Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:58:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Bitcoin a currency or asset?  (Read 12729 times)
claydeey

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 06:13:51 AM

Technically speaking Bitcoin could not be considered as asset because of its price volatility or its price is not constant. But we can maximize BTC to acquire an asset.

GIVING VALUE TO YOUR ONLINE VIDEOS                      DEVELOPED & TESTED PLATFORM ✔                 
( ( (   BUZZSHOW   ) ) )
                               whitepaper    facebook    twitter    youtube    telegram    |       JOIN TOKEN SALE     12th Feb 2018

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:35:13 PM

I think bitcoin is primarily currency latter then it also as an asset, as the word says cryptocurrency it is currency, by which we can make an investment and can trade by using that can accumulate coins, once we accumulate that becomes an asset.

Bitcoin turned into a currency when it becomes very expensive and when the value increased the popularity is also increasing as the time goes by, there are a lot of people today who are investing in bitcoins in order to earn profit in the future or use it to buy products online so it was a currency.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM
ichi ocha

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:02:33 AM

both of these do not differ greatly. for future later might be able to be used as currency throughout the country but for the moment it's still a lot of denials. This time can be said to be an asset to invest for the future.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:50:40 AM

I think bitcoin is primarily currency latter then it also as an asset, as the word says cryptocurrency it is currency, by which we can make an investment and can trade by using that can accumulate coins, once we accumulate that becomes an asset.

Bitcoin turned into a currency when it becomes very expensive and when the value increased the popularity is also increasing as the time goes by, there are a lot of people today who are investing in bitcoins in order to earn profit in the future or use it to buy products online so it was a currency.
It is literally an asset as of now because you cannot have the chance to spend it in the ordinary stores like a currency because the store owners doesn't even know what is bitcoin so there is a very long time to wait before we can say that bitcoin is also a currency and asset at the same time because right now it is just a form of investment.
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:56:42 AM

It is literally an asset as of now because you cannot have the chance to spend it in the ordinary stores like a currency because the store owners doesn't even know what is bitcoin so there is a very long time to wait before we can say that bitcoin is also a currency and asset at the same time because right now it is just a form of investment.
well, everyone does have a different opinion. but, I see bitcoin as a potentially profitable asset. although bitcoin also tends to be a currency, but, I see it as an asset, because I use it for it. well, but bitcoin is included in assets and currency.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

Ian11

Activity: 145

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:14:00 AM

I think it is same because bitcoin is your asset also it is kind of currency that convertable into different currencies like pesos or dollars, so that it will become our assets and bitcoin help us for our daily life.
Leyss

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:27:03 AM

Bitcoin can still be called a financial asset, digital money, but not currency. In order for money to be recognized as a currency, it is necessary that this be recognized at the interstate level, that is, for official transactions between states to be concluded in this money. Bitcoin can be called money, because it serves as a means of payment, but not as a currency. At the same time, bitcoin is much more than just a financial asset. Therefore, I would take bitcoin to digital money, but not to the asset and not to the currency.
yj300316

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

The P2P Marketplace For Digital Content

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:58:39 AM

it is not important bitcoin is an asset or currency.
the important thing about bitcoin is, we can use bitcoin for investing and gain profit in the future, both as an asset or currency.

W E M A R K   ❱ ❱❱   https://www.wemark.com/
Blockchain-based marketplace for digital content
lautantepi

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:32:02 PM

Bitcoin will be one of the most widely used currencies in the future. Because of the many advantages that I get information that BAnk swiss generally sell Ethereal, bitcoin and bitcoin cash to its customers, we see in the future will be much more change.
khai29

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:01:34 PM

Both, because for me when you have a bitcoin considered you have an asset but each of us we have a different idea about that some people they have another asset other than bitcoin.
andreyka0308

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:36:47 PM

I think it depends on the use, because bitcoin has different functions that will be very useful for all people, but not as a means of payment, bitcoin can be a valuable asset for today, besides the price is not so high, bitcoins can be used for investment and trade. You can also buy on them anything you want and at any time sell when you are comfortable
ultraminer11

Activity: 106
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:41:06 PM
Merited by Etherlevis128 (1)

the important thing about bitcoin is, we can use bitcoin for investing and gain profit in the future, both as an asset or currency.
I think it is its initial phase and most people used as a source of investment but it think it will be start fully using as a currency because bitcoin is invested on the name of currency but as it is not so common to be use as currency everywhere therefore people are using it as investment and for trading purpose, hope that in future will be able to use bitcoin as for currency purposes everywhere.
dyewic

Activity: 125

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:52:09 PM

I think it is store of value like gold and at the same time currency, similar to fiat money.
This makes bitcoin superior than both of them as well.

I strongly agree on your opinion that, it is store of value like gold and at the same time currency, similar to fiat money. And adding also my opinion that, bitcoin is both a currency and an asset, since the previous reply defines what an asset is and bitcoin fits it if you do not consider it as a currency. In addition, this means the price will remain volatile as more people adopt bitcoin and make it go up and this will probably last at least another 5 years. On the other hand, Bitcoin is not yet a currency because it is not yet legally accepted worldwide but it is certainly an asset and I think in the near future, Bitcoin can considered a currency once legalized.
strickland

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:48:54 PM

I like to use Bitcoin as an asset because Bitcoin is not listed in the stock market. I would call it an investment if it was listed over there.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
semarmesem195

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:02:06 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink

I thinkbitcoin can be regarded as both. Because of the many crypto users i'm sure there's someone who uses bitcoin as the currency to pay for something. But more of us its users assume that bitcoin is the best asset that can beat gold in the past. Within over 3 years of its emergence the popularity of bitcoin has become more rampant, even after 5 years running, developed countries are beginning to develop payments using bitcoin in the real world like Visa.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
Boknoyz

Activity: 358
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:11:53 PM

In my opinion bitcoin is currency because you it can use it like a real money like you can use it for paying bills online you can also used bitcoin to purchase with a variety of online retailers and Bitcoin makes it easy to send real money quickly to anywhere in the world.
jsscswan

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:19:05 PM

For me bitcoin is just an asset, it can not be said as a currency because its value is very unstable. In my country alone bitcoin is not recognized as a means of payment, obviously bitcoin is just an asset.

_____________________A I T H E O N_____________________       [   JOIN THE WHITELIST   ]
The digital ecosystem simplifying your world through A.I., robotic, and human symbiosis
██ ███     WHITEPAPER     |     TELEGRAM     |     TWITTER     |     INSTAGRAM     ███ ██
Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:23:29 PM

For me bitcoin is just an asset, it can not be said as a currency because its value is very unstable. In my country alone bitcoin is not recognized as a means of payment, obviously bitcoin is just an asset.

I disagree with you.  It is obviously a currency as we all know that it is a currency designed for online use.  And as we all know, bitcoin is a digital currency/crypto currency.  So obviously it is a currency.  A currency which can be used just like the ordinary currency but it is only for online use.  It is an asset if you already invested on it.
Bitcoinislife09

Activity: 1028
Merit: 144

Diamond Hands 💎HODL

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:24:03 PM

Bitcoin’s very volatile prices have reignited the debate about its usefulness as a currency or as an asset. In some ways, Bitcoin suits the definition of currency quite adequately but if the volatility is less. It allows for the creation of secure and transparent transactions. Thus, can be used as a secondary currency in future. Some of the experts have huge concerns over its volatility. But, sooner or later the prices may remain less volatile as of today.

I have mentioned few points about Bitcoin as a currency or as an asset in my article here: https://atozforex.com/news/is-bitcoin-a-currency-or-asset/

What's your opinion about BTC as a currency or an asset?

Suggestions and comments appreciated  Smiley Wink
Bitcoin is both a currency and an asset.In bitcoin you can gain and earn so much money using the less of your time ans the less of your effort.In bitcoin you can make your time and effort productive.You can be richbuaing the bitcoin.
mekusproj

Activity: 56

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 01:54:10 PM

I still believe the volatility of Bitcoin affects its use as an asset. As a currency, its still a good alternative to national currencies especially in national economic currency instability situations. but for personal funds transfer purposes its good and fast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 »
  Print  

Jump to: