Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 11:20:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What is bitcoin  (Read 7911 times)
Mhak

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 03:43:21 AM

bitcoin is the future medium of exchange
btccointalk

Activity: 336
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:04:23 AM

I came to know about bitcoins only in the year 2013 when I joined a new site and started working as an admin. It was my boss who explained me about this. Even now , there are many who have no idea about bitcoins and thus when they come across this word, many questions arises in their mind so they try to find the answer for it.

WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:28:04 AM

What do you say when asked this question from a friend who has only heard its name mentioned a few times in the news and has no clue. I find myself lately taking the easy way out and suggesting google. I would prefer to give a clearer answer, but usually saying something leads to more questions and more confusion.
If someone could point me to a twitter type answer that would inform and twig their curiosity, i think it would be a better outcome.

Well to explain better, you need to tell him that bitcoin is an online currency or money, it has no physical form like cash. You can also tell him about earning it and the transactions.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 05:47:39 AM

Bitcoins is a worldwide crypto currency and digital payment system. Also called as a decentralised digital currency as this system works without a authority.
It was invented by a unknown group of people  by the name satoshi nakamoto in 2009. The system is peer to peer and transaction are made between people's without an intermediary. These transaction are verified by network node and recorded in public distributer ledge called block chain.
Bitcoin are also be created and rewarded as a prize in a process called mining.
It can be used as currency.  It can be exchanged in return of currency or services or goods. With the increasing popularity of bitcoin,  merchants and companies are investing in bitcoins and bitcoin is also become an investment.
Bitcoin is become popular that according to a survey, it is find that bitcoin is the most used crypto currency worldwide and most of the people whom having an crypto currency are using a  bitcoin wallet.
Every advancement come see with pros and cons. So as bitcoin too.  It has advantages and disadvantages as well as.
Bitcoin is from the day of its starting in increasing in popularity and has been seeing a constant price hike in prices.
It can be said that in future most of the people start using bitcoin as a payment method and investment more and more easily laid in it.
A.nayem

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:22:51 AM

I think this is a thing I usually encounter when someone wants to know what is bitcoin. Some of them, they just ask out of curiosity but there are still people who would ask me because they want to invest or put their money and time on it. But I think if they are really desperate to know what is bitcoin, they will be willing to find an answer without asking me all of it.
Minionnn

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:21:29 AM

Bitcoin is a virtual currency that can be used for a variety of purposes based on the operation of the internet. Bitcoin can be used to pay, pay, and most of all to invest and be profitable.

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:55:11 PM

Bitcoin is nothing but same value as of your fiat currency but called as digital currency. It has a great feature that it's transactions are done anonymously with peer-to-peer. Today the Bitcoin value has grown a millionth of times.
Bitcoin is not the same as fiat if it was then we will not be here, while there are many differences one of the best is that bitcoin has a hard limit on the amount of bitcoin that are going to be printed and that is what makes bitcoin extremely valuable and that is why the price does not stop going up, since every four years the block reward gets halved and less and less coins enter the market.
xBitHodler

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:34:51 PM

I treat Bitcoin as a long term investment. It's also a good way to store my money. I don't trust bank anymore, everything I put there belongs to them. Bitcoin allows me to become my own bank. I don't have to worry about additional fees and contracts because everything is clear, you have to pay only one transaction fee which you can set at your will.
Mazda17

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:47:48 AM

Bitcoin is decentralized and bitcoin can be used as the mode of payment in some business and also bitcoin can be used to send some funds wherever you are whenever you want,. bitcoin is increasing the value itself,
Good opinions and ideas and I agree with all your reasons, that bitcoin is a payment mode in some business as well as an agreed deal and bitcoin can be used to send funds wherever you are.
lienfaye

Activity: 2940
Merit: 629

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:26:45 AM

What do you say when asked this question from a friend who has only heard its name mentioned a few times in the news and has no clue. I find myself lately taking the easy way out and suggesting google. I would prefer to give a clearer answer, but usually saying something leads to more questions and more confusion.
If someone could point me to a twitter type answer that would inform and twig their curiosity, i think it would be a better outcome.
When someone ask me if what is bitcoin i simply answer its a digital currency that can only be use online, the value is flactuating so if you hold your coins in the wallet it can either increase or decrease.

But for a person who dont use internet my explanation would be too long because they are having a hard time to understand it especially the older ones.

jake zyrus

Activity: 798
Merit: 121

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 07:51:35 PM

I think this is a thing I usually encounter when someone wants to know what is bitcoin. Some of them, they just ask out of curiosity but there are still people who would ask me because they want to invest or put their money and time on it. But I think if they are really desperate to know what is bitcoin, they will be willing to find an answer without asking me all of it. I am the same at my first time here but I did not ask my friends so much about it but I've watch a lot of videos, read a lot of article to know more about it. You must not bear their problem but you just need to guide them.
Bitcoin for me is a opportunity.  Opportunity to learn, how to become a successful in life. Bitcoin teach you how to earn a big money from saving and trading to communicate to other. Bitcoin for me is like information technology in currency how to trade and invest.

aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:44:33 PM

Whenever someone asks me about bitcoin, I simply tell them that it is a cryptocurrency which is said to be the number one and the most proven and tested currency for a long while. I always tell the to try it and search further more about the details about it. I don't make my explanations complicated because I know that they are just new from hearing about bitcoin so it would be better if I will narrow it down so they may know it and understand it more.
Sometimes it is better to keep things simple if you do not do that then people may lose interest, that is what I do as well, when people ask me about bitcoin I just tell them enough to keep them interested and then if they ask me again I tell them that I will explain bitcoin more in depth to them if they want but that they need to research it first, those that aren't really interested never take the time to research bitcoin but those that are interested will always find time to do it.
airdnasxela

Activity: 728
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:56:17 PM

We all have different definitions of bitcoin, some will say it's just a cryptocurrency while some will say its a business. For me, bitcoin is one of the greatest oppurtunity I've ever had in my life. Without it, I don't think I would be this bountiful. Bitcoin is the best currency for me and it's complexity is insane. The value of it is volatile that's why I think it's more exciting knowing that you have the chance to earn high or low depending on the pump or dump that may occur.
cryptosifu

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 11:58:51 PM

Highest risk investment.  It can make you or break you. 
Star_Bucks

Activity: 263
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:12:51 AM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which is said to have the potential on becoming the strongest currency in the world. This rumors spread ever since the bitcoin hit its hard pump making it to the top for a very long time. Even though bitcoin has faced a great obstacle during the banning of bitcoin in China, it was still able to overcome it and recover back and higher. This just proves how bitcoin is making its own name in the history o currencies.
criza

Activity: 574
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 12:17:38 AM

We all know that bitcoin is indeed one of the best cryptocurrency and its value is rising continuously. This things are what we usually hear when someone is talking about bitcoin. For me, bitcoin is more than this. For me it is a life changing event when I entered this. A lot of thing happened to me up until now and I am so grateful with bitcoin for the help it has offered to me. I can't say a thing but thanks to bitcoin for everything.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:10:03 PM

Bitcoin is a cryptocurrency which is said to have the potential on becoming the strongest currency in the world. This rumors spread ever since the bitcoin hit its hard pump making it to the top for a very long time. Even though bitcoin has faced a great obstacle during the banning of bitcoin in China, it was still able to overcome it and recover back and higher. This just proves how bitcoin is making its own name in the history o currencies.
Yes it was really a very hard time for bit coin when china ban bit coin in their country but bit coin had shown it hardness and durability that it sustained for that period and now a day’s bit coin is that king of crypto and digital currencies of the market as due to the uncountable advantage of bit coin for its investors.

Rudy_Third27

Activity: 47

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:43:55 PM

I think this bitcoin is a virtual currency, this currency is the same as the rupiah or dollar but only in the digital world.
the features of bitcoin are allowed for ownership without any identity and transfer of wealth. Bitcoins can be stored on our personal computers via a wallet file format that we have and bitcoin can also be transferred to anyone like friends, or agents who want to buy bitcoins we melaluli internet in a wallet address he has.
there are many types of bitcoin examples of its trading bitcoin, bitcoin mining and invest bitcoin, bitcoin this feature and its system quite interesting and the most I like this bitcoin pay us.
mjnick01

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 02:49:03 PM

bitcoin for me is a kind of resource you need to collect and multiply
because it will be in the future
Streamlink

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 27, 2017, 03:26:19 PM

We all know that bitcoin is indeed one of the best cryptocurrency and its value is rising continuously. This things are what we usually hear when someone is talking about bitcoin. For me, bitcoin is more than this. For me it is a life changing event when I entered this. A lot of thing happened to me up until now and I am so grateful with bitcoin for the help it has offered to me. I can't say a thing but thanks to bitcoin for everything.
Yes there is no doubt that bit coin is one of the best crypto currency in the whole market as its price is persistently increasing, people are getting so much profit from it. Bit coin is also a unique currency which may be converted to any other currency within no time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: