Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:53:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 06:59:10 AM

really like this project...you want my data you pay for it

Well, that's already the case. Just that companies don't pay you but another company, or just steal your datas without asking. Datum will not stop this.

usually everybody, including me, agrees with terms and conditions without reading them. These companies are doing nothing illegal. Datum wants to make a difference by letting people get paid with what they own and currently give away for free

Actually, what will it difference if you read it? Like Facebook, some time ago everybody was using it. At that point, you had to use it. You read it and want to change one line, that's not possible. It was a free app that everybody is using, you had no other choice. I can see that we are paying a good amount of money worth of data to them in return. So it wasn't free after all.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 07:44:00 AM

Well, that's already the case. Just that companies don't pay you but another company, or just steal your datas without asking. Datum will not stop this.

they don't exactly steal it. there an expression: if you're not paying for the product you are the product. for facebook you are the product, same for google. you data is useful for them to sell.
It's nothing wrong if they sell the data because if you register on facebook you have to accept the terms and conditions but it's great that Datum offers an opportunity to sell it on your own.
when you join facebook and other social media you already sell(for free) your private data so they can bombing repeatedly with targeted advertisements,datum offer user the opportunity to sell it on your own,and perhaps earn something...

But how will that change? Facebook will still be using your data when you log in to their website. How will Datum prevent that?

they won't, but they might develop some sort of reverse ad blocker?

Reading "reverse ad blocker" made me burst my coffee and made me say what the f*ck?! Cheesy. I don't even know where to start with that... What do you mean?

where your data gets hashed or something like ad companies don't know who produces which data, like coca cola knows 100.000 people on facebook like their page, but they don't know who liked it

Ok, let's take a Coca-cola example. Facebook and Coca-cola will know every participant that "likes" the coca-cola, if they don't, that data is not part of Facebook in any way. After that, liking that page is not relevant. And if it is not relevant, you could just fill out the form of what you like and do not and try to sell that.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:07:00 AM
Last edit: October 18, 2017, 09:48:47 AM by SEELE^^01

After the ICO a little bit marketing and more partnerships and the token start o the moon Cool Wink

they will gain enough trough the fundraising to get a good marketing agency or a complete proffessional team over all sections of marketing and push this even more to new heights Smiley

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:31:29 AM

they don't exactly steal it. there an expression: if you're not paying for the product you are the product. for facebook you are the product, same for google. you data is useful for them to sell.
It's nothing wrong if they sell the data because if you register on facebook you have to accept the terms and conditions but it's great that Datum offers an opportunity to sell it on your own.
when you join facebook and other social media you already sell(for free) your private data so they can bombing repeatedly with targeted advertisements,datum offer user the opportunity to sell it on your own,and perhaps earn something...

But how will that change? Facebook will still be using your data when you log in to their website. How will Datum prevent that?

Reading "reverse ad blocker" made me burst my coffee and made me say what the f*ck?! Cheesy. I don't even know where to start with that... What do you mean?

where your data gets hashed or something like ad companies don't know who produces which data, like coca cola knows 100.000 people on facebook like their page, but they don't know who liked it

Ok, let's take a Coca-cola example. Facebook and Coca-cola will know every participant that "likes" the coca-cola, if they don't, that data is not part of Facebook in any way. After that, liking that page is not relevant. And if it is not relevant, you could just fill out the form of what you like and do not and try to sell that.

how does the deep web scramble your info? You can find out drugs are getting bought, but you don't know who exactly buys it. A bitcoin address can send and receive transactions, but we don't know who is behind that address.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:45:55 AM

i think that would make our data more valuable...like that idea Smiley
Facebook can use your data, information when you had gave them your real information, but if you do not give them real info, why do you need to worry about that? Your information always has high value, Google and Facebook never use your info to buy/sell, but they will use to reseach and advert the product of partner.

Actually I think Facebook is using your data to sell. Why shouldn't they? If you use Facebook you agree to the user agrement and then you have to give Facebook all the rights they want to have. For example they could also do everything they want with pictures you are uploading there.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
theovalich

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur and Tech Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2017, 08:52:28 AM

Greetings all,

We've posted an update to our Blog here - https://blog.datum.org/wednesday-weekly-a-surprise-for-our-community-c3928dad93f0

There's a nice picture of the our Datum Dashboard and a list of winners for the surprise giveaway - we drew 10 winners of 5,000 DAT tokens, worth 0.5 ETH. We congratulate all the winners and you can be sure we're paying close attention to this thread.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:52:44 AM

Datum is the perfect platform for backing up your data, whether from social networks, health data, navigation data, domotic ect, you can also sell them according to your own conditions, this is what gives back a label for personal data.
Indeed this platform has great potential and almost no competition in crypto world. With their dev team everything is possible  Wink

Literally zero competition afaik. This coin could reach 1$ fairly quickly I believe, less than 1 year after listing

It will probably drop first after the ICO but its a good idea to hold your coins since the price will probably raise again

It depends on how fast the ICO is sold out. If it's sold out in minutes then the price will not go down, as the bonus levels aren't that huge I expect the token to rise after the ICO.

It will be interesting to watch for sure. ETH has been testing the $350 resistance for quite some time and if it breaks through before the ICO it could rise up to $400. That would probably affect the ICO.

Don't you think some people will think twice about investing when the price of ETH is rising? Because with a fixed rate you get less tokens for your (fiat) money.

you are right Smiley

eth rising = good for ico project
eth rising = bad for ico investor

datum could update their token distribution in comparison to the rise of eth Smiley
I think its indirectly the same thing  Grin
If eth rising = good for ico project, so i think the value/price of the token will be raised too.

the listing price would be adapted accordingly, wouldn't it?

No I don't think the number of tokens would be adjusted. The value of the tokens will rise along with the price of ETH off course.
But we are running way ahead of us, the price of ETH isn't rising (yet) Wink

If they would want to adjust, I would say short before ICO and not now. It's still so much time left and the eth price can still go up or down.
But actually I don't think they should adjust, and I don't think they will.

We have seen the same phenomenon with other ICO's sometimes the price grows sometimes the price drops.. the ICO's always keep the amount of tokens per ETH value.
So no I really don't think they will adjust the settings, they shouldn't need to to it for me either.
viljy

Activity: 1750
Merit: 877

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 08:59:50 AM

Greetings all,

We've posted an update to our Blog here - https://blog.datum.org/wednesday-weekly-a-surprise-for-our-community-c3928dad93f0

There's a nice picture of the our Datum Dashboard and a list of winners for the surprise giveaway - we drew 10 winners of 5,000 DAT tokens, worth 0.5 ETH. We congratulate all the winners and you can be sure we're paying close attention to this thread.

Interesting picture alpha version dashboard. If the application on the phones for users is the same as you showed earlier in this thread, it will be very good for ease of use.

/] Mr.Stork   
/]E X C H A N G E
S E R V I C E
████████▄▄▄▄▄
██████▄█████████▀
█████▀██▀▀█████▄
████████████████
█████▐█▄▀▄██▄▀▄██
█████▄█▄▄▄██▄▄
█████▀██████████
███████▀▀██████▌
███████████▀██▀

█████████
█████▄████████▄
███▄█████████████▄
░░▄███████████████▄

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
▄▄███▄▄
▄█████████▄
▄█████████▄
▀██▀██▀
▀█████████▀
▀███████▀
█████████
███████████████
███████████████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
█████████████████████
▀▀███████████████▀▀
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

/]NO KYC    NO AML
NO REGISTRATION

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Mystic90

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:02:15 AM

Greetings all,

great read, and for all the people want a chance to apply for the next Datum give away check this out:

"We regret that Slack invitation link is no longer active — it is for your own protection. If you want to be the next winner of 5,000 DAT tokens, you know what to do — head over to Datum 5,000 DAT Token Giveaway and sign up."
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:05:49 AM

Ive found this very well opinionated article; https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/10/17/watch-google-blockchain-will-set-us-free-data-tyranny/
''Watch out Google! Blockchain will set us free from data tyranny''

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:13:08 AM

i think that would make our data more valuable...like that idea Smiley
Facebook can use your data, information when you had gave them your real information, but if you do not give them real info, why do you need to worry about that? Your information always has high value, Google and Facebook never use your info to buy/sell, but they will use to reseach and advert the product of partner.
As far as i know, our data on facebook are really helpful for their facebook ads.
But still its fair enough because we use facebook for free, nothing weird or illegal at all.
They use what we give to them. If you dont give it, then they dont/cant use it.

And datum is where you can sell it, not just give.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:22:40 AM

For all those promises about freeing people from the data tyranny I find it ironic that Datum had decided to use Gleam.io for their campaign. As far as I know that is one of the more invasive ways to conduct a giveaway.

Or was that the point?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:24:26 AM

how does the deep web scramble your info? You can find out drugs are getting bought, but you don't know who exactly buys it. A bitcoin address can send and receive transactions, but we don't know who is behind that address.

I am little confused about implementing that. Why would you need Facebook in the first place if they wont get your info? You can't actually like something in Facebook with scrambled data with Facebook knowing about it. Or if you do, your like is not registered by Facebook.
cxrealdcx

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:33:08 AM

Honestly, all this reminding about surveillance and all the data being sold and analyzed is making me feel very paranoid and uncomfortable.

I'd say welcome in the 21st century. It's all about Data. Just look at the tech giants these days. Facebook, Twitter, Uber, they all have no intrinsic value except for the data of their users. You could even say that it's the biggest bubble ever Smiley
However Datum will give us the opportunity to take back the earnings of our data. That's actually very exciting.

I read threw the whole thread now, but that´s something i don´t understand!
In my opinion it will never be the same money, the other companies made or make out of you!!
Of course it´s a very interesting project, but to be honest you can´t belive it is like that
FIEX

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:42:06 AM

Wednesday Weekly: A Surprise for Our Community

Datum Dashboard Reaches Alpha Stage
After releasing the alpha version of our app for the pre-sale community, we have now a functioning prototype of Datum’s Dashboard, which tracks the activities on our network.

Wow just look at that dashboard, this is looking very nice!
I'm so excited for this project!

Click on the image to read the article and see more of this dashboard:

levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:50:11 AM

After releasing the alpha version of our app for the pre-sale community, we have now a functioning prototype of Datum’s Dashboard, which tracks the activities on our network.

Thanks for sharing it.

So it is know alpha phase. Is there a way for us to check it?

It looks nice by the way.

Jay2408

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 09:51:02 AM

Yes, looks really good. Is this similar to what the Smartphone app will look like?

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:11:11 AM

Ive found this very well opinionated article; https://thenextweb.com/contributors/2017/10/17/watch-google-blockchain-will-set-us-free-data-tyranny/
''Watch out Google! Blockchain will set us free from data tyranny''

I have studied the past yearly rapport of Alphabet inc (google), Their buseniss model is based mostly on advertisement. About 90% income is through that and they are expecting massive growth in this field.
The expectation of growth is not because they think they will get more users. But the way they are paid are Pay Per view (PPV) and Pay per click (PPC). When data analyse algorithms get better, they can market
their visitors better so they will click more on adds.

If Datum can prevent this it would be HUGE! Even if they can take some power away from google in this situation its already a win.
mike0182

Activity: 420
Merit: 136

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:11:38 AM

Yes, looks really good. Is this similar to what the Smartphone app will look like?
when will it be possible to test the interface of this instrument panel?

bitcoin-shark

Activity: 2842
Merit: 605

View Profile
October 18, 2017, 10:34:43 AM

that maybe it will be a very nice idea that should be developed,facebook for example want i look these target ads then pay datum(then me) to remove ad blocker...
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: