Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 937 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Bitcoin Cash - Pro on-chain scaling - Cheaper fees  (Read 703571 times)
sandman53

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 01:47:20 AM

Will Segwit work as advertised without any flaws? Probably. But probably isn't good enough for those holding massive amounts of BTC. It is a particularly risky time to hold BTC before Segwit happens. If a big reduction in mining support happens, and there is a simultaneous mass panic, BTC will grind to a halt and drop like a rock before Segwit can save the day. I think we are starting to see some of this realization by BTC holders and today's drop in price. We'll watch over the next few days to see if it continues.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-cash-8mb-block-479469-clears-over-37000-transactions/

uh, the people who pushed segwit are the ones holding massive amounts of btc and investment in btc related businesses.

Right, but the point I was trying to make is that a big change like Segwit adds risk. BCH is a hedge against that risk. BCH has already implemented their scaling solution and it has passed the stress test. BTC is still waiting for its scaling implementation and it hasn't been through real world stress tests.

If I held a large amount of BTC then I would also want to hold at least the same amount of BCH as protection in the event Segwit does not go well. If I saw that BCH had successfully implemented and tested its scaling solution then I would be inclined to buy even more BCH.

Regardless of your emotional feelings towards Segwit, it makes a lot of sense to protect yourself by at the very least holding an equal amount of BCH. These Pro-Segwit whales are hedging their bets. The ones who are dumping BCH are the peons at the bottom rung of the food chain and the whales are buying more than they held in the first place.

Very well said, short and to the point!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:25:40 AM

Blockchain Overview https://cash.coin.dance/blocks
There have been 1081 blocks mined since the hard fork.
(1547 blocks behind the original chain)

The Bitcoin Cash blockchain is currently operating at 13% of the original chain's difficulty.

The original chain has grown 2.25GB more than the Bitcoin Cash blockchain.

It is currently 26% more profitable to mine on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain

Segwitcoin miners are currently losing $10billion per day by not switching (#is from my head but prob not far off lol)

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
SparkyU

Activity: 784
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:39:51 AM

No surprise here to see so many people shilling this.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out they all got it for free and want to make it rise as much as possible before they exit.
lentyna

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:43:04 AM

I was thinking BTC was slow, I was sending 2 BCH from Cryptopia to Poloniex and it took 2 hours to be available. BTC usually takes around 10 min.

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:44:48 AM

No surprise here to see so many people shilling this.  It doesn't take a genius to figure out they all got it for free and want to make it rise as much as possible before they exit.

Will Segwit work as advertised without any flaws? Probably. But probably isn't good enough for those holding massive amounts of BTC. It is a particularly risky time to hold BTC before Segwit happens. If a big reduction in mining support happens, and there is a simultaneous mass panic, BTC will grind to a halt and drop like a rock before Segwit can save the day. I think we are starting to see some of this realization by BTC holders and today's drop in price. We'll watch over the next few days to see if it continues.

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-cash-8mb-block-479469-clears-over-37000-transactions/

uh, the people who pushed segwit are the ones holding massive amounts of btc and investment in btc related businesses.

Right, but the point I was trying to make is that a big change like Segwit adds risk. BCH is a hedge against that risk. BCH has already implemented their scaling solution and it has passed the stress test. BTC is still waiting for its scaling implementation and it hasn't been through real world stress tests.

If I held a large amount of BTC then I would also want to hold at least the same amount of BCH as protection in the event Segwit does not go well. If I saw that BCH had successfully implemented and tested its scaling solution then I would be inclined to buy even more BCH.

Regardless of your emotional feelings towards Segwit, it makes a lot of sense to protect yourself by at the very least holding an equal amount of BCH. These Pro-Segwit whales are hedging their bets. The ones who are dumping BCH are the peons at the bottom rung of the food chain and the whales are buying more than they held in the first place.

Savik talks sense, thats one of many reasons to be in bch.

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Snub

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 02:45:13 AM

I was thinking BTC was slow, I was sending 2 BCH from Cryptopia to Poloniex and it took 2 hours to be available. BTC usually takes around 10 min.

BCH confirmation is still slow as it is new and it takes some time for the adjustments to be made. AFAIK BCH needs the difficulty to be adjusted according to the hash power, i just don't know when is the right time for it as it maybe different from BTC which is every 2 weeks
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:29:50 AM

It is currently 30% more profitable to mine on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain Shocked

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 04:43:50 AM
Last edit: August 19, 2017, 05:27:26 AM by bones261

It is currently 30% more profitable to mine on the Bitcoin Cash blockchain Shocked

It would help if Bitmain opened up Antpool to Bitcoin Cash as well as Hashnest, instead of doing all the mining on their private Asics.

Segwitcoin miners are currently losing $10billion per day by not switching (#is from my head but prob not far off lol)

Where on Earth are you coming up with 10 billion dollars per day? If Bitcoin Cash went for $1000 per coin, that would be $12,500 per block. The miners would need to mine 800,000 blocks in one day, to make 10 Billion dollars. That would be more than 9 blocks per second. The network would definitely fork all over the place at that rate.  Roll Eyes

Bitcoin hasn't even mined 800,000 blocks in its entire existence....
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 05:44:04 AM

Bingo. I suppose that market forces and economic analyses are coming to the same conclusions... BTC is on thinner ice than people realize... Kore's mantra that "Bitcoin can't work with larger blocks" appears to have been quietly discredited by living proof: the vibrant BCC network and market. Finally, it now appears that the real Achilles' Heel of Bitcoin is its difficulty adjustment algorithm...

Personally, as a holder of BTC I am very concerned about how the Segwit2x drama resolves in the coming months...  Right now I imagine that Kore will stubbornly keep their feet firmly planted and reject the Segwit2x hard fork, industry people will throw their hands up and react in one of several ways:

* Suck it up, and stay on Segwit1x Kore, forcing node operators updating their node software to Kore 0.15 with no blocksize increase
* Refuse to update node software and run Segwit2x, despite the apparent risks and lack of replay protection
* Start to slowly migrate to BCC behind the scenes, to avoid panic
* Rush out poorly designed and buggy Lightning implementations
* Hedge with altcoin investments
or
* Simply take over Kore development with some type of corporate coup or manufactured emergency

Of course, the biggest wildcard is the miners, who have the choice to switch to the BCC chain whenever they like. I believe that MANY of the miners will switch to BCC if Segwit2x is not honored, on their own accord, and due to the perceived second (or third) betrayal of agreements with them. At this point BTC could be in serious trouble, because the difficulty adjustment is so slow. Transactions could quickly become blocked for week or more, regardless of fees paid, due to the combination of the overloaded mempool and lack of hashing support. This type of event would indeed trigger a classic "rush for the exits", which would likely consume most of the value of BTC, and massively damage the public confidence in cryptos in general.

Nobody wants these scenarios to play out. So generally people will act to avoid them.
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 06:58:28 AM

hi guys there is a good easy pool to mine bch with nicehas rent sha 256?

Have a look at the active miners and take your pick I would say ViaBTC

Yes i saw viabtc but the explanation for point the miner (in this case nicehash rent) there isn't... i mean every pool you go there is a get start guide to showo you how to mine there... viabtc don't have

And 90% others what does that mean? 90% belongs to bitcoin (btc) pools?
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 07:05:33 AM

Yes, it was happening to me also why the confirmation is taking too long for a NEW coin like BCH. I think many mining people are not showing any interest towards the BCH. I think people should consider BCH or not everything is still in a dilemma.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 07:55:47 AM

hi guys there is a good easy pool to mine bch with nicehas rent sha 256?

Have a look at the active miners and take your pick I would say ViaBTC

Yes i saw viabtc but the explanation for point the miner (in this case nicehash rent) there isn't... i mean every pool you go there is a get start guide to showo you how to mine there... viabtc don't have

And 90% others what does that mean? 90% belongs to bitcoin (btc) pools?

No the other is a unknown miner and looking at the block payout addresses it is just 2 users/pools that do not wish to be identified one may ask why ?

So you only have 2 to choose from ViaBTC or BitClub Networks
David48l

Activity: 600
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 08:05:14 AM

Adjustment difficulty still
Then blocks bch every 10 mins

However, btc fee 4 $, bch fee 0.04 $

BITCOIN CASH IS THE REAL BITCOIN, BITCOIN SEGWIT IS PAYPAL
Orbolon

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

CoinCrate.net

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 08:25:59 AM

OH wow BCC is booming at the moment, im so disappointed in myself that i didn't buy any of bcc, i knew this was coming Sad  Anyone think it's a bubble that's gonna burst and bcc goes to 300-400$ again?

tekmobile

Activity: 392
Merit: 154

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2017, 09:09:42 AM

Breakdown of last Blocks after the hike

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KlaGfB7_6JjSsIO9UgP4VqQTW-uzQIiZGmzNp5hS6nE/pubhtml?gid=0&single=true

ViaBTC 1P3GQYtcWgZHrrJhUa4ctoQ3QoCU2F65nz
BitClub 1KE2oXwNTe7SQ3vi8TpbcAu5AhDYBnviFX

2x Unknown (Main Power)
1BgatB78WrFLdCgnPnBqiDcNFFA46jkPZe
1Mn8mkxYm6GGcdUH5Ts3XJN4Ujz4CJerbW (Exists on both BTC & BCH)

1x Unknown (1 Block)
18yaRX56G1coiiudXWKj8gP8tjLLqVcL7i
addicto
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:20:49 AM

I sold my coins at half of the current price but I'm not regret to my this decision it mostly depend on our goals what we want from any project actually it is airdrop. But I would like congrats to all people who bought more and hold this and now will make more profit.
ChainSmoker

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:21:27 AM

BitcoinCa$h is no bubble, this is the beginning of a paradigm shift , all of old Bitcoin Monetary Strength / Resources and many alts will Flow into Bitcoin Cash.

Old 1MB Bitcoin is dying , Long Live the New King Bitcoin Cash.

The Masses will follow the profit, and Bitcoin Cash will be more profitable.
Simple as that.

The people that view the old 1mb bitcoin as a religion instead of a technology will lose everything, as they don't posses the reasoning skills
to understand why better technology (Bitcoin Ca$h) will replace inferior technology (old 1mb Bitcoin).

Bitcoin Ca$h should be ~$8000 per coin within a year, if not sooner.

╥Aztek

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
grasshpr

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:29:25 AM

OH wow BCC is booming at the moment, im so disappointed in myself that i didn't buy any of bcc, i knew this was coming Sad  Anyone think it's a bubble that's gonna burst and bcc goes to 300-400$ again?

Technically it is very likely to pull back a little, because it had a big run and currently is taking a rest. But it will depend mostly on the news ie if miners start to move to BCH he we might see a big run up again

Another interesting thing I noticed:

Of all the top 20 coins on coinmarketcap only few have moved up in past 24 hours:

Thats of course BCH, NEO which bounced from support levels and people a waiting for some news from the east AND another coin is Monero. Now Monero is interesting because it is the coin preferred by people who want privacy and more importantly for some people it is the second coin after btc... darknet but not necessary
STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:34:22 AM

Cute , guess you lost money.

Don't blame me because you are dim witted.
feel free to fuck off

Bitcoin Cash 24 hour Trading Volume is $3,029,520,000    higher than old 1mb Bitcoin $2,894,220,000 , at the time of this post.

╥Aztek

You say some interesting things.
But for those of us who are not very technical at all, could you or (anyone) kindly do a point by point comparison of the technologies?

On one hand what does BTC have and on the other side what does BCC have.

This would take me forever to do so I would understand if no one has the time.

Or maybe someone either already knows or it has been done and a link can be posted.

Good day.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
STOPBEINGREEDY

Activity: 168

Persistence turnsfailure into xemplary achievement

View Profile
August 19, 2017, 09:36:41 AM

Cute , guess you lost money.

Don't blame me because you are dim witted.
feel free to fuck off

Bitcoin Cash 24 hour Trading Volume is $3,029,520,000    higher than old 1mb Bitcoin $2,894,220,000 , at the time of this post.

╥Aztek

You say some interesting things.
But for those of us who are not very technical at all, could you or (anyone) kindly do a point by point comparison of the technologies?

On one hand what does BTC have and on the other side what does BCC have.

This would take me forever to do so I would understand if no one has the time.

Or maybe someone either already knows or it has been done and a link can be posted.

Good day.

(Ahem)....by BCC I actually meant BCH  of course.

Longtime dreamer: DREAMCOIN:
DREAMCOIN now solidly based on land.
http://dreamcoin.fi/Freedomlandb.pdf
Pages: « 1 ... 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 [199] 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 ... 937 »
  Print  

Jump to: