Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:22:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wish I never bought altcoins  (Read 13782 times)
groko271

Activity: 790
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:00:24 PM

oh man, it can't be that bad

just wait a few weeks, BTC will dip back down, capital will flow from BTC back into alt coins... 

little time heals all
Well actually the alt market has been dropping vs bitcoin for 4-5 months look at the top 20 coins and zoom out

4-5 months, seriously?

I have been hodling bitcoin for 6 years! ... imagine all the bitching I heard regarding its price through this time. However 4-5 months is nothing and only silly to expect a return in this time. Shit, Ive seen posts here demanding answers because there ALTS havent "X5" in a few weeks. Crazy shit really, the arrogance towards trading I see on this forum is breathtaking.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
marilyngroom

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:02:13 PM

This is part of the risk you take when you get into cryptos. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. The thing is that even though it might seem like you've lost, all that could change in the future. I know it's frustrating though.
electron-coin

Activity: 521
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:33:57 PM

If you look at bitcoin, then it is relatively safe. At least we know that if its price goes down, then after a while it will definitely go up and become higher than before.
If you look at the altcoins, they are not like bitcoins. And in general today they are, and tomorrow we have already forgotten about them. Yes, these are altcoins.
But you can look at the entire situation from a different angle. With the growth of bitcoin, for example, it accumulates 5%, while some altcoins (and there are many such), rise in price by 15-30% (often and more than so). From here a simple conclusion, with the same investments we we get different profits and from the contribution to altcoins this profit is higher.
Of course, when buying altcoins you need to understand well with those in which we will invest, look at the situation on the market, find out what news is and what will probably be and only after that invest.
If you have unsuccessfully bought a coin, and even it turned out to be bad, then don't blame all the altcoins together. There are good coins, there are bad coins. Some of them are strong, some one-day. But we ourselves choose what to buy. No one forces us to buy any concrete coins that are weak and don't have a future.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     BRIDGEX NETWORK  │ LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Facebook       LinkedIn          ▄▄▄▄
ozanipek

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:50:04 PM

Don't be to harsh about altcoins, it's maybe you buy an altcoins that's not have a potential to grow. Many factors can be considered regarding your losses, might be due to bad timing because of bitcoin's time to shine pump and of course nobody knows how long it will be, maybe you are just having a bad time investing in alt, another thing is if you bought some bad alts in the first place. Losses are part of the cryptocurrency anyway.
Muwatti

Activity: 176

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 01:28:53 AM

Would have been much better off just leaving everything in bitcoin. Altcoins suck.

Yes probably your correct.... Bitcoin has a lots potential than altcoin....  But dont think that buying altcoin is not good....  Maybe today it is not but surely soon you will be benifited by that coin....  Holding a different coin is realy risky but ones you've get the right and great altcoin surely you will get what you want....  But I prefer holding a little bit altcoin and holding more bitcoin.... 
entrepmind23

Activity: 644
Merit: 261

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 02:01:55 AM

Btc is for people that want to play it safe, the days of huge gains for btc are over.  If you want to turn a small amount into a large sum you need to go into high risk low cap cryptos.

You can still have huge gains with bitcoin but you need to trade it not just hold it and wait for the time it would be valuable. Given that it went down to 6k levels now and it would at least 3x to surpass the all the time high, you can still profit from it at least with that amount and if it would continue to climb higher then you can still have huge gains but when it comes to altcoins, it would go higher than bitcoin in terms of percentage amount because most likely a 5% movement for bitcoin is a 10% movement for altcoin but you still have to research what altcoins move faster than bitcoin.

Don't be to harsh about altcoins, it's maybe you buy an altcoins that's not have a potential to grow. Many factors can be considered regarding your losses, might be due to bad timing because of bitcoin's time to shine pump and of course nobody knows how long it will be, maybe you are just having a bad time investing in alt, another thing is if you bought some bad alts in the first place. Losses are part of the cryptocurrency anyway.

It would depend on the person what altcoins he was able to buy. All I know is that many people become millionaires because of altcoin while some suffer huge losses too because of wrong investment or trading decision. It would depend then where OP belong which I assume would be the second one. This is the reason why a trading plan is important because huge losses can be incurred if you are not careful.

░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
           ░▒█████████████████████▒░
         ▓███████████████████████████▓░
      ░███████████████▓░▒███████████████░
     ▓██████████▓▓▒░        ▒▒▓▓██████████
   ░███▓                               ▒███▒
  ░████               ▒▒▒               ████▒
 ░█████░           ░███████░            █████▒
 ██████░          ░██      ██▒          ██████
░██████░          ██       ██           ██████▒
▓██████           ██░ ░   ░██           ███████
▓██████         ████████████████        ███████
▓██████        █████████████████        ███████
░██████▒       ███████████████       ░██████▓
 ███████       █████████████████       ▓██████
 ░███████       ████████████████      ▓██████▒
  ▒███████▒       ░ ░     ░ ░       ░███████▒
   ░████████▒                     ▒████████▒
     ▓████████▓░               ░▓█████████
      ░██████████▓░          ▓██████████░
         ▓██████████▒     ▒██████████▓░
           ░▒██████████▒▓█████████▓░
                 ░▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒▒░
mr_smith99
Copper Member

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 03:22:02 AM

just stay with BTC and ETH my friend Wink
marilyngroom

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:25:16 AM

Btc is for people that want to play it safe, the days of huge gains for btc are over.  If you want to turn a small amount into a large sum you need to go into high risk low cap cryptos.

You can still have huge gains with bitcoin but you need to trade it not just hold it and wait for the time it would be valuable. Given that it went down to 6k levels now and it would at least 3x to surpass the all the time high, you can still profit from it at least with that amount and if it would continue to climb higher then you can still have huge gains but when it comes to altcoins, it would go higher than bitcoin in terms of percentage amount because most likely a 5% movement for bitcoin is a 10% movement for altcoin but you still have to research what altcoins move faster than bitcoin.

It would depend on the person what altcoins he was able to buy. All I know is that many people become millionaires because of altcoin while some suffer huge losses too because of wrong investment or trading decision. It would depend then where OP belong which I assume would be the second one. This is the reason why a trading plan is important because huge losses can be incurred if you are not careful.

As of late (Bitcoin's huge pump starting a year ago) it seems that when Bitcoin rises my alts lose their value in Bitcoin, and when Bitcoin falls, again they lose value to Bitcoin. It has been extremely frustrating. It's like people buy Bitcoin to not miss out on the rise, or sell the alts to not lose as much against Bitcoin.
speem28

Activity: 546
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:48:55 AM

This is nothing more than a negative post out of despair, i can feel you because i know how it feels to see your portfolio more than 80% down in value, this is what crypto downtrend can do, i will just suggest you to wait more, never sell in such loss, market is showing signs of recovery, sustaining above $6k mark is itself a big sign that market will take turn from here and i think it is not far away now.
Another thing that factor in the OP's feeling is the amount of bounty hunters that immediately dumps their awarded tokens in the market as soon as it hits an exchange. This results in a drastic change in the price of the token to price lower than the ICO's so the investors feels that they had a bad investment due to this. This happens to every ICO that is promoted by bounty campaigns but they should take this as a good opportunity to buy more of the tokens and bag more of it to hold when the price recovers.
huhhuh18

Activity: 250
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:51:09 AM

Somehow true. Bitcoin is indeed the best option, but there are altcoins that gave people so many increase (some over 1000% ) in just a few weeks/months and so I think that was why many people developed interest there.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
huhhuh18

Activity: 250

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:53:42 AM

This is nothing more than a negative post out of despair, i can feel you because i know how it feels to see your portfolio more than 80% down in value, this is what crypto downtrend can do, i will just suggest you to wait more, never sell in such loss, market is showing signs of recovery, sustaining above $6k mark is itself a big sign that market will take turn from here and i think it is not far away now.
Another thing that factor in the OP's feeling is the amount of bounty hunters that immediately dumps their awarded tokens in the market as soon as it hits an exchange. This results in a drastic change in the price of the token to price lower than the ICO's so the investors feels that they had a bad investment due to this. This happens to every ICO that is promoted by bounty campaigns but they should take this as a good opportunity to buy more of the tokens and bag more of it to hold when the price recovers.
Well, I don't know how true this is and I haven't been in cryoto for long but why do many people blame bounty hunters for fallen prices. Because I have also read other posts where the investors dumped their coins even before bounties were paid.

veil                            /////  PRIVACY WITHOUT COMPROMISE.  /////
https://veil-project.com/
danivan7

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

https://karatcoin.co

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 06:45:35 AM

Would have been much better off just leaving everything in bitcoin. Altcoins suck.

you r wrong, invest @bitcoin u will reach 2x - 3x  from investment .
but at alt u will get 10x-100x from your investment,
buy good coin, not scam coin

✭   KARATCOIN   ✭ (https://karatcoin.co/)
Join our ICO!
█ Straight to gold mines! █
tyas pur

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:24:15 AM

Yes, I agree with you.
Bitcoin is very attractive when compared with other coins.
I believe with Bitcoin because its value is very high when compared with another altcoin.
I am still amazed by Bitcoin's technology that is able to survive in the Cryptocurrency market even though many new coins are popping up in the Cryptocurrency market.
diamdirumah

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 07:58:33 AM

If all the tokens you are selling and in investing in the Bitcoin was very nice. But if I'd still invest in some Altcoin because the opportunities for profit and will be more able to keep when the coins where there is not making a profit.
Lontonbit

Activity: 420
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 08:24:25 AM

Looks like bitcoin is trying to shake off some Alts

It’s gold for nerds
ulakudrakova

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 09:43:15 AM

You say strange words!!!! Altcoins for the next year will be separated from bitcoin and will not depend much on the price of bitcoin. That is why now in every sphere of life, alternative coins are created which slowly rise in price. You do an analysis of altcoins prices and you will understand. That alternative coins are promising.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
h31s3nb3rg

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:26:18 AM

I totally disagree with your argument . In my opinion , some altcoins has a great potential so obviously altcoins are not suck at all. It is only your perception , I don't have a right to blame you about that matter but dont lose hope in altcoins because there are some good alts in the market.
rdtt13

Activity: 186

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 10:28:41 AM

Focusing in bitcoin is also a good idea , but I dont think that altcoins are sucks because some of altcoins has a good potential in the market right now , some of them trying to compete with bitcoin so they are not totally sucks anymore.

GigTricks
WORLD FIRST INTEGRATED FREELANCE & ON-DEMAND ECOSYSTEMS
Whitepaper | Bounty | ANN Thread | www.gigtricks.io
SalmanMJ9

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2018, 12:13:01 PM

I think it's basic when you get into trading/investing that high risk = high reward.

Obviously if you fall into the conservative approach of investing, holding BTC or ETH would be the best options especially in a bear market. However, altcoins always do better in the bull run, so  my advice wait and HODL.
Shtamm_oval

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 05:50:58 PM

Indeed bitcoin is the best investment in my opinion, especially in the long term. But if you mistakenly bought not profitable alcony don't worry, maybe they too will grow up.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: