Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:22:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e hacked ??  (Read 199686 times)
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 12:24:10 AM

So those six check boxes at the refund page is to agree to withdraw funds now and lose 45%, as well as your account?
Yeah, the check box that says "I agree that my account will be deleted without an option to restore it after the return of 55% of my funds."   might be related to that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
thiec

Activity: 854
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 03:56:34 AM

Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there
https://btc-e.nz/refund

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.
All funds will be returned during 72 hours.

I am curious about how the fiat converter rate to BTC/LTC/ETH (50/25/25)
If rate before its shutdown, than fiat will not lose much since the coin value rise since then.

rakka

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 04:05:06 AM

Isn't btc-e going to release another FAQ regarding verification today so people can make a educated decision to withdraw today or not?

it's already there
https://btc-e.nz/refund

Being in the US I opted for the refund. It seemed to be the safest thing to do. Hoping to see something within 72 hours.

Can you guys clarify what the terms are? What does it say when you log in and click the refund tab? I won't be at home for like 8 hours and I just get an error message when I click the refund link while not logged in. Could you copy/paste the terms? We have to wait 72 hours and we will get output based on the current market rates (at withdraw time)?

Thanks in advance.

This page is made for an immediate return of funds for those who do not want to wait, or do not believe in us.
You can receive 55% of your funds immediately, without verification, provided by your consent to refuse to receive the other 45% of funds.
All funds will be returned in coins only. That is why if you had funds in fiat currencies (USD, RUR, EUR), first they will be converted into USD at the exchange rate of Central Bank of Russian Federation, after that USD will be converted into liquid coins(50% BTC, 25% LTC, 25% ETH) at the exchange rate of other cryptocurrency exchanges and returned to them.
After the return of funds following this procedure, your account will deleted forever, without a possibility to restore it. If you wish to continue working with us after relaunch, you would have to open a new account.
All funds will be returned during 72 hours.

I am curious about how the fiat converter rate to BTC/LTC/ETH (50/25/25)
If rate before its shutdown, than fiat will not lose much since the coin value rise since then.

no the refund page shows that its todays rate... which kinda sucks
btcboi

Activity: 7

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:32:19 AM

If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:43:46 AM

If anyone wants to weigh in on the risk of waiting until Sept 15 for NON US citizens, that'd be good.

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.

btcboi

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:48:35 AM

in my mind, the primary distinction is not between US and non-US. if you're a brit or aussie, do you really want to risk sending your documents (and DNA sample, etc. given their past verification procedures) to the new exchange? they were indicted by the goddamn feds, who consider btc-e's funds to be the proceeds of money laundering. i'm not fucking with the FBI and neither should you, at least if you're from a western/non-CIS country.

if you're russian or from a former soviet republic, you don't have much to worry about. and maybe i'm blowing this out of proportion. but i'm probably gonna give up 5 figures value here to walk away from this without having any of that hanging over my head.

plus, maybe i can get access to funds sooner this way, and can hedge as i see fit. two weeks in this volatility is a lifetime longer to wait.

DNA sample? When was this, what kind of DNA??

Would are the implications of getting caught up with the FBI if you're outside their jurisdiction?
Error 522

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 06:53:42 AM

You will be able to do SOME THINGS without verification, the question is exactly what...
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:10:39 AM

regular verification was already harsh, not just passport/utility bill but notarized paper copies sent to some unknown person in Malaysia. but if you ever got locked out of your account (e.g. if you were inactive for one year or more) then they would institute very arbitrary means of verification. search around the forums a bit; there are many cases where people were unable to pass this verification (even after ID documents, email verification, etc.) or where they simply stopped responding. asking for transaction IDs from funding transactions from 4 years earlier, or signed messages from associated addresses, etc.

it's the ambiguity around verification that makes me think i shouldn't wait around to find out what the terms are. they say you can withdraw now "without verification" OR use the new site  which "will operate in the legal field of AML, KYC, the necessary licenses"......

Would are the implications of getting caught up with the FBI if you're outside their jurisdiction?

outside their jurisdiction, like where? russia? kazakhstan? china? then you have no concerns here. but US jurisdiction goes quite a lot further than its borders, as evidenced by the domain seizure (aussie company), the vinnik arrest (greece), the frozen funds (british company).

i'm not so worried about something like a criminal investigation. but there is a slight worry about civil asset forfeiture. any funds from them could be considered seizable by the US government (new brand or not). so just be careful about how you deal with the taint when cashing out to fiat in the future.

like i said, maybe i am blowing this out of proportion. maybe i am paranoid. but i never saw the feds indict a fucking BTC exchange before, and say in the press release its customers are all criminals. that's some shit i'd like not to be involved with.

You will be able to do SOME THINGS without verification, the question is exactly what...

we can trade. they are being deliberately opaque about the terms for withdrawals without verification. i take that as a major risk factor here. i'm not one of those people with 0.05BTC in my account. it makes a huge difference what kind of limits they will place on withdrawals.

the stuff i mentioned above is because i am pretty confident their servers will be seized again by the feds in the future. unless they really are setting up in the donetsk. Grin but i'm actually more worried about my identity getting stolen. we don't know the terms of verification, and if it's as bad or worse than previously, i'd much rather get 55% now and walk away from it. having that hanging over my head.....no thanks. Undecided

arvin777

Activity: 196
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 07:35:08 AM

Before btc-e crash I had 12000 ppc in my account and now checked it and 12000 ppc is in my account. No ppc-e all of it ppc. After 15 sep 45% will be converted to token or what?

XCN wallet:
JaimenSon

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:18:49 AM

Hi people!

In my account has few money, becouse this account was for learn. I see refound but i accept this condition, i'm recive  0.03 btc/0.06
I'm want to recive 0.06 btc since I need them.

what do i do i wait? Will the verification be as complicated as you are saying?i wait?

Thank you so much.
elasticband
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

Nighty Night Don't Let The Trolls Bite Nom Nom Nom

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:32:18 AM

This is kinda funny.

Give up 45% of the account to walk away now without I'D

For those that wait they will get the 45% of those who didn't wait....
 Debt paid off without tokens and everyone should be happy.

Long live btc-e 😂🤣😅
Old_Timer

Activity: 131
Merit: 13

In the fray since 2013.

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:35:16 AM

so is the window for 55% still open? if yes until when?
Sukovsky

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 08:45:40 AM

I will wait and verify. Happy that I'm not from that 3rd world idiocracy called Murrica.
R2Pleasent

Activity: 139

Owner@ CryptoFundingTracker.com

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2017, 09:52:43 AM

regular verification was already harsh, not just passport/utility bill but notarized paper copies sent to some unknown person in Malaysia. but if you ever got locked out of your account (e.g. if you were inactive for one year or more) then they would institute very arbitrary means of verification. search around the forums a bit; there are many cases where people were unable to pass this verification (even after ID documents, email verification, etc.) or where they simply stopped responding. asking for transaction IDs from funding transactions from 4 years earlier, or signed messages from associated addresses, etc.

it's the ambiguity around verification that makes me think i shouldn't wait around to find out what the terms are. they say you can withdraw now "without verification" OR use the new site  which "will operate in the legal field of AML, KYC, the necessary licenses"......

outside their jurisdiction, like where? russia? kazakhstan? china? then you have no concerns here. but US jurisdiction goes quite a lot further than its borders, as evidenced by the domain seizure (aussie company), the vinnik arrest (greece), the frozen funds (british company).

i'm not so worried about something like a criminal investigation. but there is a slight worry about civil asset forfeiture. any funds from them could be considered seizable by the US government (new brand or not). so just be careful about how you deal with the taint when cashing out to fiat in the future.

like i said, maybe i am blowing this out of proportion. maybe i am paranoid. but i never saw the feds indict a fucking BTC exchange before, and say in the press release its customers are all criminals. that's some shit i'd like not to be involved with.

we can trade. they are being deliberately opaque about the terms for withdrawals without verification. i take that as a major risk factor here. i'm not one of those people with 0.05BTC in my account. it makes a huge difference what kind of limits they will place on withdrawals.

the stuff i mentioned above is because i am pretty confident their servers will be seized again by the feds in the future. unless they really are setting up in the donetsk. Grin but i'm actually more worried about my identity getting stolen. we don't know the terms of verification, and if it's as bad or worse than previously, i'd much rather get 55% now and walk away from it. having that hanging over my head.....no thanks. Undecided

By your logic, you'll then want to anonymize your coins after withdrawing.  There are some pretty advanced systems out there to link wallets to real identities.  So if you truly believe there is a risk receiving funds from BTC-e, then you have work to do separating yourself from them.  Personally, I don't think individuals are going to be targeted by any 3 letter organizations.  If you can show your deposit to the exchange, then you can prove you are just withdrawing your own money. 

Owner & Co-Founder @ CryptoFundingTracker.com
btcboi

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:32:21 AM

By your logic, you'll then want to anonymize your coins after withdrawing.  There are some pretty advanced systems out there to link wallets to real identities.  So if you truly believe there is a risk receiving funds from BTC-e, then you have work to do separating yourself from them.  Personally, I don't think individuals are going to be targeted by any 3 letter organizations.  If you can show your deposit to the exchange, then you can prove you are just withdrawing your own money. 

I take it you'll be waiting til Sept 15th?
Lionel

Activity: 613
Merit: 305

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 10:45:56 AM

From here https://btc-e.nz/refund i read that you can get the 55% of your money immediately without verification, BUT you have to refuse to take the 45%.

It would not be that bad , but what should we do for getting also the 45% ?
I did not find an explanation for this on the official site.

I have "just" 1.43 ETH in total after all, but it's just for curiosity
erk

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:06:12 AM

I take it you'll be waiting til Sept 15th?

One of the troll box people set up a poll

Are you withdrawing now or waiting until september 15th? VOTE: https://vote.pollcode.com/62684153
gollygosh

Activity: 160

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:18:46 AM

Anyone else get an email like this:-

At this moment 65% of balances on wallets is in stock, the rest of balances on wallets will be turn into tickets, which we will buy from you. Vouchers can be buy and sell on our market. On September 13 we will start money transfers to your purses. Before September 8, please fill a blank which you must download from the attachement, and send it to btce@btc-e.nz

BTC-e managers.

erk

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:22:57 AM

At this moment 65% of balances on wallets is in stock, the rest of balances on wallets will be turn into tickets, which we will buy from you. Vouchers can be buy and sell on our market. On September 13 we will start money transfers to your purses. Before September 8, please fill a blank which you must download from the attachement, and send it to btce@btc-e.nz

BTC-e managers.

Sure got several, shoved them in the trash straight away before infection.
shrodix

Activity: 32

View Profile
September 03, 2017, 11:58:21 AM

BTC-e managers.
scam
Pages: « 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 [113] 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 »
  Print  

Jump to: