Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:29:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121806 times)
Andreas_CoinTracking

Activity: 821
Merit: 46

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2020, 08:45:58 AM

We are just as surprised by this import as you were. We are trying to remedy this situation as best and as fast as we can. There was no communication from Bittrex that they would suddenly import these old withdrawal transactions.

For now, please reverse the last Bittrex import. You can do this via the "Enter Coins page", if you click on "Bulk Edit/Delete" button. Select "Bittrex" and then as conditions "delete transactions by import/add date" and select the last 24 hours of import. See this FAQ for reference here: "Bulk Edit/Delete - Instructions" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000032637?lang=en)

This will erase all those added transactions. To avoid re-import please enter a start date of today for the API, so no more past transactions are imported. How to set a start date to API jobs is described here: "Create and delete API Import Job" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000031154?lang=en)

Please create backup of your data beforehand and regularly as described here: "Create backup, restore or export your account data" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000031008-create-backup-restore-or-export-your-account-data/en)

We apologize for the inconvenience. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2020, 09:41:05 AM

Dear CoinTracking User. We would like to inform you about the following changes / improvements:

Partner Benefits
In order to add even more value to your CoinTracking subscription we’ve partnered with a wide variety of crypto services across the industry to bring you a series of exclusive deals, discounts and free cash + cryptos.
New deals are added weekly!
You can find all deals here: Account -> Partner Benefits

Tax Updates and Improvements
- New OPTI tax method for all countries that allow a tax optimized method (e.g. Austria, USA, etc.)
- Optional entry of personal data for PDF tax exports (e.g. name, address, tax number, etc.)

Updates and Improvements
Fixed coin allocation and historical prices for RLC, CRV, XRT, ATOM, ATOM2, SETH, SETH2, CSOUL, SOUL and SOUL2
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2020, 11:28:50 AM

Dear CoinTracking User. We would like to inform you about the following changes / improvements:

ETH Wallet Import Updates
- Support for DEX trades
- Support for ETH swap trades (exchange one token for multiple tokens)
- Skip fees for failed ETH transactions if 'import ETH fees' is not set

Improved exports
Completely revised exports (Excel, CSV and PDF) for a much easier management of exported data in programs like Excel, Numbers, Google Tables, etc.
The following exports have been adapted:
- Realized and unrealized gains (all 3 tables)
- Current balance
- Daily balance
- Balance by currency (all tables)

Updates and Improvements
- Update of the Bittrex fees which in some cases were not imported correctly for sell orders
- Fix for Bittrex duplicates
- Update for FTX deposits via the FTX API

- Updated Coinbase CSV Import instructions because of Coinbase website changes
- Updated SOL (Solana) prices
- Polkadot Ticker Update:
+ DOT = Polkadot old (before price change)
+ DOT2 = Polkadot new (after price change)
+ DOT3 = Dotcoin

- Optimized layout of all 'filter boxes' for tables and smartphones
- Fixed 'issuance' token transactions for the ETH Wallet import
- Fixed 'call' transactions for the ETH Wallet import

DemocraticRepublicOfDave

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2020, 05:35:39 PM

Hi there,

I see there are advanced transactions "Derivative / Futures Profits", "Derivatives / Futures Loss", but I can't find any documentation to explain how they work.

Could you point me in the direction of the documentation please?

I have a few put/calls on deribit, but they csv import as Loss and Income, which I don't believe is correct for UK tax rules.

Thanks,

Dave
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2020, 07:32:35 PM

Dave, I would suggest if you have an account already to check this one individually. Please reach out to us via our Ticket tool within your account or sending an E-Mail to support@cointracking.info and add your account username there. Thank you.
Derivates (Futures/Margins) are imported as PnL (results only of those future/margin transactions and not the trades itself) if the exchanges do provide those data (as most do).
theratears

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 02:16:05 AM

Has there been any updates on cointracking working correctly with dexes (uniswap etc) and metamask? i'm still not getting my purchases being picked up correctly
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2020, 09:31:42 AM

@theratears.

We do support import of all of your DEX trades when you use our ETH Wallet API (https://cointracking.info/import/eth_address/).

See my post from September 6th here as well regarding "ETH Wallet Import Updates".

You have to delete all ETH transactions first and and re-import them again enabling the DEX trade slider within your ETH Wallet API Job.

See this FAQs for reference here:
"Bulk Edit/Delete - Instructions" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000032637?lang=en)
"Create and delete API Import Job" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000031154?lang=en)
Please create backup of your data beforehand and regularly as described here: "Create backup, restore or export your account data" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000031008-create-backup-restore-or-export-your-account-data/en)

If it does not work afterwards please reach out to us via our Ticket tool within your account or sending an E-Mail to support@cointracking.info and add your account username there. Thank you.
Plenty

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 01:49:05 PM

Hi,

Yesterday, I claimed my 400 $UNI (Uniswap) airdropped governance tokens through the Uniswap web3site.  
I confirmed on Etherescan that my tokens were sent to my address, but CT does not show the airdrop....
I understand you have now "added support for DEXs"....BUT....last year CT picked up an ETH transaction for an obscure token I obtained on Uniswap V1, so it would seem that the DEX Univswap V1 already works with CT.  Is this true?

Regarding your post about importing DEXs - can you provide a list of all of the current DEXs you support?  Why is this not just in the drop-down menu for "Enter Coins", "Exchange API's", and then the DEX is added  It would seem that your current method to add DEXs would cause me (or anyone) to delete 1000's of non-DEX trades.  Even with a backup....re-adding them would destroy a whole lot of "comments" section notes that have painstakingly been entered already for the associated DEX-ETH addresses used for non-DEX transactions.

Also,

1) There is already a token called "Universe" using the $UNI coin/token nomenclature.  Is this causing a conflict for CT not picking up the UNISWAP "UNI" token transaction?

What do you think is happening?

Thanks in advance for your response.

@theratears.

We do support import of all of your DEX trades when you use our ETH Wallet API (https://cointracking.info/import/eth_address/).

See my post from September 6th here as well regarding "ETH Wallet Import Updates".

You have to delete all ETH transactions first and and re-import them again enabling the DEX trade slider within your ETH Wallet API Job.

See this FAQs for reference here:
"Bulk Edit/Delete - Instructions" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000032637?lang=en)
"Create and delete API Import Job" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000031154?lang=en)

If it does not work afterwards please reach out to us via our Ticket tool within your account or sending an E-Mail to support@cointracking.info and add your account username there. Thank you.
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2020, 01:58:16 PM

@Plenty.
Please reach out to us via our Ticket tool within your account or sending an E-Mail to support@cointracking.info and add your account username there. Thank you.

Uniswap is using ticker UNI2 at CoinTracking. So a renaming of the ticker into UNI2 is needed after the import - see FAQ "Entering / Editing Renamed or Re-branded Coins (e.g. ANS and NEO)" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/a/solutions/articles/29000018053?lang=en).
We are working on the topic already that all UNISWAP token recently added to CMC our price source are imported everywhere by default as UNI2.

We do support all DEX trades on ETH Wallets via our API. There is no such list available.

Possibly we find a solution here to support you regarding the comments of your ETH addresses within your ticket.
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2020, 03:09:18 PM

Updates and Improvements
- Support for Crypto.com Coin Swaps
- Support for tax-free transactions for the Gate.io CSV import
- Support for staking and interest transactions for the Coinbase API import
- Fix for expenses in Coinbase CSV imports
- Fix for the FBAR tax report, which in some cases took very long to generate

- Updates of the Kraken API and CSV import:
Support for internal 'adjustment' transactions, staking and missing KFEE fees on some margin trades.
Due to a change at Kraken, staking transactions between CSV and API imports are no longer compatible.

- Updates of the Huobi import:
Import of all deposits and withdrawals (to time limit) and trades of the last 60 days (this is currently the maximum period allowed by Huobi).
Huobi fees in a third currency are now imported as 'Other fee' and no longer as 'Loss'.
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2020, 09:02:28 AM

Updates and Improvements

- Poloniex CSV import for 'distributions'
- Poloniex support for fees in a third currency
- Fixed fees for the Exodus import
- Support for Electrum import fees
- Support new and old CSV formats for the Abra import
- Outgoing transactions to Bitpanda Pro are now correctly imported for Bitpanda CSV imports
- Fix for staking in Kraken CSV and API imports + better detection of new Kraken transaction types

- New Blockchain imports: ADA, DASH, DOGE, LTC and ZEC
- Support for the new Kraken API and CSV format
- Support for the new Gemini CSV format
- Acceleration of BTC and ETH wallet imports
- Fix for Gate.io cancelled orders
- Fix for HitBTC deposits and withdrawals
- Fix for Crypto.com fees

- New EOS Blockchain import
- Support for new Kraken CSV files (exported after 10. Oct. 2020) and for all old Kraken CSVs (exported before 10. Oct. 2020)
SCMining

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 12:35:25 PM

Hello

After this update the numbers reported are completely off when I run a Realized & Unrealized gain and loss report. I have confirmed manually that the previous numbers were correct, the numbers now are way off. Previously my cost per unit for ETH was $93.05, now its showing as $459.08. I have similar inaccuracies for all my holdings.

Please advise.

Thanks

Updates and Improvements

- Poloniex CSV import for 'distributions'
- Poloniex support for fees in a third currency
- Fixed fees for the Exodus import
- Support for Electrum import fees
- Support new and old CSV formats for the Abra import
- Outgoing transactions to Bitpanda Pro are now correctly imported for Bitpanda CSV imports
- Fix for staking in Kraken CSV and API imports + better detection of new Kraken transaction types

- New Blockchain imports: ADA, DASH, DOGE, LTC and ZEC
- Support for the new Kraken API and CSV format
- Support for the new Gemini CSV format
- Acceleration of BTC and ETH wallet imports
- Fix for Gate.io cancelled orders
- Fix for HitBTC deposits and withdrawals
- Fix for Crypto.com fees

- New EOS Blockchain import
- Support for new Kraken CSV files (exported after 10. Oct. 2020) and for all old Kraken CSVs (exported before 10. Oct. 2020)
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 12:54:47 PM

We have updated the gains page and decided to not include that "include deposit and withdrawal" button anymore because many users activated it and then unmatched transactions were masked and not corrected. If the data is correct and matched, the gains page and the dashboard totals will both be correct.

Please have a look at the Missing Transactions page (https://cointracking.info/missing_transactions.php) and this article to start correcting the data: "White entries (no match) in Missing Transactions Report" (https://cointracking.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/29000033710-white-entries-no-match-in-missing-transactions-report)

If you still have questions please reach out to us via our Ticket tool within your account or sending an E-Mail to support@cointracking.info and add your account username there. Thank you.
SCMining

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:04:19 PM

PLEASE consider giving that option back to users, why take it away if it works for some? I have been using the product for years and if this is how it will be going forward, I will have to look for another product. I would have to go back through years of data to fix all this when I already had it the way I wanted it.

Please give me some other solution, there would be no way for me to go back and fix the hundreds of entries I have had to make over the years to correct for situations the product could not handle at the time.

Please consider adding this button back or give users a way to select it as an option?

Thanks

Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 01:18:11 PM

The button was used by many to mask actual issues in the account. To avoid this in the future we have now discontinued the button so that discrepancies become immediately apparent and don't fester until a tax report is due.
SCMining

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 01:28:19 PM

Well then a little notice should have been given so users had time to understand what was coming and make plans. Not pull the rug from under us. Some like me do not use the tax reports. I know that is a huge feature going forward but some of us don't use it.

I understand why you did it and its probably a great thing for new users but not for guys like me who have been using it for years and have had to make a lot of entries to keep things straight, its a terrible decision.

The button was used by many to mask actual issues in the account. To avoid this in the future we have now discontinued the button so that discrepancies become immediately apparent and don't fester until a tax report is due.
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
October 30, 2020, 05:30:08 PM

@SCMining
This is the link to the old gains page: https: //cointracking.info/gains_old.php
We will place a warning there as we do recommend fixing the missing transactions even if you are not using tax reports. Otherwise the results on any report might be wrong.
fonebook

Activity: 1

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 04:15:22 PM

A quick question about staking: Cointracking accurately tracks XTZ staking rewards on Kraken but they don't show up in my balance even after I unstake everything (they do show up in the "unsold positions" in the tax report). Is this intended or am I missing something?
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2020, 06:41:56 PM

If you did not sell them there are part of your "unsold positions".
And once they are coming in as "staking" (=income transaction type) they are listed on the Income report as part of your tax report.

To check your account individually please reach out to us via our Ticket tool within your account or sending an E-Mail to support@cointracking.info and add your account username there. Thank you.
Andreas_CoinTracking

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2020, 04:52:16 PM

New features in the report: Realized and unrealized gains
The report on realized and unrealized gains has been completely revised and supports from now on:
- all 12 tax methods (FIFO, LIFO, AVCO, HMRC...)
- optimized Excel, CSV and PDF exports
- precise calculation of start and end times in the filter to the second
- consideration of all previous transactions when using start and end times
- significantly faster calculation of all profits/losses

Crypto.com as new payment provider
As of now, CoinTracking account upgrades can also be purchased with the Crypto.com App or in CRO-Tokens (in addition to purchases with more than 50 supported Coins, PayPal, Credit Card, Google Pay or via Bank Transfer).

Updates and Improvements
- New OKEX API import
- New CSV import for Zerion

- Support for the new HitBTC CSV format
- Improved ETH DEX imports
- Abra CSV import now also imports interest
- Updates on the FTX PnL converter
- ETH Wallets added to Live Balance View
- Bitpanda Pro CSV update for withdrawals fees
- Rewards/Bonuses can now be imported at all supported exchanges
- Update of the Bitstamp API with support for all new coins and better import of fees

- Improved HMRC Excel exports
- Fixed the percentage values in the 'Daily Balance' if the previous value is 0
- All wallet addresses and Xpubs now link to the Block Explorer view
- Negative signs are now automatically removed for all numbers on the Enter Coins page

- Fix for table sorting by date for all users who have chosen a custom and non-standard date format
- Not valid transactions are now automatically skipped and highlighted as a warning in the CoinTracking CSV import
- In addition to a 'Label', all wallet imports can now also have a 'Exchange/Wallet name' assigned. This simplifies the overview for accounts with several wallets and offers new possibilities for filtering and sorting data
Pages: « 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 [88] 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: