Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
2Block

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:32:19 AM

I am patiently waiting! Looks great!

rednoW
Legendary

Activity: 1510
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:47:47 AM

appreciate the feedback ...

if you are using ( and most seem to do ) the experimental temp control settings - and / or mean net diff setting - then you will always get a see-saw power usage and always start / stop mining ... this is because of the facts i posted earlier ... the miner itself tries to create the 'perfect' scenario for mining IF you have those settings active ... take them off - and you will see that there will be a constant regular power consumption and mining ...

as long as you have the correct parameters - its easy to mine consistently ... a LOT of the issues we are seeing with a lot of the users - are those settings ...

remove them and you should have a better mining experience ...

also - there is a very good reason WHY the stats are there in the miner AND the api has been remove ...

CWIgm-0.9.9 will have the new module inside to test ...

Wink ...

#crysx
howto disable monitoring functions to get more stable power usage? What is the commandline option?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:50:52 AM

cwigm.exe crashes when run without arguments or with --help argument.

I wanted to know if I could disable usage of first graphic card to compute skunk (out of 4),
 such that I could still play game while 3 others gpu are being used by cwigm.exe.

I use this with ccminer:

ccminer.exe  -d 1,2,3 -i 21 -a skunk

that is how you do it ...

but remove -a skunk ( doesnt exists - the miner takes care of the algo now ) and point the miner to what COIN you want to mine ...

ie ...

-c sigt ...
-c dnr ...

though crashing is not good ... we dont have that issue logged as a common problem ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:51:39 AM

Wink ...

#crysx
When and where get it?

link that the testers have ...

pm me with cards and operating system you intend on using - if you dont have the welcome pack ... as im still going through the list now ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:53:18 AM

when this will be available to everyone?  Smiley

when we are happy with the final release ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:53:39 AM

appreciated ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 08:55:18 AM

if you are using ( and most seem to do ) the experimental temp control settings - and / or mean net diff setting - then you will always get a see-saw power usage and always start / stop mining ... this is because of the facts i posted earlier ... the miner itself tries to create the 'perfect' scenario for mining IF you have those settings active ... take them off - and you will see that there will be a constant regular power consumption and mining ...

as long as you have the correct parameters - its easy to mine consistently ... a LOT of the issues we are seeing with a lot of the users - are those settings ...

also - there is a very good reason WHY the stats are there in the miner AND the api has been remove ...

Wink ...

#crysx
howto disable monitoring functions to get more stable power usage? What is the commandline option?

monitoring functions are built into CWIgm - so they will have no major bearing on power consumption ...

but if you show us the commandline you are using - we might be able help ... without you password ...

#crysx

vaulter

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:55:39 AM

appreciated ...

#crysx
Hey Crysx,

Please check your PM - want to bump the hashrate on the pool
rednoW
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:01:25 AM

Wink ...

#crysx

monitoring functions are built into CWIgm - so they will have no major bearing on power consumption ...

but if you show us the commandline you are using - we might be able help ... without you password ...

#crysx

Ok, seems I get you wrong. From your post above I understand that "the experimental temp control settings - and / or mean net diff setting - then you will always get a see-saw power usage and always start / stop mining ... this is because of the facts i posted earlier ... the miner itself tries to create the 'perfect' scenario for mining IF you have those settings active ... take them off - and you will see that there will be a constant regular power consumption and mining ..."

But it is not about monitoring, yes?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 09:20:40 AM

Wink ...

#crysx

#crysx

Ok, seems I get you wrong. From your post above I understand that "the experimental temp control settings - and / or mean net diff setting - then you will always get a see-saw power usage and always start / stop mining ... this is because of the facts i posted earlier ... the miner itself tries to create the 'perfect' scenario for mining IF you have those settings active ... take them off - and you will see that there will be a constant regular power consumption and mining ..."

But it is not about monitoring, yes?

it IS about the monitoring - but also the control of the miner ...

once they are removed - the miner will NOT try and control the heat / netdiff status of the miner ... it will just mine continuously ...

so your power usage should be consistent when removing them ...

being experimental parameters - they are not intended to be used all the time - just to test ... so far we have found that the mean diff is not updated correctly - which is because many users have seen this same issue happen ... removing these parameters 'fixes' the issue ...

#crysx

icelove

Activity: 711
Merit: 270

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 09:28:51 AM

is the miner support  DNR now ?
Supercoiner111

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:00:38 AM

I have PM @chrysophylax hope to test the new miner on my 6 x 1070 rig!

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:24:59 AM

it sure does ...

-c dnr ...

#crysx

rednoW
Legendary

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:26:35 AM

it sure does ...

-c dnr ...

#crysx

what about bitcore?
and --help option doesn't work ((
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:27:44 AM

I have PM @chrysophylax hope to test the new miner on my 6 x 1070 rig!

im going through the messages as quickly as possible ...

but there are a couple of imbeciles that are attacking the pool via ddos ...

the imbeciles and their minions ...

i have over 70 requests for the miner TODAY ...

so bear with us - as i attend to EVERY pm personally and individually - not just skim them ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 10:34:00 AM

is the miner support  DNR now ?

it sure does ...

-c dnr ...

#crysx

what about bitcore?
and --help option doesn't work ((

ok - we will look into the help 'issue' ...

we are currently in the process of testing the bitcore pool - and timetravel10 is the next slated algorithm thats been chosen for CWIgm ...

CWI-Pool Bitcore is in alpha currently - and will be placed in the pool list shortly ...

being alpha just simply means that the last few days - we have been testing it enough to be able to pass it to beta designation ... it will appear shortly in the pool pull down menu on the pool interface ...

CWI-Pool Denarius will be out of beta tonight also ...

so when CWIgm-.0.9.9 is released for testing - you can choose to mine Bitcore as one of the tests ...

-c btx will be the parameter to use ...

the algo timetravel10 - will be semioptimized ( Class B ) ... but should still be the same - if not more than most miners out there with regards to hashrate ...

#crysx

ptok

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:46:39 AM

@crysx

Thanks for letting me test the miner! Unfortunately I'm not using it at the moment, since profit dropped due to halving, and dropping price for SIGT. Also for DNR it doesnt give me the hashrate I was hoping for (even though it's better than the ccminer). Still holding my SIGT from before the halving, since I believe it could rise a lot in price; also I really want to try mining DNR in case the miner gets more optimized (I think _sp claims his miner to get ~46-47 MH/s with the GTX 1060, but im definetely not paying 0.1 BTC or 300€ for it  Roll Eyes ) or the price rises. Also I'd like to go back to mining SIGT when the price is right. But, as I still have to pay off some of my cards, I have to go safe for now and mine the most profitable, which lately is ETH.

Still, I want to be so fair and give my feedback:

-SIGT: Hashrate is really good, best I had so far (dont know whats up with the network problems though, just started the miner for the screenshot):
https://ibb.co/fjb9CF

-DNR: again, just started for the screenshots. Dont know whats going on with the netdiff errors, didnt have them before when testing. But the rejects were there before; might be a problem related to my computer, but I had them on all of my 3 computers (also 1060s). Maybe OC settings wrong, didnt really have the time to play around, got a lot of stuff to do these days.
https://ibb.co/kx3gsF

About my other cards (cant take screenshots right now):
I got 7 more GTX 1060s, all 3GB instead of the 6GB in the screenshots, they are performing a little bit worse, about 1-3 MH/s per card, depending on the brand and the algo. I got 3 Gigabye Minis and 4 EVGA Minis, the EVGAs are a little better (higher clock, better cooling IMO). None of the cards were pushed to the limit (OCwise), since I want to keep it "quiet".

All in all, I really like the miner, especially the nice Interface, and the SIGT hashrate of course.

Also, I'm really looking forward to future versions, will definetely check them out!

Cheers!

xixou

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:57:38 AM

I wanted to know if I could disable usage of first graphic card to compute skunk (out of 4),
 such that I could still play game while 3 others gpu are being used by cwigm.exe.

I use this with ccminer:

but remove -a skunk ( doesnt exists - the miner takes care of the algo now ) and point the miner to what COIN you want to mine ...

ie ...

-c sigt ...
-c dnr ...

though crashing is not good ... we dont have that issue logged as a common problem ...

#crysx

Indeed this is working fine like ccminer ^^
For the crash you can reproduce it easily at your side i guess.

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 11:21:03 AM

@crysx

Thanks for letting me test the miner! Unfortunately I'm not using it at the moment, since profit dropped due to halving, and dropping price for SIGT. Also for DNR it doesnt give me the hashrate I was hoping for (even though it's better than the ccminer). Still holding my SIGT from before the halving, since I believe it could rise a lot in price; also I really want to try mining DNR in case the miner gets more optimized (I think _sp claims his miner to get ~46-47 MH/s with the GTX 1060, but im definetely not paying 0.1 BTC or 300€ for it  Roll Eyes ) or the price rises. Also I'd like to go back to mining SIGT when the price is right. But, as I still have to pay off some of my cards, I have to go safe for now and mine the most profitable, which lately is ETH.

Still, I want to be so fair and give my feedback:

-SIGT: Hashrate is really good, best I had so far (dont know whats up with the network problems though, just started the miner for the screenshot):

-DNR: again, just started for the screenshots. Dont know whats going on with the netdiff errors, didnt have them before when testing. But the rejects were there before; might be a problem related to my computer, but I had them on all of my 3 computers (also 1060s). Maybe OC settings wrong, didnt really have the time to play around, got a lot of stuff to do these days.

About my other cards (cant take screenshots right now):
I got 7 more GTX 1060s, all 3GB instead of the 6GB in the screenshots, they are performing a little bit worse, about 1-3 MH/s per card, depending on the brand and the algo. I got 3 Gigabye Minis and 4 EVGA Minis, the EVGAs are a little better (higher clock, better cooling IMO). None of the cards were pushed to the limit (OCwise), since I want to keep it "quiet".

All in all, I really like the miner, especially the nice Interface, and the SIGT hashrate of course.

Also, I'm really looking forward to future versions, will definetely check them out!

Cheers!

first - much appreciated for testing AND the feedback ...

unlike that person - we dont claim anything except what we are sure of ...

the hashrates and stats of CWIgm are users stats and settings - not ours ... again - unlike Rune - he can claim and post any internal figure he wants ... we are NOT in competition with anyone - even though i let my mouth run with him sometimes ...

if you are using the temp and netdiff parameters at all - remove them from the parameter list ... you will get a much more fluent and uninterrupted mining with the cards ... until we get ddos attacks on the pool of course ( wonder where they are coming from? <insert sarcastic smiley> ) ...

the tribus also is Class B optimized ... what that means for us is simply that the algos have been optimized - but not to the level of the internal private miner we have ... our main goal here is for stability and ease of use of the miner - and i hope we are accomplishing this much more than 'hashrate' ways ...

our farm ( CWI-theFARM ) is being rebuilt with gigabyte aorus 1080ti xtreme cards ... they seem to be running quite well - and are currently on CWI-Pool Signatum ... we will be switching them to CWI-Pool BitCore soon to finalize testing of the bitcore pool ...

errors are always a commonplace issue and can never be removed completely in mining ... but minimizing them is the best ANY developer can do ...

we are also not naive enough to think that miners dont have expenses ... for us - its about testing CWIgm and making it the best possible miner we can make it ... so optimization and hashrate are secondary for the moment - stability and ease of use our primary concern ...

tanx again for your feedback and stats / specs ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2017, 11:24:58 AM

I use this with ccminer:

ie ...

-c sigt ...
-c dnr ...

#crysx

Indeed this is working fine like ccminer ^^
For the crash you can reproduce it easily at your side i guess.

nice Smiley ...

we are looking into the issues ... lets see if we cant squash some bugs Smiley ...

#crysx

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: