Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:50:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119799 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 09:27:00 PM

I think my pool is ready to go live, this might alleviate some of the arguing and complaints (or generate more if it doesn't work right!  Grin)   The problem with having only 1 pool for a coin is that the pool owner becomes a lightning rod for problems.  People automatically associate problems with pool with the coin, and vice versa.  My pool is in beta so mine at your own risk, but there is no hashrate or share limit.  Its running on AWS so I can adjust the resources as necessary but since I don't know what sort of load will be thrown on the server just keep in mind I might need to do some tweaking in the next day or so.  I got the open source code from Bible_Pay and implemented it via his instructions so it looks pretty much the exact same as his pool.  The only real difference is there is no letter writing to the orphans, so no fees associated with that, but there is a 2% mining fee to keep the lights on.  It might be beneficial to somehow implement some of the letter writing on my pool in the future but I will talk to Bible_Pay about that.

So without further ado, Jesus said “Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men."  Nsummy says, I will make you miners of men!

https://minersofmen.com

poolport=80  
pool=http://pool.minersofmen.com  
workerid=insertWorkerUsernameHere

Great job!  Thanks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
macko20

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:31:16 PM

The script is from 2010. Maybe even earlier. It has good security, but it's not a script for multithreading. I'm working 10 years on multithreading windows and ubuntu. You destroy people who help BBP.
Not sure what you are referring to, but BiblePay was just started this year.  Our algorithm is not a copy of any other algorithm.

You know exactly what this script is based on. Let's make a team, let's do something positive. Too much anger, it is not needed. Inblue showed something. This script is old. On windows you can fix it x times. Your annoyance is bad. You can not do it yourself, because you do not have time. Everyone will go away with this attitude ...
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:34:34 PM

I think my pool is ready to go live, this might alleviate some of the arguing and complaints (or generate more if it doesn't work right!  Grin)   The problem with having only 1 pool for a coin is that the pool owner becomes a lightning rod for problems.  People automatically associate problems with pool with the coin, and vice versa.  My pool is in beta so mine at your own risk, but there is no hashrate or share limit.  Its running on AWS so I can adjust the resources as necessary but since I don't know what sort of load will be thrown on the server just keep in mind I might need to do some tweaking in the next day or so.  I got the open source code from Bible_Pay and implemented it via his instructions so it looks pretty much the exact same as his pool.  The only real difference is there is no letter writing to the orphans, so no fees associated with that, but there is a 2% mining fee to keep the lights on.  It might be beneficial to somehow implement some of the letter writing on my pool in the future but I will talk to Bible_Pay about that.

So without further ado, Jesus said “Come after me, and I will make you fishers of men."  Nsummy says, I will make you miners of men!

poolport=80  

Great job!  Thanks.

A couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to change how often the worker hashrate, shares, etc is updated?  It seems like its going hours between updates on my site.  Is that what the poolthreshold variable is? 

2.  What should be the default page for the site?  I have it set to pool.ashx but I don't think that is right, as it just takes me to the login screen instead of the main page.
oliwer21

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:38:22 PM

Thanks for sharing. A really mysterious coin. Roll Eyes
Rule change without any notice is really bad.

The only thing I did was restrict heavy pool users from sending in more than 200 solutions per IP per 10 minutes, which technically didnt change anything yet
It changed a lot... multicore cpu are useless now again... you didnt see this? And if it didn't changed anything so why hps2 droped?
P.S. can you explain to diffrent things you said about running multi-deamon? What changed that you change you mind?

What part of biblepay have you contributed to that provides value Oliwer?

Showing bugs on wallet/pool hps/hps2. But devs dont care about it...
And ofc you don answer simple question as always... because it's to.... ?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2017, 09:39:30 PM

The script is from 2010. Maybe even earlier. It has good security, but it's not a script for multithreading. I'm working 10 years on multithreading windows and ubuntu. You destroy people who help BBP.
Not sure what you are referring to, but BiblePay was just started this year.  Our algorithm is not a copy of any other algorithm.

You know exactly what this script is based on. Let's make a team, let's do something positive. Too much anger, it is not needed. Inblue showed something. This script is old. On windows you can fix it x times. Your annoyance is bad. You can not do it yourself, because you do not have time. Everyone will go away with this attitude ...
Listen, I said it earlier and I meant it: the algorithm is NEW, its multi-threaded, and when we launched with X11 originally, it did use all of the processor.  It was not until it became a node based algorithm (f7000) when that changed.

You said something about a script being from 2010.  First of all, we have 3 platforms and 3 languages, so again, I dont even know what you are talking about when you say Script.  Even bitcoins tx are a script.  We have scripts in the command shell, we have scripts in the pool, we have c# scripts.  So your ambiguous comment makes no sense here.

Explain exactly what you mean before making a baseless negative comment.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
tiras

Activity: 221

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:42:17 PM

poolport=80  

@nsummy,   does your pool  have the same restrictions as BP introduced for a powerfull CPUs ?

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
J1980

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:48:04 PM

Is there coming a faucet for biblepay?

Ill add one to the pool and give away 100 bbp per ip address.

If anyone feels like running one that is already written, go for it also if you feel like it Smiley

Nice!
And 100 bbp is about 50% of what I mine per day on my slow laptop running linux. A New wallet always take hours to compile but is fun ;-)

B4yAWvff9qfEsXph5Jgs3xoQHsQvYNmX7A

macko20

Activity: 89

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 09:51:23 PM

Listen, I said it earlier and I meant it: the algorithm is NEW, its multi-threaded, and when we launched with X11 originally, it did use all of the processor.  It was not until it became a node based algorithm (f7000) when that changed.

You said something about a script being from 2010.  First of all, we have 3 platforms and 3 languages, so again, I dont even know what you are talking about when you say Script.  Even bitcoins tx are a script.  We have scripts in the command shell, we have scripts in the pool, we have c# scripts.  So your ambiguous comment makes no sense here.

Explain exactly what you mean before making a baseless negative comment.

You gave the source code, you created the pool. I analyzed the script for the first part. I do not know whether to create a pool. Miners are the most important. Unless 50USD will help others ...
nananaminer

Activity: 42

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:14:49 PM

A New wallet always take hours to compile but is fun ;-)

To speed up the compile time, add -j4 or -j8 after make. This way it compiles using 4 or 8 threads instead of just 1.

./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/"

sudo make -j8

Reference: http://www.linux-databook.info/?page_id=2319
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:28:47 PM

I think my pool is ready to go live.

Nice! I've directed one of my miners to your pool to see how it goes. Happy to see a second pool Smiley I agree with the dev that the pool owner is entitled to run the pool als he/she sees fit, and that includes adding/changing rules. But if there's only one pool, as you said, that owner becomes a lightning rod.

@macko20: I'm really curious about your views about multithread optimisations. You seem to have invested quite some time in this coin. And you're right: we should try to help each other the best we can to make this project work.

That takes me to inblue: I'm saddened to see you leave. You were such a valuable contributor to the project. I think that the things you did were open and honest. Of course, the idea the dev has for this coin is that running a full node entitles one to a relative big 'piece of the pie', and processing power comes second in importance. But that doesn't mean that users can't try to make multi-processor rigs (and rigs with a lot of threads) as efficient as possible, since they aren't cheap.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
nsummy

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:29:54 PM

poolport=80  

@nsummy,   does your pool  have the same restrictions as BP introduced for a powerfull CPUs ?

No,  no restrictions at all.
nsummy

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 10:32:53 PM

poolport=80  

Thanks for this, will try it today. Please share yours or the pool's donation address.
I'm running tools for some other early coins as well, at my expense, I know the cost associated with it. Happy to contribute.

Thank you Smiley  I don't need any donations yet though, I will post my address if the expense becomes too much though.  Hopefully the 2% fee can bring in enough but we will see.  I'm just happy to get the learning experience Smiley
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 16, 2017, 11:59:50 PM

Do you guys think pool.biblepay.org is mining on a fork? It's finding an awful lot of block all of the sudden...

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
tiras

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:43:16 AM

poolport=80  

thanks.  I switched 2 boxes to your pool .   Let's see how long it takes to get at least 1 block .

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
tiras

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:25:16 AM

Wait a minute here- the entire algorithm is public.  There were NO rule changes.  

The only thing I did was restrict heavy pool users from sending in more than 200 solutions per IP per 10 minutes, which technically didnt change anything yet.
That was on the pool side, to ensure the pool is not overrun by linux hackers.

When I said I raised the Diff, I was referring to the minimum difficulty share the pool hands out, which is not a global rule change, its the pool owners business.

This community has been transparent from the beginning.  I hope everyone can see that.

>>That was on the pool side, to ensure the pool is not overrun by linux hackers.

sense really bad attitude here.   
Running multiple daemons is possible on Windows the same way as on Linux.
it's a bad idea to treat people like this BP.

how exactly BBP was hacked on Linux ?

tiras

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:33:56 AM

Wait a minute here- the entire algorithm is public.  There were NO rule changes.  

The only thing I did was restrict heavy pool users from sending in more than 200 solutions per IP per 10 minutes, which technically didnt change anything yet.

When I said I raised the Diff, I was referring to the minimum difficulty share the pool hands out, which is not a global rule change, its the pool owners business.

This community has been transparent from the beginning.  I hope everyone can see that.

>>That was on the pool side, to ensure the pool is not overrun by linux hackers.

another question : did pool admin applied restrictions individually or to all Linux miners.  
I have Windows boxed where HPS2 and shares dropped dramatically too .

why would someone care investing in BBP time and money  if it can be manipulated that badly by the pool admins?

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 02:42:17 AM

another question : did pool admin applied restrictions individually or to all Linux miners.  

why would someone care investing in BBP time and money  if it can be manipulated that badly by the pool admins?

They wouldnt.  This coin is for the general public, not for greedy people like you, who are trying exploit widows and orphans.

Im for the widows!  The one against the pharisees!  Im for the blue collar worker in the pool, not the rich spoiled brat that has a new toy to point at the pool.

Im for the longsuffering, and the weak.

If you were WITH ME, you would be helping to create a FAIR escosystem -

Thats what I did with the pool.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 02:48:15 AM

Do you guys think pool.biblepay.org is mining on a fork? It's finding an awful lot of block all of the sudden...
It looks OK, daemon blockhash is good.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tiras

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:58:45 AM

They wouldnt.  This coin is for the general public, not for greedy people like you, who are trying exploit widows and orphans.

Im for the widows!  The one against the pharisees!  Im for the blue collar worker in the pool, not the rich spoiled brat that has a new toy to point at the pool.

Im for the longsuffering, and the weak.

If you were WITH ME, you would be helping to create a FAIR escosystem -

Thats what I did with the pool.

I though the more hashpower we generate the more kids we can donate to . Isn't it so ?  
that 's what 10+6+6 cut exists for.

Were restrictions applied to some people individually for their "greed" or it's an universal rule ?

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 02:59:06 AM

poolport=80  

thanks.  I switched 2 boxes to your pool .   Let's see how long it takes to get at least 1 block .

Wow, I was busy last few days and just finished reading all these messages, seems like a lot changes now.
I will try to move over my miner to your pool.

@inblue Yes, you're right that more hash will get more blocks. So, @bible_pay I don't understand why you don't want the hash power in your pool? If top 10 of the miners in your pool go solo, then I believe number of blocks solve by your pool will reduce a lot. And I believe profits will be the same in long run (either solo or pool), unless bad luck factor in.
Pages: « 1 ... 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 [132] 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: