Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:18:51 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tpd09

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 06:52:42 AM

hey crysx - I did some testing around the pool and the miner on SIGT. Used your miner on your pool for couple of weeks, then used ccminer 2.2 on your pool for couple of days and compared results with mining on supernova.

my findings:

- Crashes: It seems to me that the crashes are caused by the pool not the miner. This became evident when I used ccminer on your pool. Had 2 crashes the last day alone. I guess DDos attacks may be part of it.
- Earnings: This one is dubious, as the luck and difficulty, as well as pool size etc are never equal to make apples to apples comparison. However, I can say that overall, I was more "lucky" mining on supernova.
- API: You already discussed your position on this, so I just want to say, we really need this. Specially when you are looking for the sweet spot on temps/performance with a 7 card rig.

Looking forward testing the new miner when out.
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 07:08:03 AM

hey crysx - I did some testing around the pool and the miner on SIGT. Used your miner on your pool for couple of weeks, then used ccminer 2.2 on your pool for couple of days and compared results with mining on supernova.

my findings:

- Crashes: It seems to me that the crashes are caused by the pool not the miner. This became evident when I used ccminer on your pool. Had 2 crashes the last day alone. I guess DDos attacks may be part of it.
- Earnings: This one is dubious, as the luck and difficulty, as well as pool size etc are never equal to make apples to apples comparison. However, I can say that overall, I was more "lucky" mining on supernova.
- API: You already discussed your position on this, so I just want to say, we really need this. Specially when you are looking for the sweet spot on temps/performance with a 7 card rig.

Looking forward testing the new miner when out.

thats good ...

we are very appreciative such tests ...

crashes - we block ip addresses as they come from ddos attacks ... ALL pools are susceptible to such attacks - so we can only block as they come ... ocminer does not share anything from his pools - especially blocked ip addresses ( blacklist ) - so suprnova has a big advantage there from most other pool ... as well as the fact that ocminer is a damn good dev and has been doing this for a LONG time ... but that crashes in CWIgm are varied - and the disconnection / reconnection messes with its stability ... this is a known issue ( many reported in testing ) and we have been working on this for CWIgm-0.9.9 ... we hope we have a much more stable miner in the next test release ...

earning - well ... what can i say that i already havent said ( or others have said ) ... this is a very general subject - even tho the components of this subject is very specific ... the timeframe matter much also - which you didnt specify - as well as the when it was mined ... when we had mining at 200gh - our 'luck' was much higher than now ... so really - its a 'much of a muchness' Wink ... no doubt tho - suprnova has the largest hashrate - and will work in much the same leverage as any pool with massive hashrate ... so 'luck' is more on the side of the larger pools - but not always ... remember also - when theFARM is fully built - it is dedicated to the CWI-Pool system and will be made available to that alone ... at the moment - its very small and in the LONG process of the rebuild ...

api ... there is a very good reason why we will not immediately build an api - if ever ... this will come to light in the coming revision of CWIgm - as the first stages of what we have been working on is revealed ...

tanx again ...

#crysx

harrisvan87

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 08:32:07 AM

Here this is SIGT

http://pool.chainworksindustries.com/sigt/index.php?page=login

Can u add more notification such as no earning coin?

ok - sigt pool ...

tanx ...

so what is happening? ... what is the issue? ...

and what do you mean - 'no earning coin' ? ...

#crysx
Hello Chrys,
have the same problem with pool sigt - Hope you have time to check that issue - no coin for a long while too for few hours ago, now it's seem fine . I have no idea.
Eulersheep

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 09:27:43 AM

Is there an issue with the signatum pool? 150% luck for the past 24 hours  Undecided
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 10:15:22 AM

hi all ...

there is NOTHING wrong with the sigt pool ...

this luck estimation has been hashed over and over again ...

when the pool has huge luck with a low estimation and we end up with a lot of coin - there never seems to be an issue ... now that we have higher luck with less coins everyone thinks there is a problem? .... there really isnt anything wrong ... this IS how it all works ...

there will be days where you get the lions share of the coins minted on our pool - and times when we dont ... its the way the network works ... our miner is tuned so that EVERY share is hashed correctly - other miners not so much ... this 'may' be part of the block solving issue - but its usually just down to the 'luck' factor ...

we keep the last 70blocks on record for a reason ...

look at how many blocks we have solved as a pool in the last 24hours ... since block 51476 ... which means our 'little' pool has already solved 52 blocks in under 24hours and still going ...

multiply 52blocks by 1250 and you will see that our 'little' pool is doing pretty damned good for a measly 75gh out of 1.1th ...

so where seems to be the issue with this? ... as a seasoned myself - these are pretty good stats - especially for a small pool ...

imagine if we had the hashrate that suprnova has? ...

#crysx

lolopo

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:04:56 AM

How do i Beta ?
Eulersheep

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 11:12:42 AM

hi all ...

when the pool has huge luck with a low estimation and we end up with a lot of coin - there never seems to be an issue ... now that we have higher luck with less coins everyone thinks there is a problem? .... there really isnt anything wrong ... this IS how it all works ...

there will be days where you get the lions share of the coins minted on our pool - and times when we dont ... its the way the network works ... our miner is tuned so that EVERY share is hashed correctly - other miners not so much ... this 'may' be part of the block solving issue - but its usually just down to the 'luck' factor ...

look at how many blocks we have solved as a pool in the last 24hours ... since block 51476 ... which means our 'little' pool has already solved 52 blocks in under 24hours and still going ...

multiply 52blocks by 1250 and you will see that our 'little' pool is doing pretty damned good for a measly 75gh out of 1.1th ...

so where seems to be the issue with this? ... as a seasoned myself - these are pretty good stats - especially for a small pool ...

#crysx

I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a technical reason for the bad luck over the past 24 hours. All good!
HUNTERxp

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 12:43:15 PM

Hello.
Are you planning to add ssl (https) for the pool's website?
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 01:10:54 PM

hi all ...

#crysx

I'm sorry, I meant no disrespect. Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a technical reason for the bad luck over the past 24 hours. All good!

no disrespect taken ...

its a valid point - but only when its first brought up ... its been brought up MANY times - and the explanation is exactly the same every time - with every pool ...

thats what we are trying to convey ... EVERY pool has the same level of 'luck' as any other with the same network situations and the same hashrates ... but thankfully - not every pool has exactly the same situations and hashrates ... which is why its such an exciting time to be in crypto ...

anyway - like i mentioned - it is no disrespect taken ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2017, 01:11:30 PM

Hello.
Are you planning to add ssl (https) for the pool's website?

yes ...

we are looking into it ...

#crysx

neoline

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 02:18:37 PM

ccminer spmod8 = ~75Mh/s
CWIgm = ~81Mh/s

Running CWI for about 10 days
Best GUI, nice speed, nice pool

Waiting for other algos
Lack of monitoring API  Cry
testaaaa11

Activity: 30

View Profile
August 25, 2017, 05:34:12 PM

Crys, ability for timezone to affect the pool's STATISTICS->GRAPHS page would be great. And a calculation of my hashrate for the last 1, 3, and 6 hours.

CWI miner continues to be stellar.
alebubu

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 07:51:53 AM

I have 02 workers with speed of 135MHz & 105MHz. CWIGM software displayed earn 205 & 160 coin lastday. But why only 295 coin in pool.chainworksindustries.com  ? What problems have happened with my workers ??

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 07:57:16 AM

ccminer spmod8 = ~75Mh/s
CWIgm = ~81Mh/s

Running CWI for about 10 days
Best GUI, nice speed, nice pool

Waiting for other algos
Lack of monitoring API  Cry

nice ...

im not going through the api thing again ...

work is being done ...

tanx for the feedback tho - its seems you are not alone for the api removal ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 07:59:04 AM

Crys, ability for timezone to affect the pool's STATISTICS->GRAPHS page would be great. And a calculation of my hashrate for the last 1, 3, and 6 hours.

CWI miner continues to be stellar.

hmmm ...

i dont quite understand the timezone issue - so if you could clarify please? ...

calculation of hashrate also ...

are you talking on CWIgm itself? ... or the pool? ... or both? ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 08:03:23 AM

Currently at 160% luck on the BTX pool and the last two blocks were both above 130%, seems we're on an unlucky streak now. Sad

@crys, how's the work coming along on the timetravel10 algo for the miner?

--ypsi

yup ...

i agree with you with bitcore ...

the work on timetravel10 is coming along well - you can see by the chrysophylax profile our mine testing ...

other work is holding back the release of the next test edition - but it is getting closer we are happy to say ...

the next revision will have the following algos also ...

- jha
- skunkhash
- timetravel10
- tribus

if CWIgm-0.9.9 is stable and works well - we will work on the addition of further algos - and less on the stability ... but we will always work on the 'ease of use' of the miner ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2017, 08:05:30 AM

I have 02 workers with speed of 135MHz & 105MHz. CWIGM software displayed earn 205 & 160 coin lastday. But why only 295 coin in pool.chainworksindustries.com  ? What problems have happened with my workers ??

estimates ...

thats all they are ...

and these estimates change continuously as the network changes ...

this has been spoken about before many times ... as estimates can only go by what inputs they have at any one time or another - and they are never the same ...

if you REALLY want way off estimates - go to whattomine Wink ...

#crysx

S_Natural

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:18:36 PM

I'm mining in you pool, nice pool. I've sent you a pm asking for the miner, check pm plz. Thanks Smiley

pr0ximus

Activity: 142
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 02:19:10 PM

Much better than other miners used both in terms of stability and earnings. Good job. Cant wait for 0.9.9 Smiley
rascao

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 26, 2017, 05:05:35 PM

About the estimate is working as it should, and the real estimate is mine 1 week and see, so far so good i like the miner 0 crashes solid hash, i like the coin sigt goo rewards for my 1080´s, amd the pool is good looking forward 4 the new version of the miner
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: