Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 06:39:48 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119796 times)
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:25:45 AM

And I noticed that network hashrate drops a lot, it is now 166xxx, I remember it was 800xxx (if I'm not mistaken) over last week.

So, some big solo miners gone?
tiras

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:28:25 AM

And I noticed that network hashrate drops a lot, it is now 166xxx, I remember it was 800xxx (if I'm not mistaken) over last week.

So, some big solo miners gone?

makes sense

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 03:37:48 AM

Thanks for sharing. A really mysterious coin. Roll Eyes
Rule change without any notice is really bad.

Wait a minute here- the entire algorithm is public.  There were NO rule changes.  

The only thing I did was restrict heavy pool users from sending in more than 200 solutions per IP per 10 minutes, which technically didnt change anything yet.
That was on the pool side, to ensure the pool is not overrun by linux hackers.

When I said I raised the Diff, I was referring to the minimum difficulty share the pool hands out, which is not a global rule change, its the pool owners business.

This community has been transparent from the beginning.  I hope everyone can see that.

>>That was on the pool side, to ensure the pool is not overrun by linux hackers.

sense really bad attitude here.  
Running multiple daemons is possible on Windows the same way as on Linux.
it's a bad idea to treat people like this BP.

how exactly BBP was hacked on Linux ?

another question : did pool admin applied restrictions individually or to all Linux miners.  
I have Windows boxed where HPS2 and shares dropped dramatically too .

why would someone care investing in BBP time and money  if it can be manipulated that badly by the pool admins?

They wouldnt.  This coin is for the general public, not for greedy people like you, who are trying exploit widows and orphans.

Im for the widows!  The one against the pharisees!  Im for the blue collar worker in the pool, not the rich spoiled brat that has a new toy to point at the pool.

Im for the longsuffering, and the weak.

If you were WITH ME, you would be helping to create a FAIR escosystem -

Thats what I did with the pool.

I though the more hashpower we generate the more kids we can donate to . Isn't it so ?  
that 's what 10+6+6 cut exists for.

Were restrictions applied to some people individually for their "greed" or it's an universal rule ?

No, thats not the case with hashpower.  The more hashpower you generate, the more of the block share you take from my other valuable hobbyists in the pool.

Look, Im not against big hash power, Im just against an unfair advantage due to scripting multiple instances of biblepay on one box to squeeze extra HPS per node.

This coin was built to run One instance of biblepay and act as a full service node, not as a tool to exploit more hash power by running 10 hobbled down slow versions of the software to steal shares from the other miners in the pool.

I understand we started to experiment with the datadir script- but what we did not do, is no one created a thread for it and said Oh my look at this Rob, look this is 400% to someones advantage, no they started silently using it secretly in the pool until I noticed the top 10 users on the leaderboard had an unfairly high allocation of shares.

What Im saying is, this algorithm will continue to get tweaked until one processor with 25kh/s yields 25kh/s in the pool, and no one can run multiple degraded copies to squeeze more HPS out of the box at the expense of other miners.

Anyway, the only restriction on the pool is you cant solve more than 200 shares per IP per 15 minute time frame- that should not be a big deal, if it is you can still solo mine if you have that kind of hash to throw around.

I want to focus on adding value to this coin to end up with more Value for the orphans, not making it more mineable for profit.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
tiras

Activity: 221

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:53:10 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2017, 05:10:18 AM by tiras

Wait a minute here- the entire algorithm is public.  There were NO rule changes.  

The only thing I did was restrict heavy pool users from sending in more than 200 solutions per IP per 10 minutes, which technically didnt change anything yet.

When I said I raised the Diff, I was referring to the minimum difficulty share the pool hands out, which is not a global rule change, its the pool owners business.

This community has been transparent from the beginning.  I hope everyone can see that.

>>That was on the pool side, to ensure the pool is not overrun by linux hackers.

another question : did pool admin applied restrictions individually or to all Linux miners.  

why would someone care investing in BBP time and money  if it can be manipulated that badly by the pool admins?

They wouldnt.  This coin is for the general public, not for greedy people like you, who are trying exploit widows and orphans.

Im for the widows!  The one against the pharisees!  Im for the blue collar worker in the pool, not the rich spoiled brat that has a new toy to point at the pool.

I though the more hashpower we generate the more kids we can donate to . Isn't it so ?  

Were restrictions applied to some people individually for their "greed" or it's an universal rule ?

No, thats not the case with hashpower.  The more hashpower you generate, the more of the block share you take from my other valuable hobbyists in the pool.

Look, Im not against big hash power, Im just against an unfair advantage due to scripting multiple instances of biblepay on one box to squeeze extra HPS per node.

This coin was built to run One instance of biblepay and act as a full service node, not as a tool to exploit more hash power by running 10 hobbled down slow versions of the software to steal shares from the other miners in the pool.

I understand we started to experiment with the datadir script- but what we did not do, is no one created a thread for it and said Oh my look at this Rob, look this is 400% to someones advantage, no they started silently using it secretly in the pool until I noticed the top 10 users on the leaderboard had an unfairly high allocation of shares.

What Im saying is, this algorithm will continue to get tweaked until one processor with 25kh/s yields 25kh/s in the pool, and no one can run multiple degraded copies to squeeze more HPS out of the box at the expense of other miners.

Anyway, the only restriction on the pool is you cant solve more than 200 shares per IP per 15 minute time frame- that should not be a big deal, if it is you can still solo mine if you have that kind of hash to throw around.

I want to focus on adding value to this coin to end up with more Value for the orphans, not making it more mineable for profit.

>>nd no one can run multiple degraded copies to squeeze more HPS out of the box

I have no idea what "degraded copy" is.
I just ran few instances as it was openly discussed here to get better hashpower from the rented HW.  
And I'm not even in top 10 .   top 3 -5 are  likely from far east . they are still there and getting even more shares now thanks to this move. LOL

it doesn't look nice

BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Slack - Discord | C-CEX - CoinsMarkets | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:15:49 AM

No, thats not the case with hashpower.  The more hashpower you generate, the more of the block share you take from my other valuable hobbyists in the pool.

I don't quite understand, without the big miner hash, do you think other valuable hobbyists can solve blocks so frequent in the pool? Of course not!

So, what is the problem with having big miners in the pool? I really don't understand...
BTW, it is good to know there is another new pool and it welcomes big miners.

jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:59:35 AM

I don't quite understand, without the big miner hash, do you think other valuable hobbyists can solve blocks so frequent in the pool? Of course not!

So, what is the problem with having big miners in the pool? I really don't understand...
BTW, it is good to know there is another new pool and it welcomes big miners.

I also don't quite understand. If the boxes used have a lot of cpu-power, running more instances wouldn't really degrade the quality of the nodes, right? If you can assign a node to each processor of a multi-processor rig, then that seems fair to me.

I'm just a small miner myself btw, using only midrange single-cpu boxes. But I could view all those boxes together as 'one multi-cpu box', and then I would also be running multiple instances.

Of course, I could imagine that in the future, someone writes a script that starts as many nodes as possible on one box (say: 2 per thread or more, I don't know), thereby bypassing the original intent. And I could also see that as a sort of 'hack'. Satoshi Nakamoto also envisioned Bitcoin als a cpu-mined coin, by 'normal users', but nowadays there are specialized ASICs, mostly operated by a few big companies, that 'hacked' that original view. But I don't think you can do anything about it by changing pool-rules. The same miners, with the same optimizations, will only start mining solo or on another pool. And in the worst-case scenario, they will leave the project, which isn't good for anybody, because people like inblue are the ones that make this community great.

I think that a better way to go about this, is for everyone to just work together and try and make this coin as great as it's potential shows it can be. And make it as interesting as possible to mine by 'normal people'.

I understand the view of trying to make this 'a coin for the people, for the orphans', but in this world, people aren't likely going to invest time or money if there is no personal gain - myself included. It's sad that the world works like this, but it does in my view. So I think making this coin something worth to invest in (like with the 401k options etc), will only profit the orphans more, because it raises the value of the coin.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
oliwer21

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 07:01:45 AM

You don't see this all happen because you don't make your promises come true(about repair more than 4 core cpu hps2). You help people to solve the problem  and even don't say a word about is it ok for you or not. And now you are telling inblue that he is hacker and steals coins... as you said,  its opensource so isn't it his own upgrade of wallet?!?!
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:08:50 AM

No, thats not the case with hashpower.  The more hashpower you generate, the more of the block share you take from my other valuable hobbyists in the pool.

I like this. My single workstation will be much more appreciated in the pool, where at the moment, I really struggle!
Indeed the main aim was to help someone else, not to help greedy individuals.
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:29:17 AM

i told from begin= this coin is very very very strange=weird=nonundestarding= pitty that my english is very shit-poor and all my thoughts is in my head=  dev doesnt know how working mining= HSP2 vs HSP1 ...

can you anybody explain what is that 6% fee on pool? really that we have 6% fees on pool.biblepay.org?

@nsummy your 2% fees is better like fees on pool.biblepay?

next idiot question: why we cant see who hit block?  nsummy: on your pool we can see it?

thanks

jaapgvk

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:07:07 AM

i told from begin= this coin is very very very strange=weird=nonundestarding= pitty that my english is very shit-poor and all my thoughts is in my head=  dev doesnt know how working mining= HSP2 vs HSP1 ...

can you anybody explain what is that 6% fee on pool? really that we have 6% fees on pool.biblepay.org?

next idiot question: why we cant see who hit block?  nsummy: on your pool we can see it?

thanks

Haha! You know, at first I didn't really like you because you used such strong language all the time, but I'm starting to think you're alright and probably a good drinking buddy Smiley The 6% fee is for people on the pool that don't write letters to orphans. i think it's used to pay the 'Writing Bounty'. If you write one or two letters, the fee goes to 0%.

And just a remark for people that want to earn easy BBP: write some letters to orphans! The current bounty is almost 4000 BBP and it takes only a few minutes to write a letter. And of course, it's very nice for orphans to get letters from their sponsors!

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:20:26 AM

where is any guideline how to write letter? this coin is pain where nothing work how it could....no guideline....nothing.....  Roll Eyes  I do not even think that inblue left
is so hard to do help-guide for noobs?

time to change pool/solo mining or to jump to satancoin  Grin
writing letter to anybody?  Roll Eyes

next way will be muslimcoin  Cheesy

okkoh1

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:23:16 AM

Is this coin for one religion or all?
jaapgvk

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:01:15 PM

where is any guideline how to write letter? this coin is pain where nothing work how it could....no guideline....nothing.....  Roll Eyes  I do not even think that inblue left
is so hard to do help-guide for noobs?

time to change pool/solo mining or to jump to satancoin  Grin
writing letter to anybody?  Roll Eyes

next way will be muslimcoin  Cheesy

in the pool, go to 'orphans>sponsored orphans list'. There is a list of orphans. You can write them by right clicking on a name and select 'write'. The thing at the moment is - in my opinion - that it is not really easy to figure out which orphans have already been written to (you can find the already send/approved letters at the 'outgoing letters' tab).

ferohers

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:04:29 PM

Sadly I had to read all of this.

I strongly suggest all of you calm down. It is normal that people will have different views which can be hard to accept.

A few idea I captured includes my thoughts

a) the main focus is to help people. we should not forget that.
b) we need more people to join us, not a few big miners who want more coins.
c) being a pessimist and attacking the dev will do no good.
d) we need a PR person. who will act as a middleman. so the dev can focus improving the coin.
e) what we are doing here is non-sense. however helping orphans does make sense. so a world full of virtual coins which are pretty much each other, we have chance to become different.

I will pray for all.
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:27:59 PM

I strongly suggest all of you calm down. It is normal that people will have different views which can be hard to accept.

d) we need a PR person. who will act as a middleman. so the dev can focus improving the coin.
e) what we are doing here is non-sense. however helping orphans does make sense. so a world full of virtual coins which are pretty much each other, we have chance to become different.

I will pray for all.

Yes, I agreed that no point to dispute about pool issue here. Because solo miners are back, network hashrate returns to as high as few days ago did.
And I also think that it is best to get a PR person to work on communication at bitcointalk and other discussions.
jaapgvk

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 12:44:55 PM

What is this 25000 Biblepay / 2 Round.Huh?

Please guys help me, What is this 25000 Biblepay / 2 Round.Huh?

It's nothing to be worried about at the moment. I think it's originally a Dash feature and it's used to send instant/private payments. But I think it will only really be activated once the sanctuaries go live.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 01:32:42 PM

I will pray for all.

This is the best post I read in the last two days.  You can see the positive vision from every degree in this case.

Without it I was thinking of closing down this thread, but thanks Ferohers, I will keep it open longer and see what we can do to create a utopia here.

I want to formally invite a c++ dev to the slack channel that has worked before on one of the top 100 cryptocoins.  I want to collaborate with you on a few things, one being improving the multithreading in the biblehash algorithm to make it more consistent for everyone.  If you are interested please send me an email to rob@biblepay.org.

In the mean time, Im working on extending the bitcoin script language to add BiblePay contingent transaction types for retirement accounts.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 01:41:45 PM

What is this 25000 Biblepay / 2 Round.Huh?

Please guys help me, What is this 25000 Biblepay / 2 Round.Huh?

It's nothing to be worried about at the moment. I think it's originally a Dash feature and it's used to send instant/private payments. But I think it will only really be activated once the sanctuaries go live.

This means that no coins are mined

Why do you think that? As far as I know it has nothing to do with mining.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2017, 02:08:02 PM

I will add a much more descriptive paragraph to the pool on how to write a letter to an orphan later today. 

I wanted to throw this out there for the Zealous:  something I would do if I had more time, but Im currently writing a script language extension.

One use case for BiblePay is potentially a Bible Pay store.  Maybe we start with bibles and coffee mugs.  It would just be cool to be able to click on the item and buy it with bible pay.    One of the things I do on one of my sites is I give away bibles.  One of the cheaper ways to buy a good bible is to search for "NKJV" bible on Amazon, and you can usually pick up 3 at a time for $4 each and free shipping if you are prime member.  If I were taking a stab at this I would try to integrate "drop shipments" from the amazon API to drop ship your order directly to the end user.  So the idea is something like this:

Your new storefront offers Product 1: $8 for a NKJV bible, and say 10,000 in BBP.
User checks out.
Your API connects to amazon and drop ships to the user.

It would be sweet huh?

Try it if you are zealous!  Some day I will add a couple products to the pool, and add the shipping address fields to the user account.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 03:33:43 PM

thanks

My pool is running the same exact software as the other other one (minus the restrictions on number of shares submitted), so unfortunately you cannot see who found the block.  Ideally though that feature would be implemented in the future.
Pages: « 1 ... 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: