Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:29:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119796 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:43:01 PM

That is a News story about the store at the mining pool accepting biblecoins BBP to pay for stuff,
but can you pay me some BBP to post at the blog at https://biblepay.wordpress.com,
and do you have a little picture I can put with the post?

what about using the pic of the bible cover I see at the mining pool
at the store link/page?

And how much will you pay me to post it at the blog?

If there is any other story you want me to post about at the blog,
let me know, and I will do what I can to post it for you.

I can also tweet the post at twitter and pin it for a while,
but do not have much for retweets at the moment,
so will you pay for some people to retweet when I post something for you
at the blog?

I am averaging just over 100+ BBP per day by mining,
and I am glad to have found a coin I can mine with my cpu, but I want more coins than that

MORE COIN
MORE COIN
MORE COIN

as you see, I need/want MORE COIN Smiley

Until the Sanctuaries are up and running, you will only be donated to.  At that point, 5% of the take will go to IT and PR, of which your project could qualify.  Personally, I appreciate your enthusiasm for the project but it would be nice if you brought something new to the table.  Retweets and copies of reddit articles on a blog are what I would hope a socially active fan of the coin would be doing occasionally.  Don't take this as criticism, just you may be setting your expectations to be rewarded a bit high.

I can write original posts, for example, instead of posting here, I could instead write a post at the blog, but the blog isn't getting that much traffic atm, but it is likely a high percentage of crypto assocaited or believers associated who are looking at the blog, which is a target market for biblepay coin I think.

If biblepay wants to spin-off a blog at the main website at biblepay.org then I have the exact fit for that site, with the name of the blog being an exact fit for the website.
I will sell the blog to you for 100k biblepay BBP at this time, otherwise I will look to be paid to post,
that price might increase as the value of biblepay BBP coin increases.

As West pointed out none of us have any "free" money to give you (there was no pre-mine and no ICO).

So yes I agree in the Christian sense, give to those who ask, and we have been doing that (I sent something) and also provide the faucet which someone has gluttoned over 150,000 bbp from LOL, so just realize we are all in this together and all start with zero.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 05:44:27 PM

I just created a Very Important Poll for BiblePay.

We need everyone here that cares about BiblePay to vote on this topic by December 3rd! 

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=33.0

Thanks!

Rob

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
ride22

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:52:44 PM

Can someone tell me what I am looking at in the mining pool?  What is the Hash per second vs the Hash Per Second2?

I undersand what H/s is, but I am confused on the h/s2. 
Thanks
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:57:26 PM

Can someone tell me what I am looking at in the mining pool?  What is the Hash per second vs the Hash Per Second2?

Thanks

H/s is what your computer is reporting.  H/s2 is what your computer is actually mining at based on found shares (effective hash rate).

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
ride22

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

Thanks

H/s is what your computer is reporting.  H/s2 is what your computer is actually mining at based on found shares (effective hash rate).

Thanks
616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:11:26 PM

I can write original posts, for example, instead of posting here, I could instead write a post at the blog, but the blog isn't getting that much traffic atm, but it is likely a high percentage of crypto assocaited or believers associated who are looking at the blog, which is a target market for biblepay coin I think.

If biblepay wants to spin-off a blog at the main website at biblepay.org then I have the exact fit for that site, with the name of the blog being an exact fit for the website.
I will sell the blog to you for 100k biblepay BBP at this time, otherwise I will look to be paid to post,
that price might increase as the value of biblepay BBP coin increases.

I personally appreciate your enthusiasm for the coin, but you have to understand there is no budget, no pre-mine to do that.  The work that the reddit mod goes to is pretty significant (and he maintains a twitter too) yet as far as I know he's not been paid for his considerable work and effort.  When I took the reins for the Logo contest on Freelancer, I did it with the understanding I was benefiting the coin but plunked down a good amount of cash  to make it work.  I am appreciative I got donations, but my goal was not to earn BBP, my goal was to improve the coin.  So, in short, please keep doing PR for the coin if that is where your heart is, but don't expect your wallet to be filled for that.

coinpimp321

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:39:01 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2017, 06:52:21 PM by coinpimp321

can someone help me understand the exchanges?

i see listed there a huge amount of bbp for sale at a price. does that mean whoever listed that is first in line to sell it? if so that is rather unfair as it provides no liquidity for other people. is that just the way it is in crypto? new to this scene.

if its the case that the big time miners will flood the exchanges with coins, then how is this supposed to function as a currency? if we cant convert the bbp into something spendable (ie food, rent, etc) then what?

again i am new to crytpoeconomics. if someone can suggest some strategies or expectations id appreciate it. id like to set realistic expectations and goals.
616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 06:52:28 PM

i see listed there a huge amount of bbp for sale at a price. does that mean whoever listed that is first in line to sell it? if so that is rather unfair as it provides no liquidity for other people. is that just the way it is in crypto? new to this scene.

if its the case that the big time miners will flood the exchanges with coins, then how is this supposed to function as a currency? if we cant convert the bbp into something spendable (ie food, rent, etc) then what?

again i am new to crytpoeconomics. if someone can suggest some strategies or expectations id appreciate it. id like to set realistic expectations and goals

The exchanges work like they do on the stock market.  So right now, the highest buy order is 10 and the lowest sell order is 11.  To make it easier to explain, I'll say there are 100K coins offered at each price. 

So that means, right now, if you had 50K coins to sell, you could instantly sell them for 10 each (minus the C-Cex commision) and net in round numbers .005 BTC.  If you wanted to buy 50K coins, you could instantly buy them at 11 each for a cost of .0055 BTC. 

The other option is to put in buy or sell orders at a given price, in which case you will have a standing order at that level until filled or cancelled.

One more complication, let's say the highest buy order was 10 for 100K and the next highest was 9 for 100K.  If you wanted to instantly sell 150K coins, your first 100K would be sold at 10 and then the last 50K would sell for 9.  Finally, lets say the highest buy order was for 10 at 100K and you also thought 10 was the right price to buy at.  So if you put in a buy order for 10 at 50K, your order would be behind the first 100K's order and you would get the 100,001 - 150,000th coins sold at that price.

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 07:11:27 PM

again i am new to crytpoeconomics. if someone can suggest some strategies or expectations id appreciate it. id like to set realistic expectations and goals.
One problem with crypto is there is a limited inflow of Fiat into the market per day, so some functions, like cashing out, you have to give yourself a few months instead of days. 

We also have the issue where our market depth is very thin since we are only on one exchange.  After we sign on one of the bigger exchanges like bittrex the depth should increase to 5 BTC+ per day (in contrast to .25).

One thing to keep in mind though is there is a certain amount of ghost liquidity.  People who are not showing their hand.  They will buy when the market is crashing and sell when its increasing.  One example is one certain coin jumped about 800% in one day, when the buyer bought every coin in the order book.  Within 8 hours, 100 users made deposits and set sells in between the high of the day and the midpoint.  Those were hidden orders that became liquid 12 hours later.  The same thing happens when someone sells at market.  I guarantee a few Biblepayers will jump on and buy 2-3btc worth if someone sells us down to 7satoshi for example.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:20:32 PM

One thing "hurting" the price in some regards is the huge bull market of BTC.  So it appears on some hands that we're losing a lot of ground because we're in the 10 range, but the 10 satoshi range is roughly equal to the 15 satoshi range for BTC at about $4500.

So if you look at the "cash" value, we're not too far off of where we were a few months ago, which given the limited market that C-Cex has, is not to be unexpected.

About the only market you can cash in or out of instantly is the BTC market because the volume is so large.  In a smaller coin, you do have to be more patient.

coinpimp321

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 07:40:45 PM

again i am new to crytpoeconomics. if someone can suggest some strategies or expectations id appreciate it. id like to set realistic expectations and goals

The exchanges work like they do on the stock market.  So right now, the highest buy order is 10 and the lowest sell order is 11.  To make it easier to explain, I'll say there are 100K coins offered at each price. 

So that means, right now, if you had 50K coins to sell, you could instantly sell them for 10 each (minus the C-Cex commision) and net in round numbers .005 BTC.  If you wanted to buy 50K coins, you could instantly buy them at 11 each for a cost of .0055 BTC. 

The other option is to put in buy or sell orders at a given price, in which case you will have a standing order at that level until filled or cancelled.

One more complication, let's say the highest buy order was 10 for 100K and the next highest was 9 for 100K.  If you wanted to instantly sell 150K coins, your first 100K would be sold at 10 and then the last 50K would sell for 9.  Finally, lets say the highest buy order was for 10 at 100K and you also thought 10 was the right price to buy at.  So if you put in a buy order for 10 at 50K, your order would be behind the first 100K's order and you would get the 100,001 - 150,000th coins sold at that price.

thanks. so it sounds like you an sell for btc instantly as long as its for the market price.

can you help me understand what would actually make sense after all the fees and such. i dont understand how much the exchange gets if i decide to sell bbp for btc. but then i think they take an amount when you move the coins out of the exchange?

if you can give me some rough guidelines of a breakeven point or minimum bbp to mine to make a profit (after all the fees) that would help me (and others im sure) on how aggressively to mine it
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:26:33 PM

Rob,

I like the improvements that have appeared at the pool site.  love the store idea and the enhancements to the dashboard page!

is there any way you can update the dashboard so it shows the mining balances (final and immature) with usd as well as btc value?

since you have the exchange data points should be possible and perhaps simple feature

thanks!
togoshigekata

Activity: 1260
Merit: 115

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 08:54:52 PM

One thing "hurting" the price in some regards is the huge bull market of BTC.  So it appears on some hands that we're losing a lot of ground because we're in the 10 range, but the 10 satoshi range is roughly equal to the 15 satoshi range for BTC at about $4500.

So if you look at the "cash" value, we're not too far off of where we were a few months ago, which given the limited market that C-Cex has, is not to be unexpected.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/biblepay/

I like to look at this chart to see BiblePay value in USD
(Unclick Market Cap and Price BTC at bottom of chart)

coinpimp321

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:46:27 PM

If you would like me to create you a right side up one of these for your project or advertising campaign PM me Smiley lol

im so happy this forum has an ignore feature. its right under the user name.

so they can keep posting this nonesense but no one will see it lol
nananaminer

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:32:19 PM

If you would like me to create you a right side up one of these for your project or advertising campaign PM me Smiley lol

Even better, you can report these kind of posts as spam using the 'Report to Moderator' button at the bottom ride of the users.
Helps keep the forum clean.
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:44:48 PM

wanted to share my experiences on trying to sell a biblepay coin   Huh Huh Huh

i created account on the exchange. that part was fairly simple

then i sent it 1 biblepay coin to the exchange. well i should say its sending it. they need 7 confirmations. each one appears to take 4 minutes. so i guess half hour to move from biblepay wallet to exchange

once that is in i guess i go to the sell and put in my coin at market price

i think they are asking for 1 satoshi as their fee?

but what really shocked me is to withdraw the btc to my own btc wallet

they want 200k satoshi  Shocked Shocked Shocked. thats $14! on the sale of 1 biblepay @ $0.0007!

that means id have to sell at least 20,000 bpay coins @ 10 satoshi to even be able to get 1 satoshi out of it

so i figured that bibleplay coin when/if sold will be locked up at that exchange.

is that correct? its really crazy how much is lost to the exchange just trying to liquidate to btc

surely i must be wrong in my estimate?  Huh Tongue Huh Cry
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:41:54 PM

TRYING TO SELL BIBLEPAY...the saga continues

so an update. after a little under an hour, the biblepay made it through the internets into the cozy hands of ccex.

next i proudly went to the trade page, and listed it at 11 satoshi.

"Here you go kind sir, i have come with my humble biblepay coin for the listed 11 satoshi"

"Ah yes, hello there. i heard it took us an hour to get there. no worries we still have buyers. lets see. you have 1 biblepay coin?"

**HAHAHAHA**

"NO you PEASANT...have you not see the little pop up!. Let me sneak it up under your eyes. Can you not read PEASANT!"

so i read the pop up. so small. scrolls up at the lower left. the squirms away when i try to copy it

[amount must be 0.0001]

"You see you peasant lad. you must sell us at least 0.0001 btc of biblepay. come back when you have 1000 biblepay!"

"1000 biblepay! good sir. my little farm can produce but 4 or 5 a day sir."

***HAHAHAHA***

"And remember lad. you must do this 20 more times before we will even let you take out one satoshi from here"

"But kind sir. think of the children!"

"Away PEASANT. this is the land of crypto. all your satoshi are belongs to us"
Kayaman85

Activity: 210

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:53:21 PM

Even better, you can report these kind of posts as spam using the 'Report to Moderator' button at the bottom ride of the users.

How exactly is it spam? I was offering this project my services, was offering to create them a cross using their coins name Smiley

This is not spam.
nananaminer

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:51:38 AM

How exactly is it spam? I was offering this project my services, was offering to create them a cross using their coins name Smiley

This is not spam.

Well your first message was a typical troll/spammer post for which you were referred to details of the project hoping you would join the community.
Your second message was an unnecessarily formatted message without any context. I'm right to assume that you're just posting spam posts across forums based on your post history. I wouldn't have said anything if you posted the way you posted now. And my advice wasn't limited to you but for any spammy posts in general.

Apologies if you are genuinely interested in the project and thus offering to help, just so you know there's no premine to offer any payments for your said posts.
nananaminer

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 12:56:50 AM

TRYING TO SELL BIBLEPAY...the saga continues ...

This is both hilarious and equally informative post for some reason. Smiley
I didn't know CCEX 's fee structure and minimum order limits as I haven't sold any.
PM me your bbp address.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: