Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 07:58:25 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119799 times)
noob101

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 12:57:02 PM

So if I wanted to get to the 1.1m mark by Christmas I would need more machines to do this.
Has anyone mined BBP on the cloud?
Where is this possible?

Or is it cheaper to just make an account and buy on CCEX?

Thanks

Check out the testnet thread
http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=16.new#new

The $10 monthly Vultr VPS should work fine and let you transition from mining to mining + sanctuary.

Hi guys,

I am really interested in this. Where can I find a "how to" guide on this.  It would really be awesome.
Thanks in advance
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:04:11 PM

noob101 all is here http://forum.biblepay.org and here http://wiki.biblepay.org/Main_Page

noob101

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 01:16:27 PM

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately My name is noob101 for a reason.  I need step by step instructions and a nappy change.  I do appreciate you helping me. Smiley Thank you.
slovakia

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 02:07:51 PM

noob101 tutorial is step by step  Roll Eyes

zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 03:31:31 PM

Thank you znffal!

I used biblepay.sh to install BiblePay in home/user_name/biblepay, then rebooted the server and attempted to deploy the GUI. I'm unable to find the $BP_ROOT directory ... is the BP_ROOT the same as the user_name directory? Navigating to the folder /user_name/biblepay/src/qt and typing the command ./biblepay-qt returns the following:

user_name@IPaddress:~/biblepay/src/qt$ ./biblepay-qt
QXcbConnection: Could not connect to display
Aborted
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:39:38 PM

I was thinking of ways to make us a team player in the great tribulation, after reading that reddit post where someone asked us if we were the mark of the beast.

I was thinking, how can we create an outline of features that would provide value during the great tribulation, instead of rolling over and dying.

So far here is what came to mind:

- Reverse implosion database, full of phone numbers, addresses, contacts and background info on Christian members
- Biblepay Emergency mode, where each step of the ledger is either manually committed, or synced via an alternative network other than cat5/wifi
- Silver coins, survival food for sale for biblepay, from the pool (and hopefully in wallet eventually)
- Some groundbreaking feature that gives intrinsic value to a coin when the blockchain stops (this is if the internet completely goes down including wifi), or, an alternative idea that keeps the chain rolling
- A simpler protocol, one that can be executed by hand (probably not realistic)

A long time ago, while working for a blood delivery company, we had an emergency mode that we entered if the power and LAN went out.  We would take orders from hospitals, write them down manually, and if possibly print all the blood drivers routes out manually, and continue operations by moving papers around like it was in the 60s.  I was thinking, if we are fortunate enough in the great trib to move anything around, we could use this as one idea.

In the most basic sense, it would be valuable to have maps of where the Christians are (IE US), and band together and share our food and water, and help each other.  So of course with the block chain being private by default, most everyone will not want to share all this personal info by default.  But one option is maybe we build in an implosion database.  We could make it encrypt 'contact records' entered into the UI with a key on the client side that corresponds to an unlock key that is broadcast back to unlock all the data but only if the chain does not advance for 7 days straight.  Then, each users copy is fully readable (ie the whole record database).  

probably shouldnt be discussing all the plans publically lest counter measure be developed before hand right ? Smiley

Its better to discuss it now, so as to stake a claim in the idea and we can always say we thought of it first.  Im not worried about people stealing our ideas at this point in my life, I think we can do more good by working as hard as possible in creating a solid community and novel service and the world is big enough for any amount of new ideas.  I think not talking about it hampers progress.  When God produces apples on an apple tree he doesnt make the tree bear just enough to feed one person, he rains apples down.

The other reason is we can groupthink and it gives us a taste of what is valuable and not valuable.  I can tell within 20 comments or so when an idea is really useless.  We will end up with about 5 GREAT ideas, that the competition wont have a clue to implement them.  With the help of a few good devs, I think we will be successful on a couple.  Yes, there will be setbacks, (IE we merge one it and it is an utter failure), as its not easy to make something stick permanently in the blockchain.  We just have to be smart enough to roll back the Losers and get back up and keep adding until we have the secret sauce.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 04:48:31 PM

On the topic of bounties, I was thinking of something a little more true to the cause and salient than posting on twitter, etc.
What if there was a bounty for completing a Bible study / answering questions? I understand there are non-Christians involved in this project and thats is fantastic, but ultimately, I would also like to see those individuals come to Christ; at least open the Word and explore the truth and depth. If this is too pushy, I get it, I just know bounty campaigns are a big deal for attracting new users and it would be cool if we did something "more" than post a banner or spam BBP to random people.

Just thinking outloud -

Good idea.  Although this is more of a common sense idea, its still one of one of the best that makes or breaks us.  I know we have letter writing and somehow we are keeping it together with pool bounties, but we really should consider how we can make Biblepay University more of a reality, more professional more permanent.  Maybe part of the theme with Biblepay is you recognize where you are in your walk of faith, and we offer avenues to put you back on track, all completely optional.  But we need to pay the community members in BBP who volunteer to help others in the walk.  I would not mind getting paid answering theological questions (I have on some of the NDE youtube videos, with people who are either atheist or argue that Jesus is not Lord) etc.  Maybe a Theological FAQ system, where BBP users create a FAQ, and others answer the FAQ.  Or a live chat room where we pay a 'BBP Priest' by the hour to answer questions every day.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Peacefully_Graceful

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 06:44:05 PM

Are we being paid to tweet?

I tweeted and pinned the tweet to the exchange.

You can look at the tweet at
https://twitter.com/Biblepay_coin

or look at the tweet here
https://twitter.com/Biblepay_coin/status/925334320604119040

Does anyone know how expensive it is to get listed on coinexchange.io? This is a much higher volume exchange and masternode coins are popular. Also, a free trollbox to advertise.

I just opened an account and opened a ticket to see if they will list us, thanks for the idea.

I can run a small campaign at bitcointalk, which would pay a 10 people to retweet my pinned tweet at twitter to coinexchange.io

something like this:

@CoinExchangeio #coinexchangeio Please add biblecoin BBP for trading at coinexchange.io
#Exchange #Retweet TY

I have not tweeted that yet, but I could do that, and pin it to my profile for people to retweet
Or you could tweet that at your twitter account, and participants have to follow your twitter account and retweet that tweet and perhaps more?

I am thinking I would be ok with 5000 BBP for myself to complete this campaign,
and anywhere from 1000 to 5000 more BBP to be paid to the tweeters(100 to 500 per retweet and follow, the more you pay the easier
it will be to find people to participate in this campaign),
but only 10 tweeters for now and they must have at least 200 followers and not bot follower but real people following them,
and it must be an account that is crypto related and perhaps something to do with Jesus Christ or the Holy Bible to fit
with the theme of biblepay coin.

The conditions would be up to bible_pay though

(I did not send you this in a personal message, because I do not want to get banned for sending unwanted personal messages,
but let me know if it is ok with you for me to send you personal messages, so that in the future I could contact you in private
about this kind of thing.)

YourMom420

Activity: 430
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 07:15:15 PM

Since the pool now requires registration...did i lose all my previously mined coins?
slovakia

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 08:37:37 PM

TOTAL CIRCULATION: 5.2 BILLION BY 2050

5.2 billion is how much in EU?  milions miliards bilions biliards ??

5.2*1,000,000,000?

thanks for help:

hate this usa numbering scheme

znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:00:34 PM

Thank you znffal!

I used biblepay.sh to install BiblePay in home/user_name/biblepay, then rebooted the server and attempted to deploy the GUI. I'm unable to find the $BP_ROOT directory ... is the BP_ROOT the same as the user_name directory? Navigating to the folder /user_name/biblepay/src/qt and typing the command ./biblepay-qt returns the following:

Aborted

Hi zthomasz,

are you deploying this on a physical computer/server at home, or on a cloud server?

Most cloud servers won't let you use the graphical display so you can't use the gui.

You can still control from the commandline though.

Try
cd/biblepay/src
./biblepay-cli getmininginfo

for example

znffal

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 09:59:21 PM

Thank you znffal!

Aborted

Hi zthomasz,

are you deploying this on a physical computer/server at home, or on a cloud server?

Most cloud servers won't let you use the graphical display so you can't use the gui.

Try
cd/biblepay/src

for example

can someone who is mining from the cloud on one of those $5 boxes report how many coins they are pulling a day? over 1000 perhaps?

This number will change over time so it is more useful to say what HPS we are getting. I have a $5 box to test it out and it was getting around 15K HPS
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2017, 10:05:40 PM

Since the pool now requires registration...did i lose all my previously mined coins?
No, everything is safe, the only break in attempt Ive had is the person gluttoning the faucet.

If you want me to check your balance or something just email me at rob@biblepay.org.

The pool always required registration- its not possible to mine against it without a worker.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
znffal

View Profile
October 31, 2017, 11:38:33 PM

Thank you znffal!

Aborted

Hi zthomasz,

Try
cd/biblepay/src

for example

can someone who is mining from the cloud on one of those $5 boxes report how many coins they are pulling a day? over 1000 perhaps?

This number will change over time so it is more useful to say what HPS we are getting. I have a $5 box to test it out and it was getting around 15K HPS

so whats the formula to convert that into coins lol

i never understand what difficulty or height or any such things mean

I don't know if there is a formula.
Right now I guess that is about 100 - 200 coins a day or so. Total approximation, I might add
znffal

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 12:15:55 AM

Thank you znffal!

Aborted

Hi zthomasz,

Try
cd/biblepay/src

for example

so whats the formula to convert that into coins lol

i never understand what difficulty or height or any such things mean

I don't know if there is a formula.
Right now I guess that is about 100 - 200 coins a day or so. Total approximation, I might add

so at that rate and diminishing how are people going to fund these 1 million coins to get into a master node? out of pocket?

Well for perspective, my desktop with an old i5 gets around 60k HPS so newer models will be better.
But yet, I will mine what I can and then top up the rest by buying on an exchange.
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 11:53:32 PM

Hey, what will happen if you later get a surge in signature campaign participants will you then consider increasing the token allocation?

Hi halloweddartboard.  This is a coin, not a token.  Also there is no signature campaign (unless I missed something).

Are we being paid to tweet?

No.  There was no premine for the Dev to use for this or airdrops, but there is a faucet on http://pool.biblepay.org which you can use once every 60 days.

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
zthomasz

Activity: 489
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 12:39:29 AM

Has anyone been able to deposit USD funds into their C-CEX account recently? Would appreciate knowing what method you used.

At https://c-cex.com ...
"C-CEX codes let You transfer funds between C-CEX accounts instantly and without any commissions.  C-CEX codes are great way to deposit Your USD to our exchange!  Www.xmlgold.eu, money-change.biz and v-obmen.com are selling our C-CEX USD codes at reasonable prices with lot's of payment options.  After C-CEX USD code purchased You can use it to fill Your account with USD instantly!

The first two of the three links below don't work.  After translating the third one at v-obmen.com into English I still can't figure out how to actually do it.

Thanks!

znffal

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 01:29:50 AM

I like the communication and the expression of potential unique features such as a "Master Sanctuary" which is essentially an amplified masternode. I will however state that I don't think its a good idea at the current stage of the project. I think development should be constrained to Sanctuaries even in the medium term. Once Sanctuaries are live and deployable by the layman this project will take off. There is no need to incentivize whales beyond multiple masternodes. If a whale wants to participate with 15million biblepay stake, then let them run 15 or 30 masternodes, which ever is the cost. It would reinforce the network in a much more solid manner than to have a tiered caste system of masternodes.

Thanks for the advice, yes I agree 100% that we have to throttle resources appropriately.  I have a very strong sense of IT resource management grounded in reality as over the years Ive been burned on hard on IT deadlines and have adjusted it down to reality over the years.  

I agree on the comment of GodNode being slightly irreverent. Thank you.  When you have that 'feeling' in your stomach, its usually right.  Ill write down the top 7 we have so far and maybe we will make it into a vote later.

So JC I want to say - the Master Sanctuary (TBD) is not really driven by either greed or a quick to market solution-and I did not mean to imply the master sanctuary would be running the advanced solution at Christmas.  There are a couple processes that we really need in BiblePay that I feel will propel us into the top 50 if we can pull them off.  One has to do with a storefront API being embedded in the wallet.  To the user, I would really like to give them the ability to go to the RPC, and using a command similar to 'sendmoney address', we can allow them to purchase a NKJV bible with biblepays through a Master sanctuary.  If for example they typed in their address, city, state, zip into the config file.  Then maybe 'list products' and 'buy product 10000 11000'.  What Im thinking is the chosen hourly Sanctuary would run the accountability.biblepay.org, and also be a broker for bible purchases that become dropped shipped from the command line.  There is also another major feature I have to discuss.

So from a high level, Im very cognizant about the actual deliverables, but stepping down into reality, I think it would appear more like this for our end users in this case:

At Christmas, a sanctuary can be either lets say 1.1 million bbp for the standard one, or 11 million BBP for the master.  The second flavor of course requires the equivalent of running a pool and costs the user $60 a month extra.  During the first few months, the larger master sanctuary would only do one extra thing: run a web site.  Im saying, I think over Q1-Q2 2018, we can then have a solid base to merge in the advanced features we want to write - into our master sanctuaries.  

This is a pattern that needs to be established to give us a large IT footprint to make us really strong and decentralized as well, but on cutting edge, with new blockchain value added services for the end user.  

The early parameters on the financial side gives us the ability to start merging the code into the right codebases, so people know what is expected from their investment.

am i understanding this correctly. $770 to run a sanctuary and $7700 to run a masternode?

is that money paid to the charity fund?

what are the benefits to an investor to do this?

Don't take my word as Gospel, but I don't think we "pay" this amount to run the sanctuary (which actually is a masternode), we just have to own that much to run the sanctuary. The coins will be "locked-in" so to speak. If you shut down your sanctuary you get your coins back.
At least that is my understanding.

The advantage is that you recieve some block reward for running a sanctuary.
noob101

View Profile
November 02, 2017, 06:27:54 AM

Has anyone been able to deposit USD funds into their C-CEX account recently? Would appreciate knowing what method you used.

At https://c-cex.com ...
"C-CEX codes let You transfer funds between C-CEX accounts instantly and without any commissions.  C-CEX codes are great way to deposit Your USD to our exchange!  Www.xmlgold.eu, money-change.biz and v-obmen.com are selling our C-CEX USD codes at reasonable prices with lot's of payment options.  After C-CEX USD code purchased You can use it to fill Your account with USD instantly!

The first two of the three links below don't work.  After translating the third one at v-obmen.com into English I still can't figure out how to actually do it.

Thanks!

Hi

I used payeer coz they are the cheapest.  However, I have not yet tried to get money back from them so I can only vouch for giving them your hard earned money. lol.  Register on payeer.  Add your credit card (needs verification) or any other pmt structure they offer.  When you have a balance on payeer,  log in to C-cex and select "fiat" currency tab in "ledger" and click on deposit. It will ask how much and then ask what payment process you want to follow.  select payeer, and just follow the prompts.

Hope this helps

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2017, 01:57:30 PM

am i understanding this correctly. $770 to run a sanctuary and $7700 to run a masternode?

is that money paid to the charity fund?

what are the benefits to an investor to do this?

Don't take my word as Gospel, but I don't think we "pay" this amount to run the sanctuary (which actually is a masternode), we just have to own that much to run the sanctuary. The coins will be "locked-in" so to speak. If you shut down your sanctuary you get your coins back.
At least that is my understanding.

The advantage is that you recieve some block reward for running a sanctuary.

Correct, you tie up about 1.1 million biblepay in an escrow address and create a sanctuary keypair, and at that point you have the privilege to run a sanctuary, which gives you voting rights for the budget, and awards you approx 1.1 million biblepay in subsidies over approx. 12-24 months (The ROI is dependent on how many sanctuaries are competing with you).  The escrow is used to provide the instant send service (IE sending coins without confirms) and also for retirement account trading.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 [147] 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: