Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:45:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 306 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | NEO Smart Economy⚡Now a Top 10 Cryptocurrency⚡| Official Thread |Updated Aug10  (Read 241228 times)
Jayjay04
Legendary

Activity: 1364
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

NEO really needs a better user interface wallet with much better syncing speed !!

In case you are using the NEO Desktop wallet, then you will want to download the 'Fast Sync' file (via the NEO Reddit) as that will save a LOT of time: https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6p7fk1/tutorial_how_to_speedup_neo_blockchain/

---------------------------------------------

Can´t find any info about bandwidth minimum requirement in upload and download with Neo Pos wallet

Someone will probably know more about this at the official NEO Reddit or the official NEO Slack channel.

You shouldn't have to download another file to speed up the sync. Wallet just should do it !

▄▄▄
                   █████
             ▄▄▄    ▀▀▀       ▄▄████╕
            █████          ▄▄███████▌
     ▄▄▄     ▀▀▀        ╓████████▀▀
    █████               ██████▀▀       ▄███▄
     ▀▀▀        ▄███▄    ▀▀▀           ▀███▀
                ▀███▀        ▄▄████╕
       ▁▄▄███▄           ▄▄████████▌
   ▁▄▆████████       ▄▄█████████▀▀       ▄███▄
 ▄█████████▀▔    ▄▄█████████▀▀           ▀███▀
▐██████▀▀▔   ,▄█████████▀▀        ▄▄▄
 ▔▀▀▀▔    ▄▄████████▀▀           █████
      ▄▄████████▀▀       ▄▄██▄    ▀▀▀
   ▄█████████▀       ▄▄███████▌       ▄▄▄
  ▐██████▀▀      ▄▄█████████▀▔       █████
   `▀▀▀      ▂▄█████████▀▀    ,▄▄µ    ▀▀▀
          ▂▆████████▀▀    ,▄██████▌
          ██████▀▀     ▄█████████▀
           ▔▀▀        ███████▀"
                      "▀▀▀╙
Hello!
STAKER
.The Next Proof-of-Stake.
KSmart Contract Tokene.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ddonics

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 08:52:04 PM

is it possible to claim directly in the neo web wallet?. I see the unclaimed gas balance but if i press the claim button, nothing happens. Does ist take some time ?

If I'm not mistaken, unless you have a very large amount of NEO, it will take a while for your GAS to accumulate enough to show up in your NEO Client wallet or NEON wallet. 

My GAS still is at 0 because I only have about 20 coins in there, I assume it will hit 1 when the decimals make a whole number?  Does anyone have decimals in GAS or is it only whole numbers?
ddonics

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 09:10:13 PM

So how far do you guys think we are from actual ICOs start happening on NEO network? What is their current state of development? I read the paper and went through their website but I think I missed some info on what are they doing with NEO at this very moment?

Also what do you think is the main reason for the price surge in last 2 days? I woke up yesterday and price almost doubled over night lol  Grin

The first two NEO ICOs are Red Pulse and ALIS Media. The City of Zion team is working on porting various dAPPs from the Ethereum platform onto NEO (among other matters). The NEO core developers are working on providing support for more programming languages for the NEO platform, so that it will become increasingly easy to deploy dAPPs onto NEO. I believe the NEO course on how to create smart contracts is also being translated from Chinese into English. Personally I hope the next international visit of Da Hongfei and Eric Zhang will be to South Korea and after that Singapore would seem like a good location to me. Elastos will develop an operating system on which NEO can run securely (which negates hacking, phishing and other security threats). The NEO's team primary focus at the moment is the development of its ecology and in that ecology developers play a most important role. NEO will also be listed on 2 of the 3 main exchanges in Japan (might be near the end of September), an Indian exchange just added NEO and a lot of other exchanges across the globe will want to add it now that it is a top 10 blockchain with massive volume ($523 million in the last 24 hours). The NEO team is also working on decentralising the network more, but I believe the support for more programming languages takes precedence for now. New NEO wallets are also in development including hardware wallets.

The reason for the price surge is that NEO is a first class platform and people start to realise that NEO can easily solve various issues that most other blockchains struggle with such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. It has a proper concensum mechanism, supports a broad array of programming languages, will have the ability for cross-chain integration, will become proof against quantum computing, can reach thousand transactions per second now and in optimised state even 10,000, whilst Bitcoin and Ethereum will have to compromise on security to reach a fraction of that and NEO is by far the most energy efficient blockchain. Besides that NEO will enjoy far greater support in China than any other blockchain which is quickly becoming the greatest economic powerhouse in the world which will only be further enhanced by the NEO blockchain. I found the following SAP article rather insightful on the future of blockchain technology: https://www.sap.com/trends/blockchain.html#solutions

According to SAP 10% of the value of the GDP will be stored on blockchain by 2027.

In the beginning of March 2017 Ethereum had a market cap similar to what NEO now has, so personally I would not underestimate how quickly the further deployment of the NEO blockchain can take place and as more experience has been acquired along the way, the potential could be there to do this even quicker now. From what I have seen the founders of NEO will however not compromise the quality of the blockchain for speed. They genuinely want to create the best smart economy platform the world has ever seen (although they are too humble to state it like that).

Thanks for your post Ashara, really informative. I strongly believe in neo future too.

Just read that if you're chosen to participate in RPX ICO, it's around $10,000 USD and you cannot be a USA or Singapore citizen.
InvestBuzz.com

Activity: 30

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 09:30:50 PM

So how far do you guys think we are from actual ICOs start happening on NEO network? What is their current state of development? I read the paper and went through their website but I think I missed some info on what are they doing with NEO at this very moment?

Also what do you think is the main reason for the price surge in last 2 days? I woke up yesterday and price almost doubled over night lol  Grin

The first two NEO ICOs are Red Pulse and ALIS Media. The City of Zion team is working on porting various dAPPs from the Ethereum platform onto NEO (among other matters). The NEO core developers are working on providing support for more programming languages for the NEO platform, so that it will become increasingly easy to deploy dAPPs onto NEO. I believe the NEO course on how to create smart contracts is also being translated from Chinese into English. Personally I hope the next international visit of Da Hongfei and Eric Zhang will be to South Korea and after that Singapore would seem like a good location to me. Elastos will develop an operating system on which NEO can run securely (which negates hacking, phishing and other security threats). The NEO's team primary focus at the moment is the development of its ecology and in that ecology developers play a most important role. NEO will also be listed on 2 of the 3 main exchanges in Japan (might be near the end of September), an Indian exchange just added NEO and a lot of other exchanges across the globe will want to add it now that it is a top 10 blockchain with massive volume ($523 million in the last 24 hours). The NEO team is also working on decentralising the network more, but I believe the support for more programming languages takes precedence for now. New NEO wallets are also in development including hardware wallets.

The reason for the price surge is that NEO is a first class platform and people start to realise that NEO can easily solve various issues that most other blockchains struggle with such as Bitcoin and Ethereum. It has a proper concensum mechanism, supports a broad array of programming languages, will have the ability for cross-chain integration, will become proof against quantum computing, can reach thousand transactions per second now and in optimised state even 10,000, whilst Bitcoin and Ethereum will have to compromise on security to reach a fraction of that and NEO is by far the most energy efficient blockchain. Besides that NEO will enjoy far greater support in China than any other blockchain which is quickly becoming the greatest economic powerhouse in the world which will only be further enhanced by the NEO blockchain. I found the following SAP article rather insightful on the future of blockchain technology: https://www.sap.com/trends/blockchain.html#solutions

According to SAP 10% of the value of the GDP will be stored on blockchain by 2027.

In the beginning of March 2017 Ethereum had a market cap similar to what NEO now has, so personally I would not underestimate how quickly the further deployment of the NEO blockchain can take place and as more experience has been acquired along the way, the potential could be there to do this even quicker now. From what I have seen the founders of NEO will however not compromise the quality of the blockchain for speed. They genuinely want to create the best smart economy platform the world has ever seen (although they are too humble to state it like that).

Thanks for your post Ashara, really informative. I strongly believe in neo future too.

Just read that if you're chosen to participate in RPX ICO, it's around $10,000 USD and you cannot be a USA or Singapore citizen.

This is incorrect. The $10,000 USD minimum applies only to the PRE-SALE phase. But once the token sale is open to the public, there is no such requirement. It says so right here:  https://coin.red-pulse.com/#ico ....And 1 NEO gets you 1,000 RPX.
levelten

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:01:34 PM

is it possible to claim directly in the neo web wallet?. I see the unclaimed gas balance but if i press the claim button, nothing happens. Does ist take some time ?

If I'm not mistaken, unless you have a very large amount of NEO, it will take a while for your GAS to accumulate enough to show up in your NEO Client wallet or NEON wallet. 

My GAS still is at 0 because I only have about 20 coins in there, I assume it will hit 1 when the decimals make a whole number?  Does anyone have decimals in GAS or is it only whole numbers?

I am using NEO-GUI desktop wallet, I see decimals in GAS.
Even with 20 NEOs, you should be able to see a fraction of GAS increase as block process.
ddonics

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:04:57 PM

This is incorrect. The $10,000 USD minimum applies only to the PRE-SALE phase. But once the token sale is open to the public, there is no such requirement. It says so right here:  https://coin.red-pulse.com/#ico ....And 1 NEO gets you 1,000 RPX.

Yes, you are correct. That is what I meant, but I wasn't specific as I should have been.  Only applies to the Pre-sale. 
Icon

Activity: 821
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 17, 2017, 10:58:12 PM

Correct me if i am wrong, but there is NO WAY to mine/mint any more NEO's  even staking only generates the gas needed to execute the contracts .. correct? So Neo's coin is already 100% in circulation?

Icon
bitcub

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2017, 11:01:35 PM

NEO is the highest volume coin purchased in Bittrex surpassing Bitcoin and ETH. This is a wonderful coin that may rival ETH someday.

InvestBuzz.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 12:22:47 AM

Correct me if i am wrong, but there is NO WAY to mine/mint any more NEO's  even staking only generates the gas needed to execute the contracts .. correct? So Neo's coin is already 100% in circulation?

Icon

That is correct. No way currently to mine NEOs. The scarcity will play a huge role in making this coin's price skyrocket.
Ashara

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:03:42 AM

Bittrex Exchange to reduce withdrawal fee to .025 NEO:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6uehsq/bittrex_exchange_to_reduce_withdrawl_fee_to_025/

Bittrex also seems to have given back some NEO now, so check your accounts in case Bittrex has ever taken more than they should have. I got 0.46 NEO returned.
VampiricElder

Activity: 495
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:10:39 AM

Bittrex Exchange to reduce withdrawal fee to .025 NEO:

https://www.reddit.com/r/NEO/comments/6uehsq/bittrex_exchange_to_reduce_withdrawl_fee_to_025/

Bittrex also seems to have given back some NEO now, so check your accounts in case Bittrex has ever taken more than they should have. I got 0.46 NEO returned.

Thanks for the update! I just checked and i got 1.03 Neo back Cheesy
freebutcaged

Activity: 588
Merit: 541

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 02:37:27 AM

Suddenly in first of August the official thread is posted and following weeks the price goes from sub $10 up to $45 that's a lot of appreciation you got in a

Short period of time mate. if all the things you are saying is true then NEO should be higher than Bitcoin in price but why isn't it? the idea of having something

Like Gas to be the second layer is not good. anyways someone with a few billion dollars could easily pump not just this coin but any coin and that's good if

Someone like me could buy 20,000 NEO when the price was sub $1. this official thread ruined everything for you, I just can't buy it, sudden rise is very

Suspicious, so many newly created accounts talking positive about it is very suspicious.
Ashara

Activity: 211

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:01:35 AM

Suddenly in first of August the official thread is posted and following weeks the price goes from sub $10 up to $45 that's a lot of appreciation you got in a

Short period of time mate. if all the things you are saying is true then NEO should be higher than Bitcoin in price but why isn't it? the idea of having something

Like Gas to be the second layer is not good. anyways someone with a few billion dollars could easily pump not just this coin but any coin and that's good if

Someone like me could buy 20,000 NEO when the price was sub $1. this official thread ruined everything for you, I just can't buy it, sudden rise is very

Suspicious, so many newly created accounts talking positive about it is very suspicious.

Oh, look, a jealous cryptocurrency mining dinosaur that is soon to go extinct. We will see you in the museum soon! You sure use a lot of words to say nothing.
percocet

Activity: 222
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:14:32 AM

You got us Sherlock, it's all a big scam. They were trying to get your $20,000 so they hired a bunch of newbie accounts to shill Neo but you saw past it! Good for you, now please find a real coin's thread to grace with your presence.
nomad13666
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 03:39:24 AM

lol @freebuttcaged
PowerHemp
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

Ganja <3

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:23:17 AM

you got it  Cheesy Cheesy
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 06:19:33 AM

You must be from Russia. You guys re suspicious of everything and anything is a scam. Especially those projects where you missed the train. That s the way to go. If you missed it, let s hope nobody makes anything on it cause it must be a scam.

Back to NEO. Does anyone have any more details about that NEO-Microsoft workshop?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
InvestBuzz.com

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2017, 07:20:10 AM

You must be from Russia. You guys re suspicious of everything and anything is a scam. Especially those projects where you missed the train. That s the way to go. If you missed it, let s hope nobody makes anything on it cause it must be a scam.

Back to NEO. Does anyone have any more details about that NEO-Microsoft workshop?

The only info that's been released is that it's a developers' conference between NEO and Microsoft's cloud computing platform Azure. Microsoft is working to create a certified blockchain marketplace. And conferences like these are a standard precursor before Microsoft adds it to their blockchain-as-a-service (BaaS) solution within that marketplace.
steamon

Activity: 404
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 07:24:05 AM

It's not suspicious at all if you research what this project can do. I am a long term holder and I am enjoying my gas generation. No, I am not a whale. But I bought in at like 10$. I am expecting ETH like prices end this year else in 2018.

You should not even worry about 1$ or 50$. Then you should day trade. NEO was a heavy rising crypto stock and yes it might correct a bit down. Take your chance to step in. Because I think we won't see sub 20 levels again.
TarhAsov

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 18, 2017, 04:11:29 PM

Read the article and sold all of his gas ( Undecided
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 306 »
  Print  

Jump to: