Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:34:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:08:18 PM

Could someone please tell me when the launch of the test network is scheduled? Is there any specific release date?
According to the DATUM whitepaper (you can find it here: https://datum.org/assets/Datum-WhitePaper.pdf) the launch of the test net aka the beta release will be in December 2017. A feature complete release candidate will be deployed in March 2018.

December 2017 isnt that far Smiley
The testnet will be launched a month after the ICO so thats a great reason to hold your investment. Then 3 months later they release the official platform.

So invest now if you believe in this project.
Profits will be there very soon!

This project has been in BCT for many months, i've been waiting a lot, so a little bit more is not so bad, the testnet will be a good opportunity to test the technology, but in my case, I rather buy the tokens once I know how the technology works, not before.
When the technology will start to work, the price can immediately fly off to the moon and you will only look at it with sadness in your eyes...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matjas

Activity: 798
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:17:27 PM

Could someone please tell me when the launch of the test network is scheduled? Is there any specific release date?
According to the DATUM whitepaper (you can find it here: https://datum.org/assets/Datum-WhitePaper.pdf) the launch of the test net aka the beta release will be in December 2017. A feature complete release candidate will be deployed in March 2018.

The testnet will be launched a month after the ICO so thats a great reason to hold your investment. Then 3 months later they release the official platform.

This project has been in BCT for many months, i've been waiting a lot, so a little bit more is not so bad, the testnet will be a good opportunity to test the technology, but in my case, I rather buy the tokens once I know how the technology works, not before.
When the technology will start to work, the price can immediately fly off to the moon and you will only look at it with sadness in your eyes...

I think it will have to be functioning for some time before the price goes to the moon but it certainly has a potential for it. If nothing else, they managed to reach a lot of users with that giveaway promotion which was going on for a long time.

ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:37:15 PM

I think it will have to be functioning for some time before the price goes to the moon but it certainly has a potential for it. If nothing else, they managed to reach a lot of users with that giveaway promotion which was going on for a long time.
It's better to buy tokens before the platform is released, if you believe in the success of the project. with me it was so many times when I regretted that I had got on the wrong train. I think Datum moon-train what you need.
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 05:59:09 PM

DATUM will be a great platform. Sell and control your data.
You can choose what data you want to sell to the companies.
Yeah, it's better than having google or FB making money on our own personal data.

definitely, but I like the control aspect the best. making money of it is the cherry on top.

The companies sell those data and make money then why not us.? Its our data and we have to #TakeBackOurData.

It's sure that it would be better for companies to directly get the datas from the original source, the problem will be at which price.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:09:48 PM

The value is not only the data, it’s the ata you grate on your own, data about you, your habits and what you like. This is the real value of the data, and this is why many bug compagnies like amazon or google are so big, cause they manage all these data about us. Now datum will do the same and offer us a chance to see that economy and to understand it.

that is another interesting perspective to look at it. I can def see use cases in the future where are own behavioral data can be very useful when the products we use get better AI

Well this is becoming scary... behavioural data and an AI which analyses that ... I don't think I want this to happen. Imagine being constantly harassed by marketing companies with products that seem to be tailored to your behaviour? Hmm no thanks.
I'm pro selling our gathered data to some companies for medical research and advancements of technology but it will be a fine line to being misused.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:22:44 PM

Yes, I will also hold my stakes at least until main net release. If you are interested in trading instead of hodling, you could sell the news of the roadmap milestones.

the datum tokens should be held for as long as possible if you want to make money. then again you can make new ones by selling your data Wink

Why would you say should I hold my tokens as long as possible? What is it exactly that I need my tokens for except buying data?
windreamteam

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:24:27 PM

Datum is the revolution of personal data. It empowers individuals by giving them the ability to act directly on their data and by limiting interactions with intermediaries. This Changes complement the face of the world of data.
bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:35:41 PM

Yes, I will also hold my stakes at least until main net release. If you are interested in trading instead of hodling, you could sell the news of the roadmap milestones.

the datum tokens should be held for as long as possible if you want to make money. then again you can make new ones by selling your data Wink
you are right also in my opinion token datum will be a long term investment,that will be my strategy i will hold token at least until the launch of the main net that will be released i presume in march 2018...
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:48:03 PM

you are right also in my opinion token datum will be a long term investment,that will be my strategy i will hold token at least until the launch of the main net that will be released i presume in march 2018...
Exactly, Datum platform has very big potential but developing that big platform is very time consuming process  Smiley
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 06:59:01 PM

Datum is the revolution of personal data. It empowers individuals by giving them the ability to act directly on their data and by limiting interactions with intermediaries. This Changes complement the face of the world of data.

Plus it can help them make a little money on the side, money that usually goes to the middle man like facebook

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:47:35 PM

Holding until the release in march 2018 is the smartest thing you can do.
Really cant wait to finally see this ICO start, it will happen this month! YES! Very curious how everything will go.

DATUM will be the next big thing next month.
Everyone will be following this ICO.
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 07:58:23 PM

We need our data to be protected. Now the ICO is coming closer.
Waiting for 29 october Smiley
haxllega

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:16:45 PM

Point 4 is really interesting but I am not sure if this will be from interest for companies who wants to buy data. I think most of these companies have no interest in negotiate the prices again and again with potential sellers, especially when they would have to do this for example 10,000 times Cheesy

That probably applies also for data users, at least it would for me. I mean, we are talking about our data that is supposedly worth about 2000$ a year. So, when a company is interested in a piece of data I wouldn't want to negotiate back and forth if it's worth 10, 11 or 12$

Where is that $2000 calculated from anyway?

As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of USD 2000, created directly from your personal data alone

This article from 2015 is referenced:

https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/13/whats-the-value-of-your-data/

Facebook decided to acquire WhatsApp for $19 billion; that is, to pay $30 for each of its 600 million users. Similarly, the company headquartered in Menlo Park also paid $30 for each of the 33 million Instagram users back in 2012. A similar computation was applied when Minecraft was acquired by Microsoft.

Are there 66 companies that pay $30 per user yearly?

Also, a lot of data is worth much less than $30:

According to Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, there are currently 270 data brokers in the world. These professionals collect all types of personal data (such as public data, loyalty cards data, etc.) and sell it. The value of this data varies, but is often below $1.

For example, general information about an individual (age, sex, locality) costs only $0.0007.

this is a pretty interesting information you digged out of the internet Smiley i would really like to hear a statement from roger haenni regarding this Smiley
But if AI gets more advanced your personal data will be worth much more because advertising will be better suited for you.

Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:17:55 PM

It's not about protecting your data. Someone who wants to protect his data won't benefit from Datum. You still give away you data but now you will be rewarded for it.
matjas

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:33:40 PM

Plus it can help them make a little money on the side, money that usually goes to the middle man like facebook

Actually its a chance for double profit, holding the coin will almost definitely bring you a profit long term and like you sad, your data has some value which you will be able to sell.
If this project kicks off like its planed, it could be really successful. 

Rigorous

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:58:34 PM

Point 4 is really interesting but I am not sure if this will be from interest for companies who wants to buy data. I think most of these companies have no interest in negotiate the prices again and again with potential sellers, especially when they would have to do this for example 10,000 times Cheesy

That probably applies also for data users, at least it would for me. I mean, we are talking about our data that is supposedly worth about 2000$ a year. So, when a company is interested in a piece of data I wouldn't want to negotiate back and forth if it's worth 10, 11 or 12$

Where is that $2000 calculated from anyway?

As user of Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, Twitter, Yahoo and similar services - every year you create an excess of USD 2000, created directly from your personal data alone

This article from 2015 is referenced:

https://techcrunch.com/2015/10/13/whats-the-value-of-your-data/

Facebook decided to acquire WhatsApp for $19 billion; that is, to pay $30 for each of its 600 million users. Similarly, the company headquartered in Menlo Park also paid $30 for each of the 33 million Instagram users back in 2012. A similar computation was applied when Minecraft was acquired by Microsoft.

Are there 66 companies that pay $30 per user yearly?

Also, a lot of data is worth much less than $30:

According to Privacy Rights Clearinghouse, there are currently 270 data brokers in the world. These professionals collect all types of personal data (such as public data, loyalty cards data, etc.) and sell it. The value of this data varies, but is often below $1.

For example, general information about an individual (age, sex, locality) costs only $0.0007.

this is a pretty interesting information you digged out of the internet Smiley i would really like to hear a statement from roger haenni regarding this Smiley
But if AI gets more advanced your personal data will be worth much more because advertising will be better suited for you.

That just means personal data is being processed into something more valuable. A Lambo is worth more than the carbon fiber and aluminum used to make it, both of which are available in abundant quantities.
greatteager

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:03:21 PM

Exactly, Datum platform has very big potential but developing that big platform is very time consuming process  Smiley
Now a lot of ICO is out and I don't see the working platforms created, it takes more than a year.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:08:50 PM

Yes its normal that the datum platform take time to be developped, the roadmap is very realistic. Its really long to build a huge platform like datum will have, but 2018 is not that far and they will realese the platform 1 month after the ico. Datum will have a huge value after that.
Elkmar

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:35:08 PM

It's not about protecting your data. Someone who wants to protect his data won't benefit from Datum. You still give away you data but now you will be rewarded for it.

Exactly. You'll just have the power to sell your data, I don't think it will impact the behaviour of companies to get our iniformation except if the price to get them is cheaper than their old ways of doing it.
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 09:42:47 PM

Exactly. You'll just have the power to sell your data, I don't think it will impact the behaviour of companies to get our iniformation except if the price to get them is cheaper than their old ways of doing it.
pleases that such monopolists as Google now can't sell this data for expensive price. it was high time that this project would appear
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: