that after fork generated mined bitcoins after 1 of august will no be convertible right Grin

Ok, I give up. Have fun come August guys!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Wexlike
Legendary

Activity: 1473
Merit: 1086

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:27:51 PM

Just be sure that there is replay protection involved in your BCC transactions and you are free to spend your airdrop coins wherever you want.

@Ioshia Post less if you don't understand the technicals.
ruptan

Activity: 491
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2017, 01:27:51 PM

Here is an article in NY Times about Bitcoin Cash. Enjoy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/business/dealbook/bitcoin-cash-split.html

BitSend ◢◤Clients | Source
www.bitsend.info
█▄
█████▄
████████▄
███████████▄
██████████████
███████████▀
████████▀
█████▀
█▀

Segwit | Core 0.14 | Masternodes
XEVAN | DK3 | Electrum soon
Bitcore - BTX/BTC -Project

BSD -USDT | Bittrex | C.Gather | S.Exchange
Cryptopia | NovaExchange | Livecoin
Litebit.eu | Faucet | Bitsend Airdrop

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████

████
 ████
  ████
   ████
    ████
     ████
      ████
       ████
        ████
       ████
      ████
     ████
    ████
   ████
  ████
 ████
████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: