Bitcoin Forum
October 02, 2024, 09:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 125 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Haasonline Simple Trade Bot For BTCe and Bitstamp[Main topic]  (Read 416615 times)
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 06:51:58 PM

how are your experiences so far with this software? it would be nice to see numbers and percentages of the profits and max profits achieved so far  Grin
(I'm still waiting for my download email  Roll Eyes )

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
minzie

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 10:01:15 PM

To touch on the point made by Stephan, the exchanges place a limit on how many requests can come from a single IP. For instance, Bitstamp only allows one request per second, and they will quickly ban your IP. Any bot could be made to run multiple instances, it would just need another piece of software to coordinate those requests. I suspect in an instance like this, it would be a reasonably complex task to do so.

Professional Freelance Web Apps Engineer ° Portfolio °  ModoBot Automated Trading Platform ° BitThingy ° My Github  ° Skype: cclites_1
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:14:14 AM

The solution in my bot is a ChartProvder class, that caches the data from the exchanges. All bots request the data from this ChartProvider instance.

kird03

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 12:55:51 PM

Who is interested in translating the language file of Simple Trade Bot?

I have placed the language file online at this link:
http://haasonline.tk/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/LangEN.txt

The requirements are:
The file format must be in UTF-8 and the XML structure must remain intact.

For each unique translation XML file i will be donating 0.2 BTC to you as reward. You can send it to me by PM or email.

If you accept, post it here (the language name) so no double work is done by others.

I already got English, Russian, Italian and German.

The bounty is high but i need it ASAP for the new release this weekend. (<24 hours) Besides i have to warn not to underestimate the translations because they are sometimes hard to make.

I can do Dutch within 48 hrs if you still need additional translations..
Stephan224 (OP)

Activity: 449
Merit: 250

Software developer

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 01:40:15 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2013, 06:21:02 PM by Stephan224

@minzie:
You are totally right. I had to help already 6 people who started multiple instances and got blocked. The simple trade bot is not designed for that. I wanted to keep the simple trade bot as simple as possible so i did not make support for multiple currencies.

The coming Command Line Trade Bot (which comes today or tomorrow) does not have this issue. With that bot you can poll multiple exchanges and multiple currencies at the same time.

@daybyter:
A chart provider (or resource to get some historical data) would solve the issue, you are right about that. However historical data is based on 15minutes interval (the lowest i could find) so if i wanted to add this to the simple trade bot i have to remove the time interval and set is locked to 15minutes updates. This is why is did not add this to the simple trade bot.

@kird03:
Thank you very much for your offer, however i am Dutch myself. So i could do the translation myself. I did not translate it because most of the Dutch people can read and write English very well. So there is not really a need for that translation. (unless i get a lot of requests for it)

@all:
I have just released the Command Line Trade Bot and i have created a separate topic for it here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=277677

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
Jazkal

Activity: 319

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 03:03:11 PM

What do you need to add additional exchanges, such as Cryptsy?
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2013, 04:08:57 PM

For adding exchanges i need C# based open-source libraries.
They need to contain (for the most part) all the trade logic like poll, trade-depth, wallet, open-orders, buy and sell. And i need to review and approve them.

I was talking to somebody who wanted to create a DLL for Cryptsy but i did not hear from him in days. I wanted to give him a donation for it and i has to be published to the community.

So if you have any suggestions, i am open for it.

Edit:
I will not add MtGox. I do not support them because i do not want them to grow any bigger. To much depends on them already.

Lead developer of Haasonline Software Engineering and owner of Haasonline.com - Checkout my Simple Trade Bot on: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211979.0
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2013, 05:52:11 PM

Java code doesn't help you? I released some of my code here:

https://github.com/ReAzem/cryptocoin-tradelib

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 06:24:08 PM

Hi Stephan224. I'm missing a lot of trading opportunities because the bot seems unable to get orders through on btc-e. The log shows attempts that are blocked for one reason or another:

1:43:09 PM RSI-30 Bot: Calculated profit 15.255 Usd (without fee) (last buy value 103.1 Usd, current sell value 106.2 Usd)
1:43:09 PM RSI-30 Bot: Placing sell order for 5 Btc at price 106.151 Usd
1:43:10 PM RSI-30 Bot: During the trade a exception has been catched. Please consult the error log for more information. (message: invalid nonce parameter; 1377106994 1377106990)
1:43:31 PM RSI-30 bot: Sell level reached 99 %
1:43:31 PM RSI-30 Bot: Calculated profit 15.255 Usd (without fee) (last buy value 103.1 Usd, current sell value 106.2 Usd)
1:43:31 PM RSI-30 Bot: Placing sell order for 5 Btc at price 106.151 Usd
1:43:31 PM RSI-30 Bot: During the trade a exception has been catched. Please consult the error log for more information. (message: invalid nonce parameter; 1377107016 1377107012)
1:43:51 PM RSI-30 bot: Sell level reached 99 %
1:43:51 PM RSI-30 Bot: Calculated profit 15.255 Usd (without fee) (last buy value 103.1 Usd, current sell value 106.2 Usd)
1:43:51 PM RSI-30 Bot: Placing sell order for 5 Btc at price 106.151 Usd
1:43:52 PM RSI-30 Bot: During the trade a exception has been catched. Please consult the error log for more information. (message: invalid nonce parameter; 1377107038 1377107032)
1:44:12 PM RSI-30 bot: Sell level reached 99 %
1:44:12 PM RSI-30 Bot: Calculated profit 15.255 Usd (without fee) (last buy value 103.1 Usd, current sell value 106.2 Usd)
1:44:12 PM RSI-30 Bot: Placing sell order for 5 Btc at price 106.151 Usd
1:44:14 PM RSI-30 Bot: During the trade a exception has been catched. Please consult the error log for more information. (message: invalid nonce parameter; 1377107059 1377107053)
1:44:34 PM RSI-30 bot: Sell level reached 99 %
1:44:34 PM RSI-30 Bot: Calculated profit 15.255 Usd (without fee) (last buy value 103.1 Usd, current sell value 106.2 Usd)
1:44:34 PM RSI-30 Bot: Placing sell order for 5 Btc at price 106.151 Usd
1:44:35 PM RSI-30 Bot: During the trade a exception has been catched. Please consult the error log for more information. (message: invalid nonce parameter; 1377107080 1377107075)

Any idea why this happens?

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2013, 07:43:04 PM

The "nonce parameter" is a calculated value based on your computer time. It is required by the API to make every call unique and in sync with the exchange.

I am not really sure when this exception is thrown exactly. But i know most people i spoke about it had there computer running in a domain. The other people i spoke did not sync there time server on there Windows version. So my advice for you is to look into these things, maybe if your computer/windows is completely in time sync it is solved.

I hope this will solve your problem because like i said i am not really sure why or when this happens, it has been reported in very rare cases. I am still not able to really reproduce it here.

@daybyter:
Thanks, i will have a look to the sources. Wink

creativex

Activity: 434

View Profile
August 21, 2013, 11:50:06 PM

Thanks. Everything seemed to be in order with the system clock, but I set up an additional re-sync task to execute every 8hrs so hopefully that takes care of the problem.

wilco

Activity: 45

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:28:20 PM

Hello everyone,

I am use this program for a few days but I have only a profit of 0.00371 BTC.

Now I still playing with the settings, now I am curious what do you have for setting?

I use LTC/BTC with interval on 60 sec. Or can i better trade with BTC/EUR

Buy/sell go up and down.
RSI-30 30/70
RSI-60 30/70
Trade ratio 10/4

Trade amount 5 LTC.

Now I use all the bots.

Please share you setting and profit to help me and other people.

Wilco

id10tothe9

View Profile
August 25, 2013, 03:39:20 PM

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but somehow I'm loosing money. I tried with 1 BTC and now later with 5 BTC, I'm using the RIS-30 bot with order list size =1. the last sold and bought values are correct and the safety profit and drop were set to I 1.2 and 1 respectively, which are higher than the minimum required.

I start with bitcoins bought, then the bot waits and when the value starts dropping it sells and makes a profit. then the curve rises again and the bot does nothing, and misses the opportunity to ride the curve and it becomes a loss to buy btc again while the value has risen too high and it's too late.

another thing, I'm missing the safety measure of the trade ratio bot since a negative number for minimum makes no sense but I'm not sure how to set it. and also sometimes the trade ratio bot disappears and it becomes a SMA Crossing bot. is the program connecting to your website and receiving changes or how and why is this happening?
thanks!

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 08:07:00 PM

@id10tothe9:
I will explain you some things first and this will answer all your questions (and reports of losses).

You are setting the last buy and sale value (if you know them). My software will add the wanted profit (divided by the amount of coins) to the last buy value and by doing this is has a WantedSellValue. The same is done to the wanted drop (divided by the amount of coins) and last sell value, but now is does not add the wanted drop but minus them. This will result in a WantedBuyValue.

Now the bot will look to the RSI bot. If has a default treshold of 70 or higher to sell the coins and a default of 30 or lower. If the RSI indicates it is a good sell moment the bot will look to the calculated WantedSellValue and currency, is the currency is at least the WantedSellValue it will send a sell signal to the selected exchange. If the RSI indicates it is a good buy moment the bot will look to the WantedBuyValue and the currency. If the currency is equal or lower then the WantedBuyValue then the bot will buy the coins.

One of the securities that i have wrote is that the bot will warns you if the wanted profit value will be to low to cover any losses. This is the lowest of the lowest value you need to set to make a trade break even. So you need to listen to this warning.

Making the trade ratio bot disappear and showing a SMA bot is the result of clicking at specific places where there is no reason to click at all. The SMA bot you are seeing is a Alpha trade bot. This bot is hidden for a reason, it is for the alpha testers to take a look at and test it. I really recommend you do not use this bot right now, it is unstable and that will cause losses. (the bot will be added to the beta at some of the coming updates but then it will give profits of course)

The negative trade ratio is still supported because of compatibility reasons. The last saved bot setting could still contain a negative number and this could throw a unwanted exception. For the same reasons the trade amount could be set to 0. You could set them, but it is to stupid to do. For some stupid values the bot gives warnings. It could even block the trading itself.

Like i wrote down at the help; my trade bot only connects to the exchanges. This is done using open-soure API libaries which can be found at my website. The software itself does not connect to anything else. If it does you are scammed! ....and i know they are out there, i have downloaded a few of them myself. Cry

Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2013, 07:57:58 AM

How about adding some graphs to the Simple Trade Bot? Well i can tell already they are coming! As soon as we hit version 0.9 beta they will be in the Simple Trade Bot. And if you think this is it... just wait because more is coming up. I am planning a lot of new features to this coming version. And i am not only talking about the SMA/MACD indicator... Wink

As usual i will update all the existing users to this new version as soon as it has been released. You do not have to ask, you will be notified as usual by mail.

By the way: In the time between version 0.9 and now i will do a minor update to the Simple Trade Bot. This is for supporting more languages.

id10tothe9

View Profile
August 28, 2013, 06:18:58 PM

@id10tothe9:
I will explain you some things first and this will answer all your questions (and reports of losses).

You are setting the last buy and sale value (if you know them). My software will add the wanted profit (divided by the amount of coins) to the last buy value and by doing this is has a WantedSellValue. The same is done to the wanted drop (divided by the amount of coins) and last sell value, but now is does not add the wanted drop but minus them. This will result in a WantedBuyValue.

Now the bot will look to the RSI bot. If has a default treshold of 70 or higher to sell the coins and a default of 30 or lower. If the RSI indicates it is a good sell moment the bot will look to the calculated WantedSellValue and currency, is the currency is at least the WantedSellValue it will send a sell signal to the selected exchange. If the RSI indicates it is a good buy moment the bot will look to the WantedBuyValue and the currency. If the currency is equal or lower then the WantedBuyValue then the bot will buy the coins.

One of the securities that i have wrote is that the bot will warns you if the wanted profit value will be to low to cover any losses. This is the lowest of the lowest value you need to set to make a trade break even. So you need to listen to this warning.

Making the trade ratio bot disappear and showing a SMA bot is the result of clicking at specific places where there is no reason to click at all. The SMA bot you are seeing is a Alpha trade bot. This bot is hidden for a reason, it is for the alpha testers to take a look at and test it. I really recommend you do not use this bot right now, it is unstable and that will cause losses. (the bot will be added to the beta at some of the coming updates but then it will give profits of course)

The negative trade ratio is still supported because of compatibility reasons. The last saved bot setting could still contain a negative number and this could throw a unwanted exception. For the same reasons the trade amount could be set to 0. You could set them, but it is to stupid to do. For some stupid values the bot gives warnings. It could even block the trading itself.

Like i wrote down at the help; my trade bot only connects to the exchanges. This is done using open-soure API libaries which can be found at my website. The software itself does not connect to anything else. If it does you are scammed! ....and i know they are out there, i have downloaded a few of them myself. Cry

hey Stephan, thanks a lot for your reply and sorry for late answer. yah I just need to get familiar with the bot but I like it a lot!!! so thanks for the good job!
now I understand better how it works but I think something is missing. I think what happens sometimes is the following scenario:
bot reaches a profitable sell value, so it sells the bitcoins. Then waits for a buy signal when drop value is also satisfied (I use a list size of 1 since I don't know how to operate it). now what happens, the drop value is never reached because the value of bitcoin increases instead and goes even higher than the last sell value. the bot will never react and thus I will have sold the btcs at a loss and never recover. is there a mechanism to send a buy signal when this happens so it avoids higher losses by not reacting at all?

and about the trade bot ratio, could you please explain a little how it works, because I don't know what to do with it or what numbers to set. maybe this bot can be used to solve the previous problem?

Cheers and keep up this amazing work! I'll donate when I get rich  Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Stephan224 (OP)

Software developer

View Profile WWW
August 28, 2013, 08:35:34 PM

The something that is missing is the momentum when you activated the trade bot. If you time this right the bot will surf on the currency. Compare it to setting a high/low bot or trading by hand. You sell your coins at the moment you think is the best. That is the same moment you activate a RSI trade bot.

is there a mechanism to send a buy signal when this happens so it avoids higher losses by not reacting at all?

No, if i should implement something like this the bot will buy the coins for a higher price again. And then you can only hope the increase will continue and if this not happens you will be making way more losses. The same applies to sudden drops and the buy momentum. But i am working on something to automatically "bail out" on sudden big drops.

The trade bot is a bot that looks at the amount of coins put to buy or sell. It calculates a ratio value out of it from 0 to up unknown values. The ratio should be a stable value during the trading. But it will detect the moment somebody puts a lot of coins to buy or sell. This trade bot works best with BTCe.

id10tothe9

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 09:19:21 AM

awesome, thanks.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
mrMIGHTY

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 04:53:37 PM

Hello Stephan,
I am into programming too and I believe your a honest developer. I will probably give your bot a chance, but next week.

My Plan is too start with 3 BTC.
.6 for the bot purchasing, and the rest for trading.
I will trade Btc/USD or BTC/Euro from my Bitstamp Account

Any suggestions on my strategy are welcome Wink

r32godzilla

Activity: 1361
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 04, 2013, 06:11:47 AM

I bought the Simple Trading bot a while ago and its great. Would love a version for Cryptsy pleeeeeease Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 125 »
  Print  

Jump to: