Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 09:45:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119795 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:20:24 PM

"Christians remained the largest religious group in the world in 2015, making up nearly a third (31%) of Earth’s 7.3 billion people"
Plus, non-Christians are welcome to use it.  All of the greed based money will flow in if we ever increase by 500%.

I think once we have our core established, we can work on A) Making a liquid debit card for POS purchases, and B) floating this as an alternative investment for 401Ks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:22:20 PM

I added a Bible Pay wikipedia service last night.  We can use this for one when we start churning out sanctuary documentation.
IE: How to create a sanctuary, run one, troubleshooting, Proposals, Voting, etc.

For now we have one page, if anyone wants to edit the main page and make it nicer, go for it.  I enabled inline images.

http://wiki.biblepay.org/

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
SmallCapCoins

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:25:16 PM
Last edit: September 12, 2017, 05:10:41 PM by SmallCapCoins

C-CEX has upgraded to 1.0.2.9 and deposits and withdraws are back open again!

We are eagerly awaiting F7000 to come to pass now.

I have deployed the Inbound Orphan API in the Pool.  Now you can automatically see the inbound orphan letters written to us as they come in, a translator (at Compassion) scans both pages of the letter and sends to us electronically.  We have a service running in the pool that pulls the image and stores the images in our SAN. 

Therefore now you can click: Orphan Inbound Letters, and view them.

In the near future, I will work to have these changed over to PDF so we can view each letter with one click.  And add a 'reply' option. 

We released the feature where the Orphan List now supports a row click to show the orphan Bio without navigating away.
The Writing to Orphan also supports a 'Letter writing tips' insitu Dialog now.

There has been a boolean added over to the Orphan Active sponsor list that reports if the child still needs written to.  1=Needs Written, 0=Already written to.  We made the feature not take into account "approved" letters by design so the group can quickly start using the feature.

Im still working on the "Sent" process.  I believe once per month (probably the same day that I release the foundation wallet payments to compassion to pay the premiums), I run a program that will send our outbound letters out and mark the row as sent.  You will all know when it happens when the Sent flag = 1.

There is now a bounty paid by the pool for approved letters.  You will see a LETTER_WRITING_BOUNTY appear in your transaction list.  This occurs when we send out the approved outbound letters, the pool account then pays premiums for approved letters automatically.  Just look for the credit after the letters SENT flag is set to 1.  This bounty is based on the letter writing fees collected divided by letters required.  (Its roughly the amount shown in the announce section).

I have been looking in on this coin a few times.  The last time I read it seemed they were having some difficulties.  I am wondering if it is safe to store some of currency in this crypto coin at this time?
schyter

Activity: 385
Merit: 257

Open to any CryptoBusiness idea you have for Ghana

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2017, 08:44:46 PM

Well this would be hard to do since the whole algo is based on bible king james version, so even if the name was changed it would still be STRONGLY attached to the bible Smiley
It has to be strongly attached to the bible. there is no problem. In fact i like it that way Smiley.
Not many people know about algos and all that.
Basically, i am just picturing something like bitcoin or ethereum which is open to everyone with all its uses as a "currency" yet having the block reward programmed as the Dev has planned it.

I am saying all this, not because i do not want the name but because i really wish to see this coin with an honourable vision as this, gain significant traction in the crypto sphere and not be limited by its name but be adopted by everyone, both christian and non-christian alike as like bitcoin

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 12:31:29 AM

I have been looking in on this coin a few times.  The last time I read it seemed they were having some difficulties.  I am wondering if it is safe to store some of currency in this crypto coin at this time?
The risk is we go under at block 7000 because our big algorithm change.

Once that block comes to pass, then give it a few days to 'burn in' and let us reindex the chain, etc, send money back and forth, testing it in prod, and at that point it might be considered relatively safe.  We are starting at the absolute bottom of the barrel, so we cant go much lower.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:06:23 AM

Who the hell is this? http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/BB2BwSbDCqCqNsfc7FgWFJn4sRgnUt4tsM

He mine like 10-20 blocks every day!
Cyboria

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:00:42 AM

**************** POOL PASSWORDS ******************

Regarding Password problems at the pool:
1) One problem was passwords cannot have certain special characters that blow out the cipherclass.  This has now been fixed.
2) If your password does not work, click Reset Password and follow the wizard.
3) If your e-mail is not working, send an e-mail to contact@biblepay.org to have the password temporarily reset.

Rob

The steps listed here did the trick for me. I can login again.
Thank you!
Shoko943

Activity: 27

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:08:38 AM

Who the hell is this? http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/BB2BwSbDCqCqNsfc7FgWFJn4sRgnUt4tsM

As you can see from the tag on it "Orphan Foundations", this is actually the address that receives the 10% to support the children.

From the first page:

"For the first 6 months, 10% of each block will be allocated to the foundation, for sponsoring orphans at 100%.  Once per month, we will cash in anything over $40 available on an exchange, and sponsor orphans on our volunteer time."

Right now, the solution to allocate this 10% is to have every 10th block go to the foundation. After block 7000, and if I remember correctly, it will instead be changed to 10% of every mined block.
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:56:34 AM

The answer to your question is here: http://biblepay.inspect.network/richlist where it tags this account as "Orphan Foundations".

Edit: Oh, sorry Shoko943 - I see you beat me to it.

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
bek77

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:44:55 AM

the price is falling as much as ever?
bek77

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:53:01 AM

with what power?
bubbles_depot

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:54:53 AM

the price is falling as much as ever?
c-cex deposits halted for a couple of days for maintenance, when back up more sellers sold, price dropped. buy orders are increasing now.
bubbles_depot

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:00:55 AM

https://jesuscoin.network/

Looks like we got competition  Wink
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 11:20:11 AM

Thanks for posting; I will read the whitepaper.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 11:37:46 AM

At first I thought the whole thing was an April fools joke.  I felt ill as if I wasted my time reading the whitepaper.  Especially towards the end, my thoughts were if this is real, the lead developer might be going to hell, then I thought, oh this is just a joke to see how many people go to contribute BTC on the ERC-20 page.  After reading it I see the site actually has an Ether token and a crowdsale page.  This is blasphemy.

Anyway, I almost destroyed my points but since this appears to be legit here they are:

Cons about tokenizing "Jesus":
- Using Jesus name to profit from without being actual disciples (similar to megachurch revenue but worse)
- Selling ERC-20 tokens up front as an ICO, with no promise of innovative value: IE a pump n dump scheme
- Claiming owning shares of the coin allows you to "be forgiven of sin" - blasphemy
- Not a grass roots effort - entire sham is an investor fundraiser PR event
- No propensity for any church to use the currency
- Provides no value add to the block chain, no new features
- Does absolutely no giving which is fundamental to picking up the cross
- Use case provides an example of funding a crusade and FAQ says "Not to do that" (contradicting its own use case)
- Wall Street Trader example - this did it for me - You are known by your fruits

They are not even a mosquito on our back.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 12:03:36 PM

In the pool, I see the orphan bio dialog (from Orphan List | select row) opens way down below the bottom of the screen.

Fixing this right now.  I am also adding the ability to attach pictures to letters.

Yesterday, the code was completed to send the letters over to compassion and pay bounties to letter writers.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bubbles_depot

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:27:57 PM

At first I thought the whole thing was an April fools joke.  I felt ill as if I wasted my time reading the whitepaper.  Especially towards the end, my thoughts were if this is real, the lead developer might be going to hell, then I thought, oh this is just a joke to see how many people go to contribute BTC on the ERC-20 page.  After reading it I see the site actually has an Ether token and a crowdsale page.  This is blasphemy.

Anyway, I almost destroyed my points but since this appears to be legit here they are:

- Using Jesus name to profit from without being actual disciples (similar to megachurch revenue but worse)
- Selling ERC-20 tokens up front as an ICO, with no promise of innovative value: IE a pump n dump scheme
- Claiming owning shares of the coin allows you to "be forgiven of sin" - blasphemy
- Use case provides an example of funding a crusade and FAQ says "Not to do that" (contradicting its own use case)
- Wall Street Trader example - this did it for me - You are known by your fruits

For a piss take they/he has raised quite a few ether. Just goes to show throw any piece of ICO up with a bit marketing and you can bank.
Cyboria

Activity: 21

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:09:58 PM

For a piss take they/he has raised quite a few ether. Just goes to show throw any piece of ICO up with a bit marketing and you can bank.

Yeah, but even if you look at their team, it's just all the disciples of Jesus. It just looks like a joke to me ...
Their whole thing is just visually appealing ..
I truly believe more in this project.
m4tsby

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:00:00 PM

Yeah, but even if you look at their team, it's just all the disciples of Jesus. It just looks like a joke to me ...
Their whole thing is just visually appealing ..
I truly believe more in this project.

That is truly shocking to me...more so than gross irreverence to Him. I suppose a Dev could throw is own Ether at it to make it look like people would participate...I mean how could someone be so foolish?
Although I suppose when I consider the Olsteen's attendance... preach or offer assured prosperity and they come out of the woodwork.
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:31:14 PM

As you can see from the tag on it "Orphan Foundations", this is actually the address that receives the 10% to support the children.

From the first page:

"For the first 6 months, 10% of each block will be allocated to the foundation, for sponsoring orphans at 100%.  Once per month, we will cash in anything over $40 available on an exchange, and sponsor orphans on our volunteer time."

Right now, the solution to allocate this 10% is to have every 10th block go to the foundation. After block 7000, and if I remember correctly, it will instead be changed to 10% of every mined block.

Yeaha it seems you're right then they move the coin to http://biblepay.inspect.network/address/B6gscRo5SyR6EsR7iLdhJxtHu84ALNn93i  which is probably sold like stated...
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: