Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:30:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 04:02:43 PM

It would be great, if you also do support of Zcoin (algo: lyra2z).

A few more algos have been included in the CWIgm-0.9.9.

Quite a few not added, but the majority of the algos we would like to have added will be in the full release 1.0.0.

#crysx

Hello Crys
can you give just a short teaser what the coins will be supporting by your new miner?
before it was DNR and SIGT?
Now as far as I understand there would be BTX and whet else?
thanx
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 09:20:31 PM

That's a long winded reply to me saying it's my fault for trusting you.

If you read through, I was clearly not worried about the ~7k SIGT, I was just mightily disappointed that a "business" would destroy users assets without at least trying to get in touch with them first.

Again, my fault, repeat, my fault, I clearly overestimated the professionalism of your "business".

And again, to users, let my situation be a warning that you need to keep up with the public announcements for this "Business" as they have "destroyed" my assets without notifying ME.

@chrysophylax, I have accepted your excuse, and I am accepting the blame, I knew I wasn't getting it back as soon as I saw that SIGT pool page not loading.

You can act all high and mighty, smacking down a user with insults and droning on about bad contractors, but you call yourself a business and I don't know of a whole lot of business models where it's acceptable to destroy a users assets without trying to contact them first.  You can disagree all you want, but destroying any users assets without trying to contact them is a VERY POOR business model and you are absolutely daydreaming if that attitude towards your users gives you spotless credibility.

Your claim of false accusations is only true if your word is good on the coin being destroyed, I guess we have to accept your word right... so fine, you destroyed the coin, I did say I accepted your excuse.
My claim that your "business" destroyed my coin without even trying to contact me is very legit.
Defending your lack of professionalism in this case by saying "Did we LOSE your coins like most other pools have? Did we get hacked and lose ALL our funds like most other pools have, who mostly just throw their arms up in the air and shrug their shoulders to say 'sorry - we got hacked. Tough luck!'?"... is just sad.  
Not being incompetent, or thieves doesn't make you a professional business.

I don't even want the ~SIGT, I want you to realize that if it's a business, run it like a business, don't f*ck your users over because you can't do a (SELECT email FROM users WHERE SIGTBal > 0) and write a quick program to send out some emails, would you like me to explain how easy this is in like half a dozen languages...  You obviously have programmers, and what should have been done isn't even hard for even an amateur programmer.  Heck, here's a simple solution since you want to compare to other similar pools and their xxxxx users, use the damn Newsletter that's build in.  Either way, not hard compared to the programming your already doing.  And you called me lazy...

In the end, your "business" will rely on it's users, don't forget that.

So I guess they should drop everything else they are doing to write a new program that integrates into their pool system and sends you an email that says "hey, remove your coins from the pool wallet so you dont lose them"? are you a programmer? its not as easy as you think to do what you want them to do. Sorry you lost your coins, but no pool anywhere that I've ever used will send automated emails to its users to give them a heads up. Is it a good idea to have that in a pool? yes, I think it would be. However, the truth is they dont, probably never will so you have to do your own due dillegence to keep an eye on your coins. You admitted as much, so move forward and next time have your coins sent to a desktop wallet at a small interval.

FYI, You can set automated payouts in most of these types of pools, others do it without you setting it. I have coins sitting on other pools that wont pay them out for some reason. Ive sent emails and get no responses. Not a big deal, I just stop mining those pools and find another one. chalk it up to a learning experience and be happy you didnt lose hundreds, if not thousands of dollars.. my brother lost a few thousand dollars worth of coins due to hackers.. I understand you say its the principle, and I would normally agree but they did notify on their threads multiple times about closing the pool and removing coins. The quote I posted was just 1 of many.

Ive never had issues with CWI pools, or getting my coins out from them. They operate with integrity and are very active on all their threads, unlike lots of other pool operators. Sorry you had a bad experience but I will stick with their pools...

and honestly, I wouldnt use straks to wipe my ass with. if I were you I would find a better coin to mine or trade..

In fact I am a programmer, and I do know how easy it is to setup a program to query a DB and then send emails, depending on the language and the DB it could be less than 100 lines of code, depending on how simple you want it.

You talk pools, chry talks about being a professional business.  If it were some random little pool then ya, you get screwed, you get screwed, but when you deal with a pool that is trying to present itself as a part of a bigger more professional business, I would expect more business like practices and professionalism.  If Suprnova were to de-list coins, I would definitely expect to hear about it in my inbox, especially if I had a balance.  If littlepool.whogives.anF did it, ya, you gotta live with that.

If you want to lump CWI in with "other pools", then ya, all this BS fits, but don't present as professional when your not.
If they want to be a professional business, then they should be professional and use good business practices, otherwise they are just like other pools and the "business" stuff is all a facade.

good, write a program to do what you want then give it to cwi.. problem solved. Then, give it to all the other pools as well since I know of maybe 2 that will send email alerts (usually only if your miner goes offline). And suprnova, yeah theyve delisted coins I was mining in the past and guess what? no email in my inbox champ

heres a screenshot of the extent that SUPRNOVA NOTIFIES people of pools closing... ready... (and you can verify its not photoshopped by going to the page yourself)

Show me your balance is over 0 and they didn't email you...
Or find one of those 8 miners and see if they got an email...

I'm guessing your part of the CWI team or someone that doesn't care that someone calling themselves a "business" would treat a users assets like this... very American attitude to just accept whatever crap is forced down your throat and defend it without thinking.

If you seriously like the business model where the "business" will destroy your assets without contacting you then you will definitely get screwed at some point along the line buy someone calling themselves a business.

Just because that's the only options right now, that doesn't make them business or their practices right or moral...

If you had lost an asset to a company and contacted them to see what happened and they said "oh, we destroyed that because you weren't paying attention", I don't know that you would be defending that business model as strongly as you are.

I got sucked into the "business" behind this project thinking it would be more reliable, business like and not just a pool, I was clearly wrong.  AGAIN, my fault.
Bottom line, CWI is just another pool, no real business here yet.

P.S. I appreciate you're replies as it keeps the facade of a business here in the light.

if "they", the business was responsible for losing the asset then yes, it's their fault and you should be compensated. However, they went above and beyond and notified everyone weeks prior to shutting down the pool. Besides, mining had stopped for SIGT, it was in POS stage so why on earth would you keep your coins on a pool wallet? This is not even remotely their fault. Had they never notified, posted or communicated to anyone about the pool closing I would agree with you discarding your coins was wrong, but thats not what happened. You were lazy and didnt keep an eye on "your" coins. It's not their responsibility to make sure you keep track of your coins, its yours. I have no busines with CWI besides mining their pools once in a while.

Lets not get into business ethics, values or morals. I happen to own a business and fully understand how to run a successful one, as well as how to handle customers and issues. However, there are times when customers, vendors and employees are in the wrong and its not the fault of the business. This is one of those times. What's funny is that you keep stating that it's your fault, then immediately place the blame on them. So, lets be honest, your not really taking any blame at all here.

As far as an "american attitude", you have no clue what an american attitude is. Americans have never just let people force things down their throats without defending it. I will assume you know nothing of world history when you make ignorant statements like that. Let me guess, U.K? It's usually my friends from across the pond that think that, especially the ones who have never spent time in the US and get their world view from TV. If your statement about Americans was true, then I guess I would just take what you say and let you shove it down my throat without so much as a yelp or a cogent argument.

Try again with your argument. Its fun to watch you continually make the same one and still come up on the short end.

Bottom line, as an individual, it is your responsibility to manage your money. Whether it be fiat, crypto or whatever currency your country uses. It is also your responsiblity to keep track of where it is. How hard would it have been to set auto payments on the pool and have the coins sent to a desktop wallet? certainly not 100 lines of code. Took me 5 seconds to configure and my coins don't sit idle in the pools wallet.

That! What he/she said!

We have certain responsibilities, which we do not denounce or shirk. We have followed the ethical and legal methods we believe have been fait an equitable for all involved. So when you claim to be at fault and in the same sentence accuse us of not emailing you, then you really need to check your priorities with HOW communication is done here.

We choose the forum (which you have been responding to extensively) because MOST would prefer this for of medium to communicate these types of important posts. We do not have Telegram or Discord (even though Steven Saxton was kind enough to set one up), because I personally cannot access them very easily due to the Proxy/WebSockets issue that exists with this type of communication. We have setup a slack group, but that is the only other form of communication I personally (and somewhat theTEAM) work with. Other than that, we have NOT and will NOT resort to emails for any of these types of message for one simple fact - SPAM folders. Most of these types of messages go to spam folders and MOST miners/traders don;t even bother with email these days. Skype is the ONLY medium so far that gives us NO issues whether we use a proxy (squid in our network) or not. So I am MORE THAN HAPPY to setup an official CWI-Skype Group if you feel that would be better.

In fact, that will happen after the years end.

If we 'lose' you as a miner or customer, then so be it. We will not pursue this argument any further as we have stated fact after fact after fact, and you still refuse to acknowledge all we have done to notify the community and general public of our intention to close the pool AND lose YOUR fund in the wallet when this happens. Our responsibility still? NOPE!

As for you and your defamatory statements against our business, I would offer these words of advice. Be careful what you say in a public medium especially. We don;t take kindly to those that offer defamation as an act of opposition. It is NOT opposition or an argument at the very least, you are defaming our business and defaming our name. This is something that is entrenched in LAW and we will not accept it. So the advice is simple. Don't.

It is much better that you just leave, stop with your ridiculous rants about us not emailing you, as if that was the only form of communication on the planet, and possibly become much more civil with your connotations about ChainWorks Industries and the defamatory statements you make against it and consequently us.

#crysx

Well, I had given it up because all I was getting was aggressive squabble with one of your minions who seems to let everything go over his head.
I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE COIN OR THAT YOU DESTROYED THEM.  End of story, I'm done with that situation.
So if it wasn't clear before, I officially apologize that I accused you of taking my coins when your policy is to destroy them and my future comments will not be about that situation.
I will even apologize for implying your business is a facade, a business is a business, not all have the same standards.

My point here is more about general business practice...
Just a simple question, nothing to do with what happened, just a general business practice question...
Do you believe it is good business practice for a company to destroy a users assets without trying to contact them directly?

Understood uhro.

No issues.

In answer to your question - in a general system that is a open for the general public, most certainly. There was never any need to contact each and every miner or user individually regarding the closure of the pool, only post in the general thread that almost EVERYONE reads and acknowledges is the place to go for current information on the project at hand. We did not message every single person to join, why would we do that for the closure of ONE pool?

Had I personally been a fund manager for you specifically, dealing with your individual needs and your specific personal investments, of course you would be notified individually, in almost every way possible. I am personally not 'attached' to you in that way, nor do I (or CWI) represent you in that way, nor are am I paid (like a fund manager or representative) in that way either.

We posted our intention, and gave ample warning. We have always done so. Putting the coins aside for this response, there is absolutely nothing more we need to do, let alone legally obliged to do, than undertake what we have done in order to give fair warning of the impending closure. Why is it you think that the Banking system only send out policy statements on the website ONLY, when their policies change and they start charging more in fees and add new fees, shrinking your bank balance even further, quicker? Whether you read the policy changes or not; whether you are actually notified or not, they post once and be done with it even though they are taking YOUR money for themselves. It's because even outside of Crypto and in the 'real' world, there is no such thing as individualism unless you PAY for it. This is why they force you to LOSE your funds in fees that they make up at will and on a whim, in order to benefit from your hard work and earnings. They do not individualize messages, just a blanket post about policy changes on a website.

We are here to build a system in which the entire ecosystem simplifies the use of CryptoCurrencies. Mining is one part of that especially the miner (CWIgm), as are the other 6 parts of the ecosystem. You are responsible for ALL that you do in OUR system, not us. We are responsible for the workings and development (especially the cost) of these systems, not you. This is easily a give and take situation on both sides, which is actually better than ANY real world systems out there currently to date, such as the banking system which is completely one sided. Unfortunately in Crypto at the moment, there is almost no regulatory entity that exists to set hard and fast rules to take on as a standard to work by, so we must build these standards ourselves, in the best way we can. If there is a way you could help us, we would be happy to listen and if agreed, implement for the betterment of not only our own systems and developments, but also your use of these systems.

The bigger we get, the less we can chase down people who seemingly don't take notice of our posts or warnings. So we must do what we can, and then a little more, but that is where we must stop and move on to further our developments and business in this industry. Why don't you email Bill Gates and see how he responds, if at all, to ANY of your queries. Chances are he will post to 'you' by way of a blanket message on a website somewhere. If we ever get as big as Microsoft, do you think we will post to every individual, or just post in a general way like Microsoft do, or any other business for that matter - corporate, large or small.

Suggest something here, help out, and believe me when I say this, we will listen. No guarantee of what can be done, but we will surely take it on board. I am personally responding to you, and if that doesn't say something to you, nothing will. This is my time away from building what needs to be built, making the deals that need to be made, and running the business to become a global contender in the CryptoIndustry AND the 'Real World'.

We have just signed two major deals that sit quite respectably as some of the achievements we will bring to market, that no one else has done successfully to date. What does this mean? Simply that what ever we do in the context of 'business', we do because we are people also, and if we were served the same way with the same situations as you have been (along with all others in your position), we would accept the consequences of our inaction. Simple. We always wear the shoe on the other foot, because WE TOO are customers and users of other peoples/companies systems and services, so we see both sides. We take the action that best suits the situation on a legal and binding level.

So yes - it is good practice when the generality of the action, is in consequence the same. If you feel that is unjust, unfair, or just plain unethical, then you have a number of choices to choose from. You chose this. So here we are.

This matter needs to be closed, so that we can focus on the progression of what is soon to come.

I do sincerely wish you a Happy Christmas, as no one deserves to be upset in this joyous time.

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2017, 09:22:51 PM

It would be great, if you also do support of Zcoin (algo: lyra2z).

A few more algos have been included in the CWIgm-0.9.9.

Quite a few not added, but the majority of the algos we would like to have added will be in the full release 1.0.0.

#crysx

Hello Crys
can you give just a short teaser what the coins will be supporting by your new miner?
before it was DNR and SIGT?
Now as far as I understand there would be BTX and whet else?
thanx

A few others in this release and a few more in the final.

Smiley

You will soon find out.

#crysx

jimlite
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1018

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 07:24:19 AM

Can't wait to see all your hard work. I really liked what I saw from 0.9.8 even if only two algos.
Of course my 2 cents is if this is for Nvidia cards, you've got to be doing equihash, Lyra2re, and maybe Skein at the moment those are the hot algos.

Binance, hottest/largest alt exchange, 2BTC daily no verification. https://www.binance.com/?ref=13309371
NEED TO RENT A RIG? All algos at http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=627

✵ Super FAST block times      ✵ Block Explorer right in the wallet!     ✵ Stealth Addresses     ✵ PoW/PoS hybrid  
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Ancient Money