Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 10:20:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
daxiake

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 08:42:01 PM

Bitcoin started its journey as an digital currency but now looking at its growth people have started to treat it as an asset and as an form of investment who are not willing to spend it and want to keep it for future to gain maximum benefits from it by selling ti at a right time.
syarifudin

Activity: 397
Merit: 252

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:05:41 PM

Today bitcoin seems no longer as digital currency that serves as payment transaction tool, but bitcoin turns into highly valuable and highly valuable asset in an effort to earn an income and profit from bitcoin.
Granxis

Activity: 1400
Merit: 536

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:19:10 PM

I think it is now a digital money, no doubt. It is no longer meaningless to look for a physical currency anymore, just the numbers normally seen in our bank account.

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
ahmadakbari

Activity: 602
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:37:44 PM

For me bitcoin is an asset which I can earn by investing in that. Bitcoin is not a currency, beacuse the price is not constant. But I think in future, Bitcoin will be a currency which all people will use that.
machinayz

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2017, 09:39:00 PM

I think the intention of Bitcoin was to be used as a currency. Sure, as of now, the transactions aren´t fast enough to be used on a daily basis and the price fluctuations (mostly upward lately) make it more of a store of value - an asset to be stored and exchanged on a later date. It has however proven to be very useful for people who have had no access to bank accounts and in Venezuela it has been used for quite a few people due to the venezuelan bolivar losing almost all of its value. Bitcoin is in that respect a much safer bet and since it can be used by anyone, anywhere, with access to internet, it is highly useful in that regard.

So in one way it is an asset and for others it is a currency.

Wanchain connects and exchanges value between different blockchain ledgers in a distributed manner. Visit https://wanchain.org/
fredrickodo

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:42:25 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and as wee as a n asset. Bitcoin ia a currency because its used in every day of our transactions while an asset because itis invested as a long terms investement .
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 09:45:23 PM

Bitcoin is both currency and asset at the same time.
You can buy and save bitcoin as an asset. Wait till when the value rises and then sell for profit like gold.
Bitcoin at the other hand is a currency that you can use to buy or sell things online.
So, it depends on what you think of bitcoin whether is an asset or currency.
For me, personally I consider bitcoin as an asset and currency as well.
illyiller

Activity: 697
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 10:54:26 PM

Right now I still view Bitcoin as an asset, especially as there are so many bag holders.

"Bag holders?" Doesn't that imply that people are holding losing positions? That seems doubtful, since we are 8 years out from inception and we just hit new all-time-high prices a few days ago. There could some folks who bought the top a few hundred bucks above here, but overall, pretty much everyone involved with BTC is sitting in profit right now.

Maybe you meant hoarders? I don't see that changing any time soon. Even as BTC becomes more mainstream, I think it will become increasingly apparent that its primary use is store of value, not payment rail.
Boys27

Activity: 329
Merit: 100

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:06:15 PM

To me, bitcoin is an asset and a currency at the same time, because I invest in bitcoin and sometimes use bitcoin to buy something at an online store. In the opinion of others it may also be different about bitcoin

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                         
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:08:27 PM

Bitcoin is a currency and as wee as a n asset. Bitcoin ia a currency because its used in every day of our transactions while an asset because itis invested as a long terms investement .
Bitcoin isn't something you can put in a certain category. It all depends on how people individually look at Bitcoin, and how they use it. Bitcoin can be anything you want it to be ~ the name or category isn't important.

At this point it's safe to say that the majority of the people look at Bitcoin mainly as an investment opportunity, but aside from that, people are using Bitcoin as a currency and store of value as well.

Bitcoin is a multifunctional tool that allows itself to be used in whatever way, build whatever people want on top of it, and the list goes on. Best thing is that Bitcoin offers people decentralization, and that's what's really important.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
cyclotronmajesty

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:09:54 PM

To me, bitcoin is an asset and a currency at the same time, because I invest in bitcoin and sometimes use bitcoin to buy something at an online store. In the opinion of others it may also be different about bitcoin

Yes if you are spending it regularly then its an currency for you but if you are earning or investing in it and prefer to hold it for a long term then its an investment for you and majority of people now will prefer to hold it without spending it as they want to get best returns in future.

███  ███
    ███      ███
  ███          ███
███              ███

███              ███
  ███          ███
    ███      ███
      ███  ███

LANCECHAIN

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

║▮
║▮
║▮

▮║
▮║
▮║

▄▄████
                ▄▄▄████████▌
          ▄▄▄███████▀▄█████
     ▄▄█████████▀▀ ▄██████▌
▄▄███████████▀  ▄█████████
 ▀▀▀█████▀    ▄██████████▌
       ██   █████████████
        █▄ █████████████▌
        ▐█▄███▀▀████████
         ███▀    ▀▀████▌
                    ▀▀█

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▄█████████
 █████▀▀▀▀▀▀
▐████
▐████
████████████
████████████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
▐████
Paid Piper

Activity: 329
Merit: 254

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:43:25 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 01:15:53 AM by Paid Piper

i think no doubt that bitcoi is a currency, because bitcoin is invested on the name of currency but as it is not so common to be use as currency everywhere thefore peole are using iit as investment and for trading purpose, hope that in future will be able to use bitcoin as for currency purposes everywhere.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:44:39 PM

Originally, Bitcoin is intended to be a digital currency which is based on Satoshi's Bitcoin Whitepaper. Bitcoin possesses some characteristics of a money or currency such as a store of value, a mode of payment, etc. However, due to its decentralization, the value becomes very volatile. The price is dependent on the demand and supply in the market so no one can control this. In the aspect of currency, being too volatile is not suitable as an effective and efficient currency. As a result, BTC is behaving more like an asset than a currency.

Yeah I agree too. For me bitcoin is both a currency and an asset. As a currency you can used it to buy anything online as long as the vendor accepts it. As an asset you can buy bitcoin and hold and let it appreciates in value in time.
BunnyShibe

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 20, 2017, 11:58:40 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2017, 01:37:53 AM by BunnyShibe

Originally, Bitcoin is intended to be a digital currency which is based on Satoshi's Bitcoin Whitepaper. Bitcoin possesses some characteristics of a money or currency such as a store of value, a mode of payment, etc. However, due to its decentralization, the value becomes very volatile. The price is dependent on the demand and supply in the market so no one can control this. In the aspect of currency, being too volatile is not suitable as an effective and efficient currency. As a result, BTC is behaving more like an asset than a currency.

Yeah I agree too. For me bitcoin is both a currency and an asset. As a currency you can used it to buy anything online as long as the vendor accepts it. As an asset you can buy bitcoin and hold and let it appreciates in value in time.
to me i think bitcoin is a currency and we are using it as assets. in we have very limited facilities to use bitcoin as currency, but still we can expect that in future we will have all the facilities to use bitcoin as currency when people will get awareness about bitcoin and when even the shopkeeper will start taking interest in bitoin.
zxl912157

Activity: 588

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 12:19:47 AM

Bitcoin is money, and money can be made whatever you want. If you see a good chance to make it an asset, then that is the best move. If you want to sell it now then invest in another business it can also be justified.
Glorypaasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:15:55 AM

Yeah . ofcourse bitcoin  is currency because bitcoin give us a money . money can buy everythin that they want . and i think bitcoin is also a asset because many people earn and save their bitcoin for their future money because bitcoin is volatile .they are waiting for high price of bitcoin.
Makka

Activity: 594
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:28:28 AM

Bitcoin is money, and money can be made whatever you want. If you see a good chance to make it an asset, then that is the best move. If you want to sell it now then invest in another business it can also be justified.

Yes, Bitcoin is not just money alone. Neither is bitcoin just an asset alone also. It is both. It can be used to buy. At the same time, it can also be used to invest or considered investment itself. So, generally, Bitcoin is a currency and an asset.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:39:39 AM

Yeah . ofcourse bitcoin  is currency because bitcoin give us a money . money can buy everythin that they want . and i think bitcoin is also a asset because many people earn and save their bitcoin for their future money because bitcoin is volatile .they are waiting for high price of bitcoin.
A lot of us doubt if it is currency or assets. Yes bitcoin is one kind of currency but it differ from local or paper money because it can used through online transactions only. But for those who are holding and investing it will become their assets also. For me assets is something that have a great value and bitcoin have it that's why a lot of people holding it for having a big profit in the future.
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2982
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
August 21, 2017, 01:44:39 AM

Asset or currency? First what is crypto CURRENCY, bitcoin is so let's have the fact that bitcoin is a currency. We have a check with it right now. And how bitcoin can be an asset, just like gold, jewelries, land properties, bitcoin can be an asset because it has a value that you are protecting.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
zulkarnaen

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2017, 02:51:17 AM

But so far, it seems that function of bitcoin as currency is no longer priority even tends to be very valuable asset, of course this happens because the value is very high today so that bitcoin slowly changed its function as currency.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: