Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:50:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: 🌟 ⚡🚀ANN: GATCOIN Blockchain Rewards Program [Presale on 28 October]🌟 ⚡🚀  (Read 51521 times)
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 06:07:08 AM

The Parity bug from today could make people wary of ICOs though. $150 million frozen forever!
Is GATCOIN effected with this ? Anyone knows ! ? .  Also I wouldn't say forever as I think there might be a way to get the money back ( Hard fork ) , This should be the end of Parity period , 2 huge vulnerability in 5 months with millions of dollars stolen and millions forzen , I really do not know when they should be shutdown .
Anyway can we get a comment from deva ( if we GATCOIN effected or not ) ? .

I went to etherscan to trace my transaction and I found out GAT multisign wallet's address. Then I looked for it in this list https://github.com/barrywhitehat1/Parity2VictimList/blob/master/gistfile1.txt and I didn't find it, I'm assuming that GAT's funds are safe Smiley

This new hack is really troublesome .. I hope they quickly find a solution cause this is really bad again for the Ethereum network.

Even though is not an ethereum network problem or bug, other wallets and companies could really give the ethereum a bad name, parity has bugs, it was parities fault, but many, without knowing will accuse ether.em and the blockchain out of ignorance ¬¬

Yes in the end its just parity to blame, there is no problem on ethereum itself

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yasemin

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Become Part of the Mining Family

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:10:01 AM

I hope this situation with Bitcoin Fork won`t stop GatCoin from reaching it`s soft cap during presale. After splitting, people will try to invest free money into new ICO, and Gatcoin suited this goal.
I also think that after the fork people are going to invest more in ICO's and gatcoin is a good one right now.

Yes, Gatcoin is positioned well, because over the past weeks, there have been lots of activity on social media, so that a lot of people will now have Gatcoin on their radar to consider investing in.

There have been many good news in the last weeks about Gatcoin. Hope to see more investors after the fork investing in Gatcoin

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:35:03 AM

I hope this situation with Bitcoin Fork won`t stop GatCoin from reaching it`s soft cap during presale. After splitting, people will try to invest free money into new ICO, and Gatcoin suited this goal.
I also think that after the fork people are going to invest more in ICO's and gatcoin is a good one right now.

Yes, Gatcoin is positioned well, because over the past weeks, there have been lots of activity on social media, so that a lot of people will now have Gatcoin on their radar to consider investing in.

There have been many good news in the last weeks about Gatcoin. Hope to see more investors after the fork investing in Gatcoin
Yes , almost everyone wants free B2X and then maybe the money will flow to Altcoins, just like what happened to the previous fork before.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:36:42 AM

The Parity bug from today could make people wary of ICOs though. $150 million frozen forever!
Is GATCOIN effected with this ? Anyone knows ! ? .  Also I wouldn't say forever as I think there might be a way to get the money back ( Hard fork ) , This should be the end of Parity period , 2 huge vulnerability in 5 months with millions of dollars stolen and millions forzen , I really do not know when they should be shutdown .

I went to etherscan to trace my transaction and I found out GAT multisign wallet's address. Then I looked for it in this list https://github.com/barrywhitehat1/Parity2VictimList/blob/master/gistfile1.txt and I didn't find it, I'm assuming that GAT's funds are safe Smiley

This new hack is really troublesome .. I hope they quickly find a solution cause this is really bad again for the Ethereum network.

Even though is not an ethereum network problem or bug, other wallets and companies could really give the ethereum a bad name, parity has bugs, it was parities fault, but many, without knowing will accuse ether.em and the blockchain out of ignorance ¬¬

That's true, but Ethereum will take the blame, especially if they will need to do a hard fork to get the funds available again. Solidity isn't so easy, but it worries me that someone who is actually not a solidity expert can lockup contracts and actually kill such a huge product.
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:41:28 AM

That's true, but Ethereum will take the blame, especially if they will need to do a hard fork to get the funds available again. Solidity isn't so easy, but it worries me that someone who is actually not a solidity expert can lockup contracts and actually kill such a huge product.

I was at diner when the news came out, when I came back ETH was down 3%, i decided I was still early enough to short ETH. But I kind of shorted the bottom, put a fairly tight stoploss and took my losses.
I think its quite good that ETH didnt drop too much after news  of this hack.
the_donald

Activity: 588

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 06:43:15 AM

Yes , almost everyone wants free B2X and then maybe the money will flow to Altcoins, just like what happened to the previous fork before.

that's why I hate forks. it affects the alt coin market disproportionately, thought it's still a good way of making money by buying low and selling high.

toolucky98

Activity: 490

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:07:31 AM

that's why I hate forks. it affects the alt coin market disproportionately, thought it's still a good way of making money by buying low and selling high.
Yes of course, its also a very good opportunity.
We can use it to earn more money, so then we can buy more gatcoin  Grin
epayfiles

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:17:16 AM

I am really impressed how Chris is involved in the debate here on forum and answering every question. Its rare to see so active devs here.
Only thing that slightly bothers me is the road map which is kinda poorly written. Kiss
Mystic90

Activity: 154

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:36:23 AM

Forks are super bad for crypto. It's very confusing to people and then you have the whole community trying to outsmart eachother. I just sit tight during forks
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 07:38:55 AM

I am really impressed how Chris is involved in the debate here on forum and answering every question. Its rare to see so active devs here.
Only thing that slightly bothers me is the road map which is kinda poorly written. Kiss
What do you mean by that "kinda poorly written"?
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:33:29 AM

The problem I see is, if they hardfork now to save again peoples money everyone can come and after making mistakes and will request another and another and another hard fork again and again. I thought it was said there will be no more rescue hard forks after the last one they made.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 08:44:56 AM

Cant wait this fork sh$t is over.
Really the money will come back into the altcoins and ICO! Some projects really deserves the funding like Gatcoin
Piggy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1416

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 08:59:01 AM

yes i hope this project get properly funded, they have a great project and business plan
webwakko

Activity: 350

It's all about the cryptocoins

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2017, 09:37:15 AM

It's sad that projects like this have to suffer under forking.
Some of the running project have really great roadmaps, but a simple fork can turn a succesful story into a downright nightmare, leaving all the believers behind in tears.
Nonetheless, ideas like this schould not be taken down and should gain a bigger group of followers after forking, this way it returns stronger than before with a bigger chance to succeed.
So.. c'mon people.. no fork will take this one down !

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project  ☞ Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
levyashin

Activity: 980
Merit: 276

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:11:50 AM

Actually, i love and hate forks. Love them because it is very easy to make a profit while waiting it happen.

But i hate them because some projects like gatcoin getting funded too less comparing what they deserve.

cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:42:44 AM

Some of the running project have really great roadmaps, but a simple fork can turn a succesful story into a downright nightmare, leaving all the believers behind in tears.
Nonetheless, ideas like this schould not be taken down and should gain a bigger group of followers after forking, this way it returns stronger than before with a bigger chance to succeed.

I really think people are undervalue this project currently, and that's really sad. But I hope in the ICO the sale will go better.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
martinholly167

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 10:49:35 AM

I really think people are undervalue this project currently, and that's really sad. But I hope in the ICO the sale will go better.
Yes , and they still have a very long roadmap, actually this fork isnt a problem to be worried about.
helloal

Activity: 252

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:04:29 AM

And its not only ICOs that have to suffer. It's also promising altcoins that have to be beaten down again and again, even when devs meet milestones and release new updates or announcements to their products (I'm thinking of coins like Metal, Verge, Qwark, Viacoin, Ripple, just to name a few). Although there were likely other factors that caused the coins to drop, the fact is that btc pumped a lot.
I really hope that Gatcoin can overcome this handicap and get some good funding.

viljy

Activity: 1736
Merit: 857

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 11:25:20 AM

The problem I see is, if they hardfork now to save again peoples money everyone can come and after making mistakes and will request another and another and another hard fork again and again. I thought it was said there will be no more rescue hard forks after the last one they made.

No fork should not be. Those whose funds were frozen, let them make claims to the creators of the wallet. Although I think that it is useless. Well, those who lost money simply are not lucky. The reputation of the wallet developers must suffer forever.
ben_GAT

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 08, 2017, 12:03:21 PM

Hi everyone! Just wanted to write a quick post and check in. The GATCOIN team has been incredibly busy. We were at the Fintech O2O conference earlier in the week where our CEO, Simon, was on a panel about blockchain. After he had a presentation on the GATCOIN project too. We'll be posting some pictures from this on our social media soon.

We have some more conferences lined up in the coming weeks such as the Tokyo Cryptocurrency Conference (https://www.ico.blockchain-labo.jp/conference) and are hoping to build more momentum before the end of the pre-sale.

Thanks so much for all your continued support! We're so glad to have such a strong and supportive community!
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: