Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:25:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121829 times)
hukaze

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 07:37:22 PM

DLT is incorrectly showing as Delta not Agrello.. How to get this info in front of someone that can fix..?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
adopsio

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 09:21:45 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I looked for an answer to my question in the thread but I didn't find what I was looking for.

I just bought the 1 year subscription and setting the API (Bittrex, Binance and KuCoin) gave me a lot of issues; I started again and now I'm in an acceptable situation (small discrepancies).

The real problem I've is that KuCoin APIs don't work: did anyone here manage to make it work properly? This is what I get when I enter APIs details:

https://ibb.co/gCGDU6

Thanks!
muchotaco

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:33:34 AM

Hi everyone, I'm new here and I looked for an answer to my question in the thread but I didn't find what I was looking for.

I just bought the 1 year subscription and setting the API (Bittrex, Binance and KuCoin) gave me a lot of issues; I started again and now I'm in an acceptable situation (small discrepancies).

The real problem I've is that KuCoin APIs don't work: did anyone here manage to make it work properly? This is what I get when I enter APIs details:

Thanks!

KuCoin's API has full permissions to trade,withdrawl.     Therefore cointracking's site requires you setup the job and then run it manually
only after you provide it the secret key.     

That being said - I tried it and it didn't work.  So you may have to do CSV import on that for now.     
Since this is Cryptoworld you probably should not enter kucoin api keys anyways since they do have full access.

Good luck.
Sprucemoose78

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:14:01 AM

I'm struggling to understand the difference between "counterpart prices", "transaction prices" and "best prices" to do my taxes. The discrepancy between these three modes are extreme. If I use the "best prices" option, my UDST gain is close to zero, but if I choose the "counterpart prices", I have a huge negative gain in USDT (equivalent to 1000 real USD). I've only used USDT as a means to buy and sell other cryptos, never holding USDT for more than a couple of minutes. And I haven't done many trades either. So why is the gain calculation so different between the modes?

And what is the real gain I should use for my taxes? My realized gain is 25% lower with "counterpart prices" compared to "best prices"  Huh
phatpat

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:29:00 PM

Hi,

I am trying to import my coinbase transaction history and I am getting this error.
"Error: We couldn't find a timestamp. This trade will not be imported."

I do not know why as my file does have timestamps. For example:
29/11/2017 23:50

I also tried changing to date format in file:
29/11/2017

Thanks in advance for your help.
alchemy20

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:49:05 PM

I don't see where to enter lost and stolen coins for tax purposes.
m1bxd

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:19:40 PM

Two questions if anybody can answer them.

The Pro license, I presume the 3,500 transaction is in one tax year because you can wipe the profile and start again?

How is the system for handling UK tax regime, can anyone give me any pointer to their set up, changing the tax year start date is straightforward but what about other stuff that does not seem obvious?

Cheers
spiketyson

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 01:33:21 AM

I am trying to upload an excel form but the balances are way off.  Looking at the sample from the site, I can not determine what I am doing wrong and have tried several variations.  Can you please explain exactly what goes in the BUY and SELL Fields as well as the quantities associated with each.   For example, I assumed if I bought XVG with BTC, then the BUY coin would be XVG and the sell would be BTC.   I tried both ways to be fair, but when I go to my account balance page, the BTC balance for all my transactions is astronomical.   It doesn't seem to be tracking when I buy and sell BTC.
ryan600

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 05:03:39 AM

Someone has prob had this answered already.  Sorry if this is a double post. 

I'm getting my ETH double counted some how.  All the other coins are correct.  I'm wondering if its due to ICO transfers? I've checked under the Reporting pulldown, Double-Entry list and cant seem to figure it out.  I'm probably overlooking something obvious.

Ryan Huh
HoundyCoin

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:25:26 PM

Hi All,

Loving the tracker Smiley.

I am slightly confused as what to do with Fiat (especially with regard to taxes report).

I mostly bought my initial coins on Coinbase and LocalBitcoins, but also did some SEPA transfers. If I were to enter these in manual, how should I do it?

For example, in coinbase my purchase of ETH using a card was created as a trade (which results in minus GBP on my account).
My SEPA trade however, counts as a deposit (So is not minus).

Should I be allowing the minus values, because it is "spend" from my own funds or should I leave it as a deposit. Similar question for when I sold. I sold it for GBP into my own bank account, should this count as + GBP onto my balances or should it just be as if I had withdrawn it?

Hope my question makes sense.

In short: Should I be putting fiat deposits into my accounts from my bank account as deposits, or as trades (so should the fiat count as plus or minus). Should I be putting the fiat withdrawals into my own bank account as withdrawals or as spends (again, should it just remove it from my account, or should it count as minus).

Thank you!
dwil

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:28:38 PM

Hello,

I could not find an answer to this anywhere, so perhaps there  is someone else who has explored it.

I want to track sells by lot for tax purposes, in other words, not just FIFO or LIFO, but I want to specify which buy batch/group/lot is going into a sell. I control the process by emptying my Coinbase wallet into my Coinbase vault, buying crypto, and then selling/moving out the coins I just bought from the wallet. (This avoids having to declare profits on coins I just bought).

Does anyone know of a way to do that with Cointracking or have a workaround? I see that it is possible to specify the purchase price, but if I take that route I lose the internal tracking that Cointracking does.

Thanks.
SteelHead

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 06:49:37 PM

Finally got my CT Binance portfolio mostly straightened out.
I did a 100% trade bulk delete and set the API with my 48 trading pairs (a hassle for sure) and let the API reload.

Caution! Binance only holds 3 months of your prior trades so if you have older trades, DONT DELETE THEM.

This problem ended up being 99% a Binance side issue.

Back to loving my CT program  Wink Grin Grin
There

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 11:59:46 PM

Will you add support for Bibox API?
moonshoot

Activity: 73
Merit: 51

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 12:18:32 AM

I bought an unlimited subscription, and then discovered that one of the coins I'm holding is not supported in your wallet import. At the bottom it says:

"We are using a Multi-Blockchain-API to import coins on the Altcoin Wallet Import page.
New coins will be added weekly, but please note, that we do not have any influence on the listed coins and we can not add specific coins on request into the Altcoin Wallet Import."

Can you tell me who does maintain the API, and how a coin can be requested? Your service would be much more useful if I could import my wallet addresses.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ( P H O R E . i o ) ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Delivering Blockchain Technology To The Real World
SKAHYA

Activity: 57

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:22:34 AM

Is there a way to see market cap of the coins we hold (ie our portfolio on CoinTracking)? I mean an easy way, instead of looking them up one by one.
Cementhead43

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:45:21 AM

Is there an app out there to use for tax purposes? Or only the website. Also, for binance and bitfinex is the only way to go back more than 3 months to manually import each transaction? Or is there a better way?
Thanks for any info
MosPlat

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 02:18:59 PM

Some of our new features, we have worked on and released the last few weeks. Enjoy Smiley

New Imports:
- Bitfinex (supports now Orders and Margin Trades)

Hi Dario,

Thanks for making this website.  I purchased a 1 year license the other day to help me do my taxes for 2017.  I have been margin trading on bitfinex this year, and when I import my bitfinex trades, I get a wildely inaccurate balance of my current coin holdings.  This makes me think that something is wrong with the bitfinex import and margin trades.

Dont you also need to import the wallet reports from bitfinex to match all the margin fees that are taken out daily?  I think this is counted separately from the trade fee column in the trade report.

I'm really hoping we can get this sorted out because I have a massive headache on my hands right now.  I cant seem to find a service that works for importing bitfinex margin trade data.

I sent an email to your support but thought Id post here as well...

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I got the same issues with Bitfinex margin trades. Did you get a reply from support?
Redgilla

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 07:54:28 PM

Hi,

First of all, loving the software, it has been a major source of relief in helping me to track my portfolio.

I tried searching through the forum to see if my question has been answered but I was unable to find anything. As a UK citizen I want to ensure my trades and balances are stated in GBP. I sold some coins for EUR however I don't feel the EUR is being converted into GBP correctly. For example on 07/01/2018 I can see a EUR/GBP rate of 0.90089720 for one of my sales. In GBP/EUR terms this is 1.11. Every source I have looked at provides a rate of around 1.1279/1.1277. This is quite a big difference especially when big sums are involved.

Can you let me know what source is used to generate the FX rates in Cointracking, and if there is any plan on getting the FX rate more in line?

Also is there any planned work to get the software fit for the UK tax regime? I've done a bit of reading up on it and it seems a bit more complicated then using LIFO/FIFO/AVCO etc. There is a concept of a S.104 pool.

Thanks
wKiV7378U

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 11, 2018, 09:55:29 PM

Some of our new features, we have worked on and released the last few weeks. Enjoy Smiley

New Imports:
- Bitfinex (supports now Orders and Margin Trades)

Hi Dario,

Thanks for making this website.  I purchased a 1 year license the other day to help me do my taxes for 2017.  I have been margin trading on bitfinex this year, and when I import my bitfinex trades, I get a wildely inaccurate balance of my current coin holdings.  This makes me think that something is wrong with the bitfinex import and margin trades.

Dont you also need to import the wallet reports from bitfinex to match all the margin fees that are taken out daily?  I think this is counted separately from the trade fee column in the trade report.

I'm really hoping we can get this sorted out because I have a massive headache on my hands right now.  I cant seem to find a service that works for importing bitfinex margin trade data.

I sent an email to your support but thought Id post here as well...

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I got the same issues with Bitfinex margin trades. Did you get a reply from support?

I actually got a reply from their support today.  Took around 3 days to hear back, but it said to expect that kind of wait time right on their website for this type of question due to overloading.

But good news, apparently last night they added the ability to import everything from bitfinex through the API, including margin trades and what cointracking is calling profits/losses (credit payments)!!  Not 100% sure what that means... but it looks like they are now trying to support all the data on bitfinex instead of just exchange data.

Now, I've tried the import with the API and it doesnt seem to be importing anything right now.  Imports are at 0.  I tried importing twice now and it still reads Imports: 0 in the bitfinex job item on their website.  I have on the order of tens of thousands of trades from my trading bot, so I am going to let this 2nd import sit for a while because maybe they are just slow to process it all.

If I dont see any results come through in a few hours, Ill shoot an email back to the support team to let them know it doesnt seem to be working for me.  Hopefully they can get this sorted out, because if they actually were able to cook this up, it will be a true life saver for me and my accounting.
texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 12, 2018, 05:56:59 AM

Is there any way to auto import Ark wallets without having to do manually? It seems that the supported wallets are all old stuff.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: