Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:23:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: :  (Read 70878 times)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 11:38:09 PM

Spiteful bot is spiteful... Of course, getting stuck at $11.50 was always a possibility, but I only had it ranked in the lower two percentile...

The day's not over yet.

Meh, never mind.  This bot is being a real bitch.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
coined

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 11:43:21 PM

On the plus side!!

maybe the super stable prices was actually good, even if it was only for today, since the main day of the bitcoin conference was today, if there was any "real" press there and they took part in paying for multiple things throughout the day with btc they would have found the conversions very consistent  Grin instead of the normal chaos of up and down that makes spending them seem a bit daunting and a potential problem for merchants accepting them   Grin Grin

Chris Acheson

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:28:39 AM

Why the hate-on for bots?  I expect this sort of thing from random noobs, but I figured you guys would know better.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:44:45 AM

Why the hate-on for bots?  I expect this sort of thing from random noobs, but I figured you guys would know better.

I'm just jealous that I don't have a bot trading for me.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
GeniuSxBoY

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:47:16 AM

bots are cheating.

• humans can't trade WHILE away from the computer.
  • noobs can't build their own bot.
  • humans can't use if() then() to trade at high frequency.

It's simply unfair. It's why men on steroids and men are separated in sports. The best men just can't compete with the best artificial humans. Similarly, the best humans can't compete with the best bots.

Be humble!
grod

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 03:39:51 AM

The problem with bots is they're not emotional.  They're not driven by the same psychology as herds of panicky traders.  In the real markets even the bots operated by the biggest players are still a tiny % of the overall market.  Here, the bot is playing with a big % of the total float.

A bot this big in a market this small distorts the charts and make it much harder to tap into what the herd is thinking.  That's why the hate.
TiagoTiago

Firstbits.com/1fg4i :)

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 03:56:16 AM

bots are cheating.

I don't think bots can either...

(I dont always get new reply notifications, pls send a pm when you think it has happened)

Wanna gimme some BTC/BCH for any or no reason? 1FmvtS66LFh6ycrXDwKRQTexGJw4UWiqDX Smiley

The more you believe in Bitcoin, and the more you show you do to other people, the faster the real value will soar!

Do you like mmmBananas?!
oakpacific

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 10:06:09 AM

The market is still dominated by human, all it takes is a big buy order to blow these noobots out of  water, if such an order doesn't exist, the rally will not happen anyway.

https://tlsnotary.org/ Fraud proofing decentralized fiat-Bitcoin trading.
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 11:10:06 AM

Methinks we got a stability bot running, wouldn't be surprised if this was for the sake of the conference, the market can still be moved just the bot/s are set to hold it where it lands.......
oakpacific

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 11:22:14 AM

Methinks we got a stability bot running, wouldn't be surprised if this was for the sake of the conference, the market can still be moved just the bot/s are set to hold it where it lands.......

If the human masters of those bots don't care about their own losses, well, then you stand no chance to fight them.

YoYa

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 01:04:00 PM

If the human masters of those bots don't care about their own losses, well, then you stand no chance to fight them.

Aye, which is why I think the aim is stability, it comes at a cost, and the only thing I can tie in with that is positive pr for the conference.
gressen

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:41:59 PM

bots are cheating.

You sir made me laugh out loud in public Smiley
coined

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 01:51:40 PM

bots are cheating.

You sir made me laugh out loud in public Smiley

I think the real reason GeniuSxBoY doesn't like trading bots is he hasn't been able to post "BUY!! BUY!! BUY!!" or "SELL! SELL! SELL!!1"  lately and he's getting withdrawal symptoms.  Wink
oakpacific

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 03:03:19 PM

Aye, which is why I think the aim is stability, it comes at a cost, and the only thing I can tie in with that is positive pr for the conference.

It sounds ridiculous but it seems that we're close to the point where all the other possibilties are eliminated and the remianing improbability is the only truth.

YoYa

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2011, 03:59:11 PM

Interesting......There are so many bot padding sell's in place, The market is essentially coiled in an upward direction:
1000 BTC to get to 11.56 as opposed to 1500 to get to 11.29

Hmmm, was thinking the bot was going to ratchet us down and was tempted to go short...might hold off for a while now instead....
oakpacific

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 05:17:16 PM

Interesting......There are so many bot padding sell's in place, The market is essentially coiled in an upward direction:
1000 BTC to get to 11.56 as opposed to 1500 to get to 11.29

Hmmm, was thinking the bot was going to ratchet us down and was tempted to go short...might hold off for a while now instead....

Agree, or be a bit more bold and adventurous, BUY!

GeniuSxBoY

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 10:10:42 PM

No body is even putting up bids or putting up asked  Huh

Everyone is waiting for someone to break the cycle.

Be humble!
coined

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 10:40:44 PM

pretty much,

probably loads of people with cash at the ready right now, they see the signs for a rally,  they are just waiting to see if it will go back down first, nothing wrong with that, it wouldn't take much upwards movement for us all to jump on thinking if we miss it, it could be $16 in an hour  Tongue myself included, how far would YOU let it go before you jumped on? 11.6 11.9?  Grin
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 11:43:28 PM

pretty much,

probably loads of people with cash at the ready right now, they see the signs for a rally,  they are just waiting to see if it will go back down first, nothing wrong with that, it wouldn't take much upwards movement for us all to jump on thinking if we miss it, it could be $16 in an hour  Tongue myself included, how far would YOU let it go before you jumped on? 11.6 11.9?  Grin

I am not seeing any fresh signs or reasons for a rally. All I am seeing/feeling is a flat line or a slight sloping downwards in price due to
a lack of worthwhile news coming from the convention. I would not be shocked at all to see 9-10 per BTC this week and that is how I played
it with that in mind. A lot of miners held off selling this week and without any movement they will unload not just a few days worth
of mining, but two weeks worth into this 11ish dollar price.
coined

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 12:12:07 AM

pretty much,

probably loads of people with cash at the ready right now, they see the signs for a rally,  they are just waiting to see if it will go back down first, nothing wrong with that, it wouldn't take much upwards movement for us all to jump on thinking if we miss it, it could be $16 in an hour  Tongue myself included, how far would YOU let it go before you jumped on? 11.6 11.9?  Grin

I am not seeing any fresh signs or reasons for a rally. All I am seeing/feeling is a flat line or a slight sloping downwards in price due to
a lack of worthwhile news coming from the convention. I would not be shocked at all to see 9-10 per BTC this week and that is how I played
it with that in mind. A lot of miners held off selling this week and without any movement they will unload not just a few days worth
of mining, but two weeks worth into this 11ish dollar price.

It could definitely go back down(looks likely), that's why I said they are holding cash and waiting(very sensible right now), I'm sure lots of people got money into the exchanges ahead of time for this conference, so they could move fast to buy if the market went that way, just that mentality and the ready cash is why I think It wouldn't take much upwards movement for everyone to just jump on, rather than let it get away from them,  it could be now, or tuesday, or it could go down to 9.5/10 and from there a rally to 11 again and that could be the trigger, It's more psychological than technical analysis, and we could also just watch it slowly fall forever Grin  it's that rally trigger that's needed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: