Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 11:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ### A ChainWorks Industries (CWI) Project - CWIgm | Simple Powerful Stable  (Read 67708 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
sparker327

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

Parachute for sale. Used once. Small red stain.

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:22:30 PM

1) One thing i noticed is that GPU 0 drops hash rate to 25 MH when I connect remotely to my rig. Is this expected? I don't believe other miners had this so pronounced.

2) Off topic. Your pool has nicest dashboard I saw so far .
1) I use internal gpu as main - so no drop of hashrate. If you don't have one use teamviewer, tightvnc etc. May be rdp to main console will also work - /admin parameter (haven't tried that).
2) Many other pool have the same frontend, e.g. look https://zoi.acc-pool.pw/

I use teamviewer when reported drop happens. But when I connect the GPU also has to draw screen before supplying to teamviewer or not? I also notice much more power fluctuation on same GPU when I am connected. But this is not really important because I just connect every other day to check temps a bit or change what is mining on the rig.

I read somewhere that it is better to turn off internal GPU when using PC as mining rig. That apparently frees some channels in MB and helps system work better when using multi GPUs.

the problem with turning off your internal GPU is if you have your discrete card go out on you, then you wont have a graphics card to view your system on the monitor until you replace the discrete card. At least this way if your card malfunctions you can still use your system until you get it replaced.
e6ug

Activity: 773
Merit: 508

Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:10:07 PM

love the miner, super solid, very few crashes in the few weeks i have been testing. 

http://imgur.com/a/JfQhj

best miner so far for 1050ti  core+160 mem -300

cant wait for 9.9 with new algos

Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:30:53 PM

Read my upper post. I asked the simplest solution. I dont need to shut down GPU-s. I just need to close the miner application.

IF temp on GPU 0 or 1 or 2 or whatever = 70 degrees - Close CWIgm.exe

try

--max-temp=70 option

That doesnt do what i was looking for. It just throttles ur GPU, like, slows it down to keep temperature under that number. And it slows down ur mining or stops it on that GPU if it needs to throttle GPU too much.

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 07:49:25 AM

0.9.9 release please Smiley Stability, easy to use is ok but everybody first always see on mhs and $ Smiley

What to use in bat file to test latest version ccminer on your pool?

when CWIgm-0.9.9 is ready to be beta tested ...

depending on your machines - but if its a single system with its own worker on the pool - then -c <coin> --lodiff ...

otherwise - if it is a few machines on the one worker - leave the --lodiff parameter off ...

other settings to use are -i <intensity> depending on what card you use and many others ...

read through the readme.txt that comes with your welcome pack and download ... it explained the parameters you can use for the cards and systems you have ...

#crysx

Crysx, i asked several times. Is there an option to turn off miner when certain temperature is met, for safety? If my rig temperatures jump for more then 15-20% then ussual something is wrong, and throttling has no use kinda. It will either work on lower temp or not work at all, no need to throttle GPU-s on which cooling started to be a problem. It's not a solution.

If you dont have it, why and it would be amazing to have it. Or do you know some other way how to turn off miner if i reach certain temperature.

there is no way to just turn off a card when something goes wrong ...

not even in the 5year old mature applications ( ccminer and sgminer ) that i know of ...

though that would be a great addition - but the 'why' part of your question is VERY difficult to answer ... the simple and short answer is - because its VERY difficult ...

Allow me to attempt explaining it: A program is a collection of one or more "threads" that you can think of as semi-independent little programs sharing memory. Most often, one is assigned per GPU you have, to handle giving that specific GPU work, and getting results from it. When you ask a GPU to do something - you are actually "calling" (or running code from, and waiting for it to tell you it finished and what went down) code from the driver. Keeping it simple - AMD develops the driver, which is buried deep in the OS and controls the hardware for you - so you can say "Run this shit and tell me what nonces are good" without having to care too much about the details. If a GPU has hung... it has hung inside the code that is deep in the shit that the miner dev usually doesn't even think about - let alone control. That thread is now "stuck", and will remain so until the entire program terminates. You may notice how when a GPU goes "DEAD" in SGMiner, the others continue to mine... this is why.

So, everything continues despite that thread's fucked status until somebody or something tells the whole miner program to quit... and therefore, all its threads must quit... oh shit. The OS can't actually terminate it properly - it's stuck in low-level code that happens to often be a core, low-level part of the OS itself... in short - we be fucked. Hard reboot to bring the GPU back up, in short.

Read my upper post. I asked the simplest solution. I dont need to shut down GPU-s. I just need to close the miner application.

Smiley ...

there ARE such scripts you can write to loop CWIgm into a reset ...

BUT - what you are asking is all part of the GPU MONITORING ... which is why such a details explanation for such a 'simple' question ...

you need to understand that an application needs to KNOW a gpu is dead or over heated BEFORE any actions can be taken ... which is the explanations you have above ..

so the answer is simple ( and mentioned earlier also ) - no there is no way of CWIgm or AND mining application to close when an event like that occurs BECAUSE it needs to KNOW that a gpu has overheated or died ... there maybe a command to put into a script that is ANY gpu reaches a certain temperature then shut down the miner - but that brings us back to the same issue with monitoring ... im sure windows has some utilities of tools that can help there - but we know of none that would monitor temps AND shut an application down in such events ...

without sounding offensive here - but anything missed there? ... as im sort of confused as to why you would think this question is actually simple ...

#crysx

Cant application work with temperature values it shows on the screen, like it shows fan %, core clock and such? It needs to take those values from somewhere first and store them in a variable before puting them on screen. And if it reads temp is above 75 or 80 it calls command to close the whole app.

If i am dumb or bother you just say haha. Also dont want to waste ur time. It's just curiosity now as i used to programm on my college and have some okish background. The whole reason why i thought it's simple is coz application allready works with temperatures in some way. I would say it takes that data from somewhere, store then in some string variable, or maybe integer or whatever if it's not stored as character and then put them on the screen.

AND ANYWAY! I like your miner very much. I like it clean and simple as it is. Very nice UI. Also pool is rly cool. Have a lot of details and works well. Keep it up!

no no no ...

you are not wasting our time - or 'dumb' - or bothering us ...

but it seems you misunderstood WHY we were explaining what we have been ... there is NO option in the current miner ( or any other miner ) to do what you ask - unless an external application takes these values and uses them to determine what to do with CWIgm running ...

tell you what tho - if this is something a few users CAN use - lets see what can be done ... this IS a beta afterall - so testing new things wont hurt ... depending on how mcuh work we need to put into the coding of it of course - as other things take priority for the time being ...

much appreciated for the positive and kind words also ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 07:52:05 AM

1) One thing i noticed is that GPU 0 drops hash rate to 25 MH when I connect remotely to my rig. Is this expected? I don't believe other miners had this so pronounced.

2) Off topic. Your pool has nicest dashboard I saw so far .
1) I use internal gpu as main - so no drop of hashrate. If you don't have one use teamviewer, tightvnc etc. May be rdp to main console will also work - /admin parameter (haven't tried that).
2) Many other pool have the same frontend, e.g. look https://zoi.acc-pool.pw/

I use teamviewer when reported drop happens. But when I connect the GPU also has to draw screen before supplying to teamviewer or not? I also notice much more power fluctuation on same GPU when I am connected. But this is not really important because I just connect every other day to check temps a bit or change what is mining on the rig.

I read somewhere that it is better to turn off internal GPU when using PC as mining rig. That apparently frees some channels in MB and helps system work better when using multi GPUs.

these points are all true - depending on what your configuration of the cards are - miner - and os ...

mess around with the settings of all three and see what you get ...

there is no ONE way to do it - as each machine ( computer ) is unique and have different settings ... from bios to software settings ...

#crysx

chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 07:58:39 AM

@crysx do you do any maintenance to the pool?

3 times my miner went idle in the last 12 hours  Undecided

which pool? ...

you ask as if we only have one pool Wink ...

i have been doing maintenance - yes ... some of the maintenance does not involve the stratum - others do ... its a short 25second interval between stratum drop and uptime - so its a very small effect on the uptime of the pool ... however - there have been attacks on a regular basis - and we know which ips they are coming from which tends make me believe that some 'badboys' may be commissioned to do some stuffing around with ddos and hacking ... if this is the case - we have a legal issue on our hands - and will fight it to the end ...

either way - we will continue to improve the security AND stability of the pools as well as CWIgm ...

testing the sweep pool very shortly - so will have a bit of downtime on that pool also ... DO NOT mine on that pool please unless you are willing to test the pool ... this means you will probably LOSE your hashrate to the pool for testing purposes ... CWI-Pool SweepStakeCoin is in alpha - and is being tested internally ... will go to beta designation when we have finished with internal testing for public testing / use ...

#crysx

tpd09

Activity: 287
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 08:20:23 AM

which pool? ...

i have been doing maintenance - yes ... some of the maintenance does not involve the stratum - others do ... its a short 25second interval between stratum drop and uptime - so its a very small effect on the uptime of the pool ... however - there have been attacks on a regular basis - and we know which ips they are coming from which tends make me believe that some 'badboys' may be commissioned to do some stuffing around with ddos and hacking ... if this is the case - we have a legal issue on our hands - and will fight it to the end ...

either way - we will continue to improve the security AND stability of the pools as well as CWIgm ...

testing the sweep pool very shortly - so will have a bit of downtime on that pool also ... DO NOT mine on that pool please unless you are willing to test the pool ... this means you will probably LOSE your hashrate to the pool for testing purposes ... CWI-Pool SweepStakeCoin is in alpha - and is being tested internally ... will go to beta designation when we have finished with internal testing for public testing / use ...

#crysx

My bad - I was referring to sigt pool. Since last time the miner has been stable for the last 12 hours or so.

do you have eta on the new miner?
thanks
chrysophylax (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 08:28:39 AM

which pool? ...

#crysx

My bad - I was referring to sigt pool. Since last time the miner has been stable for the last 12 hours or so.

do you have eta on the new miner?
thanks

all good ...

and no ... i shall be very blunt with this question when it arises - as with all the questions like this that have been asked too many times now ...

if there is news - you can rest assured it will be published ... no news means we are still working in the background and on the backend ... we will NOT hype - just produce ... thats why our focus is not on anything else but our projects ...

Smiley ...

#crysx

richstain

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:20:41 AM

my miner seems to be working fine but on my dashboard, the worker is not active. therefore my hashrate is 0  Huh

but i still getting my coins. is it a bug?
nfr

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 11:29:32 AM

my miner seems to be working fine but on my dashboard, the worker is not active. therefore my hashrate is 0  Huh

yep cant access dashboard,
but am still receiving shares
cryptonist

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 03:09:50 PM

Hi, can you please PM with the details? I have been mining to your pool using a different miner, but wouldn't mind testing out CWIgm!
rascao

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 05:14:22 PM

this is a dumb question but yor are cheking your coin dashboard? because there is a loot of coins on the pool, make sure you are on the rigth coin it happensd to me xD
g01dt00th

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 06:53:53 PM

try

--max-temp=70 option

That doesnt do what i was looking for. It just throttles ur GPU, like, slows it down to keep temperature under that number. And it slows down ur mining or stops it on that GPU if it needs to throttle GPU too much.

ok, if you want just close miner app, use external batch file.

for get temp use nvidia-smi.exe --id=0 --query-gpu=temperature.gpu --format=csv,noheader,nounits , where --id=0 - you GPU

like as (for 6 GPUs)

for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=0 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp0=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=1 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp1=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=2 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp2=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=3 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp3=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=4 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp4=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=5 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp5=%%p
set /a total=%gpu_temp0%+%gpu_temp1%+%gpu_temp2%+%gpu_temp3%+%gpu_temp4%+%gpu_temp5%
set /a gpu_tempaverage=%total%/6

if %gpu_tempaverage% GTR 70 (
   TASKKILL /IM cwigm.exe
)
Boulevard2005

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 04:43:05 AM

What is ORPHANED on trasactions?
richstain

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 05:56:47 AM

this is a dumb question but yor are cheking your coin dashboard? because there is a loot of coins on the pool, make sure you are on the rigth coin it happensd to me xD

nope, pretty sure im in the right pool. sometimes the worker is there, sometimes its not whenever i check.

and the hashrate is not same with what my miner says. im using gtx 1070 for denarius mining and my miner always show around 53mh hashrate, the dashboard randomly range from 27 to 130, or 0 when the worker went inactive.
nfr

Activity: 15

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 06:39:22 AM

nope, pretty sure im in the right pool. sometimes the worker is there, sometimes its not whenever i check.

and the hashrate is not same with what my miner says. im using gtx 1070 for denarius mining and my miner always show around 53mh hashrate, the dashboard randomly range from 27 to 130, or 0 when the worker went inactive.

lol I thought u're talking about sigt pool
Boulevard2005

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 11:43:19 AM

Anybody explain to me what is ORPHANED on trasactions? Only see from today
richstain

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 12:37:53 PM

im mining sigt too. same things are occurring.  Undecided
Brucelats

Activity: 326
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:39:03 PM

try

--max-temp=70 option

ok, if you want just close miner app, use external batch file.

for get temp use nvidia-smi.exe --id=0 --query-gpu=temperature.gpu --format=csv,noheader,nounits , where --id=0 - you GPU

like as (for 6 GPUs)

for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=0 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp0=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=1 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp1=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=2 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp2=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=3 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp3=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=4 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp4=%%p
for /F %%p in ('"C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVSMI\nvidia-smi" --id^=5 --query-gpu^=temperature.gpu --format^=csv^,noheader^,nounits') do set gpu_temp5=%%p
set /a total=%gpu_temp0%+%gpu_temp1%+%gpu_temp2%+%gpu_temp3%+%gpu_temp4%+%gpu_temp5%
set /a gpu_tempaverage=%total%/6

if %gpu_tempaverage% GTR 70 (
   TASKKILL /IM cwigm.exe
)

Damnnn! Thanks broski. I'll try it out!

rascao

Activity: 44

View Profile
August 22, 2017, 01:43:10 PM

im mining sigt too. same things are occurring.  Undecided

well for me is the same, the hasrate is not stable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: