Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 11:31:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development  (Read 379837 times)
Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 02:56:40 AM

Here is an updated bootset.

For Windows users, you just have to run yQt.bat.

https://mega.nz/file/SZcVWSRK#HEP0u6GkrNBuvloZv-vijcJtCXPNgiHv1WHAzeSoxDY

Hi, Thanks....this has made a huge impact...all synced Smiley

Only 1 issue, do you know of any pools cos now its NF20 i cant imagine anyone solo mining a block, also which cpu miner do you sue cos i dont have any that do scrypt:n (cpuminer-opt doesnt do scryptN at this values)

You are welcome.

Solo mining isn't as bad as you may think. It depends on what CPU you have. If you have an i7, you should expect a block on average every few days... you can test and see.

0.4.9 has a great built-in cpu miner, thanks to oldccoder. You just set gen=1 in the yacoin.conf file.

Or you can use ThirtyBird's old cpuminer that still works at NFactor 20: https://github.com/Thirtybird/cpuminer/releases

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
minerja

Activity: 1248
Merit: 297

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 09:33:20 AM

Only 1 issue, do you know of any pools cos now its NF20 i cant imagine anyone solo mining a block, also which cpu miner do you sue cos i dont have any that do scrypt:n (cpuminer-opt doesnt do scryptN at this values)

You are welcome.

Solo mining isn't as bad as you may think. It depends on what CPU you have. If you have an i7, you should expect a block on average every few days... you can test and see.

0.4.9 has a great built-in cpu miner, thanks to oldccoder. You just set gen=1 in the yacoin.conf file.

Or you can use ThirtyBird's old cpuminer that still works at NFactor 20: https://github.com/Thirtybird/cpuminer/releases

Hi, Thanks for the miner link....

erm, 1 block every few days?
How many coins per block? How much $ per block? It costs me over £1.32 a day to mine with cpu
Beave162

View Profile
December 19, 2020, 10:38:37 AM

You are welcome.

Hi, Thanks for the miner link....

erm, 1 block every few days?
How many coins per block? How much $ per block? It costs me over £1.32 a day to mine with cpu

You should reassess those numbers.

I'd recommend just trying it out for a week or two to see how it does.

minerja

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 04:36:46 PM

Hi guys,
Is there anyone who can shed some light on how to mine this coin?

Beave162 sent me some cryptic messages, about trying it for a week, i might be surprised, and something about 20 sats a coin....

Well i have tried 3 very different PCs for 24 hours and this is what i got. All dome with "gen=1" and "genproclimit=X"

Ryzen 1700 (stock) 32GB ram, Ubuntu 10.04.7 LTS, Yacoin 4.9 (which says "For TESTING" across the top) - 2 blocks within , first within 1 hour of starting, 2nd 3 hours later, then nothing for remaining 20 hours (this was with all 16 threads) Each block was 100 coins, so 200 coins total

Rzyen 1800x (stock) 32GB ram, Windows 10, Yacoin 4.4, 8t for 12 hours then 16t for 12 hours - ZERO

Borrowed Threadripper 3990x 256GB ram , Linux MInt 18, Yacoin 4.9 , 64 threads for 24 hours - ZERO (unfortunately PC gone back now - it was a BEAST)

So guys, what am i doing wrong....or is someone being wishfull with the truth here....200 coins even @ 20 sats = 0.00004000 BTC for 24 hours x 3 machines.....well over $5 in power....the threadripper would make $4-$5 a day if i simply ran it on NH.

Would love to know how anyone is making any coin with this...

devlin

Activity: 272
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 22, 2020, 10:01:21 PM

Hi, if I remember correctly it's not possible to mine two consecutive POW or POS blocks, so after POW will follow POS and so on. Someone can confirm this? Thanks.
Beave162

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 11:21:26 PM

YACoin Resurrection Hard Fork – Heliopolis

YACoin is getting an upgrade (finally)! At block height 1,890,000, a hardfork will occur. Here is a list of main features of the upgraded chain:

-PoW ONLY – No more Proof of Stake. Proof of Work is the innovation of Bitcoin.

-2% annualized supply inflation max. Fees are destroyed, which can cause supply deflation with increased economic activity. The block reward is calculated off of the total money supply. First PoW coin to do so.

-Unique algorithm. Sticking to its roots, YAC will maintain the inventive scrypt-chacha (aka scrypt-jane). NFactor will be set at 21 to be ASIC resistance but also mineable for many CPUs and GPUs.

-Intelligent Block Size Increase. Block size will increase over time at no more than 2%--dependent on the total money supply.

-Set epoch lengths. At 21,000 blocks for each epoch, the ‘compounding bad luck’ problem faced by the mining ecosystem is addressed. The system incentivizes more decentralization, smaller miners/pools.

-Timelock and atomic swap/loans capabilities.

Upgrade includes many bug fixes (incl. txid malleability bug, UTC timestamp bug) as well as other features and more to come. [/color]

Download/compile the latest YACoin 1.0.0 repo build at the public github repo: https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/

aso118b

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 12:03:22 AM

I'm wondering how it was decided to convert YAC to POW only.  I don't recall seeing a discussion here, in GitHub, or miners voting with their hashrate.

YACoin is getting an upgrade (finally)! At block height 1,890,000, a hardfork will occur. Here is a list of main features of the upgraded chain:

-2% annualized supply inflation max. Fees are destroyed, which can cause supply deflation with increased economic activity. The block reward is calculated off of the total money supply. First PoW coin to do so.

-Unique algorithm. Sticking to its roots, YAC will maintain the inventive scrypt-chacha (aka scrypt-jane). NFactor will be set at 21 to be ASIC resistance but also mineable for many CPUs and GPUs.

-Intelligent Block Size Increase. Block size will increase over time at no more than 2%--dependent on the total money supply.

-Set epoch lengths. At 21,000 blocks for each epoch, the ‘compounding bad luck’ problem faced by the mining ecosystem is addressed. The system incentivizes more decentralization, smaller miners/pools.

Upgrade includes many bug fixes (incl. txid malleability bug, UTC timestamp bug) as well as other features and more to come. [/color]

Download/compile the latest YACoin 1.0.0 repo build at the public github repo: https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/
Beave162

View Profile
February 03, 2021, 04:56:02 AM

To clarify, the old chain will theoretically continue just as in any hard fork. A couple points:
-The ports will be the same
-'Replay' protection will not be implemented

There is a lot of risk in trying to continue a minority chain, but YACoin is (and has been for 8 years) a functioning cryptocurrency with an open consensus mechanism.

I'm wondering how it was decided to convert YAC to POW only.  I don't recall seeing a discussion here, in GitHub, or miners voting with their hashrate.

aso118b

Activity: 23

View Profile
February 17, 2021, 04:57:02 PM

The Yacoin webpage should be updated.

https://www.yacoin.org/

Not sure who owns the site - but it is still pointing to wallet version 0.4.9.   Also the faucet link is broken.
ksmx

Activity: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2021, 04:50:20 PM

Agree. I was mining yac since the beginning. This is pretty decent currency, why spoil it? v1.0 client is unstable, crashes all the time. I propose staying at the old one for a longer time. No hard fork is needed. Why?
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 02:04:04 AM

Agree. I was mining yac since the beginning. This is pretty decent currency, why spoil it? v1.0 client is unstable, crashes all the time. I propose staying at the old one for a longer time. No hard fork is needed. Why?

Rather than talk about... in the next 2 weeks, month, etc... blah blah blah... I am going to release something.  I will take a note from Elon Musk who is way better at promotion and say...

Stay Tuned! 

I will say, I'm spending 8+ hours a day working on getting something for the "old" client released ASAP. 

This is NOT to say that I disagree in any way with the current Yacoin team's approach and changes, because I don't in any way. But yes, I agree people should be able to run the old protocol for sure if they wish. 
ksmx

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 09:13:48 AM

Stay Tuned!  

I will say, I'm spending 8+ hours a day working on getting something for the "old" client released ASAP.  

This is NOT to say that I disagree in any way with the current Yacoin team's approach and changes, because I don't in any way. But yes, I agree people should be able to run the old protocol for sure if they wish.  

Thanks and plz, don't fork it with a new wallet, PoS is not bad too. We do appreciate your work. Yacoin needs more nodes, blockchain bootstraps, and stable client to be enlisted on markets again. I will try to run two nodes myself. For now 0.4.9 client is working although 'setgenerate true' makes it crash. v1.0 is unusable. Also ubuntu wallet is depreciated. If you can make binaries for various linux distros (centos 8, ubuntu 18+) that would be a nice step forward too. In other words, the yac network is barely smoking, let it be the fire. Thanks!
ksmx

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 09:37:19 AM

Can someone post yac address? I will send 1 yac in order to check if the blockchain is fine.
Beave162

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 07:14:48 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2021, 07:29:57 PM by Beave162

A lot of resources have been dedicated, spent to making 0.4.9 and 1.0.0 usable. If you see any specific problems, you can bring it up in github or even do a pull request for a change. You can also point out the specific problem in here.

If you run 1.0.0 right now, you will be running under the old YACoin rules (0.4.9, 0.4.4, and prior). At block 1,890,000, the new rules will take into effect. Make sure you are running 1.0.0 by that point. The Windows link at the website has been updated (thank you aso!). If someone wants to create a faucet, I can link to it from the website. Otherwise, it will likely be removed soon.

Again, if you try to keep the old chain alive, you are taking a big risk by transacting on it. What's interesting is that NO ONE cared about keeping the old chain going (except for me) until I announced the hard fork. Armchair quarterbacking has nothing to do with consensus (PoW-PoS or PoW).

ksmx

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:35:33 AM

Armchair quarterbacking has nothing to do with consensus (PoW-PoS or PoW).

Ok. ACK.
minerja

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 07:54:44 AM

A lot of resources have been dedicated, spent to making 0.4.9 and 1.0.0 usable. If you see any specific problems, you can bring it up in github or even do a pull request for a change. You can also point out the specific problem in here.

If you run 1.0.0 right now, you will be running under the old YACoin rules (0.4.9, 0.4.4, and prior). At block 1,890,000, the new rules will take into effect. Make sure you are running 1.0.0 by that point. The Windows link at the website has been updated (thank you aso!). If someone wants to create a faucet, I can link to it from the website. Otherwise, it will likely be removed soon.

Again, if you try to keep the old chain alive, you are taking a big risk by transacting on it. What's interesting is that NO ONE cared about keeping the old chain going (except for me) until I announced the hard fork. Armchair quarterbacking has nothing to do with consensus (PoW-PoS or PoW).

Hi Beave,

Yet again you leave me with my head in my hands....

Clean install Ubuntu 18....
Followed
sudo apt-get install build-essential libtool autotools-dev automake pkg-config libssl-dev libevent-dev bsdmainutils python3
sudo apt-get install libboost-system-dev libboost-filesystem-dev libboost-chrono-dev libboost-program-options-dev libboost-test-dev libboost-thread-dev
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bitcoin/bitcoin
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libdb4.8-dev libdb4.8++-dev
sudo apt-get install libminiupnpc-dev
sudo apt-get install libzmq3-dev
sudo apt-get install libqt4-dev libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler
sudo apt-get install libqrencode-dev

git clone https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin

cd yacoin
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

so, "autogen" errors with
libtoolize: putting auxiliary files in AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR, 'build-aux'.
libtoolize: copying file 'build-aux/ltmain.sh'
libtoolize: putting macros in AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS, 'build-aux/m4'.
libtoolize: copying file 'build-aux/m4/libtool.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'build-aux/m4/ltoptions.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'build-aux/m4/ltsugar.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'build-aux/m4/ltversion.m4'
libtoolize: copying file 'build-aux/m4/lt~obsolete.m4'
configure.ac:31: installing 'build-aux/compile'
configure.ac:25: installing 'build-aux/missing'
src/Makefile.am: installing 'build-aux/depcomp'
src/Makefile.am:103: warning: variable 'libyacoin_common_a_LDFLAGS' is defined but no program or
src/Makefile.am:103: library has 'libyacoin_common_a' as canonical name (possible typo)

and "configure" errors with
checking for CRYPTO... yes
checking for PROTOBUF... yes
checking for QR... yes
checking for RAND_egd in -lcrypto... no
configure: error: Detected LibreSSL: This is NOT supported, and may break consensus compatibility!

I have no words

someonelse2323

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2021, 10:19:29 PM

Worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04.

The message from autogen.sh is a warning, not an error. The configure script is created from autogen.

For Ubuntu 18.04 you need to install libssl1.0-dev instead of libssl-dev:

apt-get install libssl1.0-dev
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

After that the build runs.

Btw, every commits get build for Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 and Windows with github actions.
minerja

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 01:07:04 PM

Worked for me on Ubuntu 18.04.

The message from autogen.sh is a warning, not an error. The configure script is created from autogen.

For Ubuntu 18.04 you need to install libssl1.0-dev instead of libssl-dev:

apt-get install libssl1.0-dev
./autogen.sh
./configure
make

After that the build runs.

Btw, every commits get build for Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04 and Windows with github actions.

Still fails

ubu18@ubu18-System-Product-Name:~/Downloads/yacoin 1.0.0$ make -j 8
Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/ubu18/Downloads/yacoin 1.0.0/src'
make  all-recursive
make[2]: Entering directory '/home/ubu18/Downloads/yacoin 1.0.0/src'
make[3]: Entering directory '/home/ubu18/Downloads/yacoin 1.0.0/src'
  CXX      yacoind-init.o
  CXX      libyacoin_common_a-txdb-leveldb.o
  CXX      libyacoin_common_a-alert.o
  CXX      libyacoin_common_a-version.o
  CXX      libyacoin_common_a-checkpoints.o
  CXX      libyacoin_common_a-netbase.o
  CXX      libyacoin_common_a-addrman.o
  CXX      libyacoin_common_a-crypter.o
version.cpp:47:14: fatal error: build.h: No such file or directory
 #    include "build.h"
              ^~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.
someonelse2323

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 27, 2021, 11:38:55 PM

You used the parallel build option -j 8 with make and the build.h did not get generated before the version.cpp was compiled because that dependency was missing in the Makefile. That was a defect.

I just fixed the Makefile. You need to pull, do ./autogen.sh and ./configure and then make -j 8
alittle

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2021, 02:02:23 PM

Hi, could any provide a valid seednode address or point me to how to sync the wallet?
Just download the latest wallet and it doesn't  have any connection to network. Is it alive?
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 »
  Print  

Jump to: