Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:30:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 122 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinTracking - Profit/Loss Portfolio and Tax Reporting for Digital Currencies  (Read 121969 times)
krypt0n1

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

🔵 Brickblock.io - Future of Stock Trading

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 08:50:18 PM

Is anyone else having trouble using the Liqui.io API? I've already manually entered the deposits and withdrawals since these cannot be accessed with the software's API, but the trades should be importing. I've deleted the API access and created a new API key but it still is listing zero imports.

Any help/insight would be appreciated.
I have the same issue. Looks like the liqui api is not supported for now.

I ended up manually entering since I didn't have too many liqui trades.
However, depending on your trade size and technical skill, I found this post about an hour after I posted. He includes a link to the script he wrote to import the liqui trades.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/7oldza/just_spent_about_12_hours_figuring_out_my_tax/

jda009

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2018, 02:54:44 PM

Hi,

I am using pro version and trying to import transaction from Kucoin via API. I am always getting "Error: Signature verification failed" error for the last three days. Can anyone please shed some light on how to overcome this error?

~J
Onda_su_onda

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 12:31:01 AM

Kindly, I would like to use this call to the CoinTracking API in Excel:

$result = cointracking('getBalance');

better if you could make a quick video to put in your youtube channel, but any form of manual for the user would be welcome

Thank you for your kind attention
Pink Panther

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:16:51 AM

hi, can you please disable deps/withdrawals for binance
regards
FrankWatsonJr

Activity: 269

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 08:55:50 AM

I am interested in reviewing more of these tools for better UX

I will provide feedback when the time comes after I have done the full analysis with my Organizational audits
AltScope

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:08:18 AM

c'mon guys add XSN already

WickedPigeon

Activity: 345
Merit: 16

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 01:23:33 PM

How about getting Coin Market Cap to list it.

“How did you go bankrupt?” Bill asked.

“Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually and then suddenly.”
MrBender

Activity: 8

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 07:13:59 PM

Gee that forgotten password system totally blows. What if i forgot my username.. then i can't reset my password.. yikes.
hammerhart

Activity: 381
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:45:44 AM

So after supervising the tool for 1,2 month i deciced to buy it as well;)
The API is nice- but i am wondering if there is already a sample list (with example setups for each exchange) available somewhere to import manually from exchanges which are not supported so far:
I thereby have in mind:
Coinexchange.io
Coinsmarkets.com
https://stocks.exchange/

For exchanges like coinsmarkets one has obviously first copy the trades into a xls file before being somehow able to import them;) Anyone has a link/hint for me?

Same i was wondering if there was a list, whith import-examples, somewhere to add other altcoins-wallets, which are not supported by the AltcoinsImport at the moment. Thinking about Rain/condensate/Boat/aerium etc.

My last question is if there is a nice guide/recommendation how to best consider staking coins with the tool- e.g. Pool-staking, POS, or special tokens like DAY.

Thank you for your support.

on cointracking
import from excel file
download the template (CoinTracking_Excel_Import.xls)
input the trades
upload

Thanks - well i somehow hoped for a "excel" file where there is already some kind of data-transformations-formulas implemented to be compliant with the required cointracking-style (e.g. date/buy/sell-order) Wink

Anyhow I am doing it myself now - i am planning to share it here so other dont have to do the same again;) but be warned i am not a guy of nice optics XD

***Update***
So my taxes are done- much more than i thought i would be:/
I will publish the next days an excel-file with example code i used for some exchanges to only/mainly copy-past the transactions and then import with cointracking- if anyone has already something similar- ffeel free to drop a line and i can maybe add my examples;)

So all together,

i uploaded my file to convert exchange data to a cointrack-format:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kXmgfhlBVPDbpZ4dpg1ZcuyMC05S6kKeE3MMo9Vf85Q/edit#gid=242444363

Feel free to use on your own responsability. It was useful to me, maybe it is also useful for someone else- Even if it is just as a starting point for his own exchanges;)
llanaio

Activity: 58

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 12:13:11 AM

I have 30K+ txs that I'm importing into Unlimited. It's vexing because some APIs are unreliable (KuCoin) and many wallets are unsupported. When all -Qt wallets have the same essential format, why the hell does CoinTracking not have a dedicated importer for them? It's absolutely ridiculous!

I have created a process for transferring QT wallets into CoinTracking accepted Excel files (or CSV files). Sharing in case it's helpful to others. This is easy to implement as an Excel macro or just to do if you only have a few wallets to sync.

QT Wallet Export CSV -> CoinTracking Excel Import Macro

Import CSV file.

Request CoinName text from user.

Check CSV Col-A (Confirmed) and delete any rows <> TRUE.

Modify Date to text as “YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS” (use 24 hr time. If SS is blank add as 00) (If altering by hand, just find/replace "T" with " ".)

If CSV file Col-C (Type) = “Received with” then Output file Col-A (Type) == “Deposit”; Output Col-B (Buy Amount) == CSV Col-F (Amount); Output Col-C (Buy Cur.) == CoinName.

If CSV file Col-C (Type) = “Mined” then Output file Col-A (Type) == “Mining”; Output Col-B (Buy Amount) == CSV Col-F (Amount); Output Col-C (Buy Cur.) == CoinName.

If CSV file Col-C (Type) = “Sent to” then Output file Col-A (Type) == “Withdrawal”; Output Col-D (Sell Amount) == CSV Col-F (Amount); Output Col-E (Sell Cur.) == CoinName.

If CSV file Col-C (Type) = “Payment to yourself” then Output file Col-A (Type) == “Transfer”; Output Col-B (Buy Amount) == 0; Output Col-C (Buy Cur.) == CoinName; Output Col-D (Sell Amount) == 0; Output Col-E (Sell Cur.) == CoinName; Output Col-F (Fee Amount) == CSV Col-F (Amount); Output Col-G (Fee Cur.) == CoinName.

Output file Col-H == CoinName+“ wallet”; Output Col-J (Comment) == CSV Col-D (Label).

moonshoot

Activity: 73
Merit: 51

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:55:47 AM

It would be great if you could add Phore (PHR) to the Altcoin Wallet Import. It has been listed on CoinMarketCap for six months.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂ ( P H O R E . i o ) ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Delivering Blockchain Technology To The Real World
robinson5

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:41:42 PM

I'm having trouble figuring out how to calculate my mining income with cointracking, if someone could help me out.

I can make a tax report which calculates gains and losses.  But my mining transactions that I've imported into cointracking are not calculated with that, since I haven't sold anything I've mined yet.

Is there a way to calculate what my income has been? The IRS says it should be calculated at the point of receipt, so it would be nice if cointracking added up the value of all my mining transactions at the time they were mined.  Instead of calculating the current value of all my mining proceeds.

Thanks for the help!!
WickedPigeon

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:13:02 AM

I'm having trouble figuring out how to calculate my mining income with cointracking, if someone could help me out.

I can make a tax report which calculates gains and losses.  But my mining transactions that I've imported into cointracking are not calculated with that, since I haven't sold anything I've mined yet.

Is there a way to calculate what my income has been? The IRS says it should be calculated at the point of receipt, so it would be nice if cointracking added up the value of all my mining transactions at the time they were mined.  Instead of calculating the current value of all my mining proceeds.

Thanks for the help!!

Are you recording/uploading your transactions from your wallet as "mining" ?

WickedPigeon

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 03:18:07 AM

I can make a tax report which calculates gains and losses.  But my mining transactions that I've imported into cointracking are not calculated with that, since I haven't sold anything I've mined yet.

Is there a way to calculate what my income has been? The IRS says it should be calculated at the point of receipt, so it would be nice if cointracking added up the value of all my mining transactions at the time they were mined.  Instead of calculating the current value of all my mining proceeds.

Thanks for the help!!

Are you recording/uploading your transactions from your wallet as "mining" ?
Here is what I have figured out on how to track tax liability from Mining using Cointracking.
I use this for mining Small-Cap, Alt-coins to a Wallet, no Cointracking API:
1 - I've exported the transaction from the wallet to Excel. (Most wallets have this feature).
2 - I use the Excel file in CT bulk upload:
   Type - Mining (I've added this after the export)
   Buy - quantity mined,
   Currency - the Symbol Mined, like BWK (I've added this after the export)
   Exchange - I call each Wallet an exchange - like "BWK Wallet" (I've added this after the export)
   Date - make sure that you keep the time stamp from the Wallet.
3 - Back to Cointracking, Enter Coins - Bulk Imports - Excel - [Filename]
4 - Review import and update Cointracking
5 - In Cointracking, Report - Trade Prices - Excel; now the mining has a value attached to each transaction.
6 - In Excel, sort by type (mining) and date (Tax Year). Copy and paste to clean file and there you go, tax file for income earned on mining.

Hope this helps.

AltScope

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 04:00:13 AM
Last edit: March 26, 2018, 07:08:16 PM by AltScope

don't forget to delete the t from the middle of the timestamp, never tried without but cointrackings kinda finiky on the uploads. There have been more than a few instances where I've had to copy the entire sheet into a new one before it'll upload without errors (if it complains about timestamp errors but all timestamps are there try it)

I'm surprised its not there already as it was a coinswap from POSW, been a while now to but they still have just POSW listed.

Are you saying that unless its on coinmarketcap it wont be added? I would've expected other ways such as a selection of the many exchanges.
Relying on 1 websites kinda stupid

CoinThreads

Activity: 2

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:27:52 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 08:58:06 PM by CoinThreads

Is anyone else's Tax Report not catching all Deposits and Transfers between exchanges? (Specifically Bittrex).

I have all the API jobs running and tried uploading the Full Order History .CSV from Bittrex, however I am getting 13 "Warnings" when I generate a Tax Report, even though when I got back to my transactions list it shows both the Withdrawal from an exchange (ex. Bitfinex) and a Deposit (Bittrex).

I've also tried deleting those transactions and reuploading them with the same timestamps, however I still get those errors when generating the report. Everything else is relatively balanced in my portfolio.

If anyone has any expertise, or if you @Dario3000 have any insights, that would be greatly appreciated. I have a ticket open #13473 if that makes anything easier.

Thank you in advance for your help!
AltScope

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 05:51:26 AM

Is anyone else's Tax Report not catching all Deposits and Transfers between exchanges? (Specifically Bittrex).

I have all the API jobs running and tried uploading the Full Order History .CSV from Bittrex, however I am getting 13 "Warnings" when I generate a Tax Report, even though when I got back to my transactions list it shows both the Withdrawal from an exchange (ex. Bitfinex) and a Deposit (Bittrex).

I've also tried deleting those transactions and reuploading them with the same timestamps, however I still get those errors when generating the report. Everything else is relatively balanced in my portfolio.

If anyone has any expertise, or if you @Dario3000 have any insights, that would be greatly appreciated. I have a ticket open #13473 if that makes anything easier.

there needs to be a payment history for how you originaly obtained/bought the coins, I had major headaches with this.

lets say you bought a btc at bitstamp but you didn't enter the cash deposit as the correct type (income i believe) you will get a tax warning for the cash
if you traded say some ltc to btc on bitfinex but had the deposit type for the ltc as deposit(IN) rather than mining/income/gift it'll flag the ltc as a warning

CoinThreads

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 06:19:42 PM

there needs to be a payment history for how you originaly obtained/bought the coins, I had major headaches with this.

lets say you bought a btc at bitstamp but you didn't enter the cash deposit as the correct type (income i believe) you will get a tax warning for the cash
if you traded say some ltc to btc on bitfinex but had the deposit type for the ltc as deposit(IN) rather than mining/income/gift it'll flag the ltc as a warning

Ahhh ok that makes sense I guess. It's interesting that Cointracking is triggering specific transactions as warnings however, as I had trades in Bittrex before the trades that show up as warnings. I'll try to rebalance it, and see if that helps. Thanks for the insight!
mythrndyr

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 05:10:36 AM

Response to: "Why are BNB fees from trades not being calculated in my BNB balance?  It correctly deducts from the BNB balance for sales of the tokens but ignores it from any calculations as a fee."

I am also having this same problem...is there a solution for this?
OTC_Buyer

Activity: 92

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 06:14:25 AM

Multiple things:

1 - Need to add Crypto Bridge exchange.
2 - Need to add Reddcoin for a wallet (I already submitted on the other website as instructed about 1 week ago.)
3 - What to do with PAC reverse split that happened on Cryptopia exchange? (It is throwing my balance way off.)
4 - From Bittrex my BTG is off. It is a negative number. CSV trades show I sold more than what I had??? (I submitted support ticket with Bittrex already also.)
5 - Ok so recommendation Group name for mining is "Mining" if I want ... but confused whether to put "Mining" or "Income" under Transaction Type since it has both.
Pages: « 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 ... 122 »
  Print  

Jump to: