Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 10:45:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Boulevard2005

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 06:52:32 AM

Is there any new version aside 0.98?
abudfv2008

Activity: 728
Merit: 106

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 08:19:27 AM

Should have been released yesterday but still wasn't.
All are waiting. SP has just released spmod7 - a little bit faster than previous on 1060/1070 - so its time for CWI to beat it, as far as they claimed having better miner for internal use.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 09:09:18 AM

All are waiting. SP has just released spmod7 - a little bit faster than previous on 1060/1070 - so its time for CWI to beat it, as far as they claimed having better miner for internal use.

no ...

you are talking about CWIgm-0.9.9 ...

and no - we are NOT in competition with a greedy man like rune ... we are not in competition with ANYONE ...

we ARE on the path to making a better miner than our previous one on the two initial goals we set from the beginning ... stability and ease of use ...

we ARE succeeding in that - and have no intention to align ourselves with a decidedly greed riddled charlatan ( http://www.dictionary.com/browse/charlatan ) like rune ( sp ) ...

we focus on what have in our sights - and goals ONLY - and to make sure that all fixes and growth will come in good time ...

in saying that tho - there are a number of advancements in the next test version - and we are squashing some bugs that seem to be difficult to hold down at the moment ...

we are also preparing for the testing of the redevlopment of our coins also ... new algo should be ready very soon ...

#crysx

abudfv2008

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:25:54 AM

no ...

and no - we are NOT in competition with a greedy man like rune ... we are not in competition with ANYONE ...

we ARE on the path to making a better miner than our previous one on the two initial goals we set from the beginning ... stability and ease of use ...

we ARE succeeding in that - and have no intention to align ourselves with a decidedly greed riddled charlatan ( http://www.dictionary.com/browse/charlatan ) like rune ( sp ) ...

we focus on what have in our sights - and goals ONLY - and to make sure that all fixes and growth will come in good time ...

in saying that tho - there are a number of advancements in the next test version - and we are squashing some bugs that seem to be difficult to hold down at the moment ...

we are also preparing for the testing of the redevlopment of our coins also ... new algo should be ready very soon ...

#crysx
That is understandable. 1-2% of speed which is hard to notice is ok. But you also understand that if someone will release miner with e.g.+10% speed. 90% miners will move to use it. Because thats the race and competition anyway, whether you accept it or not. It is simply - profit.
For example Claymore lost many 1060 miners imediatly after improved version for 1060 was released. For several days until he managed to integrate that improvement in his miner.
The same was with skunk with 9 - > 13 -> 19->20MH movement on 1060.
SPmod7 gives 19+ for 1060 3gb. It is very good improvement for those gpu users.

P.S. Waiting for your bitcore algo also. You pool is empty without it Wink
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 09:32:36 AM

no ...

#crysx
That is understandable. 1-2% of speed which is hard to notice is ok. But you also understand that if someone will release miner with e.g.+10% speed. 90% miners will move to use it. Because thats the race and competition anyway, whether you accept it or not. It is simply - profit.
For example Claymore lost many 1060 miners imediatly after improved version for 1060 was released. For several days until he managed to integrate that improvement in his miner.

yup - we do understand that ...

but what is the use of an optimized algo - if the miner is not completely stable? ...

AND its a couple of days over three weeks old ... Smiley ...

anyway - we will work to our speed - without pushing the time frame so we make no major mistakes ...

as for the bitcore pool - yup ... not many people realize that you do not need our miner to mine on these pools ... in fact - the pool is BETTER when there are many users and miners running on the pool ...

and we are one of the very few that are mining on it currently ... tho its nice to see a few others there now ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

hwgeek

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:33:05 AM

In my opinion- don't get to happy only because you see little higher Mh/s, its the Shares/Min you are getting paid for, so test the miners for actual share rate and not the Mh/s, you gonna be surprised by the result I think :-).
abudfv2008

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:52:21 AM

In my opinion- don't get to happy only because you see little higher Mh/s, its the Shares/Min you are getting paid for, so test the miners for actual share rate and not the Mh/s, you gonna be surprised by the result I think :-).
What you are talking about is the correctness of the results claimed by the miner. Of course numbers are just numbers and you should check whether they are true or not. But normally miners should calculate the same way, those that doesn't do that are quickly caught by community.
abudfv2008

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 09:56:54 AM

but what is the use of an optimized algo - if the miner is not completely stable? ...
You know there are ways to deal with instability, depends on the miner. For some a simple loop in the batch is enough, for others WDG will do the job .... etc.
At the moment you are in beta stage so some faults are acceptable. At least 0.9.8 is very stable if you don't over-overclock and we can always return to it.
engerex

Activity: 6

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 10:46:13 AM

I have 6x Asus P106-100 6G

Stable : 120 MH/s (Power 98W-100W)
First run : 122-124 MH/s
Other miner : 116 MH/s (+-2)

https://i.imgur.com/BMkX1HF.png

Problem :
Sometimes not working. 1GH-50GH and power 8W-9W. share 0 Smiley
abudfv2008

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:11:43 AM

Problem :
Sometimes not working. 1GH-50GH and power 8W-9W. share 0 Smiley
It is due to overOC. Lower a little bit it will be fine.
But I already mentioned the behaviour, that something should be done with it.
zhulick

Activity: 227
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 11:33:41 AM

no ...

#crysx

i'm with you... take your time, do it right.

just keep in mind that sigt will be halving again in a couple of weeks or so, and be mined out completely in less then 2 months.

so you know - hurry up Smiley
sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 12:25:08 PM

On Denarius pool there seems to be a big discrepency between miner readings and pool readings.

miner shows 4 coins per day, 50 MH/s. Pool stats show 118,000 Kh/s and 43 coins per day. I know there are varying reason for pool stats to go up and down, but this is more than that. Anyway to get them more in line? I know the priority is working on the miner and its stability but maybe this can be a future fix.

I dont have this big discrepency when mining on signatum pool.

huyhoang

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 16, 2017, 02:01:15 PM

no ...

#crysx

yup - we do understand that ...

AND its a couple of days over three weeks old ... Smiley ...

anyway - we will work to our speed - without pushing the time frame so we make no major mistakes ...

as for the bitcore pool - yup ... not many people realize that you do not need our miner to mine on these pools ... in fact - the pool is BETTER when there are many users and miners running on the pool ...

and we are one of the very few that are mining on it currently ... tho its nice to see a few others there now ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

we still love CWI, we waiting for new version of CWI which can bit the sp7
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2017, 09:40:46 PM

### CWI-POOL - MAINTENANCE

hi all ...

an urgent update - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1563601.msg20939332#msg20939332 ...

#crysx

Boulevard2005

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 12:37:24 AM

Large amout of sigt unconfirmed, is there problem? Anybody face this?
Boulevard2005

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 01:34:19 AM

Confirmed contiue
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 02:05:25 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2017, 03:06:48 AM by maxmad_x

OK.. People .. Who are comparing CWI with _SP / rune's miner.

I have been part of Crypto for quite a while now, and I all in for providing developers with balanced rewards for the work that they put in.

_SP has been using an open sourced CCminer codebase and tweaking it and charging 0.05-0.2B for the miners.

First of all, it is borderline unethical and even illegal to use an opensource software and charge for the tweaks on GPL license or MIT license. Most of _SP miners are closed source which is plain and simple illegal for further developing an opensource software like CCminer, there is no doubt about that.

Secondly, now being a closed source miner, unless you extensively test it for long long time and compare results, you would never know whether the hashrate shown is just a "show" to rip people off. Remember, a simple line of code which can show you +10% results without actually changing anything in miner.

Thirdly, like most of _SP miners he earns 2% - 5% (thats what he says) as mining fee. Once you buy the miner, it does not make any sense to keep paying him dividends on your electricity bills. _Sp claims that people share miners so basically to offset the cost of so called pirates, he charges that "small" fee in the miner.

I urge everyone to stop buying _SP miners. If someone buys please share it with everyone for a fraction of what you paid for your miner and make sure that everyone gets it. _SP will earn enough from the inbuilt fee. Do NOT buy _SP miner and keep feeding him more fee for borderline illegal and definitely unethical work. Force him to go on Claymore's route which is a free miner with % fee inbuilt. Only in that case he has a true incentive to make miner faster so more people use it. If you keep on feeding his greed because of your greed.. mark my words.. you are getting ripped off !

This is exactly why I support CWI even if I get 5% less "visible" hashrate. CWI will earn through their pool fee and our additional donations. Be generous to CWI if you really want them to develop a miner. Its difficult to find software developers in crypto who are not greedy. So support CWI whole heartedly.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:33:04 AM

Confirmed contiue

yup ...

part of the maintenance was to force the jobs through ...

for some reason CWI-Pool Signatum was the only pool affected ...

all good now tho - and hopefully stay that way Smiley ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 02:49:26 AM

OK.. People .. Who are comparing CWI with _SP / rune's miner.

I have been part of Crypto for quite a while now, and I all in for providing developers with balanced rewards for the work that they put in.

_SP has been using an open sourced CCminer codebase and tweaking it and charging 0.05-0.2B for the miners.

First of all, it is borderline unethical and even illegal to use an opensource software and charge for the tweaks on GPL license or MIT license. Most of _SP miners are closed source which is plain and simple illegal for further developing an opensource software like CCminer, there is no doubt about that.

Secondly, now being a closed source miner, unless you extensively test it for long long time and compare results, you would never know whether the hashrate shown is just a "show" to rip people off. Remember, a simple line of code which can show you +10% results without actually changing anything in miner.

Thirdly, like most of _SP miners he earns 2% - 5% (thats what he says) as mining fee. Once you buy the miner, it does not make any sense to keep paying him dividends on your electricity bills. _Sp claims that people share miners so basically to offset the cost of so called pirates, he charges that "small" fee in the miner.

[/size]

I urge everyone to stop buying _SP miners. If someone buys please share it with everyone for a fraction of what you paid for your miner and make sure that everyone gets it. _SP will earn enough from the inbuilt fee. Do NOT buy _SP miner and keep feeding him more fee for borderline illegal and definitely unethical work. Force him to go on Claymore's route which is a free miner with % fee inbuilt. Only in that case he has a true incentive to make miner faster so more people use it. If you keep on feeding his greed because of your greed.. mark my words.. you are getting ripped off !

This is exactly why I support CWI even if I get 5% less "visible" hashrate. CWI will earn through their pool fee and our additional donations. Be generous to CWI if you really want them to develop a miner. Its difficult to find software developers in crypto who are not greedy. So support CWI whole heartedly.

hi maxmad_x ...

we appreciate your kind words ...

while a great deal of that is true and appreciation is given - please drop the size of the post Wink ...

rune has always been like this - and will never change ... he is even asking for the community to donate a 1080ti card to him so that he can 'develop' for the card ... this is a man that has made SO much money from the community - that he has more gpu in his farm than most have seen in a lifetime - and he says he cant afford the 0.22btc to buy a 1080ti ... that is just the way a charlatan like him works ... and if you read his thread - people cant wait to throw money at him to do the 'tweaks' he does ... he becomes a millionaire from it and states its all 'pocket money' for him ... unfortunately thats just the way it all works ...

be that as it may -  with time we will try and help the community of miners ( as we are one ) to be able to mine WITHOUT the ridiculous costs and lies that entail the use of a miner ... it 'should' be a good - well working application ... and if a fee is part of it - so be it ...

we dont intend on pushing fees - and the small 0.7% pool fee that we have is a small amount indeed ... we give tanx to those that have donated / donating more on top of that fee within the pool itself - and in all sincerity give tanx ...

we are focused on the next test - and it should be a much more stable edition of a miner ... we cannot give timeframes here - unless we KNOW we will produce what we say we will in that period of time ... so for now - we will keep working on what we need to and bring the test forward when it is possible to do so ...

always remember tho - that mining at our pools is also a small way of donating to us AND pushing the hashrates even higher to solve much more blocks ... and you can use pretty much any miner to mine on any of our pools ...

all we can promise - is that we will do our best - in ALL we do ...

#crysx

maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 03:07:34 AM

Done Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: