Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 01:11:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:18:35 PM

Ethereum has rocketed in popularity due to its additional features and applications — with “the killer app” being blockchain-based smart contracts. And that’s where Datum comes in, Datum technology allows you to use these blockchain-based smart contracts to store your structured data in a secure, private and anonymous manner.

Huh? I thought they were using BigchainDB and IPFS to store data. Ethereum is probably only used to store links to that data.

I think so too. Storing the data itself on the Ethereum chain doesn't sound right and feasible.

Maybe they simplified the article for the blog demographic. Or they focused on Ethereum for search engine optimization. I am not sure it is a good idea to show wrong information or leave essential parts out though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:25:07 PM

Datum and Ethereum

Ethereum has rocketed in popularity due to its additional features and applications — with “the killer app” being blockchain-based smart contracts. And that’s where Datum comes in, Datum technology allows you to use these blockchain-based smart contracts to store your structured data in a secure, private and anonymous manner.

Click on the image to read the whole article:

thank you for sharing this with us Smiley it was good and informative.

but i would preffer to read more about datum ><"

The article was very informative but concentrated on the general aspects rather than exact point.

I think Datum will be disrupting the market and make a name for itself.
Bambulee

Activity: 532
Merit: 297

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:26:16 PM

All the data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them facebook, Twitter, yahoo, Amazon
NOW we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price and get some money back Smiley
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 06:27:18 PM

A few weeks ago when I saw Datum for the first time through the Gleam.io giveaway, I did not have such a good feeling. It is so contradictory, a project related to personal information claiming to give control over your data at the same time collecting and potentially selling your data through a 3rd party site. It seemed like a joke.

But the latest news posts and screenshots raises my perception and respect for Datum a little bit.

I have the same feeling.
Regarding the gleam.io giveaway.. did anyone receive an update from them? I subscribed quite some time ago but it's been very quiet since then.
this is not right, no matter what happens,the dev should update to investors!

I also subscribed months ago and in the confirmation email was stated that Datum will send information of how to redeem tokens after ICO. So, I think this procedure hasn't changed, it's only that ICO is much later than originally planned.

Thanks for clarifying this. No need to worry about the gleam.io giveaways, just wait a bit until the ICO is over.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:10:40 PM

All the data of us will still be sold by the companies that gather them facebook, Twitter, yahoo, Amazon
NOW we can sell this data via Datum for a cheaper price and get some money back Smiley

Exactly this is the first time that you are able to sell data and get some nice money from this transaction!
haxllega

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:24:44 PM

How will these companies manage to make a profit in the future? Maybe they will have to increase advertisements.

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:34:18 PM

The Alpha dashboard is still limited, but with showing us some screenshots we all know they are working hard on this as we speak.

The community behind DATUM is booming!
Check out these stats:

Facebook (28,434 members) — 680 new members in 7 days — Thank You!
Twitter (14,954 followers) — 2113 new members in 7 days — Thank You!
Telegram (4,421 on English Channel)

There marketing campaign and all the publicity they are getting is really working!
Great work team!
It's not strange that they have so many followers, the project has a huge potential and smart people understand this.

Still a lot of people dont see the potential this project has. Its true that Facebook, Twitter, ... will keep collecting data.
The concept of data ownership will be very important in the future.

I saw this nice argument in a review:
Datum can definitely scale in usecases like medicine, where something similar to HealthKit can be created.

Collecting data for medicine purpose can really be helpfull for a lot of companies! The medicine industry is huge and will spend a lot to collect this data!

Yes, this is exactly how a project like this could benefit healthcare. there is a lot of demand for health information for researchers, but it's expensive to obtain. maybe datum can have a role to play here.

Data in the health sector is quite dangerous thing. What if insurers can check your data years back and will increase premiums if you had small illnesses? I think stuff like this is already happening, if Datum
stores my health data secure, i would never ever sell it Smiley

I don't think that datum will get access to your health data like files of your doctor or what illness you had some years before. But stuff like your bloodpressure, heart rate, how often you run, how long etc. Such data couldn't used by health insurance, or at least not in such a big way.
I dont know how exactly it works, but i think the data we can sell is just the data we put in datum/internet.
As long as we didnt put any data about that , our data would be safe.
Sozialtourist

Activity: 686
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:43:42 PM

How will these companies manage to make a profit in the future? Maybe they will have to increase advertisements.

Datum won't be able to reach out to all users of facebook, twitter and co.. These companies will still make a lot of money with the data they gather from all the ones who don't use Datum.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:44:18 PM

either that or sell premium services to their users.

MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 07:46:31 PM

By advertising to people who sold their likes, they'll spend less money and get more revenue because only people who are potential buyers will see the ads (that's the idea)

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
 ██                                            ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Voltaje

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:02:22 PM

By advertising to people who sold their likes, they'll spend less money and get more revenue because only people who are potential buyers will see the ads (that's the idea)

People that sell their own data will make companies pay cheaper and give specific advertisement for each, the information will be given more accurately and with our consent, right now companies use our data freely, with datum, we will sell it.
Trrrt

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:37:50 PM

The data market is in expansion and with the developpement of big data it’s a major point for compagnies. They have to mange data and spend a lot of money for that, but hey never pay us for our data. With datum things can change and people will see that data economy.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 08:49:23 PM

People that sell their own data will make companies pay cheaper and give specific advertisement for each, the information will be given more accurately and with our consent, right now companies use our data freely, with datum, we will sell it.

Indeed, companies can buy this very cheap with Datum and specific data they are looking for.
Data owning will have a big future and Datum will be first company doing this using blockchain!
Sozialtourist

Merit: 101

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:36:08 PM

Huh? I thought they were using BigchainDB and IPFS to store data. Ethereum is probably only used to store links to that data.

I think so too. Storing the data itself on the Ethereum chain doesn't sound right and feasible.

Maybe they simplified the article for the blog demographic. Or they focused on Ethereum for search engine optimization. I am not sure it is a good idea to show wrong information or leave essential parts out though.

Yes seems like they simplified the idea behind Datum in this article but for me it's not that they exactly say they will use the Ethereum blockchain to store the data. It means more that they will use the smart contracts that Ethereum offers.
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:39:24 PM

What do you guys think about the token allocation? 51% all DAT tokens will be offered in the public token sale, 20% goes to the Datum Core Developer and 29% to a reserve fund for future expansion.
kuky004

Activity: 371

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:48:06 PM

I sell my data to their company, at least I will not exclude their ads
belechau

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 09:55:05 PM

I sell my data to their company, at least I will not exclude their ads

There will certainly be more interest from traders, paying for their own data owners, and making sure they are not providing biased or erroneous ads, thereby increasing their profits and seeing their investment done well. The platform also expands to many other segments besides commercial
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 19, 2017, 11:28:44 PM

As far as I know storing data directly on ethereum blockchain is very expensive so using IPFS and BigchainDB can be very good idea  Wink
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2017, 12:51:25 AM

What do you guys think about the token allocation? 51% all DAT tokens will be offered in the public token sale, 20% goes to the Datum Core Developer and 29% to a reserve fund for future expansion.

maybe, 29% is used for bounty, marketing, etc.
for 51% token sale, maybe its good amount for market circulation.
for 20% core team, i don't think its huge amount.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Yasemin

Activity: 224

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 03:02:06 AM

They want to collaborate with some medicine companies? They have some partnerships already?

Where did you get this info? I wouldn't want to sell my medical records/data and certainly not for insurance companies to find out..

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: