Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:26:41 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 11:33:07 AM

@chrysophylax is there a command that allows automated restart of the miner? something like ZEC miner with "--r 6000" ?

I have the same issue with diff -

with 7 1080tis  Undecided

You got as much coins as you should, pool is doing fine. So many newbies here, don't know basics of mining - sad.

Your problem is GPU #4, it has about 30% reject rate, so it is working with 70% speed...

well thanks for your feedback.

I guess you were a newbie once or you were a pro from the get go?

pay no mind to the tone... people will always be a bit snarky/rude.

but do pay attention to the message. 

he may've found a more diplomatic way to put it, but he is not wrong - that reject rate for that one card is crazy high. 
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:34:15 PM

i've tried the usual -p d=x (eg, -p d=0.25 for 64 at the pool) to manually set the worker diff, but that didn't work.

is there another command that would accomplish the same thing, or is it not one of the settings that i can't control from my side at this moment ?

i checked the help file, didn't see anything that would do it.

cant be done on the stratum side ...

though IF we write that into the stratum - we could get that happening easily ...

not a priority at the moment ... as lots to be done still ...

but is definitely something to look at ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:41:17 PM

This CWigm miner is showing more hashrate on software but less on the pool and fluctuate a lot. Sp5 is getting me more coins per hour on pool.nm.
Switched back. Dont trust this miner calculations anymore.

simply put ...

here is another thing that is simply put ...

NO ONE can control the hashrate or the 'luck' of getting blocks and earning payouts ... NO ONE ...

your blatant and disgusting method for advertising of sp and the other pool is something i would normally delete ... as its NOT constructive in any way shape or form ... but chose to keep it here just to respond to you ...

when you sign up for the BETA ( yes - BETA ) you are signing up to TEST ( yes - TEST ) the miner we have DEVELOPED ( yes - DEVELOPED ) so that you can give your constructive criticism and STATS as well as SPECS as well as SETTINGS ...

notice ---> CONSTRUCTIVE criticism ... backed with stats ...

your comment does not help ANYONE here - and certainly doesnt help us to develop a better miner ...

this is a BETA - so its not public ready yet ... we didnt just copy and paste other devs kernels and package and SELL the miner like you little friend sp ...

the next time you have a comment that is non-constructive AND isnt backed - i will delete it without response ...

tanx for TESTING our BETA application ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:43:42 PM

This CWigm miner is showing more hashrate on software but less on the pool and fluctuate a lot. Sp5 is getting me more coins per hour on pool.nm.
Switched back. Dont trust this miner calculations anymore.

Can you show us youre tests done? i.e screenshots, data, test procedure before you arrived to this conclusion?

tanx mate ...

blatantly obvious what he was up to ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:48:45 PM

how to close this CWIgm miner?
if i use hard way ( X in window) nvidia drivers crash or i lose connetions to gpu...
i cant find anything in manual/readmy file...

ctrl+c( soft way) dontwork, Q dontwork, esc dontwork...

unfortunately - you need to ...

the only way in some systems ( in most that we have had feedback from ) - you will need to 'x' the window ...

we are working on a fix - and 'should' be fixed in the next beta release ... along with other improvements Wink ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 05:59:54 PM

I use different workers for each rig.
According this log, 2 GTX 1070 cards managed to send 1 share in 4 minutes!
As you see, this is lowdiff port.
Actually, my cards were not working more than 80% of time since pool did not receive any shares from this rig.
So actual hashrate is not 58.68 MH. It is like 5x times lower.
The only way to keep using this pool and miner is restarting miner every 5 minutes so diff will not raise that much.
Otherwise this miner is just wasting our mining hashrates.

VC++ 2013 and CUDA 8.0 x64 385.12
CPU:   0%          ChainWorks Industries beta - Version 0.9.8         [11:39:48]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Algo:Skunk      | Port: 2000 | NetDiff: 23114              | Block:      33101 |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Coin:signatum   | POW: 1250  | Estimated coins/day: 55.7378                    |
Solved:   0 | Diff:      1.6 | Shares: 135.2   | Rej: 0%   | Speed:   58.68MH/s|
0.Gigabyte GTX 1070          : Shares: 54.65   | Rej: 0    | Speed:   29.03MH/s|
1.Gigabyte GTX 1070          : Shares: 80.55   | Rej: 0    | Speed:   29.51MH/s|
0.Gigabyte GTX 1070          : T:62C | F:47% | P:130W | I: 25.0 | Core:1883Mhz |
1.Gigabyte GTX 1070          : T:66C | F:52% | P:130W | I: 25.0 | Core:1921Mhz |
[11:35:10]Mean netDiff: 26120.7        |
[11:35:47]Mean netDiff: 26167.2        |
[11:36:07]Mean netDiff: 26303.4        |
[11:37:21]Share: 765dde97              |
[11:38:47]Mean netDiff: 26236.2        |
[11:39:08]Mean netDiff: 26244.5        |
[11:39:30]Mean netDiff: 26462.3        |
[11:39:48]Mean netDiff: 26472.4        |
Scan time: 30s | DCs: 0 | User:shubaduba | Conn:0d 03:05:17 | Latency:91ms

this actually worries me ...

here is why ...

you actually sent 135.2 diff1 shares in 3hours which makes us 0.75diff1 shares / minute ...

this means 3.5-4 shares of low diff 0.2 per minute which inturn means that with an average blocktime of 60 seconds you can get your portion of shares ...

if the scanranges dont have any good shares you will only submit 1 share per 4 minutes ... but if there is any valuable work in the scanranges you will get more shares ...

what settings do you currently have? ... because CWIgm hashes continuously - UNLESS - you have set it to stop ( temp / netdiff ) ...

#crysx

astronyu

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:07:24 PM

@chrysophylax, curious, what is the longest time cwigm been running without problems?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:10:09 PM

Is there anybody see pool up/down (receive coin/not receive coin) serveral times from yesterday to now???

Is there any problem with pool, administrator?

we have been continuously tweaking the stratum and pool ...

when necessary - the stratum is restarted ...

this is a small 25seconds interval between the stopping of the stratum with the older settings to the starting of the stratum with the new settings ...

coin payments are all good - no errors or issues signaled or seen ... fluctuations will occur no matter which pool it is - as pools calculate shares and hashrates very differently from the miners ... the settings we are changing / tweaking are VERY important ...

so your stats and figures are being used ( even though no comments are made on the stats ) - and are very important to the continuous betterment of the two projects your are part of ... the CWIgm Project and the CWI-Pool Project ... they each complement one another ...

this is THE reason why we tie CWIgm to the CWI-Pool Signatum - and not any other pool ...

we know others have hacked the miner - and we do not condone that ... but that just makes us more determined in our resolve to bring out a better miner AND a more solid system ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:20:02 PM

@chrysophylax is there a command that allows automated restart of the miner? something like ZEC miner with "--r 6000" ?

with 7 1080tis  Undecided

it was same for me
on miner its showing that all is okay with hashrate but getting around 11 coins per hour instead of 42 as it should be

ok ...

ive mentioned this in an earlier post - but ill be brief with this ...

these stats are all approximations ... ALL of them ...

some more accurate than others - and almost all of them fluctuate as the input for the stats fluctuate ... which means that at times - its WAY off - and other times more accurate ...

NO pool will ever be completely accurate - none ...

having said that - did you check the net hashrate at the time? ...

im looking at the nethash now ( at 0345 saturday morning ) - and its 2.7TERAHASH .. thats terahash people - which is massive ... when we mined sigt - we were getting hundreds of coins an hour ... with our hashrate now - the estimate is no where near that now ... but we get coins ... its expected that this will only get a lot 'worse' for coin counting - when the global hashrate goes up again ...

so your mining efforts can go from 25coins an hour to 7 coins an hour VERY quickly ... but these are estimates only - and always change as the network itself changes ...

we will try and get the figures as accurate as we can - but this will never be spot on ... there are too many other external influences that determine what the stats will show from 1minute to the next - let alone every hour ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:22:22 PM

What is happening?

Pool is not able to find the block...

75gh/sec pool rate
net hash almost 3000gh/sec = 2.5% nethash
60 blocks per hour * 2.5% nethash = 1.5 blocks per hour / 36 per day

pool found 54 blocks in last 24h - so doing quite well

just a dip in the luck causing no block for a while..

tanx enakyz ...

its VERY difficult to continue explaining the same thing over and over ...

i appreciate that ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:25:00 PM

@crys

can you let us set the difficulty manually? while you try to fix you're automatic difficulty algorith.
Totally agree! The automatic algorithm doesn't work at all. Every Rig get 409.6diff on pool (1.6 in the miner) in 15-30 minutes. While one has 6*1080 and another only 2*1080.

P.S. Right now something weird is shown on the pool all numbers are divided by 10. Smiley

agreed ...

but without writing more code into the stratum - this cannot happen just yet ...

but this would be a good addition - and IS on the todo list for us ...

there is just no way to do it right now ...

we will keep trying to tame this aggression - until it is fine with the diff levels ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:27:48 PM

Compared to yesterday, today the pool is having a major bad luck in finding blocks.

i can see ...

thats the way it goes ...

there never is a guarantee of what will happen - except that if we keep hammering away - we will solve blocks ...

how many? ... thats anyones guess ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:43:13 PM

left the pool n stopped using the miner.

miner interface is very good if not the best so far !

but no api, it's a no no for me. when miner hangs, it does not tell which gpu has failed so it's another minus from me. locked miner to cwi only another minus.

as for the pool, i really like the dark theme & the responsiveness, very nice on that but no api Sad , even on lowdiff the diff is still very high, workers disappear and comes back when it feels like it.

would really like to help to test out both miner & pool but it's a little difficult without api to monitor both pools & miners especially if u have a handful of them. being locked to a pool with the points above & with a 0.7% fee is also a no go for me.

point & comments are just from me & being straight forward.

have quite a few disconnects too, last i reacll it was up to 8 disconnections within 12 hrs.

comparing with other pools, there so much less shares (although a high hashrate but less sharesis not good) which equals to less profits or to cover costs. 

hope cwi can improve on these few points & i might consider to come back and test again. quite a few users left too. sad to see or talk about it but i hope the points above are taken as constructive points.

tanx mate ...

ive explained the majority of your points in great detail in earlier posts - and in breif in later posts ...

locking the pool is a necessary situation - already explained why ...
no api - also explained why ...
disconnects - also explained ...
high hashrate less shares? ... if you mean high hashrate less BLOCKS - then i understand ... but you also dont take into account 70GIGAhash in a network of over 2700GIGAhash ... so unless we are in the vicinity of of a few hundred gigahash - we will not continuously solve blocks - like your expectations rule ...

btw - the disconnects were 7 in total Smiley ... all on purpose - all me doing it ... changing and tweaking the stratum and code - so YOU would have a better mining system ...

i think i need to repeat this also - as it doesnt seem to be a priority to anyone that stipulates the points you have above - and all the nonsense about some of the issues ... some issue are very valid - others a fantasy ...

so - this is a BETA TEST ...

we have a beta miner ( CWIgm ) that is in test mode - that has one of the highest hashrates in the mining world to date in the supported algorithms ... it is the first breed of its kind - and you act like it has been around for years ( like ccminer for example ) and EXPECT that all will work ... it wont ... there will be bugs - there will be issues - there will breakages ...

thats ALL part of the testing process ...

we appreciate ALL the testing that has been done to date - but some point will not change for the time being as we do NOT want outside influences disturbing the controlled environment that the miner is in currently ... that means we will not change the tie in with the CWI-Pool system - and we will not change our stance on the api for the time being because we have OTHER developments we are taking on and into account ... developments which only our internal people know of ...

so that means - we wish you great mining - and good wishes - and have all the confidence that you will accept my straight forward response is as pliable as yours ...

the next revisions of the miner is better than this one - in that it has some fixes - some additions - and more optimization with a new algo ...

the development of the CWIgm WILL be tied in also theFARM ... our farm of gpus which we have started rebuilding ... but more on that much later ...

tanx again mate ... you have helped a great deal ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:44:49 PM

This is a project my miners will support for the fact that it focuses initially on nvidia. Power usage is much lower than for AMD and therefor more friendly to our environment. The heat produced from our mining is used to heat up homes instead of wasting it out into the open. I hope this development continues on the green side of mining. PM sent.

much appreciated ...

ill be going through the pm in the coming hours ...

tanx for your support also ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:47:49 PM

VC++ 2013 and CUDA 8.0 x64 385.12
CPU:   0%          ChainWorks Industries beta - Version 0.9.8         [11:39:48]
Algo:Skunk      | Port: 2000 | NetDiff: 23114              | Block:      33101 |
Is there any way to get CUDA 7.5 and 32 bit version ?

Comparing hashrates fir ccminer 2.2 krnlx with skunk support (compiled with CUDA 7.5 / 8.0 and both 32 and 64 bit) I gets
- ccminer-win32-cuda75 - ~ 42,29 Mh
- ccminer-win64-cuda75 - ~ 40,71 Mh
- ccminer-win32-cuda80 - ~ 40,87 Mh
- ccminer-win64-cuda80 - ~ 40,74 Mh

32 bit with CUDA 7.5 way faster then other ...
Looking for CWI miner compiled with CUDA 7.5 and 32 bit.

we will no longer release or support x32 binaries for the Closed Beta ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:50:16 PM

with 7 1080tis  Undecided

You got as much coins as you should, pool is doing fine. So many newbies here, don't know basics of mining - sad.

Your problem is GPU #4, it has about 30% reject rate, so it is working with 70% speed...

appreciated ...

sometimes also - stats are misleading AND taking into account the beta phase of the CWIgm is testing only ...

i don think a lot of people realize - that the miner is only 'really' 3weeks old ... not 5years old - like ccminer is ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 06:56:46 PM

with 7 1080tis  Undecided

well thanks for your feedback.

I guess you were a newbie once or you were a pro from the get go?

pay no mind to the tone... people will always be a bit snarky/rude.

but do pay attention to the message.  

he may've found a more diplomatic way to put it, but he is not wrong - that reject rate for that one card is crazy high.  

once again - tanx zhulick ...

a great many explanations are given and reasons as well - not just excuses ...

we are working with a little baby right now - and we need to nurture it to grow into a mature adult - with wisdom ...

if this little 3week old baby is doing what its doing now - and surpassing the speeds and stability of even the products seasoned developers - then what will it be like as an adult? ...

people will come and go - but we will be here working away ...

always remember - we are miners too ... and KNOW what you go through ... which is why we started this in the first place - and so you DONT get ripped by those wanting to get the better of you and your money ...

next beta almost ready - CWIgm-0.9.9 ...

#crysx

abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 06:58:41 PM

@crys

can you let us set the difficulty manually? while you try to fix you're automatic difficulty algorith.
Totally agree! The automatic algorithm doesn't work at all. Every Rig get 409.6diff on pool (1.6 in the miner) in 15-30 minutes. While one has 6*1080 and another only 2*1080.

P.S. Right now something weird is shown on the pool all numbers are divided by 10. Smiley

agreed ...

but without writing more code into the stratum - this cannot happen just yet ...

but this would be a good addition - and IS on the todo list for us ...

there is just no way to do it right now ...

we will keep trying to tame this aggression - until it is fine with the diff levels ...

#crysx
I think the quickest way to "solve" the problem is to lower maximum diff to 1 for lodiff port. At least it will help fot 2GPU or 3GPU rigs at the moment.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 07:00:52 PM

@chrysophylax, curious, what is the longest time cwigm been running without problems?

we cant answer that ...

as our miner is in a constant state of restart - with every change we make ...

maybe the community can shed some light? ...

the longest we have seen so far was 72hours ... but we are building CWIgm to be able to run a LOT longer than that ... at least as long as you can mine and your machine doesnt fall apart Wink ...

#crysx

edumrtnz

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 07:02:35 PM

Chrysophylax please check pm :_
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: