Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 04:50:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119795 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 06:21:09 PM

Im a bit confused by the network hashrate in the wallet:

"networkhashps": 355952751341.9575,

this stated that the hash rate is about 355ghs!  i guess theres a decimal misplacement here. and it must be something like 35mhs or something.

Can anyone confirm this, because my PC is doing about 20khps so either my PC isn't high enough or theres millions of computers on this network! Smiley

Thanks
Yeah, we were going to calibrate it after we figured the pool total hps.  Now that we have two pools, someone should be able to figure out the current HPS.

Who wants to take this on?  Then send me the results and Ill tweak the rpc command.

Thanks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:33:06 PM

On the subject of carrots and sticks.

I would caution against any activity that is so required it makes mining impossible if not done.  The safeguards put into place by this coin to reduce the likelihood of GPU or ASIC mining seem to be working well.  While there is a clarion call in religion to witness to others, there is also the warning to not judge others.  So, I would suggest, much like with the orphan letters, the rebuking of non or negative activity be with a gentle touch.  And the reward for doing such an activity also be modest so people are not performing for the rewards.

To me, the system with the orphan letters is reasonable.  If you don't write a letter (or a good enough letter), you lose 5%.  If you do write a letter, you share in the monthly stake of the 5% penalty.  I would refine this to say the penalty for non-action should cap out at 5% and half the penalty go to the orphan fund and the remainder split among those who act.

Furthermore I would argue if you go the blog route, that you would incentivize the MN holders to collude against some miners.  For if there were 10 MN, and we all had one miner, what would prevent us from saying collectively that the 990 other miners "weren't up to standard" and get 0 reward but we get 100% reward for our 10?  Again, if you have an avenue for a personal testimony type blog, or sermon blog, great.  And the network will actually subsidize it by hosting.  But to penalize someone who isn't religious or is simply a poor writer is not the way to witness to people.

So, taking it to the final step, I would suggest that a mining URL be optional but necessary for additional rewards.  In the short term you can tweak the Orphan Letter system or leave it as it stands for now.   The overall structure of a block reward could be tweaked to 10-5-40-40-5 (Orphan-IT/PR-Miner-MN-reward).  That anyone with a mining URL qualifies for a share if they've taken action in the prior 30 days, and an action being at this point either write an approved letter or have an approved blog post (requiring the same metric as the letters).  The reward would go round-robin much like the MN reward, with the reward going to the qualifying oldest URL that had not received a reward.

The upside is everyone quietly contributes to this, but it is very accessible to "win".  For those that don't want to do it, the penalty is minimal.  For those that want to participate, they strengthen the coin without an immediate reward.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
macko20

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 09:16:53 PM

Without investors, it is impossible. Someone has to buy a biblepay, otherwise it will fall. We must not count our chickens before they are hatched...
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 09:27:13 PM

On the subject of carrots and sticks.

I would caution against any activity that is so required it makes mining impossible if not done.  The safeguards put into place by this coin to reduce the likelihood of GPU or ASIC mining seem to be working well.  While there is a clarion call in religion to witness to others, there is also the warning to not judge others.  So, I would suggest, much like with the orphan letters, the rebuking of non or negative activity be with a gentle touch.  And the reward for doing such an activity also be modest so people are not performing for the rewards.

To me, the system with the orphan letters is reasonable.  If you don't write a letter (or a good enough letter), you lose 5%.  If you do write a letter, you share in the monthly stake of the 5% penalty.  I would refine this to say the penalty for non-action should cap out at 5% and half the penalty go to the orphan fund and the remainder split among those who act.

Furthermore I would argue if you go the blog route, that you would incentivize the MN holders to collude against some miners.  For if there were 10 MN, and we all had one miner, what would prevent us from saying collectively that the 990 other miners "weren't up to standard" and get 0 reward but we get 100% reward for our 10?  Again, if you have an avenue for a personal testimony type blog, or sermon blog, great.  And the network will actually subsidize it by hosting.  But to penalize someone who isn't religious or is simply a poor writer is not the way to witness to people.

So, taking it to the final step, I would suggest that a mining URL be optional but necessary for additional rewards.  In the short term you can tweak the Orphan Letter system or leave it as it stands for now.   The overall structure of a block reward could be tweaked to 10-5-40-40-5 (Orphan-IT/PR-Miner-MN-reward).  That anyone with a mining URL qualifies for a share if they've taken action in the prior 30 days, and an action being at this point either write an approved letter or have an approved blog post (requiring the same metric as the letters).  The reward would go round-robin much like the MN reward, with the reward going to the qualifying oldest URL that had not received a reward.

The upside is everyone quietly contributes to this, but it is very accessible to "win".  For those that don't want to do it, the penalty is minimal.  For those that want to participate, they strengthen the coin without an immediate reward.

Yeah, I like the gentle route myself.

I agree now, lets try to keep it simple and not add anything that makes it harder to mine.

But I still believe we should consider integrating God in, and be a God oriented community - one that at least witnesses and promotes a community that is growing closer to God.  One of the original visions was to make this a place where Christians can easily find each other, yet we will have a high percent of geeks.

Ok cool, we will just add F8000 to fix the 'processor mutex', add retirement accounts to have a highly deflationary sweep account, God nodes (super sanctuaries) with their actual use TBD, Blockchain News rebranded as multi-type objects, and Sanctuaries at Christmas.   And in-wallet trading from savings account to Biblepay.  And slack devs at Christmas.

Should keep us busy for a little while anyway.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:03:09 AM

Yeah, I like the gentle route myself.

I agree now, lets try to keep it simple and not add anything that makes it harder to mine.

But I still believe we should consider integrating God in, and be a God oriented community - one that at least witnesses and promotes a community that is growing closer to God.  One of the original visions was to make this a place where Christians can easily find each other, yet we will have a high percent of geeks.

Ok cool, we will just add F8000 to fix the 'processor mutex', add retirement accounts to have a highly deflationary sweep account, God nodes (super sanctuaries) with their actual use TBD, Blockchain News rebranded as multi-type objects, and Sanctuaries at Christmas.   And in-wallet trading from savings account to Biblepay.  And slack devs at Christmas.

Should keep us busy for a little while anyway.

watermine

Activity: 1

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:22:39 AM

Thanks for all the good work with this coin! Smiley
I have some questions:
1. How do I generate a receive address with for example 1000 BBP instantsend from the command line? In the GUI it looks simple but I can't find any documentation regarding this for command line.
2. How many devs are there in this project? github only shows 1
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:55:57 AM

For those not aware, we have sponsored a logo contest at Freelancer.

The contest entry phase has now closed.  We have 14 days to select a winner. Most of the entries are for JUST a logo, and not the complete package, so I will get in touch with Freelancer to determine how we can get additional material guaranteed with the prize money.  So the following link is the pool to select from what I think are the eight front runners (I'd have liked to had 10 but eight is the limit).  Many of the front runners submitted multiple designs with various tweaks and most seemed receptive to changes.

Go, vote and lets see if we have a new logo!

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTE1NzAwNDox

If you'd like to donate BBP to help defray the costs, my donation address is BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG but please give feedback on the contest without feeling any obligation.

ayuwick

Activity: 588
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:27:53 AM

I never imagined this .. imagine if there is ICO with the theme of religion .. and this is real it is indeed ICO religion .. but I think this ico is very interesting because I just first see and read ico about this religion .. I hope ico this is successful and has a noble goal
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:30:03 AM

I never imagined this .. imagine if there is ICO with the theme of religion .. and this is real it is indeed ICO religion .. but I think this ico is very interesting because I just first see and read ico about this religion .. I hope ico this is successful and has a noble goal

You are missing the point.  This is not an ICO.  This is a coin, with the theme of religion and helping the less fortunate.

How you missed the front page of this discussion is a bit mind boggling.

togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:50:46 AM
Last edit: October 21, 2017, 05:54:45 AM by togoshigekata

The contest entry phase has now closed.  We have 14 days to select a winner. Most of the entries are for JUST a logo, and not the complete package, so I will get in touch with Freelancer to determine how we can get additional material guaranteed with the prize money.  So the following link is the pool to select from what I think are the eight front runners (I'd have liked to had 10 but eight is the limit).  Many of the front runners submitted multiple designs with various tweaks and most seemed receptive to changes.

If you'd like to donate BBP to help defray the costs, my donation address is BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG but please give feedback on the contest without feeling any obligation.

Our current logo: http://biblepay.org/template_files/logo.png

From Freelancer I like 446 and 427 the most, but I like our original logo the best so far  Grin

Other coin logos:  http://ukcryptocurrency.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/order.png

I think I like a more minimalistic look, some images I collected -------->  https://imgur.com/a/rzIzw

Gawain

Activity: 6

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:04:07 AM

Really like the logo entry from Vascallis B. No offense to artist, it looks cool, but personally I think the current logo looks like a shadow has fallen over earth and the seas have turned to lava, while a giant cross stems from Mecca... Tongue
Edit:I take the shadow part of that back, the continents are only black on the pool website haha
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:37:44 AM

From Freelancer I like 446 and 427 the most, but I like our original logo the best so far  Grin

I think I like a more minimalistic look, some images I collected -------->  https://imgur.com/a/rzIzw

I will likely run a second poll with some other designs, the Dev gave a suggestion of what he thought would be good (the four attributes) and most of the best entries used that.  There were several more simplified logos, and, for instance, 450 has a simple logo in one quadrant that would lend itself to a simplified presentation.   The main issue I see is getting the other files we need although most of the contestants have been prolific and attentive to my every suggestion or criticism and have responded admirably.  So if there is one we really like but would be better with a minor tweak, I'm pretty sure we can get that done (and it's likely there are four or five other versions that were submitted by each artist to cover that possibility).   

oliwer21

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:12:34 AM

I have hope that coin stay more charity and less religous. I'm catholic and all this propositions(no ofence bbp) make me feel that i'm paying for coins by my faith...
Maybe we should open on more charity instutions like Red Cross. I think it will be huge when some day some charity organization would have on sponsor list "Biblepay miners"
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:08:01 PM

The contest entry phase has now closed.  We have 14 days to select a winner. Most of the entries are for JUST a logo, and not the complete package, so I will get in touch with Freelancer to determine how we can get additional material guaranteed with the prize money.  So the following link is the pool to select from what I think are the eight front runners (I'd have liked to had 10 but eight is the limit).  Many of the front runners submitted multiple designs with various tweaks and most seemed receptive to changes.

Other coin logos:  http://ukcryptocurrency.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/order.png

Haha, I have the same point of view as you did. Those logos from freelancer are good, but too complicated. I would say simple does better, so among freelancer logos + original logo, I like original one. But if I must choose one from the freelancer logos, I like 446, should I go and vote it?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:09:00 PM

Thanks for all the good work with this coin! Smiley
I have some questions:
1. How do I generate a receive address with for example 1000 BBP instantsend from the command line? In the GUI it looks simple but I can't find any documentation regarding this for command line.
2. How many devs are there in this project? github only shows 1
Welcome Watermine,

From the RPC, you can do a 'getnewaddress' and see it (and on a side note you can type validateaddress BBPADDRESS to see all the key info about it), then sendtoaddress address amount, to send coins from the command line.

On #2, There is only one dev currently committing to github, but I have a separate slack channel with other cryptocoin devs working on another cryptocoin project that has been around for years.  Its not clear if that same slack group will eventually merge with us.  In the mean time, I created a new slack team for this coin and we have 3 members (a technical writer and PR and a project manager).  We are now starting to look for official Biblepay devs, in hopes to bring them in for new development and maintenance after the Christmas release.

The timing on this is sort of deliberate, as I found its much more productive for us to sort of set a standard and a development template, and then open the floodgates and allow the other devs to help out after the rollout.  (IE to prevent too many cooks in the kitchen in the very beginning).  Im very optimistic about the github commit model.  We will open a testnet (staging branch) by the new year and let the new commits go in there (from the new devs), and have someone compile testnet wallets and that will allow the community to test the testnet version, a config manager will push commits that pass to prod- I will approve them and merge them into prod at which point our config manager will make an official build.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:21:04 PM

by me best logo but these is very nice too

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:22:37 PM

Other coin logos:  http://ukcryptocurrency.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/order.png

Yeah even though I like the actual elements themselves, and the divine slogan, I think Togo has a point - the lettering is possibly cluttering up the design and people might actually like the cleaner look like this one - for it to standout from a distance in partner pages and this one looks very distinct and original:

Out of all of the remaining 8, to me only 446 looks really professional like it might work for us:

In my opinion.

*If* we all were to go with 446, I would think maybe raise the center quadrant bar up higher in the coin to make it look like a cross, and see if the community likes the two current colors (Gold and red) -

In the end the one we pick, we can ask the designer to make one version of the coin with an edge with our divine slogan (just to have it), but the primary usable coin would be the clearer one.

But, being fair, I do like this 446 better than the one we have at least in the sense that we can tailor it a little more with some community thoughts before we receive the delivery (I hope).

West, will this freelancer poll work for us to pick the winner, or do we need a separate poll embedded on forum.biblepay.org?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:26:39 PM

hi, there is 2.27 immature coins at the mining pool in my account.

Question: how many coins per day will I mine, if that is how many I mined the first time?

Question: how do I increase the amount i get from mining?

Praise God, for he is good

Hi Satoshi,
The coins stay in immature state for 24 hours.  I have 2 machines on the pool and Im getting 840 coins a day.
To increase for mining, you can point more PCs at the pool.  We are Processor based.

Thanks.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:34:08 PM

bible_pay:  guide for masternode on wikiforum is user-friendly? and fix your wiki MASTERNODE (SANCTUARY) SUPPORT: Supported after Christmas 20117  

and font of words on forum.biblepay can be bigger :

tips for you Robert: you sometimes writing moore expertly, anytime i dont understand what about talking you .. shortcuts,technical terms, more ppl dont understand more expressions.. if will be this way, this coin will be dead

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 12:37:04 PM

I have hope that coin stay more charity and less religous. I'm catholic and all this propositions(no ofence bbp) make me feel that i'm paying for coins by my faith...
Maybe we should open on more charity instutions like Red Cross. I think it will be huge when some day some charity organization would have on sponsor list "Biblepay miners"
Yes, I think we need to separate God and Mammon (and I think we have done an excellent job on that part so far).  Imo, thats never compromising integrity to use Gods funds for anything greed based.  We all took the risk with the current money supply, but we tithed 100% of the 10% out of the chain that we promised and never compromised.  I ensured that I spent more than what I brought in revenue on Compassion, and always recorded the numbers at least $2 lower than actual to ensure Gods money is spent over and above what is promised.

Now as far as other charities that is the beauty of the sanctuaries.  Anyone from our community Will be able to enter a proposal to spend some of the Charity funds after Christmas!  IE, we are not set in stone to give it all to compassion.  But I must say, I am very impressed with Compassions 75%+ efficiency.

You have to look at it like this:  I have a lot of feelings for Childrens hospital, and what they are doing for kids with cancer, but we in the US who live high on the hog, in our glass houses have it too good compared to those starving in third world countries.  My point is Childrens has an overhead level where they might charge $1000 for an MRI or $500 for a pill, while that $1000 could have sponsored 25 orphans.

So, imo, I hope the sanctuaries will Vote Down any charity expense that expends the money too quickly, while we are small.  If we grow, and we have $50,000+ a month to spend, then sure, we could spearhead a Breast Cancer Awareness, a Childrens, a Red Cross etc.  Imo its just a matter of efficiency while we are small.  We need to consider giving lots of food to the starving also (IE C.A.R.E etc).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: