Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do when prices are falling  (Read 46478 times)
Rhaizan

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 11:31:04 AM

I'm new in trading. I lost almost 50% of my capital... because the coin I buy price fall and fall till now... Is good I to hold or sell to cut loss?

I remember before the price of my token was falling i got panic but i don't have nothing to do, im just waiting until the price will rise again, then its happen, so for me if the price was falling we don't need to panic. Wait until what happen to your coin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ekoice

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 02:45:29 PM

Mostly when there is a bitcoin rally,most of altcoins including well established altcoins start bleeding.So,when you see your invested altcoins price falling down and bitcoin price increasing,either you could hold some of your altcoins which you believe that their price would surely recover soon or else,you could just sell them and buy bitcoin to avoid misssing the train.

Shorting is a process where you definitely get an idea that bitcoin price is definitely going to fall and so,you just sell your bitcoins and wait for its price to fall down more to buy it once again.But its highly risky and many have faced loss by wrongly predicting.
cinchin

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 06:07:46 PM

I'm new in trading. I lost almost 50% of my capital... because the coin I buy price fall and fall till now... Is good I to hold or sell to cut loss?

I remember before the price of my token was falling i got panic but i don't have nothing to do, im just waiting until the price will rise again, then its happen, so for me if the price was falling we don't need to panic. Wait until what happen to your coin.
- Depends on the potential of the coin you are holding, patiently waiting and not doing anything is a good way if it is a potential coin but if it is not a potential coin, patiently waiting and not doing anything will make our money disappear quickly
- I think first we should look for the reason why the price of coin dropped, then we should analyze this reason, it affects the future of the coin or not, and from there, we can determine what to do next, wait, buy more or cut losses, absolutely should not let emotions affect analysis
yvesp110

Activity: 1092
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2017, 07:57:50 PM

When the price is falling I'm always checking the price everyhour if it will be a big dump or not . if its decrease over $500 im selling my bitcoin so fast so when the price reach its lowest point im gonna buy again so i can make another profit in the future. that's a basic trading but always work. don't buy bitcoin at high price wait for the dump and then buy as much as you can then sell it on a high price.
Buying more bitcoins at the time when the prices are falling down is the best thing and is the most preferable thing which everyone should do. But the fact is most of the owners fail to do so. They get panic and instead of holding their bitcoins, they go for selling their bitcoins at low prices which result them in huge amount of loss. Patience and controlling your nerves is the best thing to do at that time.
GoodOne

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 01:31:11 AM

When the price is falling I'm always checking the price everyhour if it will be a big dump or not . if its decrease over $500 im selling my bitcoin so fast so when the price reach its lowest point im gonna buy again so i can make another profit in the future. that's a basic trading but always work. don't buy bitcoin at high price wait for the dump and then buy as much as you can then sell it on a high price.
Buying more bitcoins at the time when the prices are falling down is the best thing and is the most preferable thing which everyone should do. But the fact is most of the owners fail to do so. They get panic and instead of holding their bitcoins, they go for selling their bitcoins at low prices which result them in huge amount of loss. Patience and controlling your nerves is the best thing to do at that time.
Completely agree with you.
Weak hands always lose on btc.
HODL!!!
pantek talacuik

Activity: 773
Merit: 101

Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 01:41:56 AM

my experience so far when my altcoin has a price drop, then I will continue to buy the altcoin, because this is the best chance to hold and sell it when the price has started to normal. and most importantly you have to be smart to see the situation

samlaode

Activity: 674

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 02:09:24 AM

In this momentarily you need calm, calm mind brings self-confidence to make the correct decision. After careful analysis I will decide to keep or cut losses immediately. Depending on the situation, assertiveness is important.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2017, 02:13:47 AM

I think it depends on what coin you're holding. Have you done a background check of the coin or have you read any articles regarding its statistics? If yes, and if you think it has great possibilities and its value has a large chance of bouncing back, then I suggest you hold. Always do research of what coin you're trying to invest in. It will help you avoid certain profit loss.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 04:44:48 AM

Basic trading is buy some coin in low price ang sell in high price and get profite from it. So i the price falling we need to be patient to hold our coin don't seel in lower than buy if don't want to lose our fund. Because patient is key of trading and no need to panic. 
Sometimes when really need money we have no choice but to trade in low price but I make sure that I can get profit even not that big. If there is another option to get money I will hold my coin and wait till the price increase and give good profit. When do trading,  I set it to the price where I can get profit so I will check for the price time to time.

KingdomHearts

Activity: 896
Merit: 514

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 06:10:36 AM

In my little experience price falling is not a problem at all. Because it's happens always. Be patient and hold your coin. Market will be rise soon. And don't panic. If you do then you will lose your coin.
Experience really sometimes is the best teacher. For so many people who have stayed in the game for a while, they have realized that FUDs will just stir the market a little bit and then after then, we end up seeing a huge rise which makes them stronger rather than making panic decisions.

Moreover, this forum is a good way for people to learn from experience to understand that panicking will never help but cause more loss.
Staying updated is very much necessary most especially for those who have a lot of coins at their disposal or in their portfolio. It is a volatile community and so many things can generate those volatility, most especially from the media speculations.

It is only important to stay updated and leap yourself informed every now and then which is the only way you can easily make easy decisions without panicking.
Kiweikoo

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 07:47:30 AM

Well, you have 3 options:

1. Cut your losses. If you have lost faith in the coin, this is your best option. Sad

2. Buy more! If you have the funds and believe in the coin, then what buy more and more as the price drops.

3. HODL! If you don't have the funds to increase your position but still believe in the coin, then you best option is to HODL. (Just forget you own it for a few months/years)

Good luck and stay safe! Tongue
Yes the best option when the prices of coins falls is that hold them and keep faith in the as no one can predict what will happen and if also you have more funds by coin at cheap and hold one day the pries will be high and you will get back your money with profit.

Firstly you should study the whole coin and its journey till here and the invest and then keep faith in it also if there is decrease in price just don't sell all of them and take a loss try to wit for some time and you will get the returns.
pureclckr

Activity: 243
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:11:26 AM

If you know that you got good coins then you should buy more when others are selling and wait for correct time to sell.
Just right on point! Only those holding shitty coins always end up getting scared as the shitty coin keeps getting dragged down.

That is why you just need to trust your portfolio and believe that no matter what, it is just going to bounce back. And even dips like what we are having presently is always the best moment to buy and get a huge profit once they get back on track.
There is only one thing which can help you from not suffering a loss at the time when the prices are falling down and that is your patience of holding your bitcoins. Holding is the best thing under those circumstances. Moreover, buying of more bitcoins at the time when the price is down is another good option. This way you can increase the number of bitcoins you own.
HODLing is the only thing that guarantees you to always stay safe. A time will come that the value would have gone past the amount you purchased and you will not even care if the value is dropping or not, knowing there is no way it would get to the point you got it the first time. It is just patience and time.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 08:36:11 PM

The big dumps are always usually the problem and that is the reason why you need to assume where a huge dump could come from which is why the stop loss button is important. It takes a stone mind sometimes to trade and you just have to get a strategy you can stick to which would always pay you at the long run.

You win in some, you lose in some but with good strategy, you win more than you lose. But usually, when prices are falling, and it is not past the stage of accruing huge loss, then you relax and wait.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
hurain

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 11:43:26 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 01:27:22 AM by hurain

If you know that you got good coins then you should buy more when others are selling and wait for correct time to sell.
Just right on point! Only those holding shitty coins always end up getting scared as the shitty coin keeps getting dragged down.

That is why you just need to trust your portfolio and believe that no matter what, it is just going to bounce back. And even dips like what we are having presently is always the best moment to buy and get a huge profit once they get back on track.
There is only one thing which can help you from not suffering a loss at the time when the prices are falling down and that is your patience of holding your bitcoins. Holding is the best thing under those circumstances. Moreover, buying of more bitcoins at the time when the price is down is another good option. This way you can increase the number of bitcoins you own.
HODLing is the only thing that guarantees you to always stay safe. A time will come that the value would have gone past the amount you purchased and you will not even care if the value is dropping or not, knowing there is no way it would get to the point you got it the first time. It is just patience and time.
I think everyone has their own strategy if you are investing money in bitcoin for long term then it is still good to trade bitcoin, because short term investment is a little risky as compare to long term investment, In fact in short term investment you need to have good experience of trading and you must have a good decision power so that you can get a right decision in a right time.
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:56:47 AM

The best option is when the price is kept decreasing you should buy them and try to average your previous because otherwise you will end up in loss if you don't buy when the values is loosing. After buying wait for sometime until the price increases again.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 07:13:27 AM

The best option is when the price is kept decreasing you should buy them and try to average your previous because otherwise you will end up in loss if you don't buy when the values is loosing. After buying wait for sometime until the price increases again.

Exactly, if someone is holding Bitcoin and if the price is falling down then in such case, he should apply price averaging method which reduces the average buy price for the entire holdings and there is a chance of profitability even if there a minor rise in the price as far as it is rising above investor's average purchase price.

However, to avoid the risk of losing capital in such accidental price fall, one should plan his investment systematically and invest a certain portion of his capital in specific intervals of time. Diversifying purchase orders in multiple price level, helps investors to hold command on his investment without getting affected by the market behavior.
axorb

Activity: 336

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 08:01:36 AM

I don't figure its a smart thought to offer your altcoins in light of the fact that in the event that you have that once alts increment your bitcoin will develop and for beyond any doubt you will procure a great deal of benefit later on the off chance that you do that. You can hold bitcoin at the present time for short term in light of the fact that cost today is 5400 dollars however you biught 5600 yet you can purchase again and hold up the cost to increment or hit 6k dollars and offer it for the short term yet it depends to you what amount do you offer.
Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:01:23 AM

I think everyone has their own strategy if you are investing money in bitcoin for long term then it is still good to trade bitcoin, because short term investment is a little risky as compare to long term investment, In fact in short term investment you need to have good experience of trading and you must have a good decision power so that you can get a right decision in a right time.
I am also very much in favor of holding coins for long time provided the project seems potential enough to generate good results. Holding of altcoins for long time is not that productive as that of bitcoin is. We all know that bitcoin keep on increasing in value whether you are trading with them or letting them slumber in your wallet. Holding is safest thing to make profit but only with the best digital currency, bitcoin.
KenChanYu

Activity: 1139

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 09:21:56 AM

I am also very much in favor of holding coins for long time provided the project seems potential enough to generate good results. Holding of altcoins for long time is not that productive as that of bitcoin is. We all know that bitcoin keep on increasing in value whether you are trading with them or letting them slumber in your wallet. Holding is safest thing to make profit but only with the best digital currency, bitcoin.
well in my part holding the coin is really the best thing to do when its price  are falling it is really good to hold specially when you know that it can maybe  rise tommorow or maybe  nextweek or a  month it will rise by then it is really profitable.i think it is  also good to buy coin if you can afford in buying it during the falling of  its  price it really gives us a big returns someday as long as we believe  on that coin .
meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:39:32 PM

I just keep holding my bitcoin if the price are falling, I know bitcoins behavior dump and pump, just hold until the price is going up then sell your bitcoin if bitcoin reach the target price you want to.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: