Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:58:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ixcoin TODO  (Read 631709 times)
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 03:48:43 PM

So is anybody planning on working to update the Client with encryption?

It would be nice to take some of my ixCoins from the safety deposit box and onto a laptop in case the price jumps unexpectedly.  

I know, what are the odds of that EVER happening...EVER?  lol.

But seriously, I can't trust my coins at any exchange and I can't put them on a laptop cause there's no encryption so my only option has been a USB stick in a safety deposit box (in the belly of the beast, lol) but imagine if the coin pops on a weekend or a holiday?  It's a real risk not having 24/7 access to these coins.

So I hope somebody will eventually update at least the QT wallet with encryption if nothing else.

And I am deeply disappointed and pretty angry and disgusted with this dev who comes on here with bounties from his shady premine and now when I find someone to do the updates he won't even respond to confirm he'll pay the 30,000 ixCoins he promised to pay.

It's almost like he purposely wants ixCoin to be ignored, abandoned, neglected and left for dead.  What friggin' strange behavior from a dev who has twice pretended to wanna get this coin going.  2 years with no updates, not even the very minor cut and paste encryption update, but he did have time and skill for a much much more complex merge mine patch.

Riddle me that, Batman.  

You seem to be afraid to lose everything. I think you are one of a few on earth having accumulated so many ixcoin. Mine are just a small fraction of yours. Anyway, why don't you use 30k out of 500k to have the update done?
It's better for you to have 470k worth something then 500k worth nothing. The maker of the coin mentioned the necessity of an update in order to invite other trading platforms into the game. If this is true, I think you are going to gain more of what you give (???Luke 6 verse 38???)

I even offered my support with development and promotion, what more can we do?  Roll Eyes

Ok. In exchange of what? Make clear what you can offer, please.  Smiley

~*~iX~*~ I feel bad for Vlad ..i'm working on another exchange coin project here in Beverly Hills and with devs in SF/Brooklyn/Nashville/D.C. etc...Promotion and development...

_*my offer_====> 10,000 $IXC
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/38

=i'll throw all my weight at it!  Wink eZ^$$$

(I promise not to dump until we go wayyy up!)
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:34:00 PM

It would be nice to take some of my ixCoins from the safety deposit box and onto a laptop in case the price jumps unexpectedly.  

But seriously, I can't trust my coins at any exchange and I can't put them on a laptop cause there's no encryption so my only option has been a USB stick in a safety deposit box (in the belly of the beast, lol) but imagine if the coin pops on a weekend or a holiday?  It's a real risk not having 24/7 access to these coins.

So I hope somebody will eventually update at least the QT wallet with encryption if nothing else.

And I am deeply disappointed and pretty angry and disgusted with this dev who comes on here with bounties from his shady premine and now when I find someone to do the updates he won't even respond to confirm he'll pay the 30,000 ixCoins he promised to pay.

It's almost like he purposely wants ixCoin to be ignored, abandoned, neglected and left for dead.  What friggin' strange behavior from a dev who has twice pretended to wanna get this coin going.  2 years with no updates, not even the very minor cut and paste encryption update, but he did have time and skill for a much much more complex merge mine patch.

Riddle me that, Batman.  

You seem to be afraid to lose everything. I think you are one of a few on earth having accumulated so many ixcoin. Mine are just a small fraction of yours. Anyway, why don't you use 30k out of 500k to have the update done?
It's better for you to have 470k worth something then 500k worth nothing. The maker of the coin mentioned the necessity of an update in order to invite other trading platforms into the game. If this is true, I think you are going to gain more of what you give (???Luke 6 verse 38???)

I even offered my support with development and promotion, what more can we do?  Roll Eyes

Ok. In exchange of what? Make clear what you can offer, please.  Smiley

~*~iX~*~ I feel bad for Vlad ..i'm working on another exchange coin project here in Beverly Hills and with devs in SF/Brooklyn/Nashville/D.C. etc...Promotion and development...

_*my offer_====> 10,000 $IXC
https://www.cryptsy.com/markets/view/38

=i'll throw all my weight at it!  Wink eZ^$$$

(I promise not to dump until we go wayyy up!)

What do you mean you're gonna throw your weight at it?

We need code upgrade, wallet upgrade (including wallet encryption).  Can you be more specific what you're going to do for 10,000 IXC?  

Thanks.

Edit: I just realized you're owsley.   You wanna pump ixCoin.  I already told you that's not an answer and that wouldn't help me in any way as I'm not looking to dump.  The best a pump would do is a double or maybe a triple and that's not gonna cut it.

I'm in ixCoin cause I see huge potential, if that changes then I'll just dump it but for now I wound sell even for a 10-fold.  

Thanks anyway.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 05:38:19 PM

Riddle me that, Batman.  

I wouldn't say I'm afraid, if I were afraid I would never be able to put so much in just one coin.

But I definitely don't want to lose all this money, who would.

That said, I am not willing to pay out nearly 10% of what I've bought with hard earned money when a dev clearly set bounties for the work needed right now and to top things off, the dev premined these coins.

So premined coins are sitting there and I'm gonna pay what cost me over 3 Bitcoins for a fix that should have been done long ago by a dev with tons of premined coins?

That's not gonna happen.  I'm willing to pitch in and help but there's no way I'm gonna pay for the entire thing.

Meanwhile I'm just gonna keep my coins on a USB stick in a safety deposit box.  That's safe enough.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 05:51:00 PM

Meanwhile I'm just gonna keep my coins on a USB stick in a safety deposit box.  That's safe enough.

Which is the same thing anyone else will do.  Yet you still think that because of a Bitcoin ETF, some bank is going to swoop in and buy up IXC for billions.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 06:00:13 PM

Which is the same thing anyone else will do.  Yet you still think that because of a Bitcoin ETF, some bank is going to swoop in and buy up IXC for billions.

I never said a bank will buy ixCoin for billions of $$$.

I said if Bitcoin gets the ETF, and I'm certain they will, then bankers will look to form a Crypto ETF 2.0 and the way I see it, ixCoin is the best match.

And look:  No dev.  How convenient!

It would be easy since Bitcoin will have trail blazed the entire process.  And these bankers would only need a couple hundred thousand ixCoins - and they can actually do it with even 100,000 ixCoin.  They would basically just need the initial amount of coins in order to guarantee some liquidity at the time of the IPO.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 07:51:38 PM

So they will start an ETF with 100K IXC valued at less than a penny each?  Given the overheads of an ETF I am sure that will be an amazing success.  Still not sure why two posts up you are complaining about no development on critical features and then in post up you are saying "no dev how convenient".

Then again I think you have deluded yourself fully.  You know what will happen and anything which contradicts that has another explanation.  In a year when IXC is still worth next to nothing, has no development, and no investment there will be some other reason why the "savior banks" are going to swoop in any day and boost the price 1000x.
iGotSpots
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1054

CPU Web Mining 🕸️ on webmining.io

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 07:58:10 PM

So they will start an ETF with 100K IXC valued at less than a penny each?  Given the overheads of an ETF I am sure that will be an amazing success.  Still not sure why two posts up you are complaining about no development on critical features and then in post up you are saying "no dev how convenient".

Then again I think you have deluded yourself fully.  You know what will happen and anything which contradicts that has another explanation.  In a year when IXC is still worth next to nothing, has no development, and no investment there will be some other reason why the "savior banks" are going to swoop in any day and boost the price 1000x.

The problem is Vlad doesn't understand the basic ideology of cryptos

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:00:23 PM

Nah, in a year, if nothing happens I will admit I'm wrong and move on.

I would like updates like encryption but one has to realize that if an ETF 2.0 were to happen, from a banker's perspective, it's much better if there is no dev.  This is not a contradiction, it's a fact and just because I would like a code upgrade doesn't change that.  Code upgrades can be done without devs, I'm only upset cause this crook did a premine and now won't pay out the bounties he said he would.

And I think you're missing the point of the ETF.  With a couple hundred thousand coins you could start an ETF.  And so what if the application process costs a few million dollars.  If Bitcoin's ETF goes to $1,000+ you don't think there's room for a second ETF, a Pepsi, and you don't think such an ETF would find enough speculators to take it to $100?  And if it's your ETF you stand to make many times your money from fees and price appreciation.

Watch how the Winklevoss twins turn $20 million into $1 Billion in under 1 year once the ETF launches.  Not exactly a lot of these opportunities out there so of course bankers will give it a shot.

So yeah, I think it would be very smart for a banker with millions to risk to buy up a couple million ixCoins (although much less is needed) and when Bitcoin gets an ETF then immediately apply for a second ETF.  There's no way the SEC would deny an ixCoin ETF given its nearly identical to Bitcoin and has been around a long time so it's not seen as a pump and dump CrapCoin.

And given there is no dev, the process should go very smoothly.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:01:52 PM

I had no idea Cryptos had an ideology.

I only care about the economics of cryptos and that much I do understand.

In less than 1 year we'll see who understands what.

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:17:01 PM

Watch how the Winklevoss twins turn $20 million into $1 Billion in under 1 year once the ETF launches.  

Yeah that isn't how ETFs work.  The shares are owned by the shareholders.  If Bitcoin explodes in price the shareholders realize the game not the ETF trustee.  The ETF management company makes a profit on transaction and operational fees and they make those profits regardless of the price.  It is like saying MtGox made billions because the price of Bitcoin went up.

Your delusional if you think a bank can take $1K worth of worthless IXC and convince investors to pay 1000x that.  They would simply buy their own IXC at no markup.  

Code upgrades can be done without devs

dev = "software developer".  No code upgrades won't happen without a developer as you are finding out now.  I think you still have problems with the concept of open source.  The person who starts an open source project doesn't "own" or "control" it.  Gavin is a lead developer for Bitcoin he wasn't at the begining and he may not at some point in the future.  Also Gavin isn't the only developer and in the early history of Bitcoin Satoshi wasn't either.  There are dozens of developers working part time on Bitcoin. Bugs are fixed, performance is improved, features are added because many developers are working on Bitcoin over time.  However no developer = no development.  IXC lacks things like basic encryption because it has no development.  Just holding a bunch of coins and praying for the banks to make you rich isn't going to change that.
iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:19:54 PM

So they will start an ETF with 100K IXC valued at less than a penny each?  Given the overheads of an ETF I am sure that will be an amazing success.  Still not sure why two posts up you are complaining about no development on critical features and then in post up you are saying "no dev how convenient".

Then again I think you have deluded yourself fully.  You know what will happen and anything which contradicts that has another explanation.  In a year when IXC is still worth next to nothing, has no development, and no investment there will be some other reason why the "savior banks" are going to swoop in any day and boost the price 1000x.

The problem is you think the banks will be a savior to a movement started to avoid banks. You are in the wrong place. Big time

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:25:04 PM

Watch how the Winklevoss twins turn $20 million into $1 Billion in under 1 year once the ETF launches.  

Yeah that isn't how ETFs work.  The shares are owned by the shareholders.  If Bitcoin explodes in price the shareholders realize the game not the ETF trustee.  The ETF management company makes a profit on transaction and operational fees and they make those profits regardless of the price.  It is like saying MtGox made billions because the price of Bitcoin went up.

Your delusional if you think a bank can take $1K worth of worthless IXC and convince investors to pay 1000x that.  They would simply buy their own IXC at no markup. 

dev = "software developer".  No code upgrades won't happen without a developer as you are finding out now.  I think you still have problems with the concept of open source.  The person who starts an open source project doesn't "own" or "control" it.  Gavin is a lead developer for Bitcoin he wasn't at the begining and he may not at some point in the future.  Also Gavin isn't the only developer and in the early history of Bitcoin Satoshi wasn't either.  There are dozens of developers working part time on Bitcoin. However no developer = no development.

You made me laugh twice with that post.

First of all, the winklevoss brothers have 1% of Bitcoin and the odds are they've added even more. So, taking into account the massive fees they will bank, and their 1%+ stake, they can definitely make $1 Billion if Bitcoin surges enough.

Secondly, are you joking about the necessity of a dev in order to do updates to a coin?  Lol, does a noob have to explain open source to you.

I can do the updates if I could program or if want to pay for them.  Anyone who can code can do the updates and even remain anonymous.   See, no dev needed.  Unless your definition of a dev now is anyone who adds a single line of code.  In that case, 90% of the people on these forums are now devs.  Ha!

You're now just talking and arguing for the sake of trying to be right.  

iGotSpots
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:27:43 PM

Yeah that isn't how ETFs work.  The shares are owned by the shareholders.  If Bitcoin explodes in price the shareholders realize the game not the ETF trustee.  The ETF management company makes a profit on transaction and operational fees and they make those profits regardless of the price.  It is like saying MtGox made billions because the price of Bitcoin went up.

dev = "software developer".  No code upgrades won't happen without a developer as you are finding out now.  I think you still have problems with the concept of open source.  The person who starts an open source project doesn't "own" or "control" it.  Gavin is a lead developer for Bitcoin he wasn't at the begining and he may not at some point in the future.  Also Gavin isn't the only developer and in the early history of Bitcoin Satoshi wasn't either.  There are dozens of developers working part time on Bitcoin. However no developer = no development.

You made me laugh twice with that post.

First of all, the winklevoss brothers have 1% of Bitcoin and the odds are they've added even more. So, taking into account the massive fees they will bank, and their 1%+ stake, they can definitely make $1 Billion if Bitcoin surges enough.

Secondly, are you joking about the necessity of a dev in order to do updates to a coin?  Lol, does a noob have to explain open source to you.

I can do the updates if I could program or if want to pay for them.  Anyone who can code can do the updates and even remain anonymous.   See, no dev needed.  Unless your definition of a dev now is anyone who adds a single line of code.  In that case, 90% of the people on these forums are now devs.  Ha!

You're now just talking and arguing for the sake of trying to be right.  

Clueless

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:27:55 PM

So they will start an ETF with 100K IXC valued at less than a penny each?  Given the overheads of an ETF I am sure that will be an amazing success.  Still not sure why two posts up you are complaining about no development on critical features and then in post up you are saying "no dev how convenient".

Then again I think you have deluded yourself fully.  You know what will happen and anything which contradicts that has another explanation.  In a year when IXC is still worth next to nothing, has no development, and no investment there will be some other reason why the "savior banks" are going to swoop in any day and boost the price 1000x.

The problem is you think the banks will be a savior to a movement started to avoid banks. You are in the wrong place. Big time

Talk about not understanding cryptos.

Besides the government, the banks stand to gain the most from Bitcoin and any crypto currency.

This is how I know with certainty that Bitcoin will get the ETF license. Cause the banks and government badly need it to succeed.  

You coders should stick to coding and leave the Economics to the Economists.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:29:08 PM

Hey, I copied and pasted some code on ShitCoin and did a minor upgrade.

Look:   I'm now a developer.

Bhahahahahahaa!

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Gerald Davis

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 08:29:45 PM

I can do the updates if I could program or if want to pay for them.

Who are you going to pay to do development?  A monkey?  A janitor?  A cosmonaut?
I am pretty sure if would be a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER aka a "dev".  

Unless your definition of a dev now is anyone who adds a single line of code.  In that case, 90% of the people on these forums are now devs.  Ha!

Anyone who can add a meaningful improvement to the codebase IS A POTENTIAL DEVELOPER.  That is the whole damn point of open source.  What do you think the creator of IXC was?  A guy who added some lines of code to Bitcoin and made IXC.  That concept is called software development.  There is nothing special about the creator.  In your mind you seem to think the creator of an open source project holds mystical powers and thus has the title of "dev".  A developer is someone who develops the codebase.   On a large open source project like Bitcoin many additions to the codebase are not included, many are refined by multiple people over a period of time.  Sometimes developers get annoyed with the process and fork the project to start a new one, either one that is compatible (i.e. another client for Bitcoin) or incompatible (i.e. alt-coin).

If you think 90% of this forum is software developers well that explains why you are so confused about a lot of things.  A minority of people on this forum can write software (beyond "hello world" examples).
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 08:36:00 PM

Who are you going to pay to do development?  A monkey?  A janitor?  A cosmonaut?
I am pretty sure if would be a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER aka a "dev".  

Unless your definition of a dev now is anyone who adds a single line of code.  In that case, 90% of the people on these forums are now devs.  Ha!

Anyone who can add a meaningful improvement to the codebase IS A POTENTIAL DEVELOPER.  That is the whole damn point of open source.  What do you think the creator of IXC was?  A guy who added some lines of code to Bitcoin and made IXC.  That concept is called software development.

If you think 90% of this forum is software developers well that explains why you are so confused.  A minority of people on this forum can write software (beyond "hello world" examples).

No, I'm gonna pay a Mickey Mouse guy who barely knows how to code unless I need a major job done, which simply adding wallet encryption is not.  Or do you think real developers do updates for $10?  Lol.

Most upgrades are single line updates and many are nothing more than copy and pasting from other coins who already have the updates done.

So no, NOT anyone who does an update to an open source code is a developer.  That's the most ridiculous thing you've said in a long time.

Shit, if that's the case I'm gonna go in my source-code and update a single line and you'll start calling me Vlad the Developer, right?  No, you wouldn't, you'd just be a hipocrite at that point.

But I am getting a big laugh out of this.  That's worth something.

Edit:

I see you left yourself a backdoor out of your bullshit story.

Key word:  Meaningful.  Lol, to me even a single line of code is meaningful. 

Keep arguing, you love it.

Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2013, 09:24:53 PM

If, if, if a Bitcoin would be worth 1k usd, and an Ixcoin would be 100 usd:

Having 10.000 ixc, it would mean 1 million usd.

If, if, if this would ever happen, to have 470k instead of 500k ixc is almost irrelevant.

There is a saying in my area, actually a joke: "We must save, at the cost of losing everything, we must save"

All these people owning a huge amount of ixcoin have to ask themselves: am i ready to lose everything instead of investing a part of my coin for development?

In the case of Ixcoin, the lack of development is killing the coin itself.

Unless a "savior" (speculator) comes in, develop and buy it with the goal to resell it for a 100 times at least, the chances to win the battle against other altcoins are very small.

I love the idea of Ixcoin, but i repeat, as already said, I don't believe that owning a lot of a coin is beneficial to the coin itself, actually it can bring the coin to a premature death.

IF YOU, READER, OWN A LOT OF THIS COIN, YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE CARING MORE FOR ITS DEVELOPMENT.    OTHERWISE, IT'S BETTER FOR YOU TO SELL THEM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

I totally agree with you and 2 guys have already PM'd me saying they would pitch in some ixCoins.  And I will pitch in some as well.

I'm waiting to hear back from rsnel, he said he'd take a look at ixCoin when he had a chance, probably this week.  But let me say, personally, I only care about a wallet [encryption] upgrade so I'm not sure exactly what rsnel plans to do and how much it will cost. 

On principle alone, I don't feel like paying for a bunch of updates while the lazy dev quietly sits on his ass, and hides our premine while we pay for everything.

Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:33:05 PM

If nothing else Vlad, it's a good lesson on why people tend to not trust "devs" that launch a coin and premine it.  Even the really old and established coins, where the "dev" has been around for years can just sit on the premine and hope someone develops the coin for him.  Unless your an actual software programmer, and are going to put the time and effort into your coin, it's just not worth getting into. 

And just looking for your economist insight here.  Either for a laugh, or to learn something.  Why do you conclude the Gov't and banks have the most to gain by a cryptocurrency taking off?  As I can't see anything aside from having more money to buy in early to sell for a profit.  I must be missing something.

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
haightst

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2013, 09:34:43 PM

I'LL GET WARREN BUFFET RIGHT ON IT!LOL  Grin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 316 »
  Print  

Jump to: