Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:09:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703574 times)
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:22:28 AM

David Farmer, communications director at Coinbase, officially announced that Coinbase will integrate Bitcoin Cash (BCH) support by January of 2018, crediting all bitcoin account holders that have had stored bitcoin on Coinbase prior to the August 1 hard fork.

Farmer stated:

We are planning to have support for bitcoin cash by January 1, 2018, Smiley
 assuming no additional risks emerge during that time.  Undecided
Once supported,  Grin
 customers will be able to withdraw bitcoin cash.  Smiley
We’ll make a determination at a later date about adding trading support. Grin
 In the meantime, customer bitcoin cash will remain safely stored on Coinbase.  Grin

With big emphasis on this bit

customers will be able to withdraw bitcoin cash

We’ll make a determination at a later date about adding trading support

meaning you can get you bch but you cannot use it with us
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:23:38 AM

David Farmer, communications director at Coinbase, officially announced that Coinbase will integrate Bitcoin Cash (BCH) support by January of 2018, crediting all bitcoin account holders that have had stored bitcoin on Coinbase prior to the August 1 hard fork.

Farmer stated:

Once supported,  Grin
 In the meantime, customer bitcoin cash will remain safely stored on Coinbase.  Grin

customers will be able to withdraw bitcoin cash Grin

Grin
meaning you can get you bch but you cannot use it with us (i added this for you, im a nice guy..ill even make it red lol  Smiley)
they didnt say  , no , like they did before  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:25:13 AM

Farmer stated:

assuming no additional risks emerge during that time.  Undecided
Once supported,  Grin
 customers will be able to withdraw bitcoin cash.  Smiley
 In the meantime, customer bitcoin cash will remain safely stored on Coinbase.  Grin

I wonder how much bitcoin cash they will be distributing. After all, they were having delays in their withdrawals before the fork because of sheer volume. I'm not certain this was because Coinbase first came out and stated that they wouldn't support Bitcoin cash, or if people where just withdrawing because of the threat of UASF.
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:28:09 AM

Farmer stated:

Once supported,  Grin

Grin
meaning you can get you bch but you cannot use it with us (i added this for you, im a nice guy..ill even make it red lol  Smiley)

Only because its cheaper to implement and payout rather than deal with a lawsuit
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:31:41 AM

Farmer stated:

Once supported,  Grin

Grin

Only because its cheaper to implement and payout rather than deal with a lawsuit
lol...do you think i give a ***** why they implement it, cheaper, forced or not, ....
Its coming on coinbase as long as no additional risks emerge during that time.  

This is why you buy/hodl bch/bcc , you dont sit there wasting energy trying to worry about coinbase lawsuits (unless u got coins there lol)
focus on what you need to do  Smiley....ahhh unless your trolling for cheap coin...aha  Cheesy

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
i.post.in.scam.threads

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:40:50 AM

Pour more money into this shit guys  Roll Eyes
Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 12:46:31 AM

50 bitcoins takes it to .096

That's too rich for their blood lmao  Grin
tekmobile

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:52:03 AM

lol...do you think i give a ***** why they implement it, cheaper, forced or not, ....

This is why you buy/hodl bch/bcc , you dont sit there wasting energy trying to worry about coinbase lawsuits (unless u got coins there lol)
focus on what you need to do  Smiley....ahhh unless your trolling for cheap coin...aha  Cheesy

I sold all my BCH on HitBTC as soon as possible then bought back in at the lows and sold it all again around $330 I now have 0 BCH and do not wish to get anymore it can burn in a fiery death the only reason I am here now is to help newbies think a bit more rationally and look at the possible outcomes and how things will most likely play out and hopefully decide not to support this scam.

I started in crypto late 2012 and have seen the rise and fall of many companies and scams and things to watch out for
I have spent a lot of time studying the various graphs and numbers and taking note of patterns that are emerging.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:02:22 AM

I sold all my BCH on HitBTC as soon as possible then bought back in at the lows and sold it all again around $330 I now have 0 BCH and do not wish to get anymore it can burn in a fiery death the only reason I am here now is to help newbies think a bit more rationally and look at the possible outcomes and how things will most likely play out and hopefully decide not to support this scam.

I started in crypto late 2012 and have seen the rise and fall of many companies and scams and things to watch out for
I have spent a lot of time studying the various graphs and numbers and taking note of patterns that are emerging.

ah the concern troll, the person that dedicates all day , everyday , to help people that he doesnt know...what would we do without you  Cheesy
every coin ive invested in, has at least one of you guys....
someone who has been around since 2012, so much knowledge, but hides behind a new account made specifically to troll here...hmmm hmmm hmmm

(please stop revealing your secrets , dont study graphs to hard btw lol)

Sumo

Activity: 1098
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:17:51 AM

60 btc to take it to .097

Price cant stay above .09 lol

Bitcoin Cash Whales ballin out  Grin

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:19:16 AM

woa there...so its ok for you to ,sneaky buy (bet you told no-one) , trade and make profits on bch but when it comes to others you deny them?? hypocrite? lol
also ..those profits you gained from trades, could have been from those same people that got burnt ...you took their money...lol

terrrible terrible concern troll...tut tut  Cheesy

PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:25:01 AM

Wonder what kind of dump or panic will happen when poloniex will release their 60000 bcc... (down to hell?)

And why do you think everyone will sell their BCC?, in fact I believe at most only 10k will be sold, rest will keep it as an hedge ,

Both poloniex and coinbase have stated they have not decided if they will allow buying or trading of BCH

So far all we know is they will allow you to withdraw to a wallet I dont know how this will affect things since a lot of people just keep their coins in coinbase instead of a paper/hardware or other wallet

GDAX said they will open BCH markets. And, Coinbase owns GDAX. So I assume you could also buy/sell BCH on coinbase as welleventually.
PilotofBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 02:25:55 AM

Wonder what kind of dump or panic will happen when poloniex will release their 60000 bcc... (down to hell?)

And why do you think everyone will sell their BCC?, in fact I believe at most only 10k will be sold, rest will keep it as an hedge ,

Both poloniex and coinbase have stated they have not decided if they will allow buying or trading of BCH

So far all we know is they will allow you to withdraw to a wallet I dont know how this will affect things since a lot of people just keep their coins in coinbase instead of a paper/haedware or other wallet

The coinbase people can just transfer their BCC to another exchange wallet. I don't think coinbase will block a transfer if the address you transfer to is an exchange wallet or your own personal wallet.
No, they can't. Coinbase so far didn't credited BCH to their users. Coinbase announced that they will start to support Bitcoin Cash only in January. People who where holding bitcoins on Coinbase during fork, now have to wait until they will be able to claim their BCH.

They say "by" Jan 1st... it could be before that.
aan001

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

StableDex | Decentralized, Secure & Cost Effective

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 02:53:58 AM

what this coin price same with Btc ?? Grin

▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▄▄█████
                     ▀▀██████████
  ▀██████▄             ▄████████
    ▀██████▄        ▄██████████
      ▀██████▄    ▄██████▀  ██
        ▀█████▀▄██████▀     ▀
          ▀█▀▄██████▀
          ▄▄█████▀▄▄
        ▄██████▀▄████▄
      ▄██████▀  ▀██████▄
   ▄▄█████▀       ▀██████▄
████████▀           ▀██████▄
██████▀               ▀██████▄
.stableDEX.
ϟ

ϟ

ϟ
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
█████   ████████████████
██████▄▄▄█████████████████
▐██████   ██   ▀    ▀██████▌
▐██████   ██   ▄██▄   █████▌
▐██████   ██   ████   █████▌
██████   ██   ████   █████
█████▄▄▄██▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄██████████████████▄
██▀              ▀██
██                ██
██                ██
██    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ██
██   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██
██   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██
██                ██
██                ██
██                ██
██▄              ▄██
▀██████████████████▀
WP
▀ ▀▀▀

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 02:54:18 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/blockchain-data-reveals-someone-is-trying-to-slow-down-bitcoin-cash/
TLDR; somebody is deliberately throwing a ton of hashpower at BCC every time the difficulty is about to adjust down. I wonder who would do that...

However:

https://medium.com/@freetrade68/the-bitcoin-cash-flippening-is-coming-faster-than-you-expect-3fb75fa61138

They have a good point - BTC doesn't have a smart(er) diff adjustment, while BCC does. My understanding is that the BTC difficulty is about to rise for the next 2016 blocks (and will remain higher for a minimum 2 weeks).

If BCC mining hashpower increases (making mining BCC more cost-effective), and BTC mining hashpower starts to fall off, the BTC chain could get stuck in HELL for 3+ months, with slow-ass confirmations and useless full blocks. Imagine if BTC miners only mine 2 blocks per day!

2 blocks/day for BTC would be exactly the kind of failure mode which would rally support for an uncontroversial hard fork to either new difficulty adjustment algo or new PoW.

But that's not going to happen because the alternative is to use the shoddy Bcash chain, which is so appallingly defective in design that it can be attacked by merely mining it at 'sensitive' times.

Let the scope of Garzik's architectural failure sink in for a moment; savor the boundless incompetence of a hastily implemented rage-forked shitcoin design that by application of additional mining power is actually *endangered* rather than additively secured.   Cheesy

Game of Thrones must work very hard to provide us with appropriately epic graphics/memes for the upcoming Bcash Officially #REKT thread...

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 03:00:58 AM

https://news.bitcoin.com/blockchain-data-reveals-someone-is-trying-to-slow-down-bitcoin-cash/
TLDR; somebody is deliberately throwing a ton of hashpower at BCC every time the difficulty is about to adjust down. I wonder who would do that...

However:

https://medium.com/@freetrade68/the-bitcoin-cash-flippening-is-coming-faster-than-you-expect-3fb75fa61138

They have a good point - BTC doesn't have a smart(er) diff adjustment, while BCC does. My understanding is that the BTC difficulty is about to rise for the next 2016 blocks (and will remain higher for a minimum 2 weeks).

If BCC mining hashpower increases (making mining BCC more cost-effective), and BTC mining hashpower starts to fall off, the BTC chain could get stuck in HELL for 3+ months, with slow-ass confirmations and useless full blocks. Imagine if BTC miners only mine 2 blocks per day!

2 blocks/day for BTC would be exactly the kind of failure mode which would rally support for an uncontroversial hard fork to either new difficulty adjustment algo or new PoW.

But that's not going to happen because the alternative is to use the shoddy Bcash chain, which is so appallingly defective in design that it can be attacked by merely mining it at 'sensitive' times.

Let the scope of Garzik's architectural failure sink in for a moment; savor the boundless incompetence of a hastily implemented rage-forked shitcoin design that by application of additional mining power is actually *endangered* rather than additively secured.   Cheesy

Game of Thrones must work very hard to provide us with appropriately epic graphics/memes for the upcoming Bcash Officially #REKT thread...
you see that tek lol...thats how its done...by a legend  Smiley

Hows things m8?
happy to see your input and views  Smiley

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 03:51:23 AM

Hows things m8?

Hi Pumpertits,

I've been enjoying (IE been helplessly addicted to) all the usual crypto-drama, especially Roger's "Bcash" vanity project.

This elective rage-fork is harmless by itself but set a terrible precedent w/r/t exchanges being forced with invalid 'pregnant cow' analogies to support every shitty airdrop for all time (because muh Fiduciary).

All the pressure on Coinbase, etc. does it make it impossible for US-based exchanges subject to lawfare (legal blackmail) to compete with those in less litigious jurisdictions, because they will now forever continue to be pressed into service supporting the latest trendy new contentious hard fork.

Thus I propose Bitcoin Core supporters create a Bcash Disruptor Node with the following functionality/UX.

1. Bcash Disruptor Node (indistinguishable from normal node) is installed, synced, and loaded with user's Bcash
2. Easily malleated tx are construed and broadcast with no out-of-pocked expense to user, targeting (exchange?) address with the largest/most active balances
3. Malleated tx construction is accelerated with users GPU
4. Attack Client uses airdropped Bcash to flood network with malleated low/med fee spam tx, forcing exchanges to halt deposits and withdrawals
5. User may select from Slow, Fast, and Random attack speed options for constant, instant, or unpredictable crapflooding fun

The more BTC you own, the more damage you get to inflict on Bcash using your free airdropped JihanCoins.  The force of the attack is multiplied by the stupidity of eschewing a malleability fix and the power of OpenCL to quickly malleate transactions.   Cool

My other idea is to fork Bcash into Bcash2x, which honors Satoshi's Vision (everybody take a shot) by implementing Segwit2x on the Bcash chain, where the egregious heresies of GregStream Corp cannot harm it.  Grin

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:04:43 AM

Hows things m8?

Hi Pumpertits, Cheesy thats what she said lol

I've been enjoying (IE been helplessly addicted to) all the usual crypto-drama, especially Roger's "Bcash" vanity project.

This elective rage-fork is harmless by itself but set a terrible precedent w/r/t exchanges being forced with invalid 'pregnant cow' analogies to support every shitty airdrop for all time (because muh Fiduciary).

All the pressure on Coinbase, etc. does it make it impossible for US-based exchanges subject to lawfare (legal blackmail) to compete with those in less litigious jurisdictions, because they will now forever continue to be pressed into service supporting the latest trendy new contentious hard fork.

Thus I propose Bitcoin Core supporters create a Bcash Disruptor Node with the following functionality/UX.

1. Bcash Disruptor Node (indistinguishable from normal node) is installed, synced, and loaded with user's Bcash
2. Easily malleated tx are construed and broadcast with no out-of-pocked expense to user, targeting (exchange?) address with the largest/most active balances
3. Malleated tx construction is accelerated with users GPU
4. Attack Client uses airdropped Bcash to flood network with malleated low/med fee spam tx, forcing exchanges to halt deposits and withdrawals
5. User may select from Slow, Fast, and Random attack speed options for constant, instant, or unpredictable crapflooding fun

The more BTC you own, the more damage you get to inflict on Bcash using your free airdropped JihanCoins.  The force of the attack is multiplied by the stupidity of eschewing a malleability fix and the power of OpenCL to quickly malleate transactions.   Cool

My other idea is to fork Bcash into Bcash2x, which honors Satoshi's Vision (everybody take a shot) by implementing Segwit2x on the Bcash chain, where the egregious heresies of GregStream Corp cannot harm it.  Grin

This forcing to list forked coins ..began with polo and etc.
The rest....BDN system...lols great idea..

end of the day, bcc is here to stay and will be worth alot more than its current value...(BDN or not lol)
bcc is another coin in my basket for long term
All crypto is growing...grab em cheap while you can, i say  Smiley

jonid

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:17:48 AM

Bitcoin Cash has 9% BTC hashpower now. And it's growing.
BCC is here to stay....  and grow.

http://whattomine.com/asic?utf8=%E2%9C%93&sha256f=true&factor%5Bsha256_hr%5D=14000.0&factor%5Bsha256_p%5D=1370.0&factor%5Bscrypt_hash_rate%5D=124.55&factor%5Bscrypt_power%5D=1370.0&factor%5Bx11_hr%5D=385.0&factor%5Bx11_p%5D=716.0&factor%5Bqk_hr%5D=450.0&factor%5Bqk_p%5D=75.0&factor%5Bqb_hr%5D=450.0&factor%5Bqb_p%5D=84.0&factor%5Bcost%5D=0.1&sort=Profitability24&volume=0&revenue=24h&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bittrex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bleutrade&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=btc_e&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=bter&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=c_cex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=cryptopia&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=poloniex&factor%5Bexchanges%5D%5B%5D=yobit&dataset=&commit=Calculate
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 05:26:32 AM

This forcing to list forked coins ..began with polo and etc.
The rest....BDN system...lols great idea..

end of the day, bcc is here to stay and will be worth alot more than its current value...(BDN or not lol)

You need to stop and reconsider that opinion because it is wrong, despite its popularity in low-to-mid-brow pleb venues like Reddit.

ETC is the original and thus *DEFENDING* chain under attack from the controversial Bailout Fork.

BTC is the original and thus *DEFENDING* chain under attack from the controversial Jihan/Ver/Garzik vanity fork.

You cannot validly compare Polo's continued (and legally obligatory) listing of the *DEFENDING* status quo ETC chain with other greedy exchanges listing the *ATTACKING* fork of Bcash.

ETC is opt-out; Bcash is opt-in.  Do you see the difference?

Coinbase had no business picking the winner in the ETC/ETH fight and Armstrong made a complete fool of himself by declaring the defending chain would simply Go Away Quickly because its persistence is inconvenient for Bailout Edition.

Polo was required to list ETC because it is not their place to decide on behalf of customers that the controversial and mutable Bailout Edition should supersede it.

And what makes you think Bcash will be worth anything when we start using Disruption Nodes to flood active addresses with malleated tx, effectively paralyzing the network at the economic and protocol layers?

Since Bcash wants 8mb blocks so bad, I'm willing to spend all my airdropped JihanCoins making sure they get as many huge, difficult or impossible to validate blocks as possible.

You see the obvious strategic value in my "Leverage Hostile Forks' Own Airdrops Against Them" technique, but won't follow that approach to its logical conclusion.  Why not?  My guess is you're still building a Bcash short position and will change your mind when it's ready to cash out.  Wink

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
David Chaum 1996
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: