Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 10:11:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
codpku

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:23:29 AM

Yak bitcoin absolutely was currency, but if you have lot lot bitcoin you can call it an assets
Assets that you can sell it if you have to need cash immedietly

JesusCryptos

Activity: 714
Merit: 117

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:26:04 AM

I'm sorry for those who dream about Bitcoin being a currency, but it really is just only an asset now, which is used as a store of value and for sheer speculative purposes. Even only for the very high fees, it cannot be used as a currency right now.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .  
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
Tonestra

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:32:11 AM

For me, bitcoin performs both functions, as a means of payment and also as an asset class. Diversification of my portfolio with other assets also helps.
mejalipat

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 11:35:58 AM

I think bitcoin can be both, can be a currency and also an asset because bitcoin is our valuable asset for the future and can also be used as a currency to make payments, of course for those who receive bitcoin as payment or we can exchange it into an official currency
Cryptalking

Activity: 120

Riding Whales to the Moon!

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:53:21 AM

good question. I think its actually both. an asset is something you invest in which makes you more money overtime like an investment, building etc. i think an investment in currency is also an asset which makes you money overtime. so maybe not a direct asset because no one pays you for it BUT it will make you money over time so an indirect asset? lets the forum be the judge hehe

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord   ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 12:06:25 PM

Bitcoin is both used as a currency as well as an asset which increases in value as time passes by due to increased number of bitcoin user's. As the price of bitcoins increases it attracts more and more user's to the bitcoin network which helps in increasing the demand of the bitcoin network and naturally leads to   increase in the value of bitcoins. Bitcoin network is a decentralized network so there is no need for third party involvement in sending and receiving bitcoins all over the world.
For me they both currency and asset. Currency because it can use it to buy something stuff when you exchange it in fiat money. And asset because you can have profit from it through investing in your bitcoin.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
mayidid

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:13:29 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2018, 11:42:49 PM by mayidid

The answers to this question is bitcoins can be asset and currency, actually depending on the users of bitcoins what will be done with bitcoins, although the main purpose of bitcoins is currency doesn't mean it is must. Because Bitcoin is based on the community they are free to consider bitcoins as an asset or currency, that is uniqueness of bitcoins everyone can be free to participate giving their opinions about the bitcoins.
Pancheng

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:18:10 PM

in our country it was temporary proclaim that bitcoin is intangeable asset and they are looking and investigating some way to protect the the investor's ownership over it.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
ajcute018

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:21:57 PM

For me, it is a currency that can be an asset, because you can use it until you think it's time to dispose it, until it is on it's highest peak.
kuncimobil

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:23:56 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin can be a currency because you can buy something with bitcoin and can also be an asset because bitcoin is an asset for the future at a price that will always rise and profitable.
owolabiayodele

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:26:12 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

Its both
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:32:07 PM

Though in the future it can become a mainstream currency, at present due to the market price of bitcoin being volatile, it is a speculative asset. Also, having a blockchain of 10 minutes its transaction speed is very slow. Along with this, the transaction fees of bitcoin is very high. As long as these issues are not sought out and bitcoin gains some stability in the coming years, it will only be a good option as an investment but not as a currency.
cherryscarlett

Activity: 238

Power the World for FREE

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:39:23 PM

I personally feel that bitcoin can only be an asset, not a currency, because the currency won't be so volatile.

Sallysakky

Activity: 119
Merit: 14

Kawa

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:44:23 PM

If you buy flat, house,car or something expensive BTC is a perfect currency, but for the simple daily purchases the commissions leave much to be desired.
Now it's more an investment asset than currency.
But I think soon situation will change, there are many promising projects for faster,cheaper and easier transactions.

Tongue
Fasdartin

Activity: 618
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:44:33 PM

In my opinion, bitcoin can be a currency because you can buy something with bitcoin and can also be an asset because bitcoin is an asset for the future at a price that will always rise and profitable.
Currency means can buy in store and convenient to use but bitcoin it cannot use maybe if you exchange it in fiat. While asset means something that is owned by a person. So for me it is both currency and asset but in different ways of using bitcoin.
LovelyFLOWER

Activity: 181

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:46:24 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

Bitcoin is already consider as a currency because of the reason that many of the contries using  bitcoi as thier life supportand or just simple called as the money that used to buy food and anything they want for. Many country recognized the value of bitcoin and it can also used in physical needed and wants. Bitcoin can also be an asset when you are able to grow that money from money to form more money. That what the reason that it was consider to be an asset but its just an optional.
randal9

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:15:29 PM

at the moment I can only use it as an asset...when the fees for transactions will settled, then I can say that bitcoin can be a currency for me
Mjeramirez

Activity: 132
Merit: 11

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:25:21 PM

I believe that bitcoin is designed to be a currency as an alternative to paper money, in order for our currency system to be adaptable to the social change brought by the internet. A decentralize money which ensue no one can manipulate or control. But right now, as the value of bitcoin began to increase, people make it an asset where people can invest just like gold. So I think bitcoin has adapted as well to be both asset and a currency.

Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:30:14 PM

I honestly think that bitcoin is more of a asset and a little bit of a currency. It is still a currency for the very reason that you can use it for payments and forms of transactions. Now, it is more of an asset because you can actually invest on it and do a lot of things in it such as earn money through investment or get involve in trading.
ongels

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 01:31:30 PM

For me, bitcoins can be used as a currency and also as an assets, There are many instances that bitcoins are very versatile when it comes to usage, remember its advantages stated in the threads, There's no need to elaborate further:)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: