Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:21:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121747 times)
nazdrovie

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2017, 06:00:31 PM

Hey guys,

Got

You have been BLOCKED because of evil or suspicious bot behavior.
If you are a human, please let us know and we will unlock you immediately.

Send us a short message on one of the following pages, so we can unlock you:

When I try to visit your site. Can you unlock me please
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dario3000 (OP)

Activity: 760
Merit: 516

CoinTracking - Crypto Portfolio & Tax Management

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2017, 11:35:23 PM

@1MExpodingSuns:
We are already working on an ACB method for the tax calculation and it will be released next month.

@Daled12:
1) Let's say you trade 1 ETH for 400 USD.
This case is easy, because we already know the value in USD ($400)

2) Let's say you trade 1 ETH for 0.05 BTC
In this case the "Best price" method will convert the BTC price into USD at the time of the transaction.

3) And if you trade 1 ETH for 5 LTC, the "Best price" method will convert the ask currency (ETH) into USD.

@hgmichna:
I know that I have already answered this question here a few months ago, but I just can not find the post.
So let me try it again Smiley

It is possible to take HD wallets into account for the tax calculation with the "filter" setting.
You can assign a "Trade-Group" to all trades, which have been moved to your HD wallet and exclude them from the calculation.
The "Trade-Group" can be for example the BTC address.

Some BTC wallets do provide the fee, but unfortunately not all of them.
But we are working on an update for the BTC wallet import, which will be able to handle all fees.

@nazdrovie:
If an IP hits the server too often it will be blocked for a short time.
I have cleared the list of blocked IPs and it should work again for you.

Best,
Dario

CoinTracking.info - Your Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Calculator for all Digital Currencies
Simply the best way to track your digital assets accurately. Get live data for more than 5000 coins, assets and commodities. Track Gains & Balances from all your exchanges and wallets.
Need help? CoinTracking FAQ
hgmichna

Activity: 695
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 10:36:33 AM

Dario,

thanks for the explanation! I will try to test the method. I have not fully understood it, but I hope I will when actually using CoinTracking.

Does CoinTracking actually add up the holding times? If, for example, I buy coins on an exchange, send some of them to my wallet, later back to an exchange and even later sell them, there are three holding times to add together. Does CoinTracking do that?

If I could have a wish for future improvement, please let CoinTracking import HD wallet transactions and automatically match them with exchange transactions. As far as I can see, auto-matching is technically possible.
drhus

Activity: 11

View Profile
November 09, 2017, 09:41:09 PM

what about ENS names? I've added ETH wallet that has possitive balance and some ENS names (while i used the wallet for bidding on ENS) now the wallet on CoinTracking showing massive negative balance
xypos

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 08:58:53 AM

Would it be possible to start tracking preciosu metals such as XAG and XAU, alongside with fiat investments as well? I think these are the features that are lacking in most crypto portfolio trackers at this time since a lot of crypto holders have investments in forex and precious metals as well.

Also, i see that there is a guarantee on the lifetime contract saying that you'll be able to get the full source code if the site decides to close. In the event of the site closing in the middle of a say, 2 year subscription, will consideration be given to these blokes as well for the source code?
hgmichna

View Profile
November 12, 2017, 01:53:23 PM

Would it be possible to start tracking preciosu metals such as XAG and XAU …

I second this. A prime example is Vaultoro, an exchange that trades bitcoin only for gold and vice versa.

It may not even require much of a code change, as the behavior of gold or other raw materials is not different from that of an altcoin.
Bermuda666

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 13, 2017, 08:15:33 AM

@hgmichna
- Yes, you should just give it a try.
It's very easy to separate data in different reports and analyses with our group feature, just as my colleague wrote.
If you are facing problems and need detailed information for your individual case, please open up a ticket so we can help you the best way possible.

- The holding period is considered, even if you sent funds back and forth between different destinations.

- We hope we are able to implement such a functionality for HD Wallets in the future. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

@drhus
- I guess the problem here, is that the ETH Wallet import does not import internal transactions, yet.
It's easy to find them on Blockexplorers like Ethplorer.io and to import them either manually, or with one of our "Bulk Imports"
This is pretty convenient and should equal your balance. Please give it a try.

@xypos
- We already enable our users to add precious metals to their portfolio and to use all our reports and analyses in order to track them.
It's very easy to enter assets like Gold, Silver and many more on our "Enter Coins" page.
Please take a look at it.

- We give lifelong guarantees to users with a Lifetime UNLIMITED plan only.

Best regards,
Keven
Cointracking Support

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
- Now over 20% Discount on our Lifetime plans (Limited Time)
- 5% Discount when paying in Bitcoin, plus an additional 10% Discount on all plans by using this link: bit.ly/rebate-ct
reddon

Activity: 10

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 08:28:03 AM

Have something with realized Gain and Loss i don't understand:

Yesterday i did some trades between BTC and BCH (with overall loss, but thats not the story here ;-) )
I imported all (Bitfinix) trades into cointracking.

Under "Realized Gain / Loss for all Sales" it lists all Sell-Parts of the trades and the corresponding Gain/Loss. In fact it is no Sell but just a trade.

Second thing i don't get:

Under "Total unrealized and realized Gain / Loss each Currency" it accumulates all Gains from the list and says i have a huge realized gain. It does not even take all the Losses into account...
hgmichna

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 10:33:30 AM

- The holding period is considered, even if you sent funds back and forth between different destinations.

- We hope we are able to implement such a functionality for HD Wallets in the future. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. …

Thanks! I begin to understand how CoinTracking works. One thought is that CoinTracking could check whether coins are only moved between different wallets and warn the user if she mistakenly labels such a movement as a purchase or sale.

As to HD wallets like Mycelium, CoinTracking could import a CSV file, pick out the addresses, and process each one just like a single-address wallet. For those wallets that have a built-in buy and sell functionality, that would have to be dealt with separately.

All other information in a wallet CSV file could be used to match coin movements from and to other wallets, which CoinTracking currently does not do, as far as I understand.

- We already enable our users to add precious metals to their portfolio and to use all our reports and analyses in order to track them.
It's very easy to enter assets like Gold, Silver and many more on our "Enter Coins" page.
Please take a look at it. …

I feel stupid. Should have checked that. Thanks again!

I think Vaultoro currently has no  CSV or other export, so users have to copy the displayed tables and do a lot of manual reformatting. I guess though that Vaultoro will add an export function, hopefully soon.
SteelHead

Activity: 17

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 11:20:29 AM

Is anyone having a problem with BITTREX API info?
I can't seem to get accurate info into CT.
API set up as "READ ONLY" as only box checked
I am showing a small amount of BTC & BCC but none of my other trades or tokens. These transactions ARE less than 30 days old.
HELP!

BINANCE info seems to be skewed slightly but I'll stick to REX issue first.
KelvinatorNL

Activity: 38

View Profile
November 13, 2017, 07:18:31 PM

Dear Dev-team,

Can you please adjust the price of EPY before it got published on CMC?
Somehow it shows since the 9th of sept it's valued more than 40 euro's/coin while this coin wasn't even released yet at that time.
The actual value at the moment is around 0.03-0.04 usd which is correctly shown on cointracking.
bitbullbarbados

Activity: 179
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2017, 03:39:29 PM

Has anyone been able to successfully pull history from the Yobit API? I've recreated the API keys several times to no avail.
Yobit support sucks so I can get no help from that side. And they don't have any other 'export' capabilities. All history is in an image format.
vingaard
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 16, 2017, 10:28:36 PM

One of the best (WTF... it is the BEST) internet portfolio I've ever seen.

Great job devs!!
Bermuda666

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2017, 08:03:07 AM

@reddon
- Everytime you execute a trade it is always a buy and a sell of an asset.
For example if you buy 1 BTC for 8000 USD, you buy 1 BTC and sell 8000 USD in exchange.

- The first table displays the accumulated values and takes into account both, gains and losses.
In the second and third table, you are able to see how these values come together.
For detailed information in your individual case, please open up a ticket.

@hgmichna
- Wallets only contain deposit and withdrawal information.

- I guess you are referring to the wording in our system.
We always use the terms "buy" and "sell" in our software, also for deposits and withdrawals,
because all transactions are always an inflow, or an outflow and we need to use consistent names.

- Sure we already provide a CSV import for some Wallets. For example for Mycelium. It is possible to reflect your current holdings after using it.

- It's a misunderstanding. If you add all data for every address, our system recognizes the transactions between two destinations.
For example you have added Wallet A with all transactions and Wallet B with all transactions, all movements between these sources are already taken into account.

@SteelHead
- It is necessary to first use the Bittrex CSV import and after that to setup the API job. You need to do it in this order. (See note on import page)
Please delete your Bittrex data on the Enter Coins page and start from scratch, by following the steps. This should solve the issue.

- Binance does not provide the fee data in their API, you need to add it to the total amounts, or you could bundle and enter them as one deposit.

@KelvinatorNL
- I have added it to our list and we will change it soon. Thanks for the information.

@bitbullbarbados
- We know each other from our support desk. Unfortunately it is true, that Yobit provides really poor export functionalities and that we can't do much about it.
If the API key works, it only pulls the last 7 days of your transaction history, without fees, deposits and withdrawals.
Seems like the only way is to enter the data manually. Sorry for the inconvenience.

@vingaard
- Thank you for the compliment. We are glad you like our software. Smiley

All the best,
Keven
Cointracking Support

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
- Now over 20% Discount on our Lifetime plans (Limited Time)
- 5% Discount when paying in Bitcoin, plus an additional 10% Discount on all plans by using this link: bit.ly/rebate-ct
hgmichna

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 09:49:54 AM

@hgmichna
- Wallets only contain deposit and withdrawal information.

- I guess you are referring to the wording in our system.
We always use the terms "buy" and "sell" in our software, also for deposits and withdrawals,
because all transactions are always an inflow, or an outflow and we need to use consistent names.

- Sure we already provide a CSV import for some Wallets. For example for Mycelium. It is possible to reflect your current holdings after using it.

- It's a misunderstanding. If you add all data for every address, our system recognizes the transactions between two destinations.
For example you have added Wallet A with all transactions and Wallet B with all transactions, all movements between these sources are already taken into account.

Thanks for your first-class support!

The longer I work with CoinTracking, the better I understand it and the more I like it. It is rare to see a computer program that is well thought-out and covers all the needs of the user. So far CoinTracking looks like this to me. You even thought of time zone corrections for foreign exchanges, to give just one example.
hgmichna

View Profile
November 17, 2017, 04:31:34 PM

And here comes the next question.  Smiley

In the table "Balance By Day - All currencies value by day in BTC" I expected to see my total bitcoin holdings on each day. However, the figures are too high, because the exchange fees are not deducted.

How does this work? The fees have clearly been entered. I can see them in the overview table. Or, to put it differently, how can I check my actual coin holdings?
blickbox

Activity: 13

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 09:21:51 PM

I imported all transactions from all exchanges I used and all currencies show correctly. But EUR is listed with a 70% loss for some reason (I used EUR to buy all coins). This ruins the "sum/profit", so I want it gone. When I see the manual entries, I can't find any entry for EUR to delete. Anyone know what to do?

Also, is there no where to see a nice list of all coins, with average purchase price, and total gains? Something like this https://i.imgur.com/t3mBWxj.png
Like the screenshow I would like an easy overview of all coins, with the following data: Amount, Average purchase price, Current value, Current profit in percent and local currency. And at bottom the total value of all coins, and total profit in chosen currency.
razorseal

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 03:26:12 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2017, 04:20:40 PM by razorseal

So I imported CSV of my 1st BTC and LTC transfers...

however, the LTC import is showing me a negative USD balance. They're small 1st transactions I made.

BTC is for .01, LTC is for .297...

https://s18.postimg.org/86ys228jd/issue.png

How do I fix this?
Zrod

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 01:43:56 AM

I just reached the 200 trades. I was going to upgrade until I saw the ridiculous price. Wow, I'm doing the same thing now with BitcoinTaxes for a tenth of the cost.
razorseal

Activity: 60

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 03:48:38 AM

I just reached the 200 trades. I was going to upgrade until I saw the ridiculous price. Wow, I'm doing the same thing now with BitcoinTaxes for a tenth of the cost.

Yeah, it's ridiculously expensive if you want to upgrade. Such a nice software too... too bad.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: