Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:24:16 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 75 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining on Mobile Phone  (Read 12408 times)
EmreX2

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:14:57 AM

I don't think that mining on the mobile would be profitable  Undecided
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:32:03 AM

Yes, I am! But I know exactly which one you would like to promote  Roll Eyes  Grin 1 november will be the start date for the mobile miner, I'm curious if it will be profitable!

thanks for your comment davey!

well I do not only mean Electroneum (that I am indeed promoting) but generally the idea of mining on a mobile phone.

With conventional crypto currencies real and valuable mining is not possible.

Everyone's on mobile now, I think it could be great if I can mine right on my phone.
My friends who aren't into crypto would most likely be interested in this too.

If you show them a mining rig they just laugh and don't get it. It's something entirely different for them if they can easily mine from their phones. My girlfriend would even do it, and I'd tell my dad to mine too

Elecroneum can be mined with your mobile phone? That would be quite intriguing. Tell me more Smiley
itsonlikedonkeykong

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:33:49 AM

That would be insane! But I like the idea.

What about battery drain and heat?
LeonardoDiCrypto

Activity: 340

View Profile
October 21, 2017, 12:54:50 AM

It would also be funny if you would be able to mine with the phones of the people you call by phone, during the conversation Smiley
guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:25:36 PM

Yes, but did we have any one for now?
It may take you more money to buy such model of mobile phone that can be capable of mining crypto coins Sad but if who know if we can try and it may gave some good profit Smiley
There is no point at least for now, cause you can never get any smartphone that would do that mining activity for you and not ending up degrading its life pretty fast, that is even if you see. Some sites, like freebitco.in though gives you a chance to mine monero and receive BTC in return, but it is a waste of time and you will be good clicking on just their faucets instead.
Anndrianno

Activity: 185

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:34:21 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2017, 06:35:41 PM by Anndrianno

I don't really see where is the problem.
You are comparing mining referred to bitcoin or ethereum which is obviously now very hard and requires lots of power because trillions of people are doing it.
I've seen a farm in china with 15.000 S9 producing 48 bitcoin an hour... absolutely ridicolous amount.

New alt coins have different structure and mobile mining is easily possible.
New phones like Xperia ZS are way more powerful than lots of PC's 4-5 years old.

It's possible, obviously the mining on mobile will never bring your cpu up to 100%, it will just run on background using a part of it, let's say maybe just two cores on 8 or 16 of your phone. But an app like this can be very very powerfull and add value to the company and making it popular as well.

Think about if this coin can be exchanged with money in some games, let's say like clash of clans. You will have millions of people downloading it and running it on background. Many apps do that, like pacer, the step counter.

Mining is just mathematical calculation, and mobile phones are able to do that easily.

Plus there is always the android emulator for pc if needed more power Smiley

That's exactly the point- nobody will use mobile phones for mining as it's a lot less efficient than a new PC with Android on it.

Second thing, which we have to understand is that 8 or 16 core CPUs are a big and perfect lie for marketing purpose: first of all only 4/8 (a half) of those core are major once with high efficiency, others are there only to provide some minor power for accomplishing minor tasks (not for mining). The second thing is that no more than two major and two minor cores can be active at a time. And to provide higher efficiency and avoid throttling a phone would just switch the pairs of those cores used at a time. This really fights the problem of throttling, but never helps with battery usage and overheating.

Of Course, I have to admit that the idea of buying various powerful cellphones and putting them in a secure place with cooling might be a working one, but than again arises the question why not do that on a PC? So mining on your personal cellphone, which you are using on day to day basis is not an option. You already give your phone plenty of tasks by simply using APPS or browsing the net- if you add mining- this will cause a collapse of your phone, limit greatly your RAM and will make you change phones twice more often. And it's doubtful that mining will cover those costs. (However, that depends on cellphone of course- Xiaomi/Meizu/ZTE/OnePlus is one story, while the "A" brand flagships from Apple/Sony/Samsung/LG/Goggle(Pixel) is completely the other- the efficiency, however, would be more or less at the same level). The decision is always yours- but think twice

000JC88

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:38:23 PM

I don't think is possible via PoW method. Desktop and custom hardware will be always much faster and will get all the mining. Mobile device need a new method of mining which will give equal chance for mining as to the stronger machines. Any how I don't find the idea good if the coin is mined for no real job, just some calculation like bitcoin does. An Ethereum like coin using mobile phones power would be something good, but I don't see any related project for this.
Agremlins

Activity: 307

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:39:15 PM

Forget this idea.
Mining on a device not designed for that is a non sense.
Even if it can work, it can't be efficient...

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████
    OWN ONION    TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
Raven Dweller

Activity: 132
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 06:18:34 PM

what about Electroneum (The Mobile Cryptocurrency and Miner)?

''Electroneum is a cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin or Ethereum that you can easily mine for free on your smartphone.

Obtaining Bitcoin or Ethereum is relatively difficult, but we've made Electroneum really easy for anyone to get involved with ZERO technical knowledge."

Source: Electroneum (The Mobile Cryptocurrency and Miner) @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.electroneum.app

Cheers

Haunebu

Activity: 3094
Merit: 972

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 06:25:25 PM

what about Electroneum (The Mobile Cryptocurrency and Miner)?

''Electroneum is a cryptocurrency just like Bitcoin or Ethereum that you can easily mine for free on your smartphone.

Obtaining Bitcoin or Ethereum is relatively difficult, but we've made Electroneum really easy for anyone to get involved with ZERO technical knowledge."

Source: Electroneum (The Mobile Cryptocurrency and Miner) @ https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.electroneum.app

Cheers
I have invested in this coin since I believe that it has huge potential. People keep thinking that mining on a phone will be similar to mining through desktops which clearly shows that they don't do their research. Electroneum to the moon.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:35:44 PM

I think mining with mobile phone is not good because in terms of specifications are very much different with a computer that has a high specification and enough to withstand the heat of the way different mining with mobile phones that may explode
We are even going too far. Even ordinary PCs cannot even mine Bitcoin and some other altcoins again due to their increase in difficulty unless you want to mine some promising altcoins and save them up for the future, hoping you can get something tangible in return from their value as time goes on. If you want to mine now, just stick with mining hardware.
Gameflip ICO

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 04:43:36 PM

Would you be interested in a cryptocurrency with its own blockchain that can easily be mined on both android and iOS phones?

I would, but for now mining on mobile phones is not available.
omerchip

Activity: 268
Merit: 109

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2017, 05:26:48 PM

There are some ICO for that.i cant remember its name but they using phone for mining.i think it can be work but how they solve the charge problem i using iphone 6 and i cant even play game,how could i make mining

Similificator

Activity: 882
Merit: 403

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:45:26 PM

of course will be great thing when you get btc from your phone

That would be really nice. I agree.

But the thing is, mobile phones are not meant for mining obviously. And doing this to a mobile phone would be like throwing your phone away. Because clearly, mining with your phone will literally destroy it. Plus, high end mobile phones these days are way too expensive to risk for mining. Better if you mine with a pc which can be way cheaper than mining with your mobile phone.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 05:59:36 PM

of course will be great thing when you get btc from your phone

That would be really nice. I agree.

But the thing is, mobile phones are not meant for mining obviously. And doing this to a mobile phone would be like throwing your phone away. Because clearly, mining with your phone will literally destroy it. Plus, high end mobile phones these days are way too expensive to risk for mining. Better if you mine with a pc which can be way cheaper than mining with your mobile phone.

Mining with a PC is risky it will burn our processor very soon, and we can lose our desktop or laptop. In that, if we mine in mobiles means it's just waste of money. 100% we will lose our mobile phones. To mine coins my suggestion is better for GPU mining, this is bit expensive, but it is safe.
2Pac

Activity: 749
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 07:30:27 PM

Mining should require high specifications to get great results and I know mobile phones do not have it too. And it's only owned by computers. I think mining via mobile phone is not very affective and just make your mobile phone is broken.

i agree.
mining on mobile phones might be possible and maybe this way is easier for some users but i don't prefer because this way is not safe, comfortable and pleasantable for me. The mobile phones don't seem like adequate in this case as PC.

WISDOMSEEKER

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 24, 2017, 09:32:37 PM

how can it be done when even a powerful pc can't provide a good profit?
Ar1st0

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:24:58 AM

I Think this's impossible, because in mobile have limited specification and even in process of mining you couldn't shut off your mobile. In the end your phone will crash because of over heat and you just waste your time and money. Even PC sometimes couldn't provide you a profit because you need to maintain the hardware.
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2017, 04:29:56 AM

Well this i foreseen that it might have a replies stating Electroneum and yea Tongue

Guess in the current crypto scene, Electroneum might be the #1 for mobile mining, just wait till 1st of November, we will see
fedor3327

Activity: 644
Merit: 523

Passionate about Crypto

View Profile
October 25, 2017, 04:30:45 AM

Yes - this will be possible very soon. I invested into easyMINE.io for this very reason. The ICO just ended.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 75 »
  Print  

Jump to: