Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:11:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Forced "On Hold For Refund" for all my Single SC orders  (Read 59145 times)
Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:14:42 PM

Your argument is rendered invalid, 'tard.

It's telling that you are resorting to name-calling now. You know who else resorts to name-calling when they are backed into a corner and their frustrations are running high ?
minternj

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:14:56 PM

WTF

Sock puppets or stockholm syndrome?

people do not cancel because all 2 weeks:
Sorry for the delay. xxx is to blame. But this time: shipping in 14 days.

They missed targets? lol
What do you think  BFL had in November? When they campaigned with "we ship in 14 days".

I would pull my money out as fast as possible.
Do not believe this PR shit anymore. I think cashflow problems -->now they need new money

You missed the point of my post if that is what you are referencing.

Warning about Nitrogensports.eu
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=709114.0
wrenchmonkey

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:15:32 PM

That's because your posts ARE dumb, dude. You're an imbecile, in every sense of the word. You're intentionally obtuse. NOTHING will show you the error of your ways. You can't see the distinction between 'being frustrated' and 'being a troll'. Go figure that Josh also thinks you're an idiot. You ARE.

Josh ? Is that you talking about yourself in third person again ?

Wrenchmonkey was even posting in BFL threads in the newbies forum.

You mean the one where I cautioned people not to place any new orders until there was actual independent proof of an ASIC product in the wild? The one where I stated that BFL ASICs were "vaporware" until that happened?  Roll Eyes

Name:   wrenchmonkey
Position:   Sr. Member
Date Registered:   April 16, 2013, 01:09:04 AM
36 out of last 40 posts are defending BFL.

Here is you in the newbie forum talking about your order with BFL.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=114329.msg1932676#msg1932676

Now, now, it looks like you're intentionally ignoring THIS:

BFL is vaporware until it actually ships. No way in hell I'd send payment in bitcoins for an ebay transaction for a product that doesn't even exist yet.

I was pretty sure that ebay banned selling products you don't actually have. I'd report the sellers, and then run like hell from that scam.

The day I see confirmed customers receiving their Butterfly products is the day I order one. Not a moment before. Does that mean I'll be behind the curve? Maybe, but then again, I also won't be giving out interest free loans on thousands of dollars...

That was a post in a thread about buying BFL pre-orders off of Ebay, not ordering from BFL in general.
And yes, you did mention that BFL was vaporware until it shipped. Then 3 posts later you bought one.

Yup, because I say things I actually BELIEVE.

The day I see confirmed customers receiving their Butterfly products is the day I order one.

I put my money where my mouth is. The day I saw confirmed customers receive Butterfly products was the day I ordered.

Neeeeeext!

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

Buy and sell mining shares (Bitfury). https://cex.io/r/1/wrenchmonkey/0/
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:16:50 PM

It's telling that you are resorting to name-calling now. You know who else resorts to name-calling when they are backed into a corner and their frustrations are running high ?

Um, let me guess. Is his screenname Xian01?  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Block Erupter Overclocking 447 M/Hash, .006 (discounts if done in quantity) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=300206.msg3218480#msg3218480

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:18:49 PM

The day I see confirmed customers receiving their Butterfly products is the day I order one.

I put my money where my mouth is. The day I saw confirmed customers receive Butterfly products was the day I ordered.

Neeeeeext!

Glad you finally agree with me that you have been promoting BFL since the Newbies forum.
You just got here last month.
You call people trolls, douches, and retards.

Nice try, but you can't erase your post history.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
ThatDGuy

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:19:51 PM

That's because your posts ARE dumb, dude. You're an imbecile, in every sense of the word. You're intentionally obtuse. NOTHING will show you the error of your ways. You can't see the distinction between 'being frustrated' and 'being a troll'. Go figure that Josh also thinks you're an idiot. You ARE.

You mean the one where I cautioned people not to place any new orders until there was actual independent proof of an ASIC product in the wild? The one where I stated that BFL ASICs were "vaporware" until that happened?  Roll Eyes

BFL is vaporware until it actually ships. No way in hell I'd send payment in bitcoins for an ebay transaction for a product that doesn't even exist yet.

I was pretty sure that ebay banned selling products you don't actually have. I'd report the sellers, and then run like hell from that scam.

The day I see confirmed customers receiving their Butterfly products is the day I order one. Not a moment before. Does that mean I'll be behind the curve? Maybe, but then again, I also won't be giving out interest free loans on thousands of dollars...

That was a post in a thread about buying BFL pre-orders off of Ebay, not ordering from BFL in general.
And yes, you did mention that BFL was vaporware until it shipped. Then 3 posts later you bought one.

@ThatDGuy: you should read the thread he posted that in, and then read his next 3 posts and the threads he posted them in. If only you had taken more than 1 minute...

I took another minute.  8 days of difference between the posts between the posts, and one day before he decided to order it appears he is still not convinced.

the jalapenos are rolling out

Do you have evidence to support that claim?  Huh

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

Neeeeeext!

Glad you finally agree with me that you have been promoting BFL since the Newbies forum.

Ummm, no. All I did was do what I said I would do, and place an order when I said I would. Not before. And not after. Your reading comprehension is REALLLY bad...

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2013, 05:22:51 PM

$4,698.00 credited to my Paypal account, and moved out to my bank.

What an absolutely incredible ride. Bravo Butterfly Labs.

You know who I really feel bad for ? It's Jody Sad She's on the front line of all this, just doing as she's told.

Now... it's time to buy some popcorn with that refund money.

Don't feel bad for Jody. She's a 63-year-old lady (fact!) who's been around the block a few times and knows exactly what her position is there at Camp BFL. She was not a hire right off the street, for she's know the Vleisides' for many a years. Remember, she lives with John and cleans the chicken coop together.
wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:23:42 PM

@ThatDGuy: you should read the thread he posted that in, and then read his next 3 posts and the threads he posted them in. If only you had taken more than 1 minute...

I took another minute.  8 days of difference between the posts between the posts, and one day before he decided to order it appears he is still not convinced.

the jalapenos are rolling out

Do you have evidence to support that claim?  Huh

Careful, ThatDguy, if you look through my post history without the 'benefit' of confirmation bias, you might actually come away with an objective overview of my posting history. Objectivity is highly frowned upon by the majority of posters in this thread. You my find yourself accused of being a BFL shill account, if you don't fall in line with the hoard.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:25:24 PM

Neeeeeext!

Ummm, no. All I did was do what I said I would do, and place an order when I said I would. Not before. And not after. Your reading comprehension is REALLLY bad...

I am glad that you finally agree with me that you have been promoting BFL since the newbies forum.

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:25:58 PM

Neeeeeext!

I am glad that you finally agree with me that you have been promoting BFL since the newbies forum.

Your reading comprehension is REALLLY bad.

Xian01 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:27:37 PM

Objectivity is highly frowned upon by the majority of posters in this thread.

Dude... There's that glass house again, keep getting chipped away. Clearly you are being objective, right ?
Henchman24

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:29:25 PM

Neeeeeext!

Your reading comprehension is REALLLY bad.

His comprehension is fine.  He's just an asshole trying to provoke you.

You're just wasting your time here now.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:30:28 PM

You are not contradicting my statement that "Wrenchmonkey was even posting in BFL threads in the newbies forum."
Nor are you contradicting my statement that "36 out of last 40 posts are defending BFL."
Finally, you are not contradicting my statement that his account was registered April 16th.

Perhaps you could be more specific about your criticism of my post? It sounds like you are disagreeing with me, but I am not sure how.

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:31:10 PM

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:36:38 PM

His comprehension is fine.  He's just an asshole trying to provoke you.

You're just wasting your time here now.

I don't need to provoke him, he reached Amy's Baking Service level rage some time ago.

In case you missed out on the rest of the discussion:
wrenchmonkey showed up on the forums a month ago.
He bought BFL product.
He has been defending BFL like Josh is his lover.

Maybe he will get bumped to the top of the ship queue? Who knows. I do know that he thinks its ok to abuse customers.

ThatDGuy

Activity: 728

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:38:58 PM

You are not contradicting my statement that "Wrenchmonkey was even posting in BFL threads in the newbies forum."
Nor are you contradicting my statement that "36 out of last 40 posts are defending BFL."
Finally, you are not contradicting my statement that his account was registered April 16th.

Perhaps you could be more specific about your criticism of my post? It sounds like you are disagreeing with me, but I am not sure how.

Yes, it appears Wrenchmonkey's perspective on BFL changed in a matter of a few posts, but I am pointing out that 8-9 days lapsed before that happened.  These were (subjectively) significant days in ASIC development.

I'm only bringing up other relevant parts of Wrenchmonkey's post history in an attempt for further transparency, since when you first brought it up, it was his post when he said he was ordering.  Not the one from 9 days before when he was skeptical.
k9quaint
Legendary

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:49:03 PM

Yes, it appears Wrenchmonkey's perspective on BFL changed in a matter of a few posts, but I am pointing out that 8-9 days lapsed before that happened.  These were (subjectively) significant days in ASIC development.
True. But my point was mostly that wrenchmonkey got here a month ago, and declared his purchase of BFL product while still in the newbie forum. He routinely calls people who criticize BFL "trolls", "douches" and "retards". Wrenchmonkey is not a voice of reason about BFL. He is a combination of confirmation bias run wild and a sociopath's take on treatment of customers.

I'm only bringing up other relevant parts of Wrenchmonkey's post history in an attempt for further transparency, since when you first brought it up, it was his post when he said he was ordering.  Not the one from 9 days before when he was skeptical.

Right. He was skeptical of BFL (for 1 post) until BFL shipped a couple of dozen Jalapeno's to media and developers. Then he bought their product. All while still in the newbie forum.

wrenchmonkey

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:58:28 PM

Posting in BFL threads. Sure. Defending BFL? Not by a long shot. You're seeking to obfuscate the issue.

You also ignore that all of those posts were in THIS thread. Nor were they all "defending BFL" but rather pointing out that the OP was trolling BFL and THAT is why he was blacklisted.

Again, how is the registration date of my account relevant? Your statements weren't being addressed, because they bear no relevance, or any apparent cogent point. The whole thing is just a giant appeal to motive fallacy, and generally a waste of intelligent people's time.

I don't need to provoke him, he reached Amy's Baking Service level rage some time ago.

No rage here. Just pointing out the facts. The OP's persecution complex is entertaining, but again, he poked the bear, repeatedly, and should have expected what he got."

In case you missed out on the rest of the discussion:
wrenchmonkey showed up on the forums a month ago.
He bought BFL product.
He has been defending BFL like Josh is his lover.

Maybe he will get bumped to the top of the ship queue? Who knows. I do know that he thinks its ok to abuse customers.

I joined the forums a month ago, because I finally decided it was worth the effort of joining and posting in the n00b cage for a few hours, in order to be able to post in other parts of the forum that were of interest. I'd been holding out on ordering BFL for months, there happened to be a discussion on the first page of the only forum area I could post in (and was in fact REQUIRED to make posts in). I stated my opinion in one of those threads, both to help the OP, to express my opinion, and to meet the end goal of getting the fuck out of the n00b cage.

True to my word, I bought a BFL product as soon as I saw proof of a working product in the wild.

I have been calling out trolls ever since. I'm not defending behaviors on BFL, I don't comment on the policies or decisions of BFL, because I don't have any actual personal knowledge of what's going on behind closed doors in their corporate meetings. But I can spot a troll, and I do enjoy bitchslapping trolls with a little bit of truth from time-to-time. The subject matter doesn't really make much difference to me. It's just that the majority of trolling that happens on this forum is aimed at BFL. Hence, those are the trolls who get bitchslapped.

Haters gonna hate.  Grin

Waramp22

Activity: 321

View Profile
May 17, 2013, 05:58:57 PM

Most companies don't like to do business with customers who are a pain in the ass. Contractors weed out bad customers all the time by providing high estimates to customers who seem like they will be a real pain the ass.

Most companies that extend their initial delivery date by 800% on a $2000 order aren't in business anymore. Its a nice system they got going on. Post some updates on their bfl forums, give absolutely no timeframes or concrete evidence to show that production is nearing. Apparently processing now means they are still revamping the prototype.

What's the rush when mining with asics is this proffitable? Just throw some water on the fire over on the bitcoitalk forums to get them to shut up for another couple weeks. If their are any bad ones, just give them refunds so they will stop giving us a bad reputation. This way we can keep the preorders rolling in.

I'm so glad I wasn't around here during the initial preorder time. I'd be furious with bfl. I bet when the difficulty jumps to 100,000,000 those asics are going to fly out the doors of bfl.

Scammed by Black Arrow? See the consumer complaint thread here -
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=681965.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: