Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:56:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
fredo123

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:32:09 AM

They are both useful as a means of currency and asset, Btc will be an asset because long term holding of btc could possibly earn much profit, Everyday btc fluctuates due to its supply and demand in the market the higher the demand the higher the profit, As a currency, mostly in digital world, btc is widely used to exchange/convert stuffs or goods.
tmaleha

Activity: 51
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:33:52 AM

It is depend upon the person Bitcoin is currency or asset. In my view if you keep bitcoin for your future it will be asset for you as we are seeing the rate of bitcoin is having proven track record.

If we are using bitcoin to run our family and for other financial requirement bitcoin role will be as currency.
bitcoinmasterlord
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 04:47:37 AM

It is depend upon the person Bitcoin is currency or asset. In my view if you keep bitcoin for your future it will be asset for you as we are seeing the rate of bitcoin is having proven track record.

If we are using bitcoin to run our family and for other financial requirement bitcoin role will be as currency.
Yes it is one type of digital gold. how we can invest in digital gold like the bitcoin is also one type of asset for our future use. for me, it is an asset only how we can sell gold when we need money like that we will send bitcoins when i need money.
crustez00

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:00:40 AM

In my opinion about bitcoin itself for rightnow is an asset. because in my country, still lack of development about payment for bitcoin currency. when that happend, i still can't tell that bitcoin is currency, but for another country maybe it's already far development on payment tool for bitcoin  Smiley hope it'll become currency that all people accepted it  Smiley

Ishika0207

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:10:57 AM

Talking about today scenario, bitcoin is a asset according to me.  Because bitcoin are showing a rapid increase in the prices. In every second, there is a increase in the prices of bitcoins.
Bitcoin started from 2009 with a very small amount but now it reach to such a high price.  Its nonetheless a assets.
But there are possibilities that in future, bitcoin will be used as a great currency.  We can not deny from the advantages bitcoin comes with. 
So there is sure chances of price raising and growth in  bitcoins.
Many big names and forums are join and investing in bitcoins.
Infact many people exchanging money in  other currencies in exchange of bitcoins.
Nobody can predict the future, but we can predict present and bitcoin is a good investment and have potentially capable.
Malaya

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:18:35 AM

Is Bitcoin a currency or asset could be contextual. However, bitcoin provides the two. This can be an asset because this has a value that can be invested, sell or use for trading. It is also true that is a currency that being used to transfer money as this is one of the original of it’s use. It is in the way how people use it though and how does somebody else’s perspective on the matter. Bitcoin is an asset used in buying anything you can buy on the amount you have.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Adioliver

Activity: 266
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:19:31 AM

Yes bitcoin has become the talk of the town nowadays it's getting name and fame little by little and it's price is getting higher as more and more people are starting to use it.
In my point of view, bitcoin would be more better as an asset in form of investment because the prices of bitcoins have been rising and will rise more.So if we start spending it now we may have to regret in the future.
But if one can't manage and needs urgent money then he/she should spend bitcoins.
It totally dedpends on one's personal needs.
Kuchiyose

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:27:23 AM

Yes bitcoin has become the talk of the town nowadays it's getting name and fame little by little and it's price is getting higher as more and more people are starting to use it.
In my point of view, bitcoin would be more better as an asset in form of investment because the prices of bitcoins have been rising and will rise more.So if we start spending it now we may have to regret in the future.
But if one can't manage and needs urgent money then he/she should spend bitcoins.

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that has a high price for now and bitcoin is great if made in the asset for the long term but should not make all our bitcoin an asset because we can't ensure the price will increase each year.
djgtr

Activity: 951
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:36:58 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that has a high price for now and bitcoin is great if made in the asset for the long term but should not make all our bitcoin an asset because we can't ensure the price will increase each year.
well i think bitcoin is both currency and asset.it is really a currency because it maybe has a value as a digital coin and it is also an asset because it can help us gain and have a motivation to believe that there will be hope and it is really all because of botcoin and it really work.we see that we gain feom it it is really a great asset on having more income.
Haynes

Activity: 518
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 05:49:54 AM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
in my opinion, bitcoin can be used as currency or asset, for the moment and the future.
it is seen from the usefulness of bitcoin which is currently used as a method of payment in various companies.
but bitcoin can also be an asset for the future because I think the price of bitcoin in the future will be much higher than at the moment.
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:15:30 AM

I think bitcoin an asset that we have to take care of, in future definitely bitcoin would be very useful and can help in case of economy.
bitcoin and local currency will definitely be connected to each other although both are different, because bitcoin no one is manage.
alexsamudra

Activity: 212

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:23:57 AM

bitcoin as a digital currency and have a very large asset and can be used to invest and trade.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:28:21 AM

Bitcoin is both. It is a currency because it is intended to be one. It can be used as a currency, although much different from fiat because it is an online currency or money. It is an asset at the same time because if you keep it for a while, it grows in value. Unlike money that depreciates over time, Bitcoin appreciates.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
alexjhons

Activity: 69

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:29:17 AM

Both! As a Future Investments Bitcoin is a Currency and assets as a Future Investments. You can Hold this Currency within few years and Get Results.

Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 06:32:17 AM

Actually, I want it as a currency so people will use it. Many people treat it as an asset because it is becoming very valuable nowadays and very expensive to own. So I think it could work both ways.
subitlist

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 08:21:03 AM

For me, Bitcoin is not yet a currency because it is not yet legally accepted worldwide but it is certainly an asset. It has value that's either appreciate or depreciate depending on the market. I think in the near future, Bitcoin can considered a currency once legalized.
I think so..it is not a currencies...yet.atleast
But it really could be a big asset..especially for a couple years to go.
Karimeen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:17:35 AM

Bitcoin is a digital money with decentralized payment network
It is free from government or monetary authority.Bitcoin are mainly used as a speculative investment and not as an alternative currency and medium of exchange.Bitcoin is small to the size of other assets but more volatile and high returns from the market. It is difficult to forecast the future value and usage of Bitcoins.Due to the diflationary effects bitcoin will be used as an investment than a medium of exchange.When people are investing bitcoin as an asset meantime since its begining stage it takes time to use as a currency.
btcbringer

Activity: 252
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 09:21:29 AM

Actually, I want it as a currency so people will use it. Many people treat it as an asset because it is becoming very valuable nowadays and very expensive to own. So I think it could work both ways.
to be currency maybe a hard way for bitcoin to go, powerful government will not allow any coins to replace the fiat, for this is a challenge to the central bank and the exited finacial order, and it may cause chaos to the society
leisha

Activity: 105

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:04:29 AM

For me it's an asset, you invest your money using bitcoin because of its high price, or is it the other way around? You invest your bitcoin to earn more money? You still buy bitcoin to invest it, then you'll sell it, making it more obviously an asset. But there are some circumstances that bitcoin become a medium of exchanging money or product, bitcoin is used as payment or transactions. Since bitcoin is unstable and can change amount in any minute people find it  difficult to transact. So it's commonly used as an investment.

[ N O M I N E X ]     EXCHANGE     ◥      telegram     ► facebook     ► twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)        in        T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
Chanock

Activity: 476
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 17, 2017, 11:24:17 AM

As of now bitcoin is still in the dual nature maybe it is an asset or currency. However, bitcoin's dual nature is may be responsible for it's volatility. Many believe that bitcoin is a currency because as if now bitcoin has a potential as global currency in virtual or digital transaction. Now many companies or ICO's allow bitcoin to be used a much more user-friendly way. But many are called bitcoin is an investment it because can be stored securely and cheaply. Moreover, cold wallets are the best way to store your Bitcoin safely. Bitcoin is also easily exchanged in various exchanges like the Coinbase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: